X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

The fix is in: San Diego Chargers are this year's champions

I know we have a lot of theorists on this board claiming the games are fixed, so here's this. This was posted on an imageboard (I think 4Chan) on 12/23, when the Chargers still had to beat KC. And then they beat KC in part because the refs blew a call on what would have been the game-winning FG.

If the Hawks and Chargers get in, I'm running to Vegas.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The fix is in: San Diego Chargers are this year's champions

What is the Eagles 'home opener thing' a reference to?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

the last 4 or 5 superbowl winners beat the eagles in the eagles home opener. San Diego beat the Eagles in their home opener this year.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Whats dumb is this makes total sense....

nfl is a business always have to remember that

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          the last 4 or 5 superbowl winners beat the eagles in the eagles home opener. San Diego beat the Eagles in their home opener this year.
          Actually, Baltimore BEAT the Eagles in the Eagles home opener last year...it's just that the past 4 Super Bowls winners PLAYED the Eagles in the Eagles home opener. All the others beat them. While I hate to be "that guy," it's true.

2009: Saints
          2010: Packers
          2011: Giants
          2012: Ravens

Then, of course, the Chargers played the Eagles in the Eagles home opener this year. Quite the coincidence.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Interesting to say the least. What the hell I'll throw a buck on them to win it all.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post

I actually spent the last 4 football weeks in Las Vegas...left on a Saturday and came back on a Monday. I won money on football every week...went 9-1 against the spread in week 17. I'm not too confident picking them this week, though. Lots of larger spreads, and these games are ones I'd stay away from on a normal week.

Here are the spreads I'm currently looking at:

Saints +9 @ Seahawks - over/under 45.5 points
              Colts +7.5 @ Patriots - over/under 52 points
              49ers -1 @ Panthers - over/under 42 points
              Chargers +9.5 @ Broncos - over/under 55 points

What do you think? The tendency would probably to take the points in the three games and also the 49ers, but I'm sure I'll change that up...haven't made up my mind yet.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Where you watch games in Vegas ? Just got back myself after my FSU beating. Got Clemson in though.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                  I actually spent the last 4 football weeks in Las Vegas...left on a Saturday and came back on a Monday. I won money on football every week...went 9-1 against the spread in week 17. I'm not too confident picking them this week, though. Lots of larger spreads, and these games are ones I'd stay away from on a normal week.

Here are the spreads I'm currently looking at:

Saints +9 @ Seahawks - over/under 45.5 points
                  Colts +7.5 @ Patriots - over/under 52 points
                  49ers -1 @ Panthers - over/under 42 points
                  Chargers +9.5 @ Broncos - over/under 55 points

What do you think? The tendency would probably to take the points in the three games and also the 49ers, but I'm sure I'll change that up...haven't made up my mind yet.
                  Well you are clearly more successful at it then I am, but those are some damned hard choices. The only one I'm confident in taking is Pats, because I don't see Luck coming back again from a million points down on them. The 49ers and Panthers is going to be a defensive slugout and I can never predict those well. 9 points is too many to give against Drew Brees, even on the road IMO.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Strangers things have happened though I've seen this all over the internet so even if there were a fix you'd think the NFL got wind of this already.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                      Strangers things have happened though I've seen this all over the internet so even if there were a fix you'd think the NFL got wind of this already.
                      Which makes the guys rebuttal awesome if the eagles don't win. "oh, they knew i leaked it, so they had to change it up."

but i do think that stadium deals and fan support is heavily viewd by the NFL. look at the patriots. ever since they caught that large market again, the revenues have been through the roof. san diego is a large market as well. it has a team. it just needs a stadium and a little public support is more than enough to make it cheap for the NFL.

buffalo is a small town that essentially is a rounding error for the NFL. so they treat it as such.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

I don't know why people wouldn't think this was possible. Any large business fixes things in their favor to the extent that they can. People with millions of dollars do all kinds of shady things everyday...that is how the majority of them got millions of dollars in the first place.

This is one of the reasons that I say the NFL will not be around in 25 years. It is not one specific thing that will doom the league, but it will be the death of a thousand cuts. There will be a ref that takes the book deal one day...an NFL Snowden, as it were. It sometimes takes a long time for somebody to blow the whistle, but somebody will blow the whistle. They will know that they can't use the recommended channels, and they will attack from outside of the league.

It will be an absolute "shock" to everybody, and people will not want to believe that they have been duped for years, so they'll deny it and call everybody that believes it nuts. It would help if there were a skilled reporter that broke the story, like a Glen Greenwald, who understands the value of slowly releasing it to give the story staying power, and to bolster against the heavily financed counter attack by the league.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                          • Nov 2009

The gun part of when the story breaks will be the people that banged their heads against the wall thinking the Bills were going to turn it around saying that they knew it all along. Because, I feel, that when this sort of story actually breaks, there will be others that want to jump on the gravy train, and it will be exposed that teams used the media to collaborate efforts to save money by rallying support for letting players like Byrd go.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Byrd trade rumors were leaked by the team to the media, which in turn led to the "he doesn't want to be here" sentiment. It worked to a "T" with Lynch. Media scrutiny over the taking of $20 bills that led to so many to construct their opinions of Lynch were false and incomplete, but the fans welcomed a trade of a first rounder before the rookie contract was up.

Unless you just believe in the goodness of all of the people that have multiple houses at your expense...in which case, you are naive.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            I know we have a lot of theorists on this board claiming the games are fixed, so here's this. This was posted on an imageboard (I think 4Chan) on 12/23, when the Chargers still had to beat KC. And then they beat KC in part because the refs blew a call on what would have been the game-winning FG.

Wow, call me, I go with you if that happens.

I wouldn't mind San Diego winning.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
                              I don't know why people wouldn't think this was possible. Any large business fixes things in their favor to the extent that they can. People with millions of dollars do all kinds of shady things everyday...that is how the majority of them got millions of dollars in the first place.

This is one of the reasons that I say the NFL will not be around in 25 years. It is not one specific thing that will doom the league, but it will be the death of a thousand cuts. There will be a ref that takes the book deal one day...an NFL Snowden, as it were. It sometimes takes a long time for somebody to blow the whistle, but somebody will blow the whistle. They will know that they can't use the recommended channels, and they will attack from outside of the league.

It will be an absolute "shock" to everybody, and people will not want to believe that they have been duped for years, so they'll deny it and call everybody that believes it nuts. It would help if there were a skilled reporter that broke the story, like a Glen Greenwald, who understands the value of slowly releasing it to give the story staying power, and to bolster against the heavily financed counter attack by the league.
                              I really hope you are wrong. But knowing human nature when big money comes into any picture. Cheating or manipulation or at least attempts to cheat, are going to happen. Add competition and big egos of billionaires and I would be more surprised if it was to be found totally clean.

I keep waiting for the Big Bang that I think is going to happen in regards to the crazy amounts of money being made by teams and paid to players. There has to be a end to it eventually. Like the housing boom, something has to snap eventually.

Comment

Working...
                              X