PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft 1.0 EARLY

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Well Im bored today and in the mood for some football.
So Im going to lay out a 7 round Mock draft for are Buffalo Bills.

Also a few FA's That I would luv to see the Bills grab........
What will the Bills do about Jarius Byrd???
Would luv to see him and Aaron Williams grow in that secondary. That would be a hell of a duo for years to come.

Biggest weakness and we all know it besides all the injuries this year.
Was lack of Big Plays and the defense against the run.

I want to see a upgrade at the LG position, RT, ILB, WR, TE, and depth all around.
Lets face it Freddy who was great this year isnt getting any younger and the Bills have to decide if the future is with CJ Spiller or not!!!

In Free Agency:
I think we need a Vet LB to come in and work with KIKO........I know you guys are going to say Im nuts but Kiko I think was the problem against the run up the gut. I luv the guy has a great motor and played great early on but late in the season I think he progressed.

Guard is obvious after we let Levitre get paid to go to Tenn...It was a revolving door at the LG spot and its time to lock someone in there next to Cordy Glenn.

Right Tackle. Big problem again this year Erik Pears really lost a step this year and hurt his way of finding his job in Buffalo next year. 1 good thing is Chris Hairston if healthy should compete for that RT spot again. I was really look forward to him this year.....

WR. This is interesting to me what the Bills will do with Stevie Johnson. I have a feeling he is not a favorite of the Bills new coaching and due a bonus in the upcoming months. I think Robert Woods is that same type player as Stevie but not the drama queen that SJ brings. I could see the Bills getting a vet WR to add to this young WR coprs and drafting a guy early as well. The more weapons the better for EJ.

Ok On with the draft:
I know we will receieve some sort of compensation for Levitre so I didnt put that in to factor..

1. Mike Evans WR Texas A@M----We need a big target on this team. The Bills were beyond putrid in the REDZONE this year and I think the Bills really missed a guy like David Nelson that had some size to him. Evans is a beast at 6"5 225 and can go up and get the ball...Very Long arms and has great hands. Nott he fastest guy but has good speed and runs great routes.
Other guys: Sammy Watkins, Eric Ebron, Taylor Lewan, Cj Mosley

2. Gabe Jackson Guard, Miss St----1 of the biggest needs in this offseason is getting a Guard. Gabe is a massive guy at 6'4 340. 2nd Team All American and just received the Kent Hull award for best OL guy in the State of Mississippi.

3. Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin---Something you dont see the Bills do alot of but picking a Big Ten guy. We need a stoot ILB that can plug the hole and and stop the run. Would be a great player to go along side Kiko. 6 foot 245 can lay the pop. Finished as the Big Ten's LB of the year.

4. Dominique Easley DT/DE Florida---Ok this is a bit of homer pick for me but if Easley doesnt get injured last year he is a 1st round talent. 1 of the most dominate interior guys in the SEC. He tore his ACL but will be ready to go for training camp. He could be a steal of the draft if healthy.

5. Marcel Jensen TE Fresno St---We need to add a TE to this class somewhere. Came from a Spread uptempo style attack at Fresno St. Has good hands and a great blocker.

6. James Wilder Jr RB FSU---I think its time to add a RB to the team. Wilder is a big back at 6"1 220 and runs North and South. I think he was under utilized at FSU this year so his playing time was hurt a bit.

7. JaWuan James OT Tenn---We need to add a tackle for development. To me the OT class is very top Heavy in 1st round then drops dratically. I see the Bills going after a guy in FA or Hairston being the RT this upcoming year.

For Free Agents:

Guard:
Wade Smith

OT:
Michael Oher

WR:
Riley Cooper
Kenny Britt
Hakeem Nicks

TE:
Would luv Jimmy Graham but dont see that happening
Jermichael Finley
Brandon Pettigrew

LB:
Brandon Spikes (would fill that run stopper we need badly)
Pat Angerer

DB:
Tarell Brown
Sam SHields

Well here you go my Im bored early Mock draft with Free Agents wish List!!!!!

Novacane
01-11-2014, 11:15 AM
If both Watkins and Evans were on the board who would you take?

Night Train
01-11-2014, 11:17 AM
We're all going to differ wildly with our need ideas but A for effort.

It's a new regime ( Whaley,Marrone ) getting their first crack without Nix around, so let's hope they can ID the needs correctly and find good players.

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 11:31 AM
If both Watkins and Evans were on the board who would you take?

Like them both...
We have speed on the team now and no size..
I think Watkins is gone before this pick anyway so its Evans..
But I would jump for either guy...
Luv Watkins as well...

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 11:34 AM
We're all going to differ wildly with our need ideas but A for effort.

It's a new regime ( Whaley,Marrone ) getting their first crack without Nix around, so let's hope they can ID the needs correctly and find good players.

Thanks
I agree with what you are saying.
When you lay out needs and wants and then rankings thats where it gets hard...
We could got so many different directions with the 1st pick.
I luv Mack, and Barr alot but they will both be gone.
I could see the Bills going tackle and Im fine with that as well...

I could see the Bills drafting Ebron, Stud TE........Why not, luv the draft talk..

stuckincincy
01-11-2014, 12:50 PM
3. Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin---Something you dont see the Bills do alot of but picking a Big Ten guy. We need a stoot ILB that can plug the hole and and stop the run. Would be a great player to go along side Kiko. 6 foot 245 can lay the pop. Finished as the Big Ten's LB of the year.

Big 10 football spews out of my tv every Saturday. :pimped:

Borland's pretty good. Nice hitter, and fit in well with Wisconsin's - shall we say...chippy - style of play.

Dunno about in the 3rd with the #9 pick. If I wanted him I think that I'd try to trade down the #9 for something lower.

CBS Sports' Rob Rang's review:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1723150/chris-borland

The Popcorn
01-11-2014, 01:07 PM
There's something that i don't like about Evans. Not sure what it is but i have a bad feeling about him. The kid from Miss St. might eat his way out of the NFL too.

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=The Popcorn;3899345]There's something that i don't like about Evans. Not sure what it is but i have a bad feeling about him. The kid from Miss St. might eat his way out of the NFL too.[/QU

OK, so I take it you luved the draft.LOL

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Big 10 football spews out of my tv every Saturday. :pimped:

Borland's pretty good. Nice hitter, and fit in well with Wisconsin's - shall we say...chippy - style of play.

Dunno about in the 3rd with the #9 pick. If I wanted him I think that I'd try to trade down the #9 for something lower.

CBS Sports' Rob Rang's review:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1723150/chris-borland

I like his style and it's what we need!!
He may go a bit higher but that's where I have him..

stuckincincy
01-11-2014, 01:58 PM
I like his style and it's what we need!!
He may go a bit higher but that's where I have him..

Fair enuf!

YardRat
01-11-2014, 02:19 PM
I could live with that, but would rather go OT early (unless we do snag an Oher in FA) and would put a FS in the first three rounds...Byrd is gone, and I'm OK with that.

Agree 100% on Kiko.

My first mock had OT Cameron Irving from Fla St at #9.

tampabay25690
01-12-2014, 05:25 AM
I could live with that, but would rather go OT early (unless we do snag an Oher in FA) and would put a FS in the first three rounds...Byrd is gone, and I'm OK with that.

Agree 100% on Kiko.

My first mock had OT Cameron Irving from Fla St at #9.

RT could be the way we go...
Very top heavy 1st round then drops huge after that.
This whole draft could change if we lose Byrd and don't sign a Tackle.
I guess we will see

clumping platelets
01-12-2014, 05:39 AM
Lewan at #9

tampabay25690
01-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Lewan at #9

I am fine with that as well...
WOuld be great to have your starting RT for many years to come.

I think the Bills go FA and sign a VET RT to take over.

But that would be a very good draft pick. :respect:

justasportsfan
01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Now that we see the Patriots' offense evolve into a running game, stopping the run has to be our biggest move this offseason defensively.

While QB is still our biggest hole offensively we need to at least give EJ more time to go through his reads since he's slow. Fix the OL FIRST and the wr's will show up.

alohabillsfan
01-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Trade down round one yes I know you need a partner but this is only pretend **** anyways...
Round (1) TE amaro Texas Tech
Round (2a) WR franklin FSU
Round (2b) G/OT Collins LSU
Round (3) QB metzenberger LSU
Round (4a) DT/DE Easley UF if he is there :)
Round (4b comp pick) LB zumwalt UCLA
Round (5) OT turner North Dakota state
Round (6) CB Davis Auburn
Round (7) S ladler Vanderbilt

Two red zone or move the chains targets , two more o-linemen and someone to push EJ ! Well I was bored

TigerJ
01-12-2014, 08:58 PM
The silence is deafening out of OBD regarding the health of Chris Hairston. Some tweets of his from late August were posted a while back on another board that sounded very discouraging (no specifics). He was on a non-football injury reserve list this season. I would like to see Buffalo go after a tackle a little earlier than the seventh round on the assumption that Hairston's problem could be career ending, and Erik Pears looked pretty bad this season.

tampabay25690
01-12-2014, 09:04 PM
The silence is deafening out of OBD regarding the health of Chris Hairston. Some tweets of his from late August were posted a while back on another board that sounded very discouraging (no specifics). He was on a non-football injury reserve list this season. I would like to see Buffalo go after a tackle a little earlier than the seventh round on the assumption that Hairston's problem could be career ending, and Erik Pears looked pretty bad this season.

That's the reason I see them picking up 1 in Free agency.
But no doubt they could go early in draft as well.

clumping platelets
01-13-2014, 01:59 AM
Call Miami and get Martin

ghz in pittsburgh
01-13-2014, 07:06 AM
I think Brandon Spikes is the ideal fit for this Bills defense at this time. He's likely available (I think NE would rather show Mayo the money), but won't be cheap. He's not a 3 down player like Kiko. So it may not be easy to determine his worth.

I like the fact that he carries an attitude, and may have a reputation being dirty. The Bills D have too many nice guys (though Gilmore may move into those in your face guy when his plays get up to standard), they need a guy or two like Spikes. I also like the fact that he's in AFCE his whole career so he knows teams in this division inside out.

But it is hard to leave perennial playoff team to a team which hasn't made the post season in 14 years. Money speaks first and loudest. For Spikes, I'm sure others are willing to give him money, too, including NE. So other factors will be in play.

Uncle Jesse
01-13-2014, 08:02 AM
I would love to be able to trade down in the 1st and then grab Jace Amaro the tight end from Texas Tech.