PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's top ten

Skooby
01-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Also, no QB in his top 3 is a good sign for us:

Clowney, Barr, Mathews, Robinson, Mack, Watkins, ebron, bridgewater, bortles and Jernigan are his top ten

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10259549

YardRat
01-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Out of that, I'd have to hope Matthews or Robinson dropped, or go off the board. Kind of surprised Jernigan is that high.

SquishDaFish
01-09-2014, 03:29 AM
No QB in top 3 is not good sign for us. I want 5 Qbs to go before us so a player we need will drop to us. Get over it Skooby we will not be drafting a QB in RD1 no matter how much you want it to happen

Night Train
01-09-2014, 03:54 AM
Bridgewater, Bortles & Manziel will go high because they are QB's... regardless of overall rankings.

Hoping the Bills can trade down again, like last year. Need help at multiple positions ( OG,TE,WR,DT,MLB,S )

swiper
01-09-2014, 05:54 AM
No QB in top 3 is not good sign for us. I want 5 Qbs to go before us so a player we need will drop to us. Get over it Skooby we will not be drafting a QB in RD1 no matter how much you want it to happen

Is that really Skooby?

X-Era
01-09-2014, 06:16 AM
If 2 or even 3 QB's go in the top 8, we could see Watkins, Mack, or Barr sitting there at 9.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-09-2014, 07:23 AM
Even Kiper himself said he thinks at least 3 QB going into top 8 in actual draft because, they are quarterbacks.

THATHURMANATOR
01-09-2014, 07:37 AM

EXACTLY!!!!! No way we take a QB. This just eats up the good position players.

better days
01-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Even Kiper himself said he thinks at least 3 QB going into top 8 in actual draft because, they are quarterbacks.

But the fact Kiper does not have a QB in his top 3 should tell everyone how this QB draft class is thought of...........................not very well.

Ed
01-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Yeah, he's already projecting Manziel to Cleveland at 4 like a lot of others.

There are at least 5 teams in the top 8 that need a qb, so Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, and Carr all going in the top 8 wouldn't be shocking.

Mahdi
01-09-2014, 10:14 AM
But the fact Kiper does not have a QB in his top 3 should tell everyone how this QB draft class is thought of...........................not very well.

This QB draft is 10X stronger than last year. 3 QBs will be taken in top 6. We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.

The last buffalo fan
01-09-2014, 11:09 AM
We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.

:drool: :cloud9:

TigerJ
01-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Night Train kind of explained Mitch's reasoning. Teams may draft QBs early due to need, thether or not they are the most elite players available or not. When they do, that means that elite players at other positions drop. I'm not sure that it makes a huge difference myself. If teams draft QBs early, whether they are elite or not, players at other positions will drop. Whether or not the top players in the draft ar QBs doesn't actually affect how good the players are who play at other positions. I suppose if three QBs are drafted in the top eight (Bridgewater and Bortles from Kiper's list, and Manziel-one of the most hyped QBs ever) then at least 3 of Kiper's top 10 list will still be on the board. That could either give Buffalo their choice among the three, or make the #9 spot more attractive for a trade down scenario.

I will assume Clowney, Barr, and Matthews are going to be drafted in the top 8. I suspect Watkins may be as well. That leaves one more will be gone that I can't identify. I really don't think it will be Jernigan. I also don't think Buffalo will be that interested in Jernigan, who strikes me as being a lot like Kyle Williams in terms of his value to a team. If Buffalo does not trade down, I could see them having interest in Mack, (for the versatility that supplements his pure pass rushing ability) Ebron - as the best pure pass catching tight end, and Robinson - who could be a dominant right tackle; and might draft one of tthe two out of that group that are likely still available.

Of course, Kiper's top ten list is likely to change at least 3 or 4 times befor May, and other pundits probably have different top ten lists.

bleve
01-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak, and MN are all potential teams who could draft q QB before us.

We're not taking a QB. Hopefully we'll have a pretty good selection of a position of need at 9.

Mahdi
01-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Hou, Jax, Cle, Oak, and MN are all potential teams who could draft q QB before us.

We're not taking a QB. Hopefully we'll have a pretty good selection of a position of need at 9.

I'm almost 100% sure all 5 of those teams will draft QBs. Oak is the best chance to NOT take one but probably will. Manziel, Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater and Boyd all gone before we pick.

Meaning, we would get the #4 overall best non-QB on the board. Clowney will be gone, Mathews will be gone, Robinson or Watkins will be gone. Leaves us with a ton of top talents to pick from.

swiper
01-09-2014, 11:53 AM
I love how people are "sure" of how the draft will fall in January.

Mahdi
01-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Obviously nothing is sure...

Im basing my opinion on history. QBs go early, OTs go early. And with so many teams with huge need at QB its just logic. Also one QB who is considered bottom round 1 top round 2 always goes too early every year. Boyd is that guy this year.

The Jokeman
01-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Bridgewater, Bortles & Manziel will go high because they are QB's... regardless of overall rankings.

Hoping the Bills can trade down again, like last year. Need help at multiple positions ( OG,TE,WR,DT,MLB,S )

Manziel is short by NFL standards and has some character concerns. A team that takes him in the top 10 is taking a major risk. Most would be foolish to take if it ask me, granted they may reach on Carr instead or Manziel still meaning 3 QBs are gone if so they I think other definite top 10 guys are Clownley, Matthews and Mack. The rest is hard to say but Barr seems like he could be one of them as http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/1/7/5284070/nfl-mock-draft-2014-roundup-bridgewater?utm_source=sbnation&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom talks about guys who appear on average in the top 20 and I've bolded I'd want the Bills to take if available:

Teddy Bridgewater - 1.33
Blake Bortles - 3.16
Jadeveon Clowney - 3.16
Jake Matthews - 4.33
Johnny Manziel - 5.33
Sammy Watkins - 7.16
Khalil Mack - 7.66
Derek Carr - 9 *
Anthony Barr - 9.5
Greg Robinson - 10.8 *
Darqueze Dennard - 11 *
C.J. Mosley - 12
Mike Evans - 14.5
Cyrus Kouandjio - 15.8
Cedric Ogbuehi - 15.8 *

* Only in five mock drafts

better days
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
This QB draft is 10X stronger than last year. 3 QBs will be taken in top 6. We will have a very good player drop to us. I like Robinson, Watkins, Mack and Evans. Wouldn't mind Benjamin or a top TE.

Well, there are MANY more potential starting QB's in this draft than last year.

And with all the QB needy teams you can bet that some of them will be drafted high.

But there is no sure fire franchise QB in this draft. Bridgewater is the closest thing to that.

Bridgewater & maybe one or two others may prove to be franchise QB's but that remains to be seen.

I agree the Bills should have a choice between some very good players at #9.

trapezeus
01-09-2014, 12:26 PM
i might not be sure on who the bills pick 9th, but when that guy sucks, we'll all hear how the 8th pick was the guy we REALLY wanted.

SquishDaFish
01-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Is that really Skooby?

Yes that's Skooby unfortunately

TacklingDummy
01-09-2014, 03:55 PM
i might not be sure on who the bills pick 9th, but when that guy sucks, we'll all hear how the 8th pick was the guy we REALLY wanted.

Or the next couple picks right after the Bills pick will be a star.

HAMMER
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
If Mack is there he is the pick IMO, fits a need and will really help sell tickets in Buff.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2014, 05:23 PM
If Mack is there he is the pick IMO, fits a need and will really help sell tickets in Buff.I'm not buying tickets to watch a LB play, I'm buying tickets to watch Johnny Football or EJ play. The way EJ has played has ensured I won't go to a Bills game again next year.

better days
01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm not buying tickets to watch a LB play, I'm buying tickets to watch Johnny Football or EJ play. The way EJ has played has ensured I don't go to a Bills gama again next year.

Well, what if EJ & the Bills come out smoking & win the first 4 games?

You would not want to go to game 5?

TacklingDummy
01-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Well, what if EJ & the Bills come out smoking & win the first 4 games?

You would not want to go to game 5?
Would be a step in the right direction. But no, we've seen that story played out before.

HAMMER
01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm not buying tickets to watch a LB play, I'm buying tickets to watch Johnny Football or EJ play. The way EJ has played has ensured I won't go to a Bills game again next year.

Nobody cares if your fat azz is there or not.

TacklingDummy
01-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Nobody cares if your fat azz is there or not.
Problem is there's 20,000 fat azz like me. That adds up.

SquishDaFish
01-10-2014, 05:58 PM
TD Give the rookie QB and rookie coaching staff at least 2 years jesus

TacklingDummy
01-10-2014, 06:08 PM
TD Give the rookie QB and rookie coaching staff at least 2 years jesus
They have next year to get me to buy tickets in 2015.

better days
01-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Problem is there's 20,000 fat azz like me. That adds up.

I think you are in a much larger minority than that.

If the Bills start out strong & win some games, I think you & your like will not be missed at all in the Stadium.

better days
01-10-2014, 10:58 PM
They have next year to get me to buy tickets in 2015.

Well, if the Bills get you to buy tickects in 2015, you will have two choices.

Nosebleeds on the 20 Yd line or EXPENSIVE seats.

The GOOD reasonably priced seats will have been bought by Billievers.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2014, 04:22 AM
The GOOD reasonably priced seats will have been bought by Billievers.
I don't mind paying more for the good seats at places like stubhub or ebay.
The Bills have one of the cheapest tickets in the league.
Not going to complain about the prices.
Losing is my big complaint and I'm not driving 3+ hours to see EJ and the Bills consistently lose.
Start winning consistently and my fat azz will be in the stands.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2014, 04:30 AM
I think you are in a much larger minority than that.

. there's a lot of people like me.

The Bills were 24th in the NFL for PCT of tickets sold with 90.7.

The 1st home game against NE attendance was 69,519. The last home game against Miami it was 54,305.

Winning would solve that problem.

kishoph
01-11-2014, 05:58 AM

Well this was Kiper's board from two days ago, I'd guess it's probably changed by now. For the most part, draft boards are just guessing games, especially this time of year.