• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Kiper's top ten

Also, no QB in his top 3 is a good sign for us:
    Clowney, Barr, Mathews, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, ebron, bridgewater, bortles and Jernigan are his top ten

Mel Kiper updates his Big Board, the ranking of the top 25 prospects in college football. Clemson WR Sammy Watkins cracks the top five while UCF QB Blake Bortles debuts at No. 8 and Texas A&M WR Mike Evans returns to the list at No. 15.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Kiper's top ten

Out of that, I'd have to hope Matthews or Robinson dropped, or go off the board. Kind of surprised Jernigan is that high.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

No QB in top 3 is not good sign for us. I want 5 Qbs to go before us so a player we need will drop to us. Get over it Skooby we will not be drafting a QB in RD1 no matter how much you want it to happen

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Bridgewater, Bortles & Manziel will go high because they are QB's... regardless of overall rankings.

Hoping the Bills can trade down again, like last year. Need help at multiple positions ( OG,TE,WR,DT,MLB,S )
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
          No QB in top 3 is not good sign for us. I want 5 Qbs to go before us so a player we need will drop to us. Get over it Skooby we will not be drafting a QB in RD1 no matter how much you want it to happen
          Is that really Skooby?

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

If 2 or even 3 QB's go in the top 8, we could see Watkins, Mack, or Barr sitting there at 9.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

Even Kiper himself said he thinks at least 3 QB going into top 8 in actual draft because, they are quarterbacks.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
                EXACTLY!!!!! No way we take a QB. This just eats up the good position players.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                  Even Kiper himself said he thinks at least 3 QB going into top 8 in actual draft because, they are quarterbacks.
                  But the fact Kiper does not have a QB in his top 3 should tell everyone how this QB draft class is thought of...........................not very well.

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    Yeah, he's already projecting Manziel to Cleveland at 4 like a lot of others.

There are at least 5 teams in the top 8 that need a qb, so Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, and Carr all going in the top 8 wouldn't be shocking.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      But the fact Kiper does not have a QB in his top 3 should tell everyone how this QB draft class is thought of...........................not very well.
                      This QB draft is 10X stronger than last year. 3 QBs will be taken in top 6. We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                        We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Night Train kind of explained Mitch's reasoning. Teams may draft QBs early due to need, thether or not they are the most elite players available or not. When they do, that means that elite players at other positions drop. I'm not sure that it makes a huge difference myself. If teams draft QBs early, whether they are elite or not, players at other positions will drop. Whether or not the top players in the draft ar QBs doesn't actually affect how good the players are who play at other positions. I suppose if three QBs are drafted in the top eight (Bridgewater and Bortles from Kiper's list, and Manziel-one of the most hyped QBs ever) then at least 3 of Kiper's top 10 list will still be on the board. That could either give Buffalo their choice among the three, or make the #9 spot more attractive for a trade down scenario.

I will assume Clowney, Barr, and Matthews are going to be drafted in the top 8. I suspect Watkins may be as well. That leaves one more will be gone that I can't identify. I really don't think it will be Jernigan. I also don't think Buffalo will be that interested in Jernigan, who strikes me as being a lot like Kyle Williams in terms of his value to a team. If Buffalo does not trade down, I could see them having interest in Mack, (for the versatility that supplements his pure pass rushing ability) Ebron - as the best pure pass catching tight end, and Robinson - who could be a dominant right tackle; and might draft one of tthe two out of that group that are likely still available.

Of course, Kiper's top ten list is likely to change at least 3 or 4 times befor May, and other pundits probably have different top ten lists.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• bleve
                            • Mar 2005

Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak, and MN are all potential teams who could draft q QB before us.

We're not taking a QB. Hopefully we'll have a pretty good selection of a position of need at 9.
                            "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                            ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bleve View Post
                              Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak, and MN are all potential teams who could draft q QB before us.

We're not taking a QB. Hopefully we'll have a pretty good selection of a position of need at 9.
                              I'm almost 100% sure all 5 of those teams will draft QBs. Oak is the best chance to NOT take one but probably will. Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater and Boyd all gone before we pick.

Meaning, we would get the #4 overall best non-QB on the board. Clowney will be gone, Mathews will be gone, Robinson or Watkins will be gone. Leaves us with a ton of top talents to pick from.

Comment

Working...
                              X