PDA

View Full Version : Bills Playing First Playoff Game In 15 Years on January 3rd 2015?

BillsImpossible
01-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Imagine what it would be like in Buffalo if the Bills make the playoffs next year.

If the Bills do make it, a wild card baby birth is likely - the Patriots don't lose the division until Brady gets hurt or retires.

From 6-10 to 9-7 or better?

It all falls on EJ Manuel's head & shoulders, his arm and hammer knee pads, and his good feet store.

His progress. Statistically speaking, 2nd year QB's do better than their first year in general.

If Manuel stayed healthy in 2013, the Bills most likely beat Cleveland and KC to finish 8-8.

It was an entertaining first year, one I honestly did not expect to be so fun to watch. Thought we'd get blown out by the Pats on opening day, get lit up by Carolina and torched by Baltimore. Thought Thad Lewis was a joke, and Tuel would get creamed by KC.

Never happened.

For a rookie head coach, 2 rookie quarterbacks and 1 practice squad "veteran," QB, a new DC, new OC, and a ton of key injuries - the Bills did better than many expected in 2013.

Coach Marrone had a lack of ingredients to work with but he still made a pretty damn good pie for his first shot at building a winning football team. It tasted unexpectedly good for more than half the season even without the sauce or cheese, but the results ultimately turned into a pie from Ying's at 3:00 am. Not bad if you're wasted, but not good when you wake up and realize what you did to yourself the night before while spending half the day on the crapper.

Do the Bills have the foundation to build a playoff team?

If they didn't, the Bills would be a Gregg Williamsesque 3-13 this year and none of the games would have been close.

Round 1 - WR
Round 2 - TE
Round 3 - LB
Round 4 - G
Round 5 - G
Round 6 - G
Round 7 - G

Here's looking forward to a happy, and HEALTHY New Year for the Bills and all of their awesome fans.

Home game at the Ralph, 5 degrees, wind chill of negative 25 in early January 2015.

Game would sell out in 15 minutes.

ICRockets
01-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Bills playoff ticket sales would put these loser fan bases to shame. No extension needed for us.

Meathead
01-04-2014, 05:10 PM
well i think thats true bc its been fourteen thousand years since the bills hosted a playoff game so demand would be high their first time back, but even in kellys day we often struggled to sell out home playoff games once the team was good for a while. always surprised me but thats what happens i guess. ppl forget that the greatest comeback game wasnt even televised locally

BillsImpossible
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
How much would Bills playoff tickets go for in 2015?

My friends and I paid $40 per ticket from a scalper back in the early 90's.

$120 minimum.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-04-2014, 05:24 PM
well i think thats true bc its been fourteen thousand years since the bills hosted a playoff game so demand would be high their first time back, but even in kellys day we often struggled to sell out home playoff games once the team was good for a while. always surprised me but thats what happens i guess. ppl forget that the greatest comeback game wasnt even televised locally

Exactly and that's when we were going to superbowls all the time!

BillsImpossible
01-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Exactly and that's when we were going to superbowls all the time!

We were spoiled rotten fans.

YardRat
01-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Bills playoff ticket sales would put these loser fan bases to shame. No extension needed for us.

The 800,000 fans that attended The Comeback just called, and wanted to say 'ahem'.

ICRockets
01-04-2014, 08:17 PM
The 800,000 fans that attended The Comeback just called, and wanted to say 'ahem'.

The NFL is arguably more popular now than it was even 20 years ago. With a fan base like ours, there's no way that game doesn't sell out if it happens now.

YardRat
01-04-2014, 08:22 PM
The NFL is arguably more popular now than it was even 20 years ago. With a fan base like ours, there's no way that game doesn't sell out if it happens now.

Considering they haven't been to the playoffs this century, just making it would be such a huge deal that I would tend to agree with you, but don't overestimate the rabidness of this fanbase to the point where playoff sell-outs would be a given. Nothing was bigger in this area than the Bills in the late 80's-early 90's.

Mace
01-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Considering they haven't been to the playoffs this century, just making it would be such a huge deal that I would tend to agree with you, but don't overestimate the rabidness of this fanbase to the point where playoff sell-outs would be a given. Nothing was bigger in this area than the Bills in the late 80's-early 90's.

I think it would be a given though. People would go nuts again.

THATHURMANATOR
01-04-2014, 11:42 PM
Imagine what it would be like in Buffalo if the Bills make the playoffs next year.

If the Bills do make it, a wild card baby birth is likely - the Patriots don't lose the division until Brady gets hurt or retires.

From 6-10 to 9-7 or better?

It all falls on EJ Manuel's head & shoulders, his arm and hammer knee pads, and his good feet store.

His progress. Statistically speaking, 2nd year QB's do better than their first year in general.

If Manuel stayed healthy in 2013, the Bills most likely beat Cleveland and KC to finish 8-8.

It was an entertaining first year, one I honestly did not expect to be so fun to watch. Thought we'd get blown out by the Pats on opening day, get lit up by Carolina and torched by Baltimore. Thought Thad Lewis was a joke, and Tuel would get creamed by KC.

Never happened.

For a rookie head coach, 2 rookie quarterbacks and 1 practice squad "veteran," QB, a new DC, new OC, and a ton of key injuries - the Bills did better than many expected in 2013.

Coach Marrone had a lack of ingredients to work with but he still made a pretty damn good pie for his first shot at building a winning football team. It tasted unexpectedly good for more than half the season even without the sauce or cheese, but the results ultimately turned into a pie from Ying's at 3:00 am. Not bad if you're wasted, but not good when you wake up and realize what you did to yourself the night before while spending half the day on the crapper.

Do the Bills have the foundation to build a playoff team?

If they didn't, the Bills would be a Gregg Williamsesque 3-13 this year and none of the games would have been close.

Round 1 - WR
Round 2 - TE
Round 3 - LB
Round 4 - G
Round 5 - G
Round 6 - G
Round 7 - G

Here's looking forward to a happy, and HEALTHY New Year for the Bills and all of their awesome fans.

Home game at the Ralph, 5 degrees, wind chill of negative 25 in early January 2015.

:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
01-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I think it would be a given though. People would go nuts again.

We would go ****ing crazy for a home playoff game

Mr. Pink
01-04-2014, 11:51 PM
Well since you're comparing Marrone to Greggie, does that mean Marrone should win at least 8 games in year 2 since Gregg did that in year 2 here OR does Marrone need a 5 game improvement since the Bills went from 3-13 to 8-8 in year 2 of the Gregg Williams era.

YardRat
01-05-2014, 05:54 AM
Well since you're comparing Marrone to Greggie, does that mean Marrone should win at least 8 games in year 2 since Gregg did that in year 2 here OR does Marrone need a 5 game improvement since the Bills went from 3-13 to 8-8 in year 2 of the Gregg Williams era.

If they make the playoffs with a high enough seed to host a game I don't think anybody will give two ****s how many wins it took them to get there.

coastal
01-05-2014, 06:48 AM
This is another satire thread.

has to be.

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2014, 11:06 AM
It is funny to see fans' off-season plans mixed with delusions of a playoff birth.

Dispose of the best players, draft a bunch of guys to fill holes...playoffs.

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Mr. Pink
01-05-2014, 11:14 AM
If they make the playoffs with a high enough seed to host a game I don't think anybody will give two ****s how many wins it took them to get there.

Well then he'll have to do better than 8-8 since that won't get you in the playoffs.

Novacane
01-05-2014, 01:11 PM
Only division winners host playoff games.

Famous Amos
01-05-2014, 01:43 PM
It is funny to see fans' off-season plans mixed with delusions of a playoff birth.

Dispose of the best players, draft a bunch of guys to fill holes...playoffs.

That's the problem with this organization. It's already conditioned fans to view playoff aspirations as delusions. That way, if and when they miss the playoffs again, it's not a failure, it's par for the course and to be expected.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Blah blah blah playoffs.... Who gives a shat about making the playoffs... All that matters is winning the damn Super Bowl . The bills have been to the stinking playoffs plenty of times, if all you want is the playoffs you'll automatically be a loooooser cause only one team in the playoffs ends up happy and that's the Super Bowl WINNER. Playoffs.... Pfffft