X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bdutton
    • Jul 2013

Marshawn Lynch Trade then and now...

Marshawn is tearing it up in Seattle today.

Just wanted to remind people what we got in the trade:

Lynch was touted as expendable thanks to the quality we had with Fred Jackson and the newly added CJ Spiller. It was touted by many as a big win for for the Bills... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-a-major-way
    Buffalo Bills: Marshawn Lynch Trade Is Paying off for Bills in a Major Way

With the departure of Lynch, Spiller and Jackson have been able to develop. Spiller gained more reps as a rookie in 2010 and was ready to explode when given the opportunity. Jackson started the remaining 13 games after Lynch left and finished with 927 yards on the ground.
    The picks acquired from Seattle were a fourth-rounder in 2011 and a fifth-rounder in 2012. With those picks, Buffalo added tackle Chris Hairston and linebacker Tank Carder.
    Hairston started seven of his 13 games as a rookie and has a chance to start in 2012. Even if he doesn't start, he has time to continue developing and eventually be a bigger factor.
    Carder is entering training camp as an early sleeper and has a chance to compete for minutes. He should get into the rotation early on and grow as a player to earn a bigger role.
    So while these two players aren't exactly tearing up the NFL, they provide value and upside to Buffalo. Both players have a chance to be big factors this upcoming season.

2011: Chris Hairston, Round 4b Overall Pick 122
    2012: Tank Carder 5th round, 147th overall

Cardner was placed on the practice squad and later picked up by Cleveland and has played sparingly picking up a whopping 12 tackles.

Hairston played two seasons with the Bills playing in 25 games and starting 15 and was placed on IR (non-football injury) in August of 2013.

Marshawn has blossomed in Seattle rushing for 1200+ yards and double digit TD's in each full season with the Seahawks.

Only CJ Spiller managed to rush for more than 1000 yards in one season and combined with Jackson, totaled 30 TD's since the trade while Marshawn has had 41 rushing TD's.

• Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Marshawn Lynch Trade then and now...

He was an immature thug who was one strike away from a year-long suspension. Apparently he grew-up professionally after being traded, but the DUI he got soon after will earn him a nice long vacation.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

He got better after he left Buffalo.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Hated it when it happened, still hate it. One of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Let's review his time with the Bills.

Hit and run ( a pedestrian no less ) on Allen St. - arrested
          Weed bust in Oakland in the hood inside his SUV during off-season - arrested
          Multiple run-ins with the local law for bringing his own rum in bars and ordering just coke ( too poor ? Idiot.. )
          NFL suspension

Good talent but a 10 cent brain while here. Glad he got it together in Seattle but that's called a 2nd chance after acting like a complete moron off the field here.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Let's review his time with the Bills.

Hit and run ( a pedestrian no less ) on Allen St. - arrested
            Weed bust in Oakland in the hood inside his SUV during off-season - arrested
            Multiple run-ins with the local law for bringing his own rum in bars and ordering just coke ( too poor ? Idiot.. )
            NFL suspension

Good talent but a 10 cent brain while here. Glad he got it together in Seattle but that's called a 2nd chance after acting like a complete moron off the field here.
            I understand what you are saying. However, Seattle being a serious franchise and a playoff team makes you grow up very quick. The Bills are a joke, and thats why the drafted thug continued to be an immature thug.

Comment

• pmoon6
              Legendary Zoner
              • Dec 2002

Seattle -339 YPG Offense...32 Rushing Att for 137 Yds

Buffalo -338 YPG Offense...34 Rushing Att for 144 Yds.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                Hated it when it happened, still hate it. One of the five dumbest moves in Bills history.
                To say that's in the top five dumbest moves in Bills history means you started watching them in 1992.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

How quickly we forget that Lynch quit on the Bills. He ran with no heart, his ability to break tackles was null. He wanted out and he quit on us to get out.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    How quickly we forget that Lynch quit on the Bills. He ran with no heart, his ability to break tackles was null. He wanted out and he quit on us to get out.
                    It's also interesting that Lynch got popped for DUI in July and the trial is postponed until after the Super Bowl. If convicted, Mr. Lynch could be suspended which is one of the reasons the Bills traded him in the first place.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloWingEater View Post
                      I understand what you are saying. However, Seattle being a serious franchise and a playoff team makes you grow up very quick. The Bills are a joke, and thats why the drafted thug continued to be an immature thug.
                      The only jokes are so called Bills Fans.

In between pissing and moaning, they demonstrate an IQ of a drawer full of pencils.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        It's also interesting that Lynch got popped for DUI in July and the trial is postponed until after the Super Bowl. If convicted, Mr. Lynch could be suspended which is one of the reasons the Bills traded him in the first place.
                        Pull the buffalo dong out of your hole, though.

Trading Lynch was stupid. Do you disagree? If so, why?

If suspended, Lynch will miss less time than any other current RB on the Bills roster. Blowing a .08 is what about anybody would do on the way home from the bar, I venture to submit. Do you forget Bruce Smith's mishaps in that area?
                        Last edited by feldspar; 01-11-2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          Seattle -339 YPG Offense...32 Rushing Att for 137 Yds

Buffalo -338 YPG Offense...34 Rushing Att for 144 Yds.
                          Dont throw stats out there to prove a point *sarcasm off*

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Lynch shouldn't even be playing right now. Two breathalyzers, .08 and .10...should have been tried, convicted and suspended for the full season. Which is what most were afraid of happening.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                              Pull the buffalo dong out of your hole, though.

Trading Lynch was stupid. Do you disagree? If so, why?

If suspended, Lynch will miss less time than any other current RB on the Bills roster. Blowing a .08 is what about anybody would do on the way home from the bar, I venture to submit. Do you forget Bruce Smith's mishaps in that area?
                              As soon as you pull Marshawn's dick out of your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X