PDA

View Full Version : NE @ Denver , San Fran @ Seattle

Night Train
01-12-2014, 06:48 PM
The 4 best teams. Can't wait.

Go Denver !

DraftBoy
01-12-2014, 06:49 PM
So basically exactly what a lot of people predicted in the preseason?

That's kinda cool.

Next weekend should be awesome!!

Night Train
01-12-2014, 07:02 PM
So basically exactly what a lot of people predicted in the preseason?

That's kinda cool.

Next weekend should be awesome!!

No hype needed.. they sell themselves.

Brady vs. Manning one more time ( maybe the last ). This time, Manning has an actual D.

Kaepernick vs. the Seattle D and that loud home crowd.

YardRat
01-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Hopefully they are great games, I just wish there was somebody left I could really latch on to and root for.

SpikedLemonade
01-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Yup. Two excellent games.

The point spreads for both games should be small.

TacklingDummy
01-12-2014, 07:28 PM
I don't care who wins as long as it's not San Fran. I can't stand Harbaugh.

GingerP
01-12-2014, 07:43 PM
The point spreads for both games should be small.

Opened up with NE +6.5 at Den, SF +3 at Sea.

imbondz
01-12-2014, 08:03 PM
for me best case scenario: Seahawks and Broncos in SB. Worst case: SF vs. Pats. my 2 least favorite teams

YardRat
01-12-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm screwed. Don't like Harbaugh, strongly dislike Carroll, **** New England. If Denver wins it all, I'll have to listen to it for an entire year from a couple of co-workers and associates.

TacklingDummy
01-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Pete Carroll the coach I wanted the Bills to go after.
Yep I took a lot of heat for that.
The egg is not on my face yet again.
You people should learn.
Go with the Dummy, he'll lead you down the right path.

BuffaloRedleg
01-13-2014, 12:37 AM
for me best case scenario: Seahawks and Broncos in SB. Worst case: SF vs. Pats. my 2 least favorite teams

My God if it's San Fran vs NE I will be so fricken pissed.

feldspar
01-13-2014, 01:07 AM
for me best case scenario: Seahawks and Broncos in SB.

I concur.

I also think that these are the best two teams in the NFL in their respective conferences, oddly enough. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, but I think this time it has/will.

Also, the Seahawks and Broncos are obviously both favored to win these games and are playing at home.

Rooting against the Patriots in the playoffs kind of takes the place of rooting for the Bills to me, since the Bills are never in the playoffs.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2014, 02:19 AM
Better hope that either NE or Den wins the Superbowl, don't want to shatter that myth that you need a pocket passer to win!

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 04:24 AM
If Seattle wins the Super Bowl it will be because of their defense. Same with San Fran. I love how because of yesterday some are starting to pimp Denver's D. They played a predictable offense yesterday. NE might be another story.

Who do I want to win? The NFC. I hate both AFC teams, but it would be enjoyable to have NE make it and get beat again in the SB.

DraftBoy
01-13-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm rooting for Seattle, while I can't stand Carroll, I do love what Russell Wilson has done since coming into the league and that D is just insane.

Night Train
01-13-2014, 06:58 AM
ABTP

Anyone But The Patriots (well...Miami & Dallas also but they aren't in it. :up:)

Historian
01-13-2014, 08:17 AM
The Super Bowl is the NFC Championship, IMO.

I don't really care who wins, other than NE.

The King
01-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Last time NE beat Denver Del Rio was coaching. Fox will have a much better grasp on the game plan.

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Last time NE beat Denver Del Rio was coaching. Fox will have a much better grasp on the game plan.Hmmm. Wasn't it Denver's defense that blew a big lead. Del Rio is defensive coordinator. Do you really think just because Jon Fox is there it will be different? Basically, Manning is his own offensive coordinator. The coaches put together a general game plan, but the offense is run off of what Peyton sees.

The King
01-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Hmmm. Wasn't it Denver's defense that blew a big lead. Del Rio is defensive coordinator. Do you really think just because Jon Fox is there it will be different? Basically, Manning is his own offensive coordinator. The coaches put together a general game plan, but the offense is run off of what Peyton sees.
I think the mere presence of Jack Del Rio is enough to lose a game.

I remember reading a quote going into that game. Someone asked Del Rio if he was going to try and coach like Fox, he said that was too confusing, to try and step into Fox's shoes.

I remember saying, fine than coach like anyone other than Jack Del Rio because we know what results that brings.

pmoon6
01-13-2014, 08:47 AM
I think the mere presence of Jack Del Rio is enough to lose a game.

I remember reading a quote going into that game. Someone asked Del Rio if he was going to try and coach like Fox, he said that was too confusing, to try and step into Fox's shoes.

I remember saying, fine than coach like anyone other than Jack Del Rio because we know what results that brings.I think the biggest factor in that game was that it was played in Foxboro.

Bunion
01-13-2014, 08:59 AM

Generalissimus Gibby
01-13-2014, 04:18 PM

but the Pentagram is reserved for evil pieces of **** like Satan and Brady. My apologies to Satan for comparing him with someone as abominable and loathesome as Tom Brady. Oh ****, hell is full of lawyers and as such I'm probably going to be sued for this entire post.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2014, 04:28 PM

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9730546/page/2/bill-simmons-offers-praise-rush-makes-week-4-picks

A few readers have been pushing the concept of Evil Manning — that four neck surgeries, two Super Bowls for his brother, and last January's devastating loss to Baltimore pushed him over the edge, flipped him beyond Eff You Mode and made him "evil." As the theory goes, now he's gunning for a 666 season — 600 points, 6,000 yards and 60 touchdowns. And what's funny is MULTIPLE readers, independently of one another, suggested this theory using Evil Manning Face (his 2013 head shot for televised games) as their final piece of evidence. A Boulder reader named Mark Westhoff even went so far as to find an Evil Manning Face picture and send it to me.
Anyone notice how PFM's tv headshot this year looks a little... malevolent? Haha pic.twitter.com/4D5rW8HXAw (http://t.co/4D5rW8HXAw)

— Mark Westhoff (@westhoff0407) September 23, 2013 (https://twitter.com/westhoff0407/statuses/382163304707129344)

I like it … EVIL MANNING FACE! Peyton Manning has gone to the dark side!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU23gC4CcAAz7fA.jpg

I can see it.

Ed
01-13-2014, 04:32 PM
I'd like to see Denver vs. Seattle. I would really enjoy watching NE lose another SB though, and I wouldn't mind seeing SF lose back to back SB's. I'm just hoping it's not NE vs. SF.

Weather for the game here in Denver should be good. Forecast right now is sunny, 56, and not much wind. Sounds like ideal conditions for Manning to light up the Pats D.

GingerP
01-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Last time NE beat Denver Del Rio was coaching. Fox will have a much better grasp on the game plan.

Only problem is Fox is 1-6 against the Pats as a HC. Of course that is better than Del Rio, who is 0-8 against NE as a HC and DC. Brady has owned Del Rio's defenses.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2014, 08:02 PM

Denver also had Von Miller.

Honestly I don't think Denver has an answer for Blount. Unless Manning turns it up early and takes him out of the game (it should be 50-60 degrees at game time, which helps) I think Blount just jackhammers them too.

GingerP
01-14-2014, 05:54 AM
Honestly I don't think Denver has an answer for Blount. Unless Manning turns it up early and takes him out of the game (it should be 50-60 degrees at game time, which helps) I think Blount just jackhammers them too.

Denver has played pretty good run defense this year, so I'm not sure that is the game-plan. I could see Blount being used to eat clock late if they get a lead, but with their best CB (Chris Harris) injured I'd expect the Pats to try to throw the ball more than recent weeks. Plus, they know they need points, and you need to throw to score quickly and get the lead.

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't care who wins as long as it's not San Fran. I can't stand Harbaugh.

Here's my chain of coach hate of the rest of the playoff teams. Belichick > Harbaugh > Carroll > Fox

Ed
01-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Denver has played pretty good run defense this year, so I'm not sure that is the game-plan. I could see Blount being used to eat clock late if they get a lead, but with their best CB (Chris Harris) injured I'd expect the Pats to try to throw the ball more than recent weeks. Plus, they know they need points, and you need to throw to score quickly and get the lead.

Denver's run defense is actually not that good. It's probably what they're worst at, but the Broncos scored so much this season and jumped on early leads that it really forced teams to abandon the run.

Losing Harrison this week is pretty significant since he's been their best CB. I think this is a bigger loss right now than Von Miller just because of the down year Miller had. I could see NE using a pretty balanced attack and I think they're going to be able to move the ball pretty effectively and score points.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Denver's run defense is actually not that good. It's probably what they're worst at, but the Broncos scored so much this season and jumped on early leads that it really forced teams to abandon the run.

That's what I was getting at. The Patriots can't want a shootout game, Denver's wideouts are better by a mile.

Losing Harrison this week is pretty significant since he's been their best CB. I think this is a bigger loss right now than Von Miller just because of the down year Miller had. I could see NE using a pretty balanced attack and I think they're going to be able to move the ball pretty effectively and score points.

Von Miller was suspended and then injured, but he was still a great player when he was out there. 5 sacks, 3 FF, and a FR TD in 9 games.

Ed
01-14-2014, 10:15 AM
That's what I was getting at. The Patriots can't want a shootout game, Denver's wideouts are better by a mile.

Von Miller was suspended and then injured, but he was still a great player when he was out there. 5 sacks, 3 FF, and a FR TD in 9 games.
Yeah, I don't think Miller looked bad when he was out there, but he just didn't look the same for the reasons you mentioned. He was a terror last year.

GingerP
01-14-2014, 11:02 AM

They still held teams to 3.9 YPC. I think they are weaker defending the pass than the run, especially without Von Miller to build the pass-rush around. Granted, they pressured SD pretty well last week, but the SD OL was beat up and missing guys.

justasportsfan
01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I hope Gostkowski slips while Brady is holding the ball and kicks Brady in the jaw.

Ed
01-14-2014, 12:12 PM
They still held teams to 3.9 YPC. I think they are weaker defending the pass than the run, especially without Von Miller to build the pass-rush around. Granted, they pressured SD pretty well last week, but the SD OL was beat up and missing guys.
I think part of that is teams didn't really try to establish a running game. I know their stats look good, but I just don't think they're as good as their stats indicate. In general I think the Broncos D is pretty mediocre. Without Von they don't do anything particularly well and they give up a lot of points. I give them credit for looking good against SD, but they had extra time to prepare and the energy of the crowd on their side. They also spent the last couple weeks having to listen to all the local criticism and concern about how they don't help the team enough and can't be counted on for anything. They seemed to take that to heart and looked a lot more determined against SD.

I can definitely see the Pats doing well against them whether it's Brady carving them up, or getting pushed around in the running game.

better days
01-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Hmmm. Wasn't it Denver's defense that blew a big lead. Del Rio is defensive coordinator. Do you really think just because Jon Fox is there it will be different? Basically, Manning is his own offensive coordinator. The coaches put together a general game plan, but the offense is run off of what Peyton sees.

Well, at least the game is in Denver, no home field advantage for the Pats*

BillsFever21
01-14-2014, 09:49 PM
I don't care for Manning but definitely anybody but the Patriots. Seattle was my preseason pick and either way I would like to see them go. It's exciting watching that defense.

Thurmal
01-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Better hope that either NE or Den wins the Superbowl, don't want to shatter that myth that you need a pocket passer to win!

You can win with a running QB! All you need is one of the best defenses in the league and one of the best running games in the league! Then your read-option QB won't be asked to do anything but throw 4-yard slants to TEs all game!

I think you're confusing the term "myth" with "fact."