PDA

View Full Version : Kko Alonso Named PFWA DROTY

The King
01-14-2014, 02:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/6524/kiko-alonso-wins-pfwa-rookie-honors

Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills) linebacker Kiko Alonso (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15819/kiko-alonso) was named the NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year by the Pro Football Writers of America on Tuesday.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/15819.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
Alonso
The PFWA's version of the award is lesser-known than that given by the Associated Press. Those players selected by the AP -- including defensive rookie of the year -- will be announced at the NFL's annual award show on Feb. 1 in New York.

Alonso, selected in the second round, played every defensive snap this season. He finished with 159 tackles, third-most in the NFL.

Bunion
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Awesome for Kiko! Now lets get him a buddy just to mash it up with FBs, RBs and OGs so they can have long, healthy careers.

Generalissimus Gibby
01-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Enjoy him while he's here because he's exactly the kind of player --loaded with talent -- that this team likes to let go at contract time.

gr8slayer
01-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Yup, and then everyone claims that he, not the team is the problem.
Enjoy him while he's here because he's exactly the kind of player --loaded with talent -- that this team likes to let go at contract time.

Night Train
01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Awesome ! Let's turn this thread negative !

:assclown:

Generalissimus Gibby
01-14-2014, 04:09 PM

I've been a Bills fan since 1990, I am entitled to be negative about OBD at least until they prove me wrong. Trust me on this, I want to be proven wrong. I want this team to make the post season 9 of the next ten years and sneak in a couple of superbowl wins in there. Sadly, I just don't see it.

BertSquirtgum
01-14-2014, 06:53 PM

Seriously. Never seen a bigger bunch of pussy bag whiners than Bills fans.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been a Bills fan since 1990, I am entitled to be negative about OBD at least until they prove me wrong. Trust me on this, I want to be proven wrong. I want this team to make the post season 9 of the next ten years and sneak in a couple of superbowl wins in there. Sadly, I just don't see it.

Cry me a river.

Jeff1220
01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
1990? There are people on here with kids older than that.

Jry44
01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Seriously. Never seen a bigger bunch of pussy bag whiners than Bills fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Cry me a river.

Hey Pot, I would like you to meet my friend kettle. ....

Jry44
01-14-2014, 07:06 PM

Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson disagree with you.

BillsFever21
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson disagree with you.

You can't let everyone walk. The ones they usually decide to sign are the ones that are top 10-20 salary at best. You may have a top 5 every now and then but not very often. Stevie and Williams aren't one of the top players at their position. Had it been Calvin Johnson looking for a contract do you think they would pay that money? Highly unlikely just like with the Byrd situation.

When we get somebody that is one of the best at their position they shy away from signing them players because it will cost more then they want to pay. If the Bills weren't frugal with their money and salary cap then we wouldn't be sitting 20 million dollars under the cap almost every single season. That along with hiring cheaper coaches and GM's all of the time.

YardRat
01-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Buffalo hasn't had a top 5 talent at any position in years, so there has been no reason to pay anybody like one.

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM
About time.. great pick in Kiko

BillsFever21
01-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Buffalo hasn't had a top 5 talent at any position in years, so there has been no reason to pay anybody like one.

Eric Wood is being paid as a top 5 center in the NFL.

better days
01-14-2014, 08:34 PM

The point is that this thread is about an INDIVIDUAL that won an award as an individual.

This thread is NOT about the Bills as a team.

feldspar
01-14-2014, 10:21 PM
PFWA DROTY!

OMG IMO.