PDA

View Full Version : 2014 NFL Draft order: Top three needs for all 32 teams

justasportsfan
01-08-2014, 02:36 PM
9. Buffalo Bills

Record: 6-10
Team needs: OT, safety, DE
Analysis: The Bills could use another offensive tackle as well as some youth at defensive end. Buffalo linebacker/pass rusher Khalil Mack would be a very popular pick, and his versatility would give defensive coordinator Mike Pettine a lot of flexibility.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams

I'll take Mack in the 1st, Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd and then who cares? ...Seriously OL the rest of the way

sukie
01-08-2014, 02:39 PM
how is a receiver not a need?

The Jokeman
01-08-2014, 02:49 PM

WR is a need and not sure how DE supercedes it on that list. Unless the writer feels that because we took a WR in Round 2 and 3 of last year that they should develop in 2014 so the need isn't warranted and with that thought probably feels Mario isn't getting younger and don't have any other pass rushing DE that are worth replacing him and/or we need a run stopping DE.

stuckincincy
01-08-2014, 03:12 PM
WR is a need and not sure how DE supercedes it on that list. Unless the writer feels that because we took a WR in Round 2 and 3 of last year that they should develop in 2014 so the need isn't warranted and with that thought probably feels Mario isn't getting younger and don't have any other pass rushing DE that are worth replacing him and/or we need a run stopping DE.

Many of these so-called sports writers are just paparazzi who got a short-term writing gig, hoping for the time when they get a juicy peep job in Monaco or Zermatt etc.

The last buffalo fan
01-08-2014, 03:16 PM

It is, but not as big as LB & DT to fix our run defense, or OL to help QB and the Rb's. I love sexy picks, and if it helps us to cover one of our HUGE needs, let's do it!

YardRat
01-08-2014, 06:16 PM
I would replace DE with ILBer.

My first mock, first three picks...

1-Cameron Irving, OT, Florida State
2-Shayne Skov, LB, Stanford
3-Dion Bailey, FS, USC

Mace
01-08-2014, 06:28 PM

I thought the same thing at first. Except Mario is 28 coming off a 13 sack season, and Jerry Hughes is 25 coming off a 10 sack season. He then mentions linebacker Mack as a linebacker/pass rusher when intending to talk about DE's (don't think he meant run stuffer) and we need a linebacker. Like it didn't occur to him we were plenty flexible on defense and 2nd in sacks. As the Byrd has not flown yet and Aaron Williams played well, not too sure why he included safety. Lazy writing work for a "top 3 needs list", imho.

Skooby
01-08-2014, 07:49 PM
It is either WR / OT, OT / WR then LB.

BuffaloRedleg
01-08-2014, 11:01 PM
If they pick a DE/S I will lose my ****ing mind.

clumping platelets
01-09-2014, 02:41 AM
OL (G and T), do it all TE, S if we lose Byrd or a big NT to stuff the run and generate more solid DL depth

physical WR, developmental RB, CB, LB, P are all considerations as well

swiper
01-09-2014, 05:56 AM
DE? Really? How can you take that writer seriously?

TacklingDummy
01-09-2014, 06:04 AM
9. Buffalo Bills

Analysis: The Bills could use another offensive tackle as well as some youth at defensive end. Buffalo linebacker/pass rusher Khalil Mack would be a very popular pick, and his versatility would give defensive coordinator Mike Pettine a lot of flexibility.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288658/article/2014-nfl-draft-order-top-three-needs-for-all-32-teams

I'll take Mack in the 1st, Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd and then who cares? ...Seriously OL the rest of the way
I like this one better.

1st: Mike Evans WR
2nd: Eric Ebron TE
3rd: Yawin Smallwood ILB
4th: Tre Mason RB

http://www.drafttek.com/2014-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

I want nothing to do with Mack.

X-Era
01-09-2014, 06:07 AM
how is a receiver not a need?The authors are quite frequently just taking a quick scan at the roster... They don't really know the teams.

X-Era
01-09-2014, 06:08 AM
I like this one better.

I want nothing to do with Mack.I really don't see Ebron dropping that far. Love it if he did and we grabbed him.

TacklingDummy
01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
I really don't see Ebron dropping that far. Love it if he did and we grabbed him.

I know, the guy who did that draft must be smoking crack.

TigerJ
01-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Safety is conditional on what happens with Jairus Byrd. Buffalo did not have much room to give Duke Williams and Jonathon Meeks playing time during the season, and I think they needed some development before they could be used that much, but we reallly don't know what Mike Pettine and the Bills think of them. I really don't see the need at DE unless Carrington does not come back.

I'd be OK with drafting Mack because he is supposed to be very versatile, able to play inside as well as outside, and good versus the run and in coverage, as well as elite pass rushing ability. If Buffalo is high on Tony Moeaki and Chris Gragg, I could see them standing pat at TE. It may be that Buffalo projects that Unga is going to start next season, neutralizing the need for a guard. And, of course, Marrone has said he thinks Buffalo could fill the need for a big receiver within the organization (from a couple PS dwellers). That said, Buffalo is probably going to draft players in most if not all of those areas.

The Jokeman
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I like this one better.

The problem I have with this draft is 2014 impact. Again drafting for need is nice but the fact is most WR and TEs don't make impacts as rookies. I've mentioned numerous times like Mack and Mosley. As Mack is a can do anything LB with but also a great pass rusher. I don't see him falling to us as to me he's a definite top 5 selection as while the teams above us do need QBs which might cause someone to reach for Carr and/or Blake Bortles (I'm not a Johnny football fan due to his size limitations and behavior). Yet honestly not sure if anyone outside of Bridgewater really deserves to be taken so high. Mosley should slip as most ILB/MLB players don't go in the top 10. The only way I can't see us taking Mosley is if we take an OT like Greg Robinson and look to find a LB in Round 2. I'm not sold on Robinson as a left OT but have no problems as a right OT and he should easily man that spot from day 1 from being drafted yet worry about what LB we'd take behind him.

justasportsfan
01-09-2014, 11:56 AM
I like this one better.

I like that he's big and physical and will fight for the ball. Thats not what EJ wants though. EJ looks for separation or he most likely wont throw it.

The Jokeman
01-09-2014, 12:16 PM
I thought the same thing at first. Except Mario is 28 coming off a 13 sack season, and Jerry Hughes is 25 coming off a 10 sack season. He then mentions linebacker Mack as a linebacker/pass rusher when intending to talk about DE's (don't think he meant run stuffer) and we need a linebacker. Like it didn't occur to him we were plenty flexible on defense and 2nd in sacks. As the Byrd has not flown yet and Aaron Williams played well, not too sure why he included safety. Lazy writing work for a "top 3 needs list", imho.

As good as a pass rusher Hughes showed this year I don't consider him a 3 down player and that's something this defense needs help on. More specifically a 3 down LB that can tackle as well as Alonso. I will give Williams props from looking like he might be a draft day bust to show he can play in this league but don't see him a replacement for Byrd as Aaron was playing SS and occasional nickel back this year. If we do lose Byrd we have major questions at FS and would only fill it with a veteran yet don't count me in the group that Jim Leonhard is a long term answer.

psubills62
01-09-2014, 12:42 PM
People need to chill on the WR thing. Just drafted two kids last year, and whether people like it or not, Stevie is a top WR on this team. It could be upgraded, but we have more dire needs at other positions.

I'm a little surprised CB isn't on there, personally.

better days
01-10-2014, 09:01 AM
I like this one better.

Well, that would be a sexy draft, but it ignores the need on the OL.

If OL is fixed in FA, I would be happy with that draft.

MikeInRoch
01-10-2014, 09:06 AM
whether people like it or not, Stevie is a top WR on this team.

I think that is actually the problem statement. Stevie being a top WR on this team needs to be fixed.

psubills62
01-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I think that is actually the problem statement. Stevie being a top WR on this team needs to be fixed.
He's not a #1, but he's not the biggest problem on the team. And unless there's a great way to get out of the contract, the situation will have to stay status quo.

Should they draft a WR? I'd say so. But I definitely don't see it as a must in the first round. Plenty of other positions to go with.

Mace
01-10-2014, 08:40 PM
As good as a pass rusher Hughes showed this year I don't consider him a 3 down player and that's something this defense needs help on. More specifically a 3 down LB that can tackle as well as Alonso. I will give Williams props from looking like he might be a draft day bust to show he can play in this league but don't see him a replacement for Byrd as Aaron was playing SS and occasional nickel back this year. If we do lose Byrd we have major questions at FS and would only fill it with a veteran yet don't count me in the group that Jim Leonhard is a long term answer.

I agree with you but the article was top 3 needs for every team. We need an LB, wasn't mentioned, except by accident, and while we need a safety, IMHO that's not a top 3 need compared to LB, OT, OG, (TE & WR are arguable, along with priority of DB depth). Pettine works using his players, even getting some FA depth he'd be fine, as he was using Leonhard for another year and we have not lost Byrd yet so no telling we will even.

LB is significant for the defense, past that though, what stands out is offensive issues.

alohabillsfan
01-12-2014, 10:24 AM
How the hell is QB not on there !! Loss of all cred....

justasportsfan
01-13-2014, 01:49 PM
9. Buffalo Bills

ha! After further review ....... must've read my comment. :tip:

9. Buffalo Bills

Team needs: LB, TE, RT
Analysis: The Bills could use another stud linebacker to line up next to Kiko Alonso. They could also look to add an athletic tight end for their young quarterback.

Buffalo Billy Bison
01-26-2014, 10:50 PM
9. Buffalo Bills

I thought that LB was a top priority since we still can't stop the run, so Kahlil Mack or Anthony Barr or CJ Mosley might be our first pick at number 9! OT Greg Robinson would definitely be in line at #9. Some have even said WR Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans or TE Eric Ebron might be a thought also! What's your opinions of these at #9?