• Jun 2005

Moorman signed...

Signed extension per bills mobile app
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Moorman signed...

Smart. Now bring someone in to compete.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

odd. he seemed to struggle at the end of the season. perhaps he was being asked to kick for height vs distance. but at his minimum vet cost, it seems to me to be an expensive signing.

i love that powell got cut for a week of bad punts, but that we'll stick it out with our QB group on a fairly lack luster year.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Don't understand why... his leg is weak and he shanked a bunch of punts. Rarely dropped them inside the 10.

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

When reading the article it appears Crossman and Marrone like Moorman for his hang time.

I would like to see if someone has the hang time of Powells punts but it might be a change in philosophy. Shorter punts with a lot of hang time and no return.

Comment

• GingerP
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
            When reading the article it appears Crossman and Marrone like Moorman for his hang time.

I would like to see if someone has the hang time of Powells punts but it might be a change in philosophy. Shorter punts with a lot of hang time and no return.
            32nd in Gross, 31st in Net. That is not good.

One has to think they are going to use the draft or FA to bring in another decent punter to compete, and Moorman is the backup plan. The guy is 38, his leg isn't getting stronger.
            Last edited by GingerP; 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He'll have someone challenge him in camp. The off-season is just beginning.

He's an excellent holder on kicks. Carpenter probably was asked about that.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Can't hurt signing him. He's losing it though. There better be some serious competition brought in.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  odd. he seemed to struggle at the end of the season. perhaps he was being asked to kick for height vs distance. but at his minimum vet cost, it seems to me to be an expensive signing.

i love that powell got cut for a week of bad punts, but that we'll stick it out with our QB group on a fairly lack luster year.
                  Heh -Powell lasted 2 games with CIN - his 10 yard punt into the stands was the end of him there.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                    • Sep 2004

He's so awful, how is he still around? Get me the kid from Iowa State, he has quite the leg.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

After drafting kickers in consecutive drafts they are due to draft a punter.

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

So I'm to understand that there is now a full fledged punter controversy? Oh well, better spend a 1st or 2nd on a punter to fix things there. Not like we need help on the OL, at LB, on the DL, or at QB, TE, or WR. So lets go out and get ourselves a good P. That's the forward thinking that builds winners.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

not a punter controversy, but for a team so obsessed with costs, its crazy that they signed a guy who is at the tail end of his career to a vet min contract. To me its worth just bringing in two new kids and seeing how it goes and trying to get byrd signed.

but brandon knows best.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Moorman is fine.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

How about a Special teams Coach that had one of the worst units in the NFL?

Marrone has preached accountability from day one.

But if he does not fire Crossman his words ring hollow.

Comment

Working...
                              X