The Buffalo Bills "twin team" The Seattle Seahawks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

The Buffalo Bills "twin team" The Seattle Seahawks.

They have the 12th Man like we do and they have a former Bills RB Marshawn Lynch. Their fan base is as rabid as ours and when I watch them play, they remind me of the 90's Bills (bring those good old days back, please!) only they have a stronger defense, minus the K-Gun, but a very good QB in Russell Wilson. Are they comparable? Discuss!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: The Buffalo Bills "twin team" The Seattle Seahawks.

Our owner is so unique there is no comparable.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
      • Aug 2013

Jesus I'm so sick of hearing about how loud and amazing Seattle fans are. I'm pretty sure their stadium was specifically designed to amplify crowd noise. There is absolutely no way in hell a bunch of granola eating yuppies from Seattle of all places would be more rabid and loud than a bunch of drunks from Buffalo/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Philly/Boston.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
        They have the 12th Man like we do and they have a former Bills RB Marshawn Lynch. Their fan base is as rabid as ours and when I watch them play, they remind me of the 90's Bills (bring those good old days back, please!) only they have a stronger defense, minus the K-Gun, but a very good QB in Russell Wilson. Are they comparable? Discuss!
        The Seahawks have what's considered an elite defense right now as they seem to do very well at stopping opposing offenses at will. This is the type of defense I want the Bills to have in 2014 and calling for us to re-sign Byrd, hopefully draft an above average LB (like Mack or Mosley) and find a veteran nickel/dime CB (Kelvin Hayden's an UFA I'd target).

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
          Jesus I'm so sick of hearing about how loud and amazing Seattle fans are. I'm pretty sure their stadium was specifically designed to amplify crowd noise. There is absolutely no way in hell a bunch of granola eating yuppies from Seattle of all places would be more rabid and loud than a bunch of drunks from Buffalo/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Philly/Boston.
          They did.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            The Seahawks have what's considered an elite defense right now as they seem to do very well at stopping opposing offenses at will. This is the type of defense I want the Bills to have in 2014 and calling for us to re-sign Byrd, hopefully draft an above average LB (like Mack or Mosley) and find a veteran nickel/dime CB (Kelvin Hayden's an UFA I'd target).
            It helps when you are able to find elite players from nowhere. Browner came from the CFL, Sherman in the 5th, Chancellor in the 5th, etc

Of course, it could be the Adderall too

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

This Seahawk team couldn't be further on the other end of the spectrum compared to those Bills' teams...they are more like the NY Giants of that era.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Following the Niners formula for defense wouldn't be a bad idea. We already have the DB's and D-line, we just need a couple more linebackers.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                  Following the Niners formula for defense wouldn't be a bad idea. We already have the DB's and D-line, we just need a couple more linebackers.
                  The 49ers also took a lot of work on their O-line with guys like Staley, Iputi and Davis were all 1st Round picks.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    It helps when you are able to find elite players from nowhere. Browner came from the CFL, Sherman in the 5th, Chancellor in the 5th, etc

Of course, it could be the Adderall too
                    That might be the only similarity between Seattle and the SB era Bills.

Hull and Bentley from the USFL;
                    McKellar and Ballard in the late rounds..
                    Andre Reed in the 4th

that's not to mention players who played huge roles who were mid-late round/waiver wires picks;

Carlton Bailey
                    Jamie Mueller
                    Leon Seals
                    Jeff Wright
                    Mark Kelso

That was over a 4 year period.

Polian was the architect of the Super Bowl era, but John Butler was an incredible chief engineer.

The modern era hangs it hat on Peters..who was 10 years ago (and long gone), Fred Jackson was 8 years ago and Stevie Johnson was 6 years ago..

It isn't luck..it is an eye for talent.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

Andre Reed in the 4th

that's not to mention players who played huge roles who were mid-late round/waiver wires picks;

Carlton Bailey
                      Jamie Mueller
                      Leon Seals
                      Jeff Wright
                      Mark Kelso

Polian was the architect of the Super Bowl era, but John Butler was an incredible chief engineer.

The modern era hangs it hat on Peters..who was 10 years ago (and long gone), Fred Jackson was 8 years ago and Stevie Johnson was 6 years ago..

I didn't say it was luck, and Seattle's eye for talent is really a triumph of analytics IMO. They found undervalued guys all over the place. Browner and Sherman were too big. Wilson was too small. Lynch had too many red flags. Interestingly considering their rep as an old school grinder football team, they are really on the cutting edge in a lot of ways.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                        The 49ers also took a lot of work on their O-line with guys like Staley, Iputi and Davis were all 1st Round picks.
                        Oh the Bills are smarter than other NFL teams and they can get any fat slobs to play on the OL.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                          Escaped Convict
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                          This might be my favorite post of the year.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
                            They remind me nothing of the 90s Bills.

Great team but totally ground and pound. Very boring.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

Andre Reed in the 4th

Carlton Bailey
                              Jamie Mueller
                              Leon Seals
                              Jeff Wright
                              Mark Kelso

I think Butler and Polian definitely had eye for talent but the below players sucked in my opinion.

Carlton Bailey - Decent but wasn't anything special
                              Jamie Mueller - I don't remember him doing anything of importance
                              Leon Seals - Dr. Sack never had any sacks
                              Jeff Wright - Undersized and constantly blown off the ball. Good in Tecmo Super Bowl
                              Mark Kelso - One of the worst players in history of team. Beneficiary of Ints when QBs where throwing balls away and couldn't believe he was so far back. On a side note I like him as a color man on WGR.

Why not talk about the players that mattered?

Kelly
                              Bruce
                              Thurman
                              Bennett in that trade
                              Lofton trade
                              Odomes
                              Leanord Smith Trade
                              Talley
                              Wolford
                              Ritcher
                              Beebe

Comment