SquishDaFish
01-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Signed extension per bills mobile app

The King
01-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Smart. Now bring someone in to compete.

trapezeus
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
odd. he seemed to struggle at the end of the season. perhaps he was being asked to kick for height vs distance. but at his minimum vet cost, it seems to me to be an expensive signing.

i love that powell got cut for a week of bad punts, but that we'll stick it out with our QB group on a fairly lack luster year.

Mahdi
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Don't understand why... his leg is weak and he shanked a bunch of punts. Rarely dropped them inside the 10.

DesertFox24
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
When reading the article it appears Crossman and Marrone like Moorman for his hang time.

I would like to see if someone has the hang time of Powells punts but it might be a change in philosophy. Shorter punts with a lot of hang time and no return.

GingerP
01-10-2014, 01:46 PM
When reading the article it appears Crossman and Marrone like Moorman for his hang time.

I would like to see if someone has the hang time of Powells punts but it might be a change in philosophy. Shorter punts with a lot of hang time and no return.

32nd in Gross, 31st in Net. That is not good.

One has to think they are going to use the draft or FA to bring in another decent punter to compete, and Moorman is the backup plan. The guy is 38, his leg isn't getting stronger.

Night Train
01-10-2014, 01:48 PM
He'll have someone challenge him in camp. The off-season is just beginning.

He's an excellent holder on kicks. Carpenter probably was asked about that.

Novacane
01-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Can't hurt signing him. He's losing it though. There better be some serious competition brought in.

stuckincincy
01-10-2014, 02:15 PM
odd. he seemed to struggle at the end of the season. perhaps he was being asked to kick for height vs distance. but at his minimum vet cost, it seems to me to be an expensive signing.

i love that powell got cut for a week of bad punts, but that we'll stick it out with our QB group on a fairly lack luster year.

Heh -Powell lasted 2 games with CIN - his 10 yard punt into the stands was the end of him there.

Uncle Jesse
01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
He's so awful, how is he still around? Get me the kid from Iowa State, he has quite the leg.

EDS
01-10-2014, 04:21 PM
After drafting kickers in consecutive drafts they are due to draft a punter.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-10-2014, 04:33 PM
So I'm to understand that there is now a full fledged punter controversy? Oh well, better spend a 1st or 2nd on a punter to fix things there. Not like we need help on the OL, at LB, on the DL, or at QB, TE, or WR. So lets go out and get ourselves a good P. That's the forward thinking that builds winners.

trapezeus
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM
not a punter controversy, but for a team so obsessed with costs, its crazy that they signed a guy who is at the tail end of his career to a vet min contract. To me its worth just bringing in two new kids and seeing how it goes and trying to get byrd signed.

but brandon knows best.

BertSquirtgum
01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Moorman is fine.

better days
01-10-2014, 05:23 PM

How about a Special teams Coach that had one of the worst units in the NFL?

Marrone has preached accountability from day one.

But if he does not fire Crossman his words ring hollow.

YardRat
01-10-2014, 07:35 PM
After drafting kickers in consecutive drafts they are due to draft a punter.

PUNTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!

RedEyE
01-11-2014, 05:30 AM
I'm happy for Moorman as for many years he might have been arguably the best player on the team for the longest time. There were several games when despite the rest of the team playing like absolute garbage, this guy would come in and give them a fighting chance by pinning the opposing team under the 5 or booming it 60 yards off our end of the field.

Its obvious now that he is a bit long in the tooth and his leg isnt the best it has been, but he deserves the chance.. Bring someone else in for competition, thats fine....but Moorman deserves at least the off season to prepare.

kishoph
01-11-2014, 05:49 AM
I appreciate the years Moorman has played for the Bills, but his time needs to come to an end. He had a terrible year and finished at the bottom in just about every punting stat last year. There was a reason both Dallas and Pittsburgh cut him and the Bills need to do the same. It's unfortunate, but the Bills need to move on. Great guy, but time has caught up.