PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Watkins is a Bills fan

ThunderGun
01-10-2014, 02:55 PM
IDK how to post a link from Twitter, but ClemsonTigerNet tweeted that Sammy's favorite team growing up was the Bills....

Gonna try to link it:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sammy says his favorite childhood team growing up was the Buffalo Bills</p>&mdash; TigerNet.com (@ClemsonTigerNet) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClemsonTigerNet/statuses/421739171347038208">January 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm normally against trading up in the draft....but I would do it for this kid. EJ can check down all day, and we can watch Watkins make plays.

stuckincincy
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I wish I had a business agent.

DynaPaul
01-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Well that would be motivation for him to be a game-breaking player from day one.

Novacane
01-10-2014, 04:08 PM
He may fall to us if there's a QB run

scartown
01-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Poor kid

Ed
01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Well that just shows poor judgement and some serious character flaws. Better put a big red flag next to his name.

better days
01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Sabres new GM Tim Murry said " I want players that want to be here."

I like that train of thought & have said the same thing myself on this board.

I am all for drafting Bills fans. Even if they are as stupid as Travis Henry.

I would take a Henry over a McGahee any day of the week.

stuckincincy
01-11-2014, 06:11 AM
I believe he majored in communication studies - e.g., "You want fries with that?" :drive:

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Poor guy has been suffering like us!!

TacklingDummy
01-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Well that would be motivation for him to be a game-breaking player from day one.

Or motivation to be a bust in New England, New Jersey, or Miami

RedEyE
01-11-2014, 08:59 AM
I like that he is a Bills fan but Watkins is a bit of the same ol'-same ol'. With the drafting of Goodwin and Woods last year taking in Watkins would seem a bit redundant. The Bills need a larger target at WR and Watkins is not that guy.

With a top heavy QB class and a thick receiving class, the Bills would do better to trade down and get a much larger WR like Kelvin Benjamin. He is believed to go late round 1, and having already mentioned the QB and WR depth, consider his short college resume, and he may even drop into the mid second. Of course a lot of that could change at the combine.

Benjamin not only has an amazing wing span and incredible size, he already has play time and some experience with Manuel. Now Im not estatic about Benjamin's lack of college experience and there are reports of his route running being lack-luster, but I don't think he fits in anywhere better than Buffalo.

Goobylal
01-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Interesting. He's 20, meaning he was 6 months old when the Bills made their last SB appearance. So he must have become a fan during the late 90's, i.e. the Flutie era.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Interesting. He's 20, meaning he was 6 months old when the Bills made their last SB appearance. So he must have become a fan during the late 90's, i.e. the Flutie era.

Had to be the Flute era.
There's nothing to be a fan of the past 14+ years.

kishoph
01-12-2014, 05:37 AM
Had to be the Flute era.
There's nothing to be a fan of the past 14+ years.

I'm just as big of a fan if not a bigger fan of the Bills than in the early 90's, real fans don't base their allegiance on wins and losses.

TacklingDummy
01-12-2014, 05:51 AM
I'm just as big of a fan if not a bigger fan of the Bills than in the early 90's, real fans don't base their allegiance on wins and losses.
If your a kid of 6 years old back in 2000 are you going to become a Bills fan on your own?

I was a big Bills fan when I wad 10, to around 30, the past 14 years have be draining.
Think its a combination of the Bills sucking and getting older.
All sports don't mean as much to me anymore.

kishoph
01-12-2014, 07:54 AM
If your a kid of 6 years old back in 2000 are you going to become a Bills fan on your own?

I was a big Bills fan when I wad 10, to around 30, the past 14 years have be draining.
Think its a combination of the Bills sucking and getting older.
All sports don't mean as much to me anymore.

I think you're right about ages making some difference to a point, I was in my 30's during the Super Bowl runs and even though being a "big fan" owning seasons and trying to make most games, there was just so much going on in my life with long work weeks and helping raise 2 Daughters, that the Bills took a back seat to a lot of things. Now being retired (disabled) and the kids moved out, plus the internet, I have so much more time to follow the Bills, just like when we were kids. There's a difference, when you fell for the team, they were winners, when I fell for the team, they were lucky to win 4 games, so winning never played into my devotion of the team. Of course winning would make it sweeter, but it's not the bottom line for how I feel about the Bills.