PDA

View Full Version : panthers lose over 20 mil annually. ask for public funds

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 11:52 AM
http://beta.thescore.com/nhl/news/403962

the big thing to me is they built the arena on the promise of returning any profits to the tax payers. they have not turned a profit. they are now asking for more money.

trapezeus
01-10-2014, 11:57 AM
the beauty of failing big. "you can't give up on us now! You are never getting the $20MM back. if you support us a little more, we'll turn the corner....we promise," said russ brandon, king of needing more time.

coastal
01-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Who needs expansion when u can just move that franchise?

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Who needs expansion when u can just move that franchise?

thats a point i was going to make, but i dont see that happening in the near future either. the NHL will try to make it work, like they forced with PHX.

at a certain point, you have to call a spade a spade, and relocate.

Dude
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Hockey hasn't turned a profit but the arena has. Both are owned by the same company.

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
The Sabres lost money last year too, And they will lose money again this year..

Revenue 2012-13: $76 mil.
Operating loss 2012-13: $1.0 mil.
The Sabres increased non-premium seat prices by 26% and instituted a 4% price hike before the 2013-14 season, but the team is still in the bottom half of the NHL in average ticket price.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM
The Sabres lost money last year too, And they will lose money again this year..

they didnt lose over 20 million. and they arent asking for tax payers to foot the difference.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Hockey hasn't turned a profit but the arena has. Both are owned by the same company.

PHX or florida?

if a team loses money, so be it. lots of NHL teams lose money. its asking for public assistance thats the issue.

Dude
01-10-2014, 01:27 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-florida-panthers-want-70-million-in-taxpayer-money-1498613317

The owners of the Panthers, whose payroll sits around $50 million, the lowest in the NHL (http://www.capgeek.com/?charts_year=2013), claim they're hemorrhaging money. Don't believe it. The team itself doesn't draw, but the funny thing about the situation in Sunrise is that the team itself was never supposed to be the big profit. It's the arena.
The BB&T Center is run by Arena Operating Company, a division of the corporation that actually owns the Panthers. Since the arena was built with public money, AOC is forced to open its books. And audits consistently show that AOC turns a profit. Much of that comes from concerts, events, and sports other than hockey—running an arena is a true cash cow. But even when Panthers games are factored in, AOC is still in the black, to the tune of nearly $10 million a year dating back to 1998.They're not losing money.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
http://deadspin.com/the-florida-panthers-want-70-million-in-taxpayer-money-1498613317
They're not losing money.

so why are they asking for public assistance? dont you think thats shady as hell?

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
they didnt lose over 20 million. and they arent asking for tax payers to foot the difference.

Any time your business is in the red, It's bad.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Any time your business is in the red, It's bad.

usually, yes. but the sabres arent in trouble. they are in the red because they have some of the lowest ticket prices in the NHL and a capped season ticket amount. season tickets are sold out and have a waiting list. if they raised ticket prices to be average, they would make money.

but as pegula said when he bought the team, he didnt buy it to make money.

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Ticket prices went up last year..Buffalo (Bills and Sabres) have no choice but to keep the ticket prices as low as they can, The region they play in dictates that.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Ticket prices went up last year..Buffalo (Bills and Sabres) have no choice but to keep the ticket prices as low as they can, The region they play in dictates that.

if that were true, wouldnt detroit follow the same formula? detroit teams have some of the highest ticket prices in sports except the pistons, because no one gives a **** about the pistons.

jdaltroy5
01-10-2014, 02:05 PM
The NHL needs contraction, not relocation.

I say get rid of Columbus, Tampa, St. Louis, Carolina, NY Islanders, Phoenix, Nashville, and Florida.

No one will miss them.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM
NY and STL shouldnt be contracted. im anxious to see what the islanders can do when they leave that dump of an arena.

STL is a baseball town first and foremost (like detroit) but the blues are very popular there too.

jdaltroy5
01-10-2014, 02:17 PM
NY and STL shouldnt be contracted. im anxious to see what the islanders can do when they leave that dump of an arena.

STL is a baseball town first and foremost (like detroit) but the blues are very popular there too.St. Louis is one of the least valuable teams in the league and have one of the smallest revenues. Not only that, but they operate in the red as well.

Same with the Islanders.

Ax them both.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 02:19 PM
St. Louis is one of the least valuable teams in the league and have one of the smallest revenues. Not only that, but they operate in the red as well.

Same with the Islanders.

Ax them both.

yeah, but. al macinnis.

jdaltroy5
01-10-2014, 02:24 PM
yeah, but. al macinnis.
Him and Chris Pronger were a force.

I would actually have a hard time axing any team that has won a cup. I always find it kind of odd when you're looking through a list of Champions and there's the Kenora Thistles or some other weird team.

I guess that will save Tampa, Carolina, and the Islanders.

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 02:25 PM
if that were true, wouldnt detroit follow the same formula? detroit teams have some of the highest ticket prices in sports except the pistons, because no one gives a **** about the pistons.

No...They have triple the population in that region, Even with the current economic mess, Buffalo has been a depressed region for over 40 years.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 02:33 PM
No...They have triple the population in that region, Even with the current economic mess, Buffalo has been a depressed region for over 40 years.

dude, SE michigan is a depressed region too. the red wings have priced alot of fans out of games.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Him and Chris Pronger were a force.

I would actually have a hard time axing any team that has won a cup. I always find it kind of odd when you're looking through a list of Champions and there's the Kenora Thistles or some other weird team.

I guess that will save Tampa, Carolina, and the Islanders.

the story of the hurricanes is one ive told dozens of times. i learned this while i worked at the palace for the detroit pistons. the whalers were owned by karmonos. hes from detroit. the whalers were about to move to the palace. they would have been the second detroit area NHL team. at the time, in the mid 90s, the red wings could have sold out a 40,000 seat arena. the detroit area had the vipers. an IHL team. minor league. they would fill the palace of auburn hills, which seats 22,000. so detroit was about to get a second team, but illitch stepped in. so they moved to north carolina and became the hurricanes.

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 02:45 PM
St. Louis is one of the least valuable teams in the league and have one of the smallest revenues. Not only that, but they operate in the red as well.

Same with the Islanders.

Ax them both.

The Bottom 10 teams in the NHL according to Forbes are..

1) Columbus- Blue Jackets .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $69m, Blue Jackets actually made a profit of $4.9m

2) Tampa Bay- Lightning .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $72m, Operating Loss of $5.4m

3) St Louis - Blues .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $72m, Operating Loss of $2.5m

4) Carolina - Hurricanes .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $71m, Operating Loss of $3.4m

5) New York - Islanders .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $61m, Operating Loss of $1.2m

6) Phoenix - Coyotes .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $67m, Operating Loss of $8.9m

7) Nashville - Predators .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $71m, Operating Loss of $800k

8) Florida - Panthers .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $69m, Operating Loss of $7.7m

9) Buffalo - Sabres .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $76m, Operating Loss of $1.0m

10) Anaheim - Ducks.... Revenue 2012-2013 - $73m, Operating Loss of $3.9m

- - - Updated - - -

dude, SE michigan is a depressed region too. the red wings have priced alot of fans out of games.

But they still sell out...The average fan can't afford a Rangers ticket, Yet they still sell out.

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 02:51 PM

1) Columbus- Blue Jackets .... Revenue 2012-2013 - $69m, Blue Jackets actually made a profit of $4.9m

- - - Updated - - -

But they still sell out...The average fan can't afford a Rangers ticket, Yet they still sell out.

the red wings technically do sell out. but, mainly because of corporate season tickets. red wings games usually have alot of empty seats. that includes the playoffs.

i remember during the 07 playoffs being able to buy conference finals tickets the day of the games if i wanted. (i worked at ticketmaster at the time)

by the way, the sabres are in top 10 attendance this year.

Dude
01-10-2014, 02:53 PM
so why are they asking for public assistance? dont you think thats shady as hell?Absolutely. That's the enraging part of the whole thing. They're trying to claim that they're losing money when, in fact, they are not.

jdaltroy5
01-10-2014, 02:53 PM

- - - Updated - - -

But they still sell out...The average fan can't afford a Rangers ticket, Yet they still sell out.And?

I said they were one of the least valuable, which they are.

They are worth 185 mil which is 3rd lowest in the league.

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 03:03 PM
the red wings technically do sell out. but, mainly because of corporate season tickets. red wings games usually have alot of empty seats. that includes the playoffs.

i remember during the 07 playoffs being able to buy conference finals tickets the day of the games if i wanted. (i worked at ticketmaster at the time)

by the way, the sabres are in top 10 attendance this year.

And who's number 1??

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 03:04 PM
And who's number 1??

detroit, because of the winter classic.

Downinfloflo
01-10-2014, 03:06 PM
detroit, because of the winter classic.

LOL......

JATMtheJATM
01-10-2014, 03:21 PM
LOL......

they wouldnt be number 1 without the winter classic.

Skooby
01-11-2014, 12:31 AM
The Sabres have a Billionaire owner, why would he ever ask for public funds & how is FL's issues related to the Sabres?

clumping platelets
01-11-2014, 01:11 AM
Move them to Quebec

Dude
01-11-2014, 08:49 AM
The Sabres have a Billionaire owner, why would he ever ask for public funds & how is FL's issues related to the Sabres?
Who said they were?

Downinfloflo
01-11-2014, 01:47 PM

Every owner is loaded.

JATMtheJATM
01-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Not every owner has said he has no problem losing money on a team to keep fans happy.

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Not every owner has said he has no problem losing money on a team to keep fans happy.

Saying it and doing it are two different things.

JATMtheJATM
01-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Saying it and doing it are two different things.

he is doing it. he renovated the locker room/club house to keep the team happy. he renovated parts of the arena to keep the fans happy. he spend money on free agents to keep the team and fans happy. hes building a highrise attached to the arena to keep the fans happy.

the team may be bad on the ice, but its not for lack of spending. hes lost money to keep ticket prices down. hes lost money to improve the team and city. hes done his part in that end.

hasnt worked yet with the product on the ice.

Downinfloflo
01-11-2014, 03:16 PM
he is doing it. he renovated the locker room/club house to keep the team happy. he renovated parts of the arena to keep the fans happy. he spend money on free agents to keep the team and fans happy. hes building a highrise attached to the arena to keep the fans happy.

the team may be bad on the ice, but its not for lack of spending. hes lost money to keep ticket prices down. hes lost money to improve the team and city. hes done his part in that end.

hasnt worked yet with the product on the ice.

He's keeping himself happy, Everything you mentioned helps him..The product on the ice got WORSE since he took over..He could give a rats ass about JATM..Or any other fan.

JATMtheJATM
01-11-2014, 03:19 PM
He's keeping himself happy, Everything you mentioned helps him..The product on the ice got WORSE since he took over..He could give a rats ass about JATM..Or any other fan.

*rolls eyes*

ok man.

i get it. the sabres suck, everything they do sucks.

Downinfloflo
01-11-2014, 03:23 PM
*rolls eyes*

ok man.

Thinking the owner cares about you is just strange..

SpikedLemonade
01-11-2014, 03:23 PM
*rolls eyes*

ok man.

Well, they do suck.

DetDannyWilliams
01-14-2014, 11:30 AM
and just like clockwork the NHL announces this today...What do we have to do to get a draft? The last time the Sabres hosted the draft was in 1996 when the then Marine Midland Arena opened!

Florida Panthers to host 2015 NHL Draft June 26-27

NEW YORK – The Florida Panthers (http://panthers.nhl.com/)® will host the 2015 NHL Draft™ at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla., the Florida Panthers (http://panthers.nhl.com/), Sunrise Sports & Entertainment, and the National Hockey League announced today. Next year's Draft will be held over two days, Friday, June 26 and Saturday, June 27, 2015. NHL club executives, scouts and coaches will be present on the NHL Draft floor while more than 15,000 fans and 500 print, television and radio media are expected to attend.

"On behalf of the entire Florida Panthers (http://panthers.nhl.com/) organization we are thrilled and honored to welcome the NHL Draft back to the BB&T Center and Broward County," said Panthers President & CEO Michael R. Yormark. "The 2015 NHL Draft will be a spectacular event for this community on a number of levels, bringing significant economic impact and notoriety to Broward County while also giving our fans a glimpse of the future stars of the National Hockey League. I'd like to sincerely thank our local hoteliers, local businesses and the CVB for working closely with the NHL to make this incredible event a reality."
"Greater Fort Lauderdale is honored to welcome the NHL Draft back to Broward County - the proud home of the Florida Panthers (http://panthers.nhl.com/)!," said Nicki Grossman, President of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. "The excitement of this event is made even better by the economic impact of the Draft. Nearly $10 million will be added to our economy and the world will get to see what summer is like here."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=700562&navid=nhl:topheads

sukie
01-14-2014, 01:00 PM
They totally screwed the pooch on that arena for Panther games. They did a tottally unnecessary remodel job which is so opposing team fan unfriendly. You now enter the arena into the proshop. So the first thing that happens is you have to walk through the hangers holding Panther golf polos and hoodies just to get to the main corridor.

On to p of that. They have a monster issue with parking. It is accross the street from the busiest mall in Florida... Sawgrass mills. A few years ago they upped the ticket prices and included free parking to prevent street crossers... Now 2 years ago... crappy attendence even with the built in parking fees... they decide to keep prices the same but now charge 20 to park... Now again they have the street crossers with veilled threats of towing people crossing the street.

Idiots.

JATMtheJATM
01-14-2014, 04:44 PM
They totally screwed the pooch on that arena for Panther games. They did a tottally unnecessary remodel job which is so opposing team fan unfriendly. You now enter the arena into the proshop. So the first thing that happens is you have to walk through the hangers holding Panther golf polos and hoodies just to get to the main corridor.

On to p of that. They have a monster issue with parking. It is accross the street from the busiest mall in Florida... Sawgrass mills. A few years ago they upped the ticket prices and included free parking to prevent street crossers... Now 2 years ago... crappy attendence even with the built in parking fees... they decide to keep prices the same but now charge 20 to park... Now again they have the street crossers with veilled threats of towing people crossing the street.

Idiots.

i went in 10-11. right before they changed all the seats. i know its not a big deal, but that arena is so ugly since they replaced the green seats with red. dunno why.

JATMtheJATM
04-07-2014, 02:10 PM
panthers submitting a new request for tax payer funding.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/07/florida-panthers-submit-new-proposal/

this team is going to be relocated. it is not healthy.

coastal
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
5 years and the NHL is going to steal your shot at McDavid either through rule changes or expansion.

losers.

JATMtheJATM
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
5 years and the NHL is going to steal your shot at McDavid either through rule changes or expansion.

losers.

they are going to take all the sabres draft picks and prospects away, not that it matters, they are all busts anyways.

coastal
04-07-2014, 02:31 PM
they are going to take all the sabres draft picks and prospects away, not that it matters, they are all busts anyways.
Floflo smack aside...

i can can tell you this much, I feel better about where the Sabrea are right now compared to the Leafs.

JATMtheJATM
04-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Floflo smack aside...

i can can tell you this much, I feel better about where the Sabrea are right now compared to the Leafs.

oh, the floflo smack is all for fun. i hope he knows that.

the sabres have a bright future. its just a little ways off. the leafs. look, i dont like the leafs, so seeing them collapse is kinda enjoyable. but at the same time.... i feel for their fanbase. that team doesnt have much to build with and the current team has major holes. they can do it, but they need to be smart. and they arent right now.

trapezeus
04-07-2014, 04:49 PM
isn't the new owner of the panthers a High Frequency trading guy whose firm hasn't experienced a losing day in like 4 years? he's printing money. this seems political to get the team moved. That being said, i thought he was a new york guy. and where would he rather move it?

JATMtheJATM
04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
isn't the new owner of the panthers a High Frequency trading guy whose firm hasn't experienced a losing day in like 4 years? he's printing money. this seems political to get the team moved. That being said, i thought he was a new york guy. and where would he rather move it?

either he can suck it up and lose money on the team, like many owners, or he can say, wow this isnt working, better try something new. because expecting the public to front the bill for a teams losses is not acceptable.

they already made promises that once the arena is profitable, they would give money back to the county. that county hasnt seen a dime.

Downinfloflo
04-07-2014, 07:39 PM
This is a non issue.

Tax payers always give to the wealthy, Even Mr Pegula get's tax payer money for his companies.

JATMtheJATM
04-07-2014, 08:02 PM
This is a non issue.

Tax payers always give to the wealthy, Even Mr Pegula get's tax payer money for his companies.

its very much an issue. how many other professional sports teams have tax payers giving money to teams by a tax increase?

it was already shot down once, itll bomb again. that team is in trouble.

Downinfloflo
04-09-2014, 04:22 PM
its very much an issue. how many other professional sports teams have tax payers giving money to teams by a tax increase?

it was already shot down once, itll bomb again. that team is in trouble.

It's no big deal, Every sports team get's tax payer money in some shape or form.

And if you remembered the Forbes list of NHL teams and their values, You would see that half the NHL operates at a loss, Even your Sabres are at the bottom.

And if you remembered the article I posted about the sale of the Panthers at the start of THIS year, You would remember what the comish of the NHL said about the Panthers and relocation.

But hey, You "FEEL" like their something to it.

Downinfloflo
04-09-2014, 05:00 PM
The Buffalo Sabres loose money.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/buffalo-sabres/

JATMtheJATM
04-09-2014, 09:09 PM

lots of teams lose money. not many ask for tax payers to foot the bill for team loses.

OpIv37
04-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Lots of sports teams lose money. Lots of sports teams get taxpayer help for venues.

The Panthers are the only team I know of asking the taxpayers to cover operating losses.

sukie
04-15-2014, 09:00 AM
WHen you are talking about losing money... I am pretty sure every pro team has multiple companies included in the big picture... Most when added up make money. The company that deals with operations can show a loss but that is a sliver of the total operation.

JATMtheJATM
07-18-2014, 10:28 PM
It's no big deal, Every sports team get's tax payer money in some shape or form.

And if you remembered the Forbes list of NHL teams and their values, You would see that half the NHL operates at a loss, Even your Sabres are at the bottom.

And if you remembered the article I posted about the sale of the Panthers at the start of THIS year, You would remember what the comish of the NHL said about the Panthers and relocation.

But hey, You "FEEL" like their something to it.http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/539519

You were saying?

Ingtar33
07-20-2014, 10:21 PM

detroit is like x4 the size of the market buffalo is... and has a giant base of high paid union labor in the city to draw upon. the situation isn't even remotely similar.

JATMtheJATM
07-21-2014, 01:18 AM
detroit is like x4 the size of the market buffalo is... and has a giant base of high paid union labor in the city to draw upon. the situation isn't even remotely similar.

not quite. south east michigan is quite depressed and most of those union labor jobs went elsewhere.

trapezeus
07-21-2014, 07:24 AM
just seeing this bumped up makes it obvious how we didn't see it coming. that the panthers would get the top pick.

i guess in january we should see which town is complaining the most about being profitable. that's usually where the top pick ends up that year.

The Jokeman
07-22-2014, 09:31 PM
just seeing this bumped up makes it obvious how we didn't see it coming. that the panthers would get the top pick.

i guess in january we should see which town is complaining the most about being profitable. that's usually where the top pick ends up that year.

Yep and the Devils are struggling too so it wouldn't shock me if they end up with the top pick in 2015.

SkateZilla
08-06-2014, 10:09 AM
and their #1 franchise saving pick is gonna be out for a good amount of time, he got squished something fierce.

JATMtheJATM
10-13-2014, 10:02 PM
ok, so in two home games, the panthers have combined for about 18,000 fans.

7300 tickets were sold for the game against ottawa tonight, and the crowd was likely much smaller then that.

that team is going to move.

DraftBoy
10-14-2014, 06:16 AM
ok, so in two home games, the panthers have combined for about 18,000 fans.

7300 tickets were sold for the game against ottawa tonight, and the crowd was likely much smaller then that.

that team is going to move.

Did you not see the pictures?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2230759-florida-panthers-nearly-empty-stadium-fuels-relocation-rumors

sukie
10-14-2014, 06:40 AM
Back when the Panthers played in Miami they drew great crowds... They had a bunch of lunchbucket hard working throw away guys from other teams with the marginal star power of vanbiesbrouck... and they won.

The players were all over the community signing everything and mingling with the fans.

Then the shiny new arean gets built in Broward. Well thought out... great venue with ample parking across from one of the biggest draws in the area, The Sawgrass Mills Mall which is huge. Parking was free if you crossed the street.

People still came but star power NOT winning was the attraction. Pavel Bure, Luongo, Oli Jokinen, etc.

The owners decided to give into the free parking issue buy raising ticket prices but included parking in the deal... No need to make the walk from the mall.

Dale Talon spends money on older guys... Kinda worked a little...

Team rids itself of all the stars... systematically drafts crappy.... Picks the best defenseman at #4... OOOOoooooo. And cant score. For years... Can't score.

(Best Defenseman at 4 is okay for a team that is drawing fans... Bad pick for a team with an empty house and zero interest.)

The last 3 years now with a shoddy product, no playoffs since Clinton, and no star on the team they decide... Okay 20 bucks for parking and we have "made an agreement" with Sawgrass to ticket hockey fans for parking and walking. (empty threat)

First... You need to drop coin and get a star... Preferrably one from THIS continent... Draft excitement... give something back to the fans (both of them) and start over.

Just because it is a team that plays inthe NHL doesn't give an owner the right to arrogantly think peeps are gonna flock there. The sprts radio coverage is terrible. Games are on an AM talk radio channell, I like hockey and struggle to name 3 players aside of Loungo and Campbell on this team... I used to know Steven Weiss... GONE...

It's sad. BUT on the plus side. I get tickets for the Sabres when they visit lower bowl corner row 5 for 18 bucks a peice.

The team

JATMtheJATM
10-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Back when the Panthers played in Miami they drew great crowds... They had a bunch of lunchbucket hard working throw away guys from other teams with the marginal star power of vanbiesbrouck... and they won.

The players were all over the community signing everything and mingling with the fans.

Then the shiny new arean gets built in Broward. Well thought out... great venue with ample parking across from one of the biggest draws in the area, The Sawgrass Mills Mall which is huge. Parking was free if you crossed the street.

People still came but star power NOT winning was the attraction. Pavel Bure, Luongo, Oli Jokinen, etc.

The owners decided to give into the free parking issue buy raising ticket prices but included parking in the deal... No need to make the walk from the mall.

Dale Talon spends money on older guys... Kinda worked a little...

Team rids itself of all the stars... systematically drafts crappy.... Picks the best defenseman at #4... OOOOoooooo. And cant score. For years... Can't score.

(Best Defenseman at 4 is okay for a team that is drawing fans... Bad pick for a team with an empty house and zero interest.)

The last 3 years now with a shoddy product, no playoffs since Clinton, and no star on the team they decide... Okay 20 bucks for parking and we have "made an agreement" with Sawgrass to ticket hockey fans for parking and walking. (empty threat)

First... You need to drop coin and get a star... Preferrably one from THIS continent... Draft excitement... give something back to the fans (both of them) and start over.

Just because it is a team that plays inthe NHL doesn't give an owner the right to arrogantly think peeps are gonna flock there. The sprts radio coverage is terrible. Games are on an AM talk radio channell, I like hockey and struggle to name 3 players aside of Loungo and Campbell on this team... I used to know Steven Weiss... GONE...

It's sad. BUT on the plus side. I get tickets for the Sabres when they visit lower bowl corner row 5 for 18 bucks a peice.

The team

the panthers made the playoffs in 2012.

as it stands, relocation is looking like a major possibility unless they can draw, and fast.

sukie
10-14-2014, 01:17 PM
the panthers made the playoffs in 2012.

as it stands, relocation is looking like a major possibility unless they can draw, and fast.

Oh the exit was so quick I forgot

JATMtheJATM
10-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Oh the exit was so quick I forgot

lost in game 7 to the devils. OT to boot.

sukie
10-14-2014, 01:29 PM
My bad... The Panther organization is tops!!! Don't tell me it wasn't the first round

JATMtheJATM
10-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Did you not see the pictures?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2230759-florida-panthers-nearly-empty-stadium-fuels-relocation-rumors

yeah, i did. looks like a pistons game...

(people in michigan dont care about the pistons)

sukie
10-14-2014, 01:31 PM
so they make the playoffs... thus the 20 parking fee being instituted... Now that makes sense.

JATMtheJATM
10-14-2014, 01:34 PM
My bad... The Panther organization is tops!!! Don't tell me it wasn't the first round

no, thats not my point. just correcting you is all. the point of your post remains intact.

sukie
10-14-2014, 01:35 PM
no, thats not my point. just correcting you is all. the point of your post remains intact.

I was just mocking myself... no worries at all.

Downinfloflo
10-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Looks like a Black Hawks game pre Toews and Kane..