PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch Trade then and now...

bdutton
01-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Marshawn is tearing it up in Seattle today.

Just wanted to remind people what we got in the trade:

Lynch was touted as expendable thanks to the quality we had with Fred Jackson and the newly added CJ Spiller. It was touted by many as a big win for for the Bills... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1265264-buffalo-bills-marshawn-lynch-trade-is-paying-off-for-bills-in-a-major-way

Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch Trade Is Paying off for Bills in a Major Way

With the departure of Lynch, Spiller and Jackson have been able to develop. Spiller gained more reps as a rookie in 2010 and was ready to explode when given the opportunity. Jackson started the remaining 13 games after Lynch left and finished with 927 yards on the ground.
The picks acquired from Seattle (http://bleacherreport.com/seattle-seahawks) were a fourth-rounder in 2011 and a fifth-rounder in 2012. With those picks, Buffalo added tackle Chris Hairston and linebacker Tank Carder.
Hairston started seven of his 13 games as a rookie and has a chance to start in 2012. (http://www.rantsports.com/buffalo-bills/2012/07/06/chris-hairston-could-get-shot-at-starting-offensive-line-spot/) Even if he doesn't start, he has time to continue developing and eventually be a bigger factor.
Carder is entering training camp as an early sleeper and has a chance to compete for minutes. He should get into the rotation early on and grow as a player to earn a bigger role.
So while these two players aren't exactly tearing up the NFL, they provide value and upside to Buffalo. Both players have a chance to be big factors this upcoming season.

2011: Chris Hairston, Round 4b Overall Pick 122
2012: Tank Carder 5th round, 147th overall

Cardner was placed on the practice squad and later picked up by Cleveland and has played sparingly picking up a whopping 12 tackles.

Hairston played two seasons with the Bills playing in 25 games and starting 15 and was placed on IR (non-football injury) in August of 2013.

Marshawn has blossomed in Seattle rushing for 1200+ yards and double digit TD's in each full season with the Seahawks.

Only CJ Spiller managed to rush for more than 1000 yards in one season and combined with Jackson, totaled 30 TD's since the trade while Marshawn has had 41 rushing TD's.

****.:curse:

Goobylal
01-11-2014, 04:52 PM
He was an immature thug who was one strike away from a year-long suspension. Apparently he grew-up professionally after being traded, but the DUI he got soon after will earn him a nice long vacation.

Oaf
01-11-2014, 05:29 PM
He got better after he left Buffalo.

gr8slayer
01-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Hated it when it happened, still hate it. One of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.

Night Train
01-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Let's review his time with the Bills.

Hit and run ( a pedestrian no less ) on Allen St. - arrested
Weed bust in Oakland in the hood inside his SUV during off-season - arrested
Multiple run-ins with the local law for bringing his own rum in bars and ordering just coke ( too poor ? Idiot.. )
NFL suspension

Good talent but a 10 cent brain while here. Glad he got it together in Seattle but that's called a 2nd chance after acting like a complete moron off the field here.

BuffaloWingEater
01-11-2014, 06:19 PM

Multiple run-ins with the local law for bringing his own rum in bars and ordering just coke ( too poor ? Idiot.. )
NFL suspension

Good talent but a 10 cent brain while here. Glad he got it together in Seattle but that's called a 2nd chance after acting like a complete moron off the field here.

I understand what you are saying. However, Seattle being a serious franchise and a playoff team makes you grow up very quick. The Bills are a joke, and thats why the drafted thug continued to be an immature thug.

pmoon6
01-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Seattle -339 YPG Offense...32 Rushing Att for 137 Yds

Buffalo -338 YPG Offense...34 Rushing Att for 144 Yds.

pmoon6
01-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Hated it when it happened, still hate it. One of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.To say that's in the top five dumbest moves in Bills history means you started watching them in 1992.

The King
01-11-2014, 06:46 PM
How quickly we forget that Lynch quit on the Bills. He ran with no heart, his ability to break tackles was null. He wanted out and he quit on us to get out.

pmoon6
01-11-2014, 06:54 PM
How quickly we forget that Lynch quit on the Bills. He ran with no heart, his ability to break tackles was null. He wanted out and he quit on us to get out.It's also interesting that Lynch got popped for DUI in July and the trial is postponed until after the Super Bowl. If convicted, Mr. Lynch could be suspended which is one of the reasons the Bills traded him in the first place.

pmoon6
01-11-2014, 07:01 PM
I understand what you are saying. However, Seattle being a serious franchise and a playoff team makes you grow up very quick. The Bills are a joke, and thats why the drafted thug continued to be an immature thug.The only jokes are so called Bills Fans.

In between pissing and moaning, they demonstrate an IQ of a drawer full of pencils.

feldspar
01-11-2014, 07:03 PM
It's also interesting that Lynch got popped for DUI in July and the trial is postponed until after the Super Bowl. If convicted, Mr. Lynch could be suspended which is one of the reasons the Bills traded him in the first place.

Pull the buffalo dong out of your hole, though.

Trading Lynch was stupid. Do you disagree? If so, why?

If suspended, Lynch will miss less time than any other current RB on the Bills roster. Blowing a .08 is what about anybody would do on the way home from the bar, I venture to submit. Do you forget Bruce Smith's mishaps in that area?

SquishDaFish
01-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Seattle -339 YPG Offense...32 Rushing Att for 137 Yds

Buffalo -338 YPG Offense...34 Rushing Att for 144 Yds.

Dont throw stats out there to prove a point *sarcasm off*

YardRat
01-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Lynch shouldn't even be playing right now. Two breathalyzers, .08 and .10...should have been tried, convicted and suspended for the full season. Which is what most were afraid of happening.

pmoon6
01-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Pull the buffalo dong out of your hole, though.

Trading Lynch was stupid. Do you disagree? If so, why?

If suspended, Lynch will miss less time than any other current RB on the Bills roster. Blowing a .08 is what about anybody would do on the way home from the bar, I venture to submit. Do you forget Bruce Smith's mishaps in that area?As soon as you pull Marshawn's dick out of your mouth.

pmoon6
01-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Lynch shouldn't even be playing right now. Two breathalyzers, .08 and .10...should have been tried, convicted and suspended for the full season. Which is what most were afraid of happening.Yes Yard, that's why I said it was interesting. Do you think you or I could have gotten an 8 month postponement on a DUI charge?

YardRat
01-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Hell no.

BuffaloWingEater
01-11-2014, 09:29 PM
The only jokes are so called Bills Fans.

In between pissing and moaning, they demonstrate an IQ of a drawer full of pencils.

If Bills fans are a joke for still "billieving" in this franchise then you are right. However my beloved team may be one of the top 5 worst franchises in the history of the NFL

Mace
01-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Marshawn Lynch wasn't going to succeed here like he has there, for whatever reasons. Doesn't bother me much, personally.

Running backs come easy. Seattle, as much as I despise Pete Carroll, sort of has a formidable team to use a Lynch. Buffalo, could not stop anyone, and he ran into the line over and over and over until we were behind again. if you remember his efforts, he was here physically but elsewhere already mentally anyway. Ran into the line alot. Beast Mode wasn't there.

It's not that we traded Lynch, it's that we never built a team after we did.

pmoon6
01-12-2014, 06:35 AM
If Bills fans are a joke for still "billieving" in this franchise then you are right. However my beloved team may be one of the top 5 worst franchises in the history of the NFLNo, you're jokes for crying endlessly about things you can't control. The mere suggestion that Lynch's off field antics were somehow the fault of the organization is ridiculous on it's face. It just feeds into your hate of the organization that has failed to give you what you want and like children, you stamp your feet and through a tantrum any chance you get.

Boo ****ing hoo.

Typ0
01-12-2014, 07:14 AM
This whole mess happened because Chan was a good old boy stuck in the past. He recognized Spiller was a special back ... but that doesn't mean squat any more. Lynch is special in his own way too ... except he ran down a pedestrian here in Buffalo that never would have settled well with anyone.

justasportsfan
01-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Lynch had talent but inherited the coaches philosophy of "playing not to lose". We didn't get much for him because the coach made Lynch's stock go down by way of his crappy philosophy.

Dick Jauron = ball control.
Pete Carroll = attack

feldspar
01-12-2014, 08:18 AM
As soon as you pull Marshawn's dick out of your mouth.

Good one. Excellent comeback, and very well played.

You know, its perfectly possible to be a "real" Bills fan and also talk about things they did wrong, especially since the things they did wrong FAR outweigh the things they did right. Not really much else to talk about lately (as in the past 14 years or more) except mistakes and crappy product...not in the long run when you look at the bottom line. Is it whining to claim that firing Bill Polian was a mistake, for example?

If you want to buy **** and smile about it, that doesn't make you a "real fan." That makes you a sucker.

It's OK to admit that the Bills have been a poorly managed bad team for a long time...mediocre at best. It's just true and undeniable. Are they finally "headed in the right direction?" I can't say.

And Lynch was not as bad of a player in Buffalo some people like to pretend he was to make themselves feel better about trading him for peanuts. He was only here for 3 full seasons, and he made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his 2nd year in Buffalo. Made the Pro Bowl with the likes of Trent Edwards at QB, who didn't exactly stretch the field behind an o-line that was not the best let's just say. Lynch was drafted the same week he turned 21 too, a very young guy.

Yeah, he got into a little trouble here, and then the short-sighted fans overreacted to it. Also, I think Chan Gailey wanted a scat-type back for his offense, and that played into the idiotic trade. Now Lynch is a four-time Pro Bowler and an All Pro. Did you see what he did for Seattle in last night's game against the Saints? How they wouldn't have won a playoff game last year without him?

Lynch was always a hard runner with LOTS of talent...yeah, even when he was in Buffalo. The trade was idiotic. I thought so at the time, and I always WILL think that.

I agree that Bills fans can be whiny *****es who stamp their feet when they don't get what they want...not much different from ANY fanbase, but I think not as bad here. Anyway, they've earned that right after sticking with the team through 14 years of major suckage...lots more for the old-timers. But they DESERVE bad **** sometimes, like when they want to run one of their best players out of town on a rail when there is a bump in the road.

Oldbillsfan
01-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Worst trade ever. Just like the Bucs giving Blount to the Pats.

JoeMama
01-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Marshawn is tearing it up in Seattle today.

Just wanted to remind people what we got in the trade:

Lynch was touted as expendable thanks to the quality we had with Fred Jackson and the newly added CJ Spiller. It was touted by many as a big win for for the Bills... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1265264-buffalo-bills-marshawn-lynch-trade-is-paying-off-for-bills-in-a-major-way

2011: Chris Hairston, Round 4b Overall Pick 122
2012: Tank Carder 5th round, 147th overall

Cardner was placed on the practice squad and later picked up by Cleveland and has played sparingly picking up a whopping 12 tackles.

Hairston played two seasons with the Bills playing in 25 games and starting 15 and was placed on IR (non-football injury) in August of 2013.

Marshawn has blossomed in Seattle rushing for 1200+ yards and double digit TD's in each full season with the Seahawks.

Only CJ Spiller managed to rush for more than 1000 yards in one season and combined with Jackson, totaled 30 TD's since the trade while Marshawn has had 41 rushing TD's.

****.:curse:

Lynch was a deadbeat hoodrat when he was here.

He wanted to do hoodrat stuff with his friends, not play football.

We had no way to salvage this. Seattle just got lucky.

SquishDaFish
01-12-2014, 08:50 AM
Before you declare that trade horrible go look at the rushing stats this year between Buf and Lynch. Our team rushing is just fine. Hes a thug and about to be suspended after SB more likely. He was 1 strike away and quit on Buffalo. I liked him but good riddance

feldspar
01-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Before you declare that trade horrible go look at the rushing stats this year between Buf and Lynch. Our team rushing is just fine. Hes a thug and about to be suspended after SB more likely. He was 1 strike away and quit on Buffalo. I liked him but good riddance

He didn't quit on Buffalo...Buffalo quit on HIM. He played two full seasons as the starter in Buffalo, more or less, and he made the Pro Bowl one of the those years.

Please explain to me how Lynch is a thug. Define thug.

JoeMama
01-12-2014, 09:23 AM
He didn't quit on Buffalo...Buffalo quit on HIM. He played two full seasons as the starter in Buffalo, more or less, and he made the Pro Bowl one of the those years.

Please explain to me how Lynch is a thug. Define thug.

I will!

Getting ****faced and running over a pedestrian.

Getting on your twitter feed and smoking cigarettes with your hoodrat friends two days til gameday.

Playing lazy football your final season in Buffalo. Dude barely tried and his numbers were wretched.

The guy is straight hoodrat and unworthy of our time.

SpikedLemonade
01-12-2014, 09:48 AM
If Bills fans are a joke for still "billieving" in this franchise then you are right. However my beloved team may be one of the top 5 worst franchises in the history of the NFL

Those 4 years probably keep us out of the 5 worst.

kscdogbillsfan1221
01-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Look people.. The Bills have made a lot of idiotic decisions over the last 50 years, and especially over the last 14 so I understand many of you who believe that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
However!..... the DECISION to trade him was NOT an idiotic one for his well publicized off the field incidents in addition to the fact that the Bills have had very good production from that position since he has left. It would be one thing if we had been struggling to run the ball since he was traded, but none of you can honestly say that with a straight face.

Where you can (and I often do argue) is where they f'ed up is that they knew they were gonna trade him, yet drafted Spiller, screwing up their leverage to trade him. Had they traded him before the draft in 2010, they may have gotten more for him, IMO. But quit hating on the Bills just for the sake of hating on them. When they deserve it, go ahead, but in this instance the correct decision was made. The timing was a little off, but overall it WAS the right decision.

EDS
01-12-2014, 01:10 PM
I have no doubts that Seattle remains thrilled with the trade.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Look people.. The Bills have made a lot of idiotic decisions over the last 50 years, and especially over the last 14 so I understand many of you who believe that they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
However!..... the DECISION to trade him was NOT an idiotic one for his well publicized off the field incidents in addition to the fact that the Bills have had very good production from that position since he has left. It would be one thing if we had been struggling to run the ball since he was traded, but none of you can honestly say that with a straight face.

Where you can (and I often do argue) is where they f'ed up is that they knew they were gonna trade him, yet drafted Spiller, screwing up their leverage to trade him. Had they traded him before the draft in 2010, they may have gotten more for him, IMO. But quit hating on the Bills just for the sake of hating on them. When they deserve it, go ahead, but in this instance the correct decision was made. The timing was a little off, but overall it WAS the right decision.

Well yeah, if you trade a guy and spend a top 10 pick at his position, you'd hope to still get good production. That doesn't change the fact that we got completely screwed on the trade and neither of the picks panned out. It also doesn't help that halfback is the most easily replaceable position outside of special teams and we passed on multiple players who have turned into studs to get Spiller.

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2014, 02:32 PM
These arguments are ****ing priceless. Haha. People bought it then, and they double down now.

God bless the Buffalo Bills.

Bill Cody
01-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Hated it when it happened, still hate it. One of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.
Like most of the Bills draft picks he was a poor choice. Know why we only got a lousy 4th round pick for Beast Bum? Because that's all we were offered for a trouble making thug who quit on his team. What he's done with Seattle is irrevelant. He wanted out here and I'm glad he's gone.

gr8slayer
01-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Funny, a lot of players want out of here, but fools like you continue to drink the Kool Aid.
Like most of the Bills draft picks he was a poor choice. Know why we only got a lousy 4th round pick for Beast Bum? Because that's all we were offered for a trouble making thug who quit on his team. What he's done with Seattle is irrevelant. He wanted out here and I'm glad he's gone.

Albany,n.y.
01-12-2014, 03:57 PM
How quickly we forget that Lynch quit on the Bills. He ran with no heart, his ability to break tackles was null. He wanted out and he quit on us to get out.
That was only after Buddy & Chan came in and drafted Spiller. Drafting Spiller was practically like Chan & Buddy passing by his locker, spitting on the floor, and telling Lynch we don't want you here anymore. The worst part was Lynch responded to their lack of interest in him with a lack of interest in them & further devalued his trade value. A smart GM would have traded Lynch before the draft, before he drafted the guy who helped devalue a former #1 pick with his current #1 pick. Then again Buddy did tell everyone he wasn't the smartest person in the room & confirmed it by moves like drafting Spiller with Lynch & Jackson on the roster when he should have been looking at OL or DL in 2010, then letting QBs fly by left & right in subsequent drafts while he sat around dumb, fat & happy with Fitzpatrick. Nix was a failure as GM and none of his defenders will ever convince me he wasn't.

Bill Cody
01-12-2014, 04:00 PM
These arguments are ****ing priceless. Haha. People bought it then, and they double down now.

God bless the Buffalo Bills.

No one has to "buy" anything. His off the field track record here is what it is. The Patriots will not be resigning Brandon Spikes this offseason. They decided enough was enough. And he's been a choir boy there compared to Lynch here. Bills fans are so desperate for a winner that literally anything goes. If Aaron Hernandez were released from jail tomorrow there'd be a "sign Hernandez" thread.

Bill Cody
01-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Funny, a lot of players want out of here, but fools like you continue to drink the Kool Aid.
Lol

Don't Panic
01-12-2014, 04:41 PM
He was an immature thug who was one strike away from a year-long suspension. Apparently he grew-up professionally after being traded, but the DUI he got soon after will earn him a nice long vacation.

yeah... I don't regret that trade one bit. The bottom line is that he was a gamble and while I wish we would've gotten more in return, I totally understand what the bills were thinking.

pmoon6
01-12-2014, 04:50 PM
HEY....Donte Whitner had an interception in today's game!!!!! What were the Bills thinking letting him go??????????

pmoon6
01-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Good one. Excellent comeback, and very well played.

You know, its perfectly possible to be a "real" Bills fan and also talk about things they did wrong, especially since the things they did wrong FAR outweigh the things they did right. Not really much else to talk about lately (as in the past 14 years or more) except mistakes and crappy product...not in the long run when you look at the bottom line. Is it whining to claim that firing Bill Polian was a mistake, for example?

If you want to buy **** and smile about it, that doesn't make you a "real fan." That makes you a sucker.

It's OK to admit that the Bills have been a poorly managed bad team for a long time...mediocre at best. It's just true and undeniable. Are they finally "headed in the right direction?" I can't say.

And Lynch was not as bad of a player in Buffalo some people like to pretend he was to make themselves feel better about trading him for peanuts. He was only here for 3 full seasons, and he made the Pro Bowl in 2008, his 2nd year in Buffalo. Made the Pro Bowl with the likes of Trent Edwards at QB, who didn't exactly stretch the field behind an o-line that was not the best let's just say. Lynch was drafted the same week he turned 21 too, a very young guy.

Yeah, he got into a little trouble here, and then the short-sighted fans overreacted to it. Also, I think Chan Gailey wanted a scat-type back for his offense, and that played into the idiotic trade. Now Lynch is a four-time Pro Bowler and an All Pro. Did you see what he did for Seattle in last night's game against the Saints? How they wouldn't have won a playoff game last year without him?

Lynch was always a hard runner with LOTS of talent...yeah, even when he was in Buffalo. The trade was idiotic. I thought so at the time, and I always WILL think that.

I agree that Bills fans can be whiny *****es who stamp their feet when they don't get what they want...not much different from ANY fanbase, but I think not as bad here. Anyway, they've earned that right after sticking with the team through 14 years of major suckage...lots more for the old-timers. But they DESERVE bad **** sometimes, like when they want to run one of their best players out of town on a rail when there is a bump in the road.Well, I haven't bought any Bills merchandise since 2004. I haven't been to a game since then either and that was a freebee in Denver. The only thing I buy is the Ticket, but that is just as much for other games as it is for the Bills. So much for the "sucker" theory.

Look, I watched my first Bills game in 1963, have seen and know most of their history. Way more bad than good. However, I came to the conclusion in '95 or so that I can do nothing except enjoy the games as entertainment and support the team in my heart. Blasting the ineptitude of the Bills may make some feel good and smart, but it makes them look like wankers. If it wasn't so constant and predictable, I wouldn't say a word.

JoeMama
01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Well, I haven't bought any Bills merchandise since 2004. I haven't been to a game since then either and that was a freebee in Denver. The only thing I buy is the Ticket, but that is just as much for other games as it is for the Bills. So much for the "sucker" theory.

Look, I watched my first Bills game in 1963, have seen and know most of their history. Way more bad than good. However, I came to the conclusion in '95 or so that I can do nothing except enjoy the games as entertainment and support the team in my heart. Blasting the ineptitude of the Bills may make some feel good and smart, but it makes them look like wankers. If it wasn't so constant and predictable, I wouldn't say a word.

Lucky. Most people were busy looking at the president die that year.

I'm an 80s boy. The comeback game was my muse.

Goobylal
01-12-2014, 07:50 PM
And fools like you continue to watch and post on message boards. Who is the bigger fool?

okaydo
01-12-2014, 10:49 PM

NFL suspension

Marshawn wasn't arrested for the hit and run.

feldspar
01-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Well, I haven't bought any Bills merchandise since 2004. I haven't been to a game since then either and that was a freebee in Denver. The only thing I buy is the Ticket, but that is just as much for other games as it is for the Bills. So much for the "sucker" theory.

The "sucker theory" still stands.

I don't care if you buy tickets, merchandise, or whatever the ****. You seem to buy into the fact that the Bills should be beyond reproach in the end or something, and that fans shouldn't complain or something...I don't know what it is exactly, but you seem to have a ridiculous hard-line stance about that. Guess what? Other people HAVE been spending their hard-earned money on this crappy team, and they've earned the right to complain about said crappy team, even as part of their lifestyle because the Bills constantly suck. What exactly do you expect them to do? I mean seriously.

You are a sucker if you care and DON'T complain. Money has nothing to do with it.

I've been watching the Bills since the mid-seventies. Congratulations on enjoying the game as entertainment and support the team with your heart. That's the goal, and I do that as well.

But you clearly have an agenda on these boards. You seem to want to "put people in line" for complaining, even when they are just telling the truth. Are the Bills inept? Have they been for quite some time? If so, then people are not "wankers" for simply pointing out the truth. Everything is not fine in Bills-land. If you want to whine endlessly about people voicing legitimate complaints, then you are the bigger wanker. Again, congratulations. Good job patrolling fans' attitudes about a bad team.

Why do you think that the way people blast the Bills' ineptitude is "consistent and predictable?" Could it be that they actually have a point? Could they actually be right?

How does it make YOU feel to constantly jump on those people's asses? Good and smart? Superior? What?

The Bills suck, dude. Say it with me. It won't mean you don't love those asswipes.

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 04:14 AM
HaHaHa. Yeah, but it's too bad the Anti-Fans start complaining before a single preseason snap is taken or a player plays one year for the team.

I have no agenda here other than to have fun. I love hacking on the douchebags that look at an old car and see it as a piece of junk rather than something that could be turned into a restored gem.

stuckincincy
01-13-2014, 05:08 AM
HaHaHa. Yeah, but it's too bad the Anti-Fans start complaining before a single preseason snap is taken or a player plays one year for the team.

I have no agenda here other than to have fun. I love hacking on the douchebags that look at an old car and see it as a piece of junk rather than something that could be turned into a restored gem.

Old cars. here's a great site - The Old Car Manual Project:

http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/

For ease of navigation, click on brochures, then NAFTA. That's for US cars.

Bon apetit!

ThunderGun
01-13-2014, 08:33 AM
I will!

Getting ****faced and running over a pedestrian.

Good thing he has never "run over" any pedestrian.

You can't possibly be talking about the woman who he hit with his side-view mirror, can you? You wouldn't stretch that far to prove your ****ty point, right?

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Lucky. Most people were busy looking at the president die that year.

I'm an 80s boy. The comeback game was my muse.Just like everyone else in the country, I spent the requisite week in mourning. I only cried once. It was when John John saluted his Father and I couldn't help think what it would be like if my own died.

ThunderGun
01-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Playing lazy football your final season in Buffalo. Dude barely tried and his numbers were wretched.

ThugMode's final season in Buffalo:

4 games, 37 carries, 164 yards, 4.4 YPC

Our other RB's during those 4 games:

Spiller - 14 carries, 49 yards, 3.5 YPC
Fred - 20 carries, 87 yards, 4.35 YPC

You're right, what a piece of **** he was

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 08:40 AM

You can't possibly be talking about the woman who he hit with his side-view mirror, can you? You wouldn't stretch that far to prove your ****ty point, right?The point is, Lynch accrued enough debits that he got a 4 game suspension. It became apparent that, despite his assets, the Bills would have still be in the red should they have kept him.

It's also interesting that despite any off field transgressions, if a player produces on the field, a lot of people don't care. This idea leads these athletes to think they can do anything they want and it will be forgiven as long as they run for a hundred yards a game.

Says something about the football fan and American culture, in general.

Historian
01-13-2014, 09:05 AM
I came to the conclusion in '95 or so that I can do nothing except enjoy the games as entertainment and support the team in my heart.

I agree wholeheartedly.

And now that my son is getting into it, I may actually buy seats again.

I think people put too much emotional stock in this football team...like who you root for becomes your identity.

I think as fans we need to set that aside and accept it for what it is: entertainment.

Win or lose.

trapezeus
01-13-2014, 09:15 AM
i do think ML got better as QB play improved significantly around him. it made him more of a threat. in his time in buffalo he didn't have anyone helping open up running lanes. and the bills were never patient enough to let him run until he started wearing teams down. then one coach reprimanded him for being too patient and not attacking the hole.

this shows again, how improved QB play can help RB's significantly.

justasportsfan
01-13-2014, 09:29 AM
i do think ML got better as QB play improved significantly around him. it made him more of a threat. in his time in buffalo he didn't have anyone helping open up running lanes. and the bills were never patient enough to let him run until he started wearing teams down. then one coach reprimanded him for being too patient and not attacking the hole.

this shows again, how improved QB play can help RB's significantly.

It was more about the coaches. Even with Tavaris Jackson at qb Lynch still had over 1200 yards and 12 tds.

Dick Jauron our offensive philosophy was "ball control /rush for the 1st down/keep the game close". Under Caroll it's "go for TD's. Keep scoring"

Mike
01-13-2014, 10:25 AM
It's also interesting that Lynch got popped for DUI in July and the trial is postponed until after the Super Bowl. If convicted, Mr. Lynch could be suspended which is one of the reasons the Bills traded him in the first place.

Congrats! The Bills give him away for a 4th & 5th rounder due to his troubled way of life and potential for a suspension. So, in essence they bet on the probability of Lynch getting arrested and missing time and his missing contribution vs probability of 4th & 5th expected contribution: winner: Seattle
Loser: buffalo

Even if Lynch Never plays another down in football he has outperformed both 4th & 5th round picks that were traded for him. Indirectly, if the Bills were wise, he also could have saved them a 1st rounder since Spiller wasn't a need pick!

Mike
01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
I agree wholeheartedly.

And now that my son is getting into it, I may actually buy seats again.

I think people put too much emotional stock in this football team...like who you root for becomes your identity.

I think as fans we need to set that aside and accept it for what it is: entertainment.

Win or lose.

I agree and applaud. In the end football is nothing more than entertainment.

What's interesting to me is people's willingness use excuses for their team. For entertainments sake, fans turn their brains off and drink the coolaid. If these people do it for football, will they do it for religion, or country or for some other fundamental cause?

Ed
01-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Fans can be mad about the trade all they want, but the reality is that Lynch would have left as a free agent the moment he got the chance, so he wouldn't be a Buffalo Bill today either way.

Lynch shouldn't have been drafted in the first place. Revis always should have been the pick.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Easier said than done without the 20/20 vision now.

Bill Cody
01-13-2014, 11:59 AM

You can't possibly be talking about the woman who he hit with his side-view mirror, can you? You wouldn't stretch that far to prove your ****ty point, right?

This post is a serious douch bag. According to the DA, the woman suffered a bruised hip and a cut requiring 7 stitches. Beast Bum hit her and ran, that's simply a fact. Does she need to be in intensive care for this not to be a problem for you?

Bill Cody
01-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Congrats! The Bills give him away for a 4th & 5th rounder due to his troubled way of life and potential for a suspension. So, in essence they bet on the probability of Lynch getting arrested and missing time and his missing contribution vs probability of 4th & 5th expected contribution: winner: Seattle
Loser: buffalo

Even if Lynch Never plays another down in football he has outperformed both 4th & 5th round picks that were traded for him. Indirectly, if the Bills were wise, he also could have saved them a 1st rounder since Spiller wasn't a need pick!

Seattle gambled and won. Good for them. But we weren't gambling. We had a malcontent that had to go and we got what we could for him. The fact that it wasn't a lot was not the Bills fault. That's all Beast Bum was worth to 31 other teams.

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 12:05 PM
I agree and applaud. In the end football is nothing more than entertainment.

What's interesting to me is people's willingness use excuses for their team. For entertainments sake, fans turn their brains off and drink the coolaid. If these people do it for football, will they do it for religion, or country or for some other fundamental cause?You miss the fact that one of the purposes of entertainment is a small respite from everyday life which actually means turning ones brain "off" and just enjoying the show.

As far as the other part of the part, maybe you should visit the Spin Zone for answers to those questions.

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 12:07 PM
This post is a serious douch bag. According to the DA, the woman suffered a bruised hip and a cut requiring 7 stitches. Beast Bum hit her and ran, that's simply a fact. Does she need to be in intensive care for this not to be a problem for you?For half the braindead morons, it doesn't even count if she died. They would have probably took up a collection to pay Beasties lawyers fees if they thought it would get us to the Super Bowl.

Bill Cody
01-13-2014, 12:08 PM
You miss the fact that one of the purposes of entertainment is a small respite from everyday life which actually means turning ones brain "off" and just enjoying the show.

As far as the other part of the part, maybe you should visit the Spin Zone for answers to those questions.

When he says "using their brains" what he means is "I agree with whatever spew Mike posts".

jimmifli
01-13-2014, 12:26 PM
I still like the trade. We got rid of a problem that was getting worse.

My preference would have been for Marshawn to become the running back we knew he could be, and to do it in Buffalo. I really just don't think that was an option. We made the best of a bad situation.

k-oneputt
01-13-2014, 02:38 PM
Youth. Sometimes you have to wait it out.
So does that mean Dareus is next to go ?
If so, it will be another stupid Bills Move.

BillsFever21
01-13-2014, 05:27 PM
After drafting Spiller we didn't have a choice but to trade Lynch. I didn't have a problem with the trade at that point. I had a problem with the lack of compensation they got for him along with spending another high 1st round draft pick on another RB yet again.

They were fleeced yet again with that level of compensation. Then to make matters worse we use a 1st round pick on another RB when we had Jackson on the roster. They didn't even realize that Jackson could be the lead back at the time and mainly has(outside of time missed with injury) since Spiller was drafted. They have basically split carries with Jackson carrying more of the load. We could've grabbed a RB in the later rounds to serve that purpose. Just another blunder by the Bills front office. Chalk it up with the rest of them.

feldspar
01-13-2014, 08:30 PM

Alright, I can see that. That type of thing bothers me too.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-14-2014, 12:30 PM
Ironically Lynch is exactly the type of RB Marrone would love. Though Freddy won't get much of a chance had Lynch been here.

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 03:55 PM
After drafting Spiller we didn't have a choice but to trade Lynch. I didn't have a problem with the trade at that point. I had a problem with the lack of compensation they got for him along with spending another high 1st round draft pick on another RB yet again.

They were fleeced yet again with that level of compensation. Then to make matters worse we use a 1st round pick on another RB when we had Jackson on the roster. They didn't even realize that Jackson could be the lead back at the time and mainly has(outside of time missed with injury) since Spiller was drafted. They have basically split carries with Jackson carrying more of the load. We could've grabbed a RB in the later rounds to serve that purpose. Just another blunder by the Bills front office. Chalk it up with the rest of them.
and drafting Spiller was the dumbest decision to make. As the minute you take him the minute Lynch has a reason to want to leave. Instead of finding a reason for Lynch to leave we should have found a reason to keep him around. In a thread just before the draft, I debated on whom we should draft, I admit I was hard pressed on getting an OT but I really looked at things for us both short term and long term and I surmised the best choice was Dez Bryant. I stand by that sentiment as seems pretty justified.

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Did we name him Beast Mode???

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 08:13 PM

Nope it was all Lynch, from the NFL rookie class video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t-iel089cEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe

Bill Cody
01-15-2014, 09:39 AM

No, he was named after his mom who he's practically twins with. Her name is Beast Marge.
http://evilbloggerlady.blogspot.com/2013/09/marshawn-lynch-made-his-mom-proud.html