PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spikes put on IR

stuckincincy
01-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Pretty clever of Belichick...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/report-patriots-put-spikes-on-ir-after-he-was-late-to-practice/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311829/article/brandon-spikes-reportedly-on-ir-due-to-late-arrival

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Yea he is done in NE and will be a FA...
We need a MLB to stop the run.

stuckincincy
01-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Do we need the drama?

YardRat
01-11-2014, 02:22 PM
I think Pettine could handle him. Would be my #1 FA target.

Would love to have him lining up for Buffalo twice a year against New England with an axe to grind for motivation.

- - - Updated - - -

He and Dareus could carpool to the team meetings.

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 02:26 PM

Would love to have him lining up for Buffalo twice a year against New England with an axe to grind for motivation.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 100%
Would be a great addition to the defense

- - - Updated - - -

Do we need the drama?

What drama??

stuckincincy
01-11-2014, 02:38 PM
I thought he was a rather *****ly customer. No?

tampabay25690
01-11-2014, 02:45 PM
I thought he was a rather *****ly customer. No?

Type of player u hate playing but luv having..
He is a bit dirty but I saw him play his whole college career and luved him as a player!!
Was a leader of the Gator defense!!
I want good players

The Jokeman
01-12-2014, 01:53 PM

- - - Updated - - -

The only issue I have with Spikes or any veteran LB is it means if we sign them we'd probably pass on getting a veteran at another position because of cap dollars. I'd like to bring in a veteran TE (Pitta) and WR (James Jones) So being cap conscience I think we're wiser to target free agents that can help the offense and use our top pick to get a quality LB like Mack or Mosley. The only guy I like in the draft over either of those two is Greg Robinson as figure as a rookie he could easily replace Erik Pears and than in a few years we could shift him to LT if lose Cordy Glenn or maybe eventually shift Glenn to LG/RT.

tampabay25690
01-12-2014, 02:18 PM
The only issue I have with Spikes or any veteran LB is it means if we sign them we'd probably pass on getting a veteran at another position because of cap dollars. I'd like to bring in a veteran TE (Pitta) and WR (James Jones) So being cap conscience I think we're wiser to target free agents that can help the offense and use our top pick to get a quality LB like Mack or Mosley. The only guy I like in the draft over either of those two is Greg Robinson as figure as a rookie he could easily replace Erik Pears and than in a few years we could shift him to LT if lose Cordy Glenn or maybe eventually shift Glenn to LG/RT.

DOnt think Spikes will get huge money.......He is a 1st and 2nd down guy.

better days
01-14-2014, 02:45 AM

Spikes would help improve the Bills more than ANY TE or WR in FA or the draft.

Or any LB in the draft. With Spikes behind Kyle & Marcell NO team would run on the Bills.

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Spikes would help improve the Bills more than ANY TE or WR in FA or the draft.

Or any LB in the draft. With Spikes behind Kyle & Marcell NO team would run on the Bills.

You're missing my point. I'm trying to say that I want to improve the overall talent of the team and to me if we can improve the talent on offense in the skill positions with veterans versus rookie I think it better suit us. As I think asking a rookie to play LB and make an impact is more likely than say asking a rookie to play WR and make an impact. Sure I'd love Spikes but not for the sake of saying missing out on adding a Pitta on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully, that makes things more clear?

better days
01-14-2014, 10:12 AM
You're missing my point. I'm trying to say that I want to improve the overall talent of the team and to me if we can improve the talent on offense in the skill positions with veterans versus rookie I think it better suit us. As I think asking a rookie to play LB and make an impact is more likely than say asking a rookie to play WR and make an impact. Sure I'd love Spikes but not for the sake of saying missing out on adding a Pitta on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully, that makes things more clear?

Well, I would be happy if the Bills signed Pitta, but not at the expense of not signing Spikes.

There may be an LB in the draft that could be as good as Spikes, but I know what Spikes has to offer & I think he would make a bigger impact on the Bills than Pitta would.

GingerP
01-14-2014, 10:58 AM
The Ravens aren't going to let Pitta reach free agency. If they can't work out a contract, they will franchise him. Ozzie Newsome has already said that signing Pitta is his highest priority, and has stated they may need to use the franchise tag on him.

Eventually, Pitta is going to get big money, probably in the neighborhood of 5 Years/$40M.

GvilleBills
01-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Type of player u hate playing but luv having..
He is a bit dirty but I saw him play his whole college career and luved him as a player!!
Was a leader of the Gator defense!!
I want good players
watched every snap of his career, couldn't have said it any better.

tampabay25690
01-15-2014, 07:45 PM
watched every snap of his career, couldn't have said it any better.

He's a Gator gotta luv it!