Bills Need Another Linebacker, Who Do You Want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Bills Need Another Linebacker, Who Do You Want?

Free Agency: Brian Orakpo, Daryl Smith, Brandon Spikes, Shaun Phillips, Carlos Dansby.

Draft: Anthony Barr in the first round with the 9th pick? Khalil Mack or Vic Beasly in the 2nd round?

Brandon Spikes is the only player I'd be interested in signing. Orakpo is going to cost way too much, and the rest are approaching the end of their careers.
    Pettine is probably drooling over the idea of having Anthony Barr in his lineup, but I think the Bills are all in on giving EJ Manuel the best offensive target they can find in the first round. But if the Bills pick the BPA, Barr would be an instant upgrade and perfect compliment to Kiko Alonso.

Mack is a local UB guy, but I heard someone compare him to Aaron Maybin.

Vic Beasly played in a better program at Clemson, against much better competition. Will he still be on the board with the 41st pick? I doubt it.

I'd be very happy if the Bills took Beasly with the 9th pick overall, and then drafted Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd round.

50 catches, 957 yards and 14 TD's this season. 6'5 234 lbs, fast, and he played at Florida State. EJ would be very happy.

He needs to work on his hands, but a kid that big is still growing and the hand eye coordination will come as he grows into his adult body. Almost a 1000 yards on 50 catches?! That's about 20 yards per catch. 14 TD's? I think his hands are going to be just fine.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills Need Another Linebacker, Who Do You Want?

I like Beasley in the 3rd.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
      I like Beasley in the 3rd.
      That would be magically delicious.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

I like this hit at 1:11. Think I just creamed myself, sorry....meant Barr at 9 not Beasley.

Last edited by BillsImpossible; 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
          That would be magically delicious.
          BUF draft #9, so they are well-positioned if they like him. I wouldn't spend the #2 on him.

Comment

• Jry44
            • Apr 2013

I wouldn't spend a dime on Brian Orakpo. The guy can't stay healthy.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Khalil Mack will go in the first round.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

He was brought up in other threads but Donald Butler could be a good MLB as could a healthy Jonathan Beasley. Brandon Spikes and Daryl Smith are also intriguing. I'm not sure about Dansby and another name that could get a lot of play is Jonathan Vilma as both are a bit older than I'd like. Some younger guys who could be considered are Perry Riley and Pat Angerer. Ultimately though I think the draft is a better outlet as think asking a rookie LB to play well is realistic. We've seen it here ourselves with Alonso and Poz and Conlan in years past. Also looking at the history of the NFL guys like Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, LaVonte David have shown it's possible. So to me CJ Mosely at pick 9 should be there and could have an impact assuming Mack has already been drafted. Anthony Barr is intriguing but we already have a strong pass rushing LB in Hughes.
                Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-05-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Why mess with success? Alonso played very well this year, rookie of the year candidate. No need for a MLB, Bills have to replace Arthur Moats/Nigel Bradham.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                    Why mess with success? Alonso played very well this year, rookie of the year candidate. No need for a MLB, Bills have to replace Arthur Moats/Nigel Bradham.
                    Who said anything about replacing Alonso? We do need another MLB to put next to him in our 3-4 looks.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      Who said anything about replacing Alonso? We do need another MLB to put next to him in our 3-4 looks.
                      Many feel we need to shift Alonso to WLB on 4-3 looks to replace Moats/Bradham and find a MLB. It isn't a crazy thought especially if can land a guy like Mosely in the draft.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                        • Jul 2013

Mack is definitely a top 10 pick. In one thread I asked if Mack is comparable to Maybin but he's bigger and more talented. Mack has had a more consistent college career than Maybin had. So it isnt a fair comparison. Mack's physical measurables are comparable to guys like Matthews, patrick Willis, Brian Cushing etc. You know, the tall, thick, muscled physical specimens.

"Hate is a lack of imagination."
                        -Graham Greene

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          Many feel we need to shift Alonso to WLB on 4-3 looks to replace Moats/Bradham and find a MLB. It isn't a crazy thought especially if can land a guy like Mosely in the draft.
                          Playing OLB, you lose a bit of the ability to roam to the action - an olb has more coverage and blitzing responsibilities.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                            Playing OLB, you lose a bit of the ability to roam to the action - an olb has more coverage and blitzing responsibilities.
                            To me in a 4-3 the skill set of a WLB and MLB are very similar and agree the outside guy has to be a better pass defender and occasional blitzer. Yet to me the best WLB of recent age was Derrick Brooks formerly of the Bucs. I could see Mosely playing that part if we keep Kiko inside but than again most analysts think that Mosley's best on the inside. Either way I think he'd do a lot to help this team if added.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Orakpo, Spikes, Barr, or Mack. If not, Van Noy, Jones, Attaochu, or Bullough.

To me Spikes and Bullough would be for improving run support.

Comment

Working...
                              X