X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Lynch fined by NFL

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh....htmlSee...the Bills fans knew it was just a matter of time. Vindication at last. How many people here knew he would get in trouble again? Don't be shy now. Take your bow...Of course it is just for not talking to the media, but that is probably because Goodell wants the Bills out of WNY, and is just going to cover up everything else he has done to get in trouble. I point this out, because the power of media is strong, and it is made stronger by places like this. If you were one of the ones that knew it was coming with Lynch, you bought into propaganda that was spread to make trading a 1st rounder for nothing seem like a win. If you think that doesn't happen, and that the Byrd trade rumors were all just accidental...I don't know what to tell you. So, if you just pile on the "I want him gone" bandwagons for reasons like "he's trouble," or "he doesn't want to be a Bill," or any of the other crap, this may be worth considering. Or not. 6 wins is fun every year, right?

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Lynch fined by NFL

Not talking to the media isn't a big deal.

This could be...

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is preparing to take his DUI case to trial but the court date likely will postponed beyond Dec. 27, when it currently is scheduled to begin, attorney Ivan Golde said.

Interesting that a DUI involving a two-strikes NFL player keeps getting pushed out until after the playoffs. Even more interesting will be to see what the NFL's reaction is if Lynch is convicted.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

After some recent popular legislation, he's demanding a trade to Denver.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

Typical Seahawk!
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• ICRockets
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          After some recent popular legislation, he's demanding a trade to Denver.
          You don't understand geography at ALL, do you?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
            Well, WA's legalization for recreational purposes didn't get as much press, and that is more policy than geography.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

This could be...

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is preparing to take his DUI case to trial but the court date likely will postponed beyond Dec. 27, when it currently is scheduled to begin, attorney Ivan Golde said.

Interesting that a DUI involving a two-strikes NFL player keeps getting pushed out until after the playoffs. Even more interesting will be to see what the NFL's reaction is if Lynch is convicted.
              Do you think it is a conspiracy?

Maybe we should let Byrd walk...kick Kiko outside...and all of the other popular things that people say.

Aliens!

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

This could be...

Well Seattle is starting to become the new darling of the NFL, so of course they'll receive special treatment. If he was still in Buffalo, you can bet he'd already be suspended.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

And you apparently lack the humor gene.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
                    Do you think it is a conspiracy?

Maybe we should let Byrd walk...kick Kiko outside...and all of the other popular things that people say.

Aliens!
                    Conspiracy would be a foolish term that implies unlawful or harmful implications so the choice of words is inappropriate. Is Lynch getting special treatment because of his status? I would say yes.

I would also say yes to replacing Byrd, whether that is letting him walk or sign and trade, and getting a MLB that can shed blocks instead of ducking and guessing, and moving Kiko outside. Anybody that thinks Kiko's inability to stand toe-to-toe with the big men inside isn't one of the team's problems stopping the run just isn't paying attention.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICRockets
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      And you apparently lack the humor gene.
                      I've got a very finely tuned sense of humor, is what it is. The joke he was making was about Marshawn Lynch and marijuana. The problem is with the joke construction. He gets a B for having a decent joke, but his final presentation's hastiness brings it down to a C-, grading against other Lynch/Ganj jokes.

Comment

• coastal
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

I've got a very finely tuned sense of humor, is what it is. The joke he was making was about Marshawn Lynch and marijuana. The problem is with the joke construction. He gets a B for having a decent joke, but his final presentation's hastiness brings it down to a C-, grading against other Lynch/Ganj jokes.
                        provingu have a sense of humor by a step by step explanation that you do...

funny.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
                          http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh....htmlSee...the Bills fans knew it was just a matter of time. Vindication at last. How many people here knew he would get in trouble again? Don't be shy now. Take your bow...Of course it is just for not talking to the media, but that is probably because Goodell wants the Bills out of WNY, and is just going to cover up everything else he has done to get in trouble. I point this out, because the power of media is strong, and it is made stronger by places like this. If you were one of the ones that knew it was coming with Lynch, you bought into propaganda that was spread to make trading a 1st rounder for nothing seem like a win. If you think that doesn't happen, and that the Byrd trade rumors were all just accidental...I don't know what to tell you. So, if you just pile on the "I want him gone" bandwagons for reasons like "he's trouble," or "he doesn't want to be a Bill," or any of the other crap, this may be worth considering. Or not. 6 wins is fun every year, right?
                          I wanted Lynch traded.
                          But not for a 4th.
                          I would have kept him for that garbage offer.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            I wanted Lynch traded.
                            But not for a 4th.
                            I would have kept him for that garbage offer.
                            I was against trading Lynch myself.

It looked like a bad trade at the time & it looks even worse today, even if he does get suspended.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

I love agenda threads

Comment

Working...
                              X