PDA

View Full Version : Lynch fined by NFL

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2014, 05:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-running-back-marshawn-lynch-fined-50-000-144608299--nfl.htmlSee...the Bills fans knew it was just a matter of time. Vindication at last. How many people here knew he would get in trouble again? Don't be shy now. Take your bow...Of course it is just for not talking to the media, but that is probably because Goodell wants the Bills out of WNY, and is just going to cover up everything else he has done to get in trouble. I point this out, because the power of media is strong, and it is made stronger by places like this. If you were one of the ones that knew it was coming with Lynch, you bought into propaganda that was spread to make trading a 1st rounder for nothing seem like a win. If you think that doesn't happen, and that the Byrd trade rumors were all just accidental...I don't know what to tell you. So, if you just pile on the "I want him gone" bandwagons for reasons like "he's trouble," or "he doesn't want to be a Bill," or any of the other crap, this may be worth considering. Or not. 6 wins is fun every year, right?

YardRat
01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Not talking to the media isn't a big deal.

This could be...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10118469/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-take-dui-case-trial

Interesting that a DUI involving a two-strikes NFL player keeps getting pushed out until after the playoffs. Even more interesting will be to see what the NFL's reaction is if Lynch is convicted.

Night Train
01-05-2014, 05:51 PM
After some recent popular legislation, he's demanding a trade to Denver.

Scumbag College
01-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Typical Seahawk!

ICRockets
01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
After some recent popular legislation, he's demanding a trade to Denver.

You don't understand geography at ALL, do you?

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2014, 07:51 PM

Well, WA's legalization for recreational purposes didn't get as much press, and that is more policy than geography.

Beebe's Kid
01-05-2014, 07:52 PM

This could be...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10118469/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-take-dui-case-trial

Interesting that a DUI involving a two-strikes NFL player keeps getting pushed out until after the playoffs. Even more interesting will be to see what the NFL's reaction is if Lynch is convicted.
Do you think it is a conspiracy?

Maybe we should let Byrd walk...kick Kiko outside...and all of the other popular things that people say.

Aliens!

kishoph
01-05-2014, 08:02 PM

This could be...

Well Seattle is starting to become the new darling of the NFL, so of course they'll receive special treatment. If he was still in Buffalo, you can bet he'd already be suspended.

WagonCircler
01-05-2014, 08:18 PM

And you apparently lack the humor gene.

YardRat
01-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Do you think it is a conspiracy?

Maybe we should let Byrd walk...kick Kiko outside...and all of the other popular things that people say.

Aliens!

Conspiracy would be a foolish term that implies unlawful or harmful implications so the choice of words is inappropriate. Is Lynch getting special treatment because of his status? I would say yes.

I would also say yes to replacing Byrd, whether that is letting him walk or sign and trade, and getting a MLB that can shed blocks instead of ducking and guessing, and moving Kiko outside. Anybody that thinks Kiko's inability to stand toe-to-toe with the big men inside isn't one of the team's problems stopping the run just isn't paying attention.

ICRockets
01-06-2014, 03:46 AM
And you apparently lack the humor gene.

I've got a very finely tuned sense of humor, is what it is. The joke he was making was about Marshawn Lynch and marijuana. The problem is with the joke construction. He gets a B for having a decent joke, but his final presentation's hastiness brings it down to a C-, grading against other Lynch/Ganj jokes.

coastal
01-06-2014, 06:25 AM
I've got a very finely tuned sense of humor, is what it is. The joke he was making was about Marshawn Lynch and marijuana. The problem is with the joke construction. He gets a B for having a decent joke, but his final presentation's hastiness brings it down to a C-, grading against other Lynch/Ganj jokes.provingu have a sense of humor by a step by step explanation that you do...

funny.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2014, 06:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-running-back-marshawn-lynch-fined-50-000-144608299--nfl.htmlSee...the Bills fans knew it was just a matter of time. Vindication at last. How many people here knew he would get in trouble again? Don't be shy now. Take your bow...Of course it is just for not talking to the media, but that is probably because Goodell wants the Bills out of WNY, and is just going to cover up everything else he has done to get in trouble. I point this out, because the power of media is strong, and it is made stronger by places like this. If you were one of the ones that knew it was coming with Lynch, you bought into propaganda that was spread to make trading a 1st rounder for nothing seem like a win. If you think that doesn't happen, and that the Byrd trade rumors were all just accidental...I don't know what to tell you. So, if you just pile on the "I want him gone" bandwagons for reasons like "he's trouble," or "he doesn't want to be a Bill," or any of the other crap, this may be worth considering. Or not. 6 wins is fun every year, right?

I wanted Lynch traded.
But not for a 4th.
I would have kept him for that garbage offer.

better days
01-06-2014, 08:20 AM
I wanted Lynch traded.
But not for a 4th.
I would have kept him for that garbage offer.

I was against trading Lynch myself.

It looked like a bad trade at the time & it looks even worse today, even if he does get suspended.

Bill Cody
01-06-2014, 09:44 AM
I love agenda threads

ThunderGun
01-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Just think.....we could have Lynch, Freddy, and Demaryius Thomas (the guy I wanted in 2010....of course...everybody told me what an idiot I was at the time). Instead, we have Spiller, Freddy, and Chris Hairston. Seeing as how EJ loves checking down, a WR like Demaryius (who is a YAC monster, and excels at taking short passes to the house) would make our offense legitimate. Not to mention having an actual Probowl RB.

But I guess it's a good thing we ran that thug out of town. lol.

pmoon6
01-06-2014, 10:31 AM
More of the "Looky, Looky, I'm right" baloney.

I suggest all the armchair GM's apply for a job in the NFL. That way they can put their talents to good use.

Otherwise, just make your points and be done with it.

Crowing about being correct just makes you look like a fool since you have no other reason than self aggrandizement.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I was against trading Lynch myself.

It looked like a bad trade at the time & it looks even worse today, even if he does get suspended.
Thats like trading Byrd for anything less than a early 2nd rounder.
I'd rather keep him and let him walk if that's the case.

TacklingDummy
01-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Just think.....we could have Lynch, Freddy, and Demaryius Thomas (the guy I wanted in 2010....of course...everybody told me what an idiot I was at the time). Instead, we have Spiller, Freddy, and Chris Hairston. Seeing as how EJ loves checking down, a WR like Demaryius (who is a YAC monster, and excels at taking short passes to the house) would make our offense legitimate. Not to mention having an actual Probowl RB.

But I guess it's a good thing we ran that thug out of town. lol.

Without Manning

22 Rec., 283 yards, 2 TDs
32 Rec., 551 yards, 4 TDs

With Manning

94 Rec., 1434 yards, 10 TDs
92 Rec., 1430 yards, 14 TDs

Demaryius Thomas would be a bust in Buffalo having Fitzpatrick, KneeJ, Lewis, and Tuel throwing to him the past 4 years.

better days
01-06-2014, 12:03 PM
More of the "Looky, Looky, I'm right" baloney.

I suggest all the armchair GM's apply for a job in the NFL. That way they can put their talents to good use.

Otherwise, just make your points and be done with it.

Crowing about being correct just makes you look like a fool since you have no other reason than self aggrandizement.

I think every poster on this board can point to something & claim they were right about it.

In the same respect, every poster on this board has been wrong about something as well.

Even the people getting paid by NFL teams are wrong sometimes.

better days
01-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Thats like trading Byrd for anything less than a early 2nd rounder.
I'd rather keep him and let him walk if that's the case.

I agree with you. I would rather keep Byrd for one year on the tag again than to lose him for less than a 2nd rnd pick.

My hope is they sign him long term.

stuckincincy
01-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I think every poster on this board can point to something & claim they were right about it.
In the same respect, every poster on this board has been wrong about something as well.
Even the people getting paid by NFL teams are wrong sometimes.

Well said. :shake:

trapezeus
01-07-2014, 04:49 PM

which is what a message board community is entirely about. i guess you don't like being proven wrong.

i had no dog in this race. i thought lynch was dangerously close to not playing at all. i do think the NFL is babying Seattle a little since it's kind of like boston. a town that has sucked for a long time and now has the taste of winning and a large population with strong corporate ties. they may change the hearings to ensure for the best game to keep their fans happy.

Also when we traded lynch i thought it was the right thing to do, but i would have liked a 3rd. we also trade to seattle at a time when they looked like the pete carroll train was about to crash and burn. he had given up a lot of picks to have a team go sideways. then they got lucky picking tj graham....i mean russell wilson and an accurate qb sorted out all their issues and made the run game pretty excellent.

feldspar
01-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Trading Lynch was about as stupid as this thread is.

Rationalize it all you want if it makes you feel better for some reason, but it's still stupid. I sure wish he would talk to the media because there aren't enough empty interviews laced with cliches already. And IF he blew a .08 two seasons ago, well he's public enemy number one.

TacklingDummy
01-08-2014, 06:15 AM
And IF he blew a .08 two seasons ago, well he's public enemy number one.

I'm thinking running someone over with his car and leaving the scene had more to with it.

Personally I don't care how someone acts off the field as long as they are not out raping and murdering people.

ThunderGun
01-08-2014, 07:48 AM
I'm thinking running someone over with his car and leaving the scene had more to with it.

Good thing he never "ran someone over with his car".

Fiction is fun.

ThunderGun
01-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Without Manning

22 Rec., 283 yards, 2 TDs
32 Rec., 551 yards, 4 TDs

With Manning

94 Rec., 1434 yards, 10 TDs
92 Rec., 1430 yards, 14 TDs

Demaryius Thomas would be a bust in Buffalo having Fitzpatrick, KneeJ, Lewis, and Tuel throwing to him the past 4 years.

He wasn't a bust with Kyle Orton and Tim TeBlow those first 2 years. And certainly having Peyton is going to inflate any WR's numbers, which is why I didn't even bother bringing them up. But numbers or no numbers, if you've ever watched him play, you can't deny that the kid possesses more talent than any WR we've had on our roster in the last decade, and would go a long way to mask EJ's flaws.

ThunderGun
01-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Most forced Missed Tackles (on rush & rec) by an RB this season:

1) Lynch: 86
2) McCoy: 75
3) Peterson: 67
4) Charles: 63
5) Lacy: 61

What a thug...

feldspar
01-08-2014, 12:22 PM

Personally I don't care how someone acts off the field as long as they are not out raping and murdering people.

Actually, I think that he raped and murdered her, and THEN ran her over in his car...then put the car in reverse and did it again. That's what I heard.

Anyway, this murderous rampage happened over TWO YEARS before we traded him for peanuts. The year after that, he had a misdemeanor gun charge in Los Angeles...whoop-de-doo.

The guy hasn't missed a game in Seattle as far as I know, and he's been there for the better part of four years. How many games has Spiller missed? Beast Mode is a crucial part of the Seahawks' success.

No, trading him coincided with Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix's arrival in Buffalo. It was a completely bone-headed move, and there's no way around it.

ThunderGun
01-09-2014, 07:49 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/08/marshawn-lynch-says-he-has-won-appeal-of-50000-fine/

Sorry haters....the league has decided not to fine him after all. Marshawn keeps his 50k. Hopefully he'll get in trouble next year, so you can all say "I told you he was a thug". lol

gr8slayer
01-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Still one of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.

pmoon6
01-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Still one of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.:rofl: