X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Under The Draft Radar: Georgia QB, Aaron Murray

Like LSU's quarterback Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray sustained a college career ending knee injury that will have a big impact on where he gets selected in the 2014 NFL draft.

Murray doesn't have prototypical size, he's only 6-1 208 lbs, but he has a cannon for an arm and what I noticed most about this highlight film below after watching it for the first time was his accuracy, strong arm, vision, accuracy, how quickly he threw the ball, and more accuracy.

View the profile of Los Angeles Rams Quarterback Aaron Murray on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Overall completion percentages for the past two years was 65% against serious competition.

Murray reminds me of the type of quarterback that can drop the ball in a bucket 40 yards away on a consistent basis.

He's mostly a pocket passer, but the kid can run too. He can also throw the ball on the run, accurately.

I don't want the Bills to draft a quarterback in the first three rounds. I do want them to draft a quarterback in the 4th or 5th rounds.

If Mettenberger or Murray are still on the board come round 4 or 5, I hope somebody in the Bills draft bunker has the nuts to do what's right just in case their number 1 draft pick from 2013 doesn't pan out.
  • EricStratton
    • Jul 2002

Re: Under The Draft Radar: Georgia QB, Aaron Murray

Both of the QB's you've mentioned will have to prove to be physically sound. Neither was a can't miss guy before the injury so they have a lot to show now.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
      Both of the QB's you've mentioned will have to prove to be physically sound. Neither was a can't miss guy before the injury so they have a lot to show now.
      ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. Before their injuries, both QB's would have been drafted no later than round 3. If they both had stellar Bowl games, round 2 at the latest.

The Bills need a backup plan to EJ Manuel. If he fails in 2014, it's back to square one without a backup plan.

My idea is to draft either Mettenberger or Murray in the 4th or 5th rounds, let them get healthy, ride the pine, learn the system and groom a young would be 1st or 2nd round talent QB for 2015 just in case EJ doesn't work out, or Thad Lewis gets injured.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

I'm all for Murray/Mett in the 3rd. Let's not get cute and draft a speedy WR who does virtually nothing on the field. The potential upside on these guys is vast, way more than you would typically get out of most of your 3rd round picks. I've never heard of a franchise changing 3rd round QB, but I can think of more than a few QBs who've fallen that far and have changed the face of their teams.

Comment

• K-Gun
          Deal with it
          • Jul 2003

Bortles is the money QB in this draft. We won't take him at 9 though, and will regert it like passing on Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady ect.
          [W]e are busy that we may have leisure, and make war that we may live in peace...

[F]or no one chooses to be at war, or provokes war, for the sake of being at war; any one would seem absolutely murderous if he were to make enemies of his friends in order to bring about battle and slaughter...

- Aristotle

Comment

• GvilleBills
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
            I'm all for Murray/Mett in the 3rd. Let's not get cute and draft a speedy WR who does virtually nothing on the field. The potential upside on these guys is vast, way more than you would typically get out of most of your 3rd round picks. I've never heard of a franchise changing 3rd round QB, but I can think of more than a few QBs who've fallen that far and have changed the face of their teams.
            Agreed, and in that order. Murray/Mettenberger
            Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

I would be happy if the Bills got either of those two in the 4th rnd.

Murray would be my first choice as well even though Mettenberger is a bigger guy.

Ironic Murray got his shot at Ga because Mettenberger got kicked out.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. Before their injuries, both QB's would have been drafted no later than round 3. If they both had stellar Bowl games, round 2 at the latest.
                Yea that's not actually correct.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• GvilleBills
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  I would be happy if the Bills got either of those two in the 4th rnd.

Murray would be my first choice as well even though Mettenberger is a bigger guy.

Ironic Murray got his shot at Ga because Mettenberger got kicked out.
                  Yeah, its wild how **** works out sometimes. I started really digging on Murray before he announced he was returning last year, he totally can go the Brees/Wilson "height ain't nothing but a #" route. Hope he goes to the combine for an accurate height, and he'll kill the interviews.
                  I'd be worried we miss out if we wait til the fourth though, a la Wilson. Seattle knew they wanted him and grabbed him a round earlier than most projections. Wilson was healthy, however.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

watching the video he looks like the Anti-EJ. Will trust his wr's to make a play.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Murray in the 3rd is exactly the type of thing I'd like to see us do. Don't necessarily spend another 1st rounder on a QB, but keep adding some legitimate talent to the position. Like EJ? Fine. But no one will argue that he's a finished product. And until that's the case, don't sit and hope on the QB position.
                      Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 01-14-2014, 11:31 AM.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• GvilleBills
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        watching the video he looks like the Anti-EJ. Will trust his wr's to make a play.
                        How novel an idea, WR turns and the ball is there. As opposed to EJ waiting for a telegram stating the WR is open, then still needs to confirm it with the post play picture.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GvilleBills View Post
                          How novel an idea, WR turns and the ball is there. As opposed to EJ waiting for a telegram stating the WR is open, then still needs to confirm it with the post play picture.
                          Goodwin and Graham would love Murray.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Cody
                            • Sep 2004

I'm a Ga fan so I've seen most of Murray's games

Murray is a more experienced QB than EJ right now, 4 year starter at GA. Things I like about him: well seasoned in the best conference in college football, played in a pro style offense, smart, poised, good arm, accurate, pretty mobile. Things I'm not as high about him: not ideal size, may not hold up to the pounding in the NFL, tends to force passes under pressure. Overall I'd be on board in the 3rd or 4th round.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              Goodwin and Graham would love Murray.
                              So would Stevie.

Comment

Working...
                              X