Who's our most talented player at their current position ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Who's our most talented player at their current position ?

I like to use this question to help figure out who we might draft, so who do you think it is & why ?
  • Meathead
    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Who's our most talented player at their current position ?

1. robert woods - soft hands, great route runner, fearless over the middle. hes gonna be the best wr weve had here since andre easy

2. white williams - one of the best penetrating lineman in the league, should have at least one more stellar season left in the tank

3. gilmore - struggled coming back from the club arm but awesome rookie campaign was no fluke. gonna be a real shutdown cb

4. bad santa wood - just a top notch nfl center as long as his legs arent broken

5. freddie - would be #1 if he wasnt cheating father time worse than an amanda bynes driveway fire. that doesnt make sense but neither does freddies not hitting the proverbial rb wall already
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
      1. robert woods - soft hands, great route runner, fearless over the middle. hes gonna be the best wr weve had here since andre easy

2. white williams - one of the best penetrating lineman in the league, should have at least one more stellar season left in the tank

3. gilmore - struggled coming back from the club arm but awesome rookie campaign was no fluke. gonna be a real shutdown cb

4. bad santa wood - just a top notch nfl center as long as his legs arent broken

5. freddie - would be #1 if he wasnt cheating father time worse than an amanda bynes driveway fire. that doesnt make sense but neither does freddies not hitting the proverbial rb wall already
      Insane & logical, a difficult combo to pull off.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

insane and logical is my trademark
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          insane and logical is my trademark
          Your Hallmark, that's deeper.

Comment

• ICRockets
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            Halmark is more like it.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              At the risk of breaking the "well it was funny the first time..." rule, this is what you get when you go deeper into meathead:

accidental-vag-meat.jpg

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Don't know about Kyle WIlliams. Good at penetrating into the backfield but when opposing O's commit to the run, he gets washed out with ease and RB's gash us. He never gets double teamed like Dareus.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

CJ Spiller and it's no close at any other position.

Now is he our most effective player? Nope, but he's by far the most talented.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Garrison Sanborn.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Dan Carpenter

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

I havent seen Cordy listed yet - hes our most talented lineman, if he isnt the most consistent, and other than Wood is the only one I'd like to see stick around.

Our run blocking did get better as the year went on but still was far from good.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

The last guy that made a decent ST tackle.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Tough question. Whoever it is, "I want them gone NOW." We don't like talent, it costs Ralph too much money.

On a bit less sarcastic note, I agree with DB. Spiller is incredibly talented. I also would say Byrd, and promptly duck (see above comment).

I wouldn't worry as much as people do about Kyle, or Dareus, or Mario. I think that people make knee jerk calls on who they "want gone." There are plenty of players that aren't the best in the league at their position, but some of the best players in the league are the only stars a team has. A salary cap is kind of meant to do exactly that, and it does.

As for the draft, I think that we could be improved at the WR position, but that may also be a QB problem. We have some speed, we have some guys that can catch, albeit not the guy that is the first look, but Woods is very good. I think another option, and a system meant to play to the strengths of the players that are actually on the roster would make a big difference. But a WR that you can throw to, and trust to make a difficult catch, is probably the way that I would go.

I think QB is a problem, but we are going to wait on footwork and stuff, because Manning didn't have a good rookie year. I don't think we have a Manning that we are waiting on, but you have to just buy into the hype at some point.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              CJ Spiller and it's no close at any other position.

Now is he our most effective player? Nope, but he's by far the most talented.
                              I disagree. Mario is the most talented player on the team. Obviously, he does not play at a level his talent suggests he should.

Comment

Working...
                              X