PDA

View Full Version : Potential FREE AGENTS LIST!!

Downinfloflo
01-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Looking over this years potential Free Agent Class, I must say it's pretty slim picking's out there.

I think Thomas Vanek is the #1 guy on that list..Most of the FA's worth a crap will be in their mid 30's.

http://capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=-1&fa_type_id=2

JATMtheJATM
01-12-2014, 02:10 PM
a guy i would like buffalo to target is david legwand. nothing spectacular, but works hard and can mentor some of the young kids while contributing. i doubt the sabres can land him, but a boy can dream.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2014, 05:10 PM
David Bolland would be nice too.

JATMtheJATM
01-12-2014, 05:37 PM
i always thought it would be funny to resign vanek and get those picks.

lee stempniak would another middle of the road guy who could help for a few years.

the sabres just need a few vets who wont be major losses in a few years when they go elsewhere. no need to go after high profile UFAs yet. that comes later in the rebuild, IMO. when players like armia, girgs, grigo (maybe) risto, zad, pysyk, ect are all beginning to become established players.

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Hopefully Murray will dump Leino and/or Stafford and if so then I'd welcome Devin Setoguchi as doubt he'd break the bank but think he'd better than any RW we currently.

mightysimi
01-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Hopefully Murray will dump Leino and/or Stafford and if so then I'd welcome Devin Setoguchi as doubt he'd break the bank but think he'd better than any RW we currently.

As a Jets fan, he isn't what he used to be. He plays soft and doesn't do anything with the puck. He was a product of playing with one of the best set up men in the last 20 years in Joe Thornton. He is going the same way as Jonathan Cheechoo. You are right he will be cheap though.

SkateZilla
01-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Taylor Pyatt, ROFLMAO.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2014, 12:51 PM
I would take him over John Scott.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2014, 12:52 PM

They can't dump both and perhaps not either with the cap floor, especially if Miller, Ott and Moulson (or 2 of them) are gone.

Downinfloflo
01-15-2014, 01:48 PM
If the Sabres don't use their buy outs this off season they will lose them.

JATMtheJATM
01-15-2014, 01:57 PM
If the Sabres don't use their buy outs this off season they will lose them.

the rumor is they will buy out leino.

Downinfloflo
01-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Use em this off season or lose them.

JATMtheJATM
01-15-2014, 02:13 PM
i assume they use one and lose one. but leino will be overseas next year.

SkateZilla
01-15-2014, 03:49 PM
they have more than 1,

Buyout Leino, like they should have, and Stafford,

Send them both packing, and bring in some decent prospects/younger established NHL Talent.

I dont know what they ever saw in Leino, or Stafford for that Matter to warrant those Contracts.

The Jokeman
01-18-2014, 10:51 AM
they have more than 1,

Buyout Leino, like they should have, and Stafford,

Send them both packing, and bring in some decent prospects/younger established NHL Talent.

I dont know what they ever saw in Leino, or Stafford for that Matter to warrant those Contracts.

In terms of Stafford, he was coming off a 30 goal season playing 61 games. I can't fault management too much for him. Leino was a mistake and I said the minute we signed him, I was campaigning at the time to instead bring in Tomas Fleischmann at the time.