2003 Team Record: What will satisfy you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

2003 Team Record: What will satisfy you?

Last seasona t about this time, we discussed the record we could live with. All though there were a few 12-4s and even a 14-2, we all agreed that 8-8 would be a good season.

What record will make you the happiest this year?

I'm going with a bold 10-6, playing in the conference final. This is one of the better Buffalo Bills teams we have seen in long long time.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

After 3 years of missing the playoffs, and no playoff wins since 1995, anything less than a playoff win and I'll be pissed.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

i wont be unhappy if we win a playoff game

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I'd be happy with 10-6, ecstatic with 12-4. We need to make the playoffs and post at least one win. We still may be a year away from a deeper playoff run.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryven
          • Jan 2003

I will be happy with 11-5.

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

Whatever it takes to get into the playoffs. The AFCE is the toughesst division and I don't think any of it's teams will do better than 10-6. I'd say 9-7 and a wild card spot is what I would like to see.
            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• TypicalBill
              • Sep 2002

ill go with 10-6
              For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                • Jul 2002

I'll go with 10-6 too. With a playoff win too.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

Happiest!?!

16-0

Actually, I'll be happy if we play up to our potential and our best football. If we get beat by a better team I can live w/ it.

If we give up 4 games due to bumbling errors, turnovers, completely lame game-planning and strategizing, I'm gonna be PO'd!

As I see it, we should be able to be 4-2 in our division: 2-0 v. the Pats who are overblown and have no decent O. 1-1 in splits w/ the Jets and Fins. After that, we should easily be able to take Jax, Cincy, Houston, Cleveland, Giants, Skins, Dallas, and Indy so if we go 6-2 there, and then 0-2 v. Philly, Titans, we'd still be 10-6.

So 10-6 is my O/U for how good this team really is.

I "expect" 11-5 or 12-4 given our level of player talent. I'm just not sure if Gilbride is capable of getting us to 12-4.
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    Happiest!?!

16-0

Actually, I'll be happy if we play up to our potential and our best football. If we get beat by a better team I can live w/ it.

If we give up 4 games due to bumbling errors, turnovers, completely lame game-planning and strategizing, I'm gonna be PO'd!

As I see it, we should be able to be 4-2 in our division: 2-0 v. the Pats who are overblown and have no decent O. 1-1 in splits w/ the Jets and Fins. After that, we should easily be able to take Jax, Cincy, Houston, Cleveland, Giants, Skins, Dallas, and Indy so if we go 6-2 there, and then 0-2 v. Philly, Titans, we'd still be 10-6.

I "expect" 11-5 or 12-4 given our level of player talent. I'm just not sure if Gilbride is capable of getting us to 12-4.
                    WoW, for a guy who doesn't really like Drew, this is very rosie, are you sick WYs You included in your wins Giants, Skins, Indy, and Cleveland. Those games will be tough if those team stay on their current paths..Check ou the Skins team again..I know you live here, really check out what they've done..They even have me a little worried. The Giants aren't jokes, Indy knows all our teams well and have upgraded on D, plus it's year 2 in the D guru's D. Cleveland is an intriguging team..I don't know, You could end up.
                    8-8 again or 9-6. For the same reasons u guys used to beat us this year, you shouldn't bypass the Pats so easily, afterall they beat you twice last year. Bottom line I want to you to finish along with the rest of the AFCE, behind Miami.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                      Happiest!?!

16-0

Agreed. 10-6 is the teeter. I could live with 9-7 and wild card but I don't think 9-7 works in the AFC this season. 10-6 but I'm optimistic...so I'm expecting 11-5. Gilbride scares me though, as Wys mentioned, and 11-5 or 12-4 will be tough. The talent on Defense is there as is the talent on offense, all else being equal without injury. If they stick to the plan and run power football I think Bledsoe looks like a superstar in much fewer attempts. PLAY ACTION!!! He has his faults but the guy throws one of the best balls in the game when given time. Problems occur when KG asks him to throw 40 times. He starts to force the ball, his arm gets tired...etc... I'll take 20-25 passes per game and 200-250 yards every time if it means W's. I think it also improves efficiency and confidence in the OL, in Bledsoe and in the RB's.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

11-5.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

11-5 is what I'm thinking...but I'd be satisfied with 10-6 if we still got into the playoffs
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

11-5

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I think the threshhold for success for the Bills this year is making the playoffs and winning the first game in the playoffs. Whether it takes 9-7 or 12-4 isn't that big a deal to me this year. I think the AFCE is a pretty tough division, but I look at the roster additions and it's hard for me to figure that this team isn't at least a couple wins better than last year.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X