• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Has Pettine been interviewed at all?

I haven't seen his name come up anywhere. I guess that's one positive to the Patriots loss.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Has Pettine been interviewed at all?

I really don't think that loss had anything to do with him not getting interviews.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

In the end, our D was just not that impressive to the outside world.

It was better than the year before but that is not saying much.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

The hiring process isn't over, but I think he'll need more sustained success outside of Rex Ryan's shadow before he becomes a serious HC candidate.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          The hiring process isn't over, but I think he'll need more sustained success outside of Rex Ryan's shadow before he becomes a serious HC candidate.
          I think we have the winner.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Everybody that thought Pettine was going to get scooped up for being such a great coach was/is on drugs.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Wait until the summer when the majority here will predict that the Bills are going to make the play-offs this year.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                Wait until the summer when the majority here will predict that the Bills are going to make the play-offs this year.
                Summer ? I'm on that right now.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Who was the last Buffalo assistant to get any kind of media hype regarding a head coaching job? The last one I can think of was from the 90's teams.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

The Patriots game didn't have anything to do with it. Owners and GM's are looking at the season/career as a whole and not just one single meaningless game in week 17. That's the kind of move the Raiders or Browns would make when hiring their HC.

It was said by many during the year and it's just playing out now. He wasn't getting any HC opportunities this year. This is his first year on his own outside of Rex Ryan and it's not like the defense was dominant. Even if it was it would be hard for him to get a HC job this soon. There are too many other coordinators who have shown more for a longer period of time.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post
                      Who was the last Buffalo assistant to get any kind of media hype regarding a head coaching job? The last one I can think of was from the 90's teams.
                      Jerry Gray got some play to be a candidate to be a HC for the Texas Longhorns and of course Steve Kragthorpe did end up coaching and had a few good years as a HC in Tulsa. In terms of NFL HC candidates? None really but am a little surprised Perry Fewell hasn't gotten another look as he did a fair job here and still been an okay DC with the Giants.
                      Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-13-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                        Everybody that thought Pettine was going to get scooped up for being such a great coach was/is on drugs.

Yea, he must suck. I hope that he doesn't get a single interview, that would be good for the Bills. A lot of the problems with the rushing defense was with execution and not design. As impressive as Alonso was for a rookie, the Bills need to get a true run stopper in the middle and move Alonso outside. It would also help if our FS could tackle.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DynaPaul View Post

I don't know how much media hype was involved, but Wade Phillips was HC of the Cowboys & Texans after leaving the Bills.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

The only people hiring him were our resident internet GM's .
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Jerry Gray got some play to be a candidate to be a HC for the Texas Longhorns and of course Steve Kragthorpe did end up coaching and had a few good years as a HC in Tulsa. In terms of NFL HC candidates? None really but am a little surprised Perry Fewell hasn't gotten another look as he did a fair job here and still been an okay DC with the Giants.
                              He's gotten the token rooney interview a few times.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X