• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Toronto games coming to an end?

It looks like a somewhat secretive meeting between the Bills and Rogers media has been scheduled for Jan. 12. Only speculation right now as to what it is about, but hopefully both sides agree that it's not really in anyone's best interest to continue the series and they just cancel it.

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Toronto games coming to an end?

The Bills are not going to leave money on the table.

The NFL is a business.

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

Please cancel this bull****!!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

As much as the Bills want out of the deal, Rogers wants out of it twice as much.

Pro-rate the balance of the deal and hand the money back.

Perhaps the news will be just what Ralph needs...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

God I hope so. Ill gladly pay more for my seasons if adding a game at the Ralph happens

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
            God I hope so. Ill gladly pay more for my seasons if adding a game at the Ralph happens
            Of course, when the Bills have the or one of the lowest seat prices in the NFL. Still the Bills had a black out and had to manufacturer a few more sell outs this past year.

I doubt a new owner will be keen on investing a billion dollars into this team without raising seat prices to at least the league average given he can`t sell corporate boxes at any where close to that.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
              Of course, when the Bills have the or one of the lowest seat prices in the NFL. Still the Bills had a black out and had to manufacturer a few more sell outs this past year.

I doubt a new owner will be keen on investing a billion dollars into this team without raising seat prices to at least the league average given he can`t sell corporate boxes at any where close to that.
              The Bills have the 7 lowest average ticket price in the NFL.

In other words, there are 6 teams that have a lower price.

And there is less than $10 difference from the Bills price & the next two teams above them.

The Bills have NOT MADE the playoffs in FOURTEEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND, the Bills are NOT the ONLY team that had to manufacture sellouts this year!!

INCLUDING the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ICRockets
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2008

I wish I could be encouraged by this, but Jan. 12 is my birthday so for this to happen it would mean I actually get to have a reason to be really, really happy. I'm never happy. Sorry guys.

Comment

• clumping platelets

It may have been successful if Bills' season ticket holders were given first opportunity to game tickets as part of the season ticket package.

You have the Buffalo Season Ticket Package that only has games played at the Ralph for price X

You have the Toronto Season Ticket Package that includes the game(s) played in Toronto with the comparable season ticket(s) for price Y

Give the loyal season ticket holder a chance to buy tickets first

This was a charlie foxtrot from the beginning

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                    I'm never happy.
                    anger issues.

shocking.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                      Why should we pay more? I've been paying the same as I have been when I was still getting eight games.

Comment

• ticatfan
                        The Meathead of Muslims!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                        It may have been successful if Bills' season ticket holders were given first opportunity to game tickets as part of the season ticket package.

You have the Buffalo Season Ticket Package that only has games played at the Ralph for price X

You have the Toronto Season Ticket Package that includes the game(s) played in Toronto with the comparable season ticket(s) for price Y

Give the loyal season ticket holder a chance to buy tickets first

This was a charlie foxtrot from the beginning
                        You buy season tickets to watch the game in your stadium, not in another city in another country. End this now, the NFL is not coming to canada.
                        Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                        Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

The only way it ends is if Toronto decides not to extend the series. It's additional revenue for the team. They care about their bottom line.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                            The only way it ends is if Toronto decides not to extend the series. It's additional revenue for the team. They care about their bottom line.
                            Toronto has to agree to end the deal as well as the Bills.

But I have to believe they are losing money up there.

If the Rodgers group thought the Bills series would show the NFL that Toronto is an NFL City & would be a good place for the Bills or another team to relocate to, that has failed miserably.

Continuing to lose games in Toronto that could cause the Bills to miss the playoffs next year affects the bottom line for the Bills

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

I honestly can't see who's benefiting from it at this point. The Bills lose a home game and look like a joke, Toronto has got to be losing its ass financially, and the fans and players hate it. The only upside I see is that it keeps us out of the rotation for the even more godawful London game, but still.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X