PDA

View Full Version : Why are we waiting

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
If we are going to get a QB coach why are we waiting...Good FO should aready know who they want and need. If that is where we are going with this, then lets get going .

OLDSRIP
01-14-2014, 05:36 PM
And if its not where they are going?

Should they hurry anyway?

Fixxxer
01-14-2014, 05:48 PM
I think the best course of action for the Bills and Manuel is to work in the off-season with Paul Hackett, father of our OC.

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 06:03 PM
I think the best course of action for the Bills and Manuel is to work in the off-season with Paul Hackett, father of our OC.

I'd love if we named Sr. Hackett our QB coach. As he did wonders for Jason Campbell in Oakland and he has ties to his son and also served as OC of the Jets when Marrone was O-line coach during the same time period yet I doubt any of this will pass but does makes logical sense.

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 06:51 PM
dont want to go knowwhere to fast

Jeff1220
01-14-2014, 07:06 PM
My guess is that they don't think it's a need and won't be hiring one.

BertSquirtgum
01-14-2014, 10:04 PM
Where did the idea of hiring a quarterback coach come from anyway? I haven't heard anything about that. or is this something you just think they should do?

BuffaloRedleg
01-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Where did the idea of hiring a quarterback coach come from anyway? I haven't heard anything about that. or is this something you just think they should do?

I think he's drunk.

Night Train
01-15-2014, 04:59 AM
I think he's drunk.

"dont want to go knowwhere to fast"

This was the dead giveaway

Jan Reimers
01-15-2014, 05:10 AM
dont want to go knowwhere to fast

I interpret this as you want to go somewhere to refrain from eating, but you don't know where.

justasportsfan
01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
I would see if the Packers would release The Pill to be our qb coach although I don't see AVP going from a great team to the bills unless he gets a pay raise. Freeman had his best year with AVP as his qb coach in 2010 although Freemans numbers dropped in 2011. The Packers rushing game went from 20th to 10th with AVP as their rb coach.

I realize he wasn't very successful here under Dick but then again, who was? The offense did however improve once Jauron was fired .

The most important thing about AVP is that he and HAckett would be on the same page right from the start.

Meathead
01-15-2014, 12:19 PM
a very brilliant and devilishly handsome man was the first one i heard portraying marrone and hackett as arrogant thinking they didnt need a qb coach and/or a vet qb mentor for ej. i realize they want to bring ej along their way but that should be a full time job and both those two already have full time jobs running the team and the offense respectively

but just because this god among men pointed out the error doesnt mean marrone is going to change anything. i agree with jeff, they probably still think they dont need one. i said before if they want to correct that mistake they should do it sooner rather than later, now would be good imo. but they certainly might make the same blunder again and if ej doesnt work out it might be the thing that got them fired

i just dont get it. its not like they couldnt find somebody qualified to take that job and delegate what they want. we hear all about reich and pudge doing great jobs with their pet qbs, feels like its getting rubbed in our face. i havent heard them explain it either. its kinda bugging me tbh

lmcshadow
01-15-2014, 07:24 PM
a very brilliant and devilishly handsome man was the first one i heard portraying marrone and hackett as arrogant thinking they didnt need a qb coach and/or a vet qb mentor for ej. i realize they want to bring ej along their way but that should be a full time job and both those two already have full time jobs running the team and the offense respectively

but just because this god among men pointed out the error doesnt mean marrone is going to change anything. i agree with jeff, they probably still think they dont need one. i said before if they want to correct that mistake they should do it sooner rather than later, now would be good imo. but they certainly might make the same blunder again and if ej doesnt work out it might be the thing that got them fired

i just dont get it. its not like they couldnt find somebody qualified to take that job and delegate what they want. we hear all about reich and pudge doing great jobs with their pet qbs, feels like its getting rubbed in our face. i havent heard them explain it either. its kinda bugging me tbh
Exactly!!

justasportsfan
01-16-2014, 10:57 AM
I would see if the Packers would release The Pill to be our qb coach although I don't see AVP going from a great team to the bills unless he gets a pay raise. Freeman had his best year with AVP as his qb coach in 2010 although Freemans numbers dropped in 2011. The Packers rushing game went from 20th to 10th with AVP as their rb coach.

I realize he wasn't very successful here under Dick but then again, who was? The offense did however improve once Jauron was fired .

The most important thing about AVP is that he and HAckett would be on the same page right from the start.

Aha! I'm good!!! My sources were right. Eat that skooby!!!

Packers running backs coach Alex Van Pelt is rumored to be a candidate to shift to the quarterback coaching job for Green Bay. But there’s a report that Buffalo may also be interested in him as a quarterback coaching option.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/01/16/report-avp-possible-qb-coach-candidate/

DraftBoy
01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Sweet Green Bay RB Coach to Buffalo QB Coach....

justasportsfan
01-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Sweet Green Bay RB Coach to Buffalo QB Coach....
I'm sure he's seen what a great QB like Rogers is like even though he was the rb coach.

DraftBoy
01-16-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm sure he's seen what a great QB like Rogers is like even though he was the rb coach.

I've seen what a great QB like Rogers is like too, every time I watch the Packers on Sunday. So by that logic I'm now qualified to be the QB coach? Sweet!

justasportsfan
01-16-2014, 11:32 AM
I've seen what a great QB like Rogers is like too, every time I watch the Packers on Sunday. So by that logic I'm now qualified to be the QB coach? Sweet!

but have you hung out in the locker room to check him out? Lecter has.

DraftBoy
01-16-2014, 03:26 PM
but have you hung out in the locker room to check him out? Lecter has.

Damnit, I always knew that stalker quality was lacking...

lmcshadow
01-19-2014, 08:05 PM

Say what??? http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/6583/report-bills-were-interested-in-van-pelt

lmcshadow
01-21-2014, 03:45 PM
and you thought i was drunk

OLDSRIP
01-22-2014, 08:23 AM
and you thought i was drunk

Looks like you are right.
Still, doesn't mean your not drunk.

JediMindPowers
01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with ODB waiting. I think it's more likely prospective candidates DO NOT want to coach in Buffalo.

Why would any coach with brains want to get hired by Marrone and serve under a below-average second year college coach that had a pretty rough 2013 season. This team ain't gonna be winning anytime soon. So things aint looking brighter for any prospective coaches.

They're staying away.

kishoph
01-23-2014, 07:26 AM

It was reported today (possibly yesterday) that Hackett will not be handling the duties as QB coach and the Bills will bring in someone to be the new QB coach.

sukie
01-23-2014, 09:16 AM
So they should get to "get going then"! Why wait ? Get going. "Goings" are hard to get so get them or at least try to get them. (Or is it "it"? Are goings what we are waiting to get ? or is it singular as in "get a going"? In any event... Get going. (goings)

Then fast alittle...

Then drink.