PDA

View Full Version : Has Pettine been interviewed at all?

The King
01-13-2014, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen his name come up anywhere. I guess that's one positive to the Patriots loss.

Novacane
01-13-2014, 02:07 PM
I really don't think that loss had anything to do with him not getting interviews.

SpikedLemonade
01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
In the end, our D was just not that impressive to the outside world.

It was better than the year before but that is not saying much.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-13-2014, 02:35 PM
The hiring process isn't over, but I think he'll need more sustained success outside of Rex Ryan's shadow before he becomes a serious HC candidate.

TigerJ
01-13-2014, 03:50 PM
The hiring process isn't over, but I think he'll need more sustained success outside of Rex Ryan's shadow before he becomes a serious HC candidate.I think we have the winner.

BertSquirtgum
01-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Everybody that thought Pettine was going to get scooped up for being such a great coach was/is on drugs.

SpikedLemonade
01-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Wait until the summer when the majority here will predict that the Bills are going to make the play-offs this year.

Skooby
01-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Wait until the summer when the majority here will predict that the Bills are going to make the play-offs this year.

Summer ? I'm on that right now.

DynaPaul
01-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Who was the last Buffalo assistant to get any kind of media hype regarding a head coaching job? The last one I can think of was from the 90's teams.

BillsFever21
01-13-2014, 05:44 PM
The Patriots game didn't have anything to do with it. Owners and GM's are looking at the season/career as a whole and not just one single meaningless game in week 17. That's the kind of move the Raiders or Browns would make when hiring their HC.

It was said by many during the year and it's just playing out now. He wasn't getting any HC opportunities this year. This is his first year on his own outside of Rex Ryan and it's not like the defense was dominant. Even if it was it would be hard for him to get a HC job this soon. There are too many other coordinators who have shown more for a longer period of time.

The Jokeman
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Who was the last Buffalo assistant to get any kind of media hype regarding a head coaching job? The last one I can think of was from the 90's teams.
Jerry Gray got some play to be a candidate to be a HC for the Texas Longhorns and of course Steve Kragthorpe did end up coaching and had a few good years as a HC in Tulsa. In terms of NFL HC candidates? None really but am a little surprised Perry Fewell hasn't gotten another look as he did a fair job here and still been an okay DC with the Giants.

kishoph
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
Everybody that thought Pettine was going to get scooped up for being such a great coach was/is on drugs.

Yea, he must suck. I hope that he doesn't get a single interview, that would be good for the Bills. A lot of the problems with the rushing defense was with execution and not design. As impressive as Alonso was for a rookie, the Bills need to get a true run stopper in the middle and move Alonso outside. It would also help if our FS could tackle.

better days
01-14-2014, 02:53 AM

I don't know how much media hype was involved, but Wade Phillips was HC of the Cowboys & Texans after leaving the Bills.

Night Train
01-14-2014, 04:56 AM
The only people hiring him were our resident internet GM's .

DraftBoy
01-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Jerry Gray got some play to be a candidate to be a HC for the Texas Longhorns and of course Steve Kragthorpe did end up coaching and had a few good years as a HC in Tulsa. In terms of NFL HC candidates? None really but am a little surprised Perry Fewell hasn't gotten another look as he did a fair job here and still been an okay DC with the Giants.

He's gotten the token rooney interview a few times.

Ed
01-14-2014, 10:24 AM
I think in general, at least right now, we're going to see the up and coming OC's getting more attention than the DC's.

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Thats a good thing right?

Albany,n.y.
01-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Would be 1st time NFL head coaches who are assistants on a team that went 6-10 don't get interviewed for head coaching jobs unless it's because of the Rooney rule.
Assistant from playoff teams get the interviews, assistants from perennial also-rans don't.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Spoke too soon. Apparently he's being considered for the browns job

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2014, 06:16 AM
Thanks Bedard! You had to jinx it!