PDA

View Full Version : Frank Reich OC

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 07:06 PM
Frank is working his way up the pay scale

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/14/chargers-promote-frank-reich-to-offensive-coordinator/

K-Gun
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
And two years from now, the next HC of the Buffalo Bills is... Who would be against THAT?

The Popcorn
01-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Good for him. If San Diego does well the next couple of years, he may be mentioned for a head coaching job.

The Jokeman
01-14-2014, 07:46 PM
And two years from now, the next HC of the Buffalo Bills is... Who would be against THAT?
Me because it means Marrone and EJ failed in their attempts to lead us to greener pastures. I'm tired of the defeatist attitude and I'll admit I was part of it in years past but something tells me that things are going to change for the better,

YardRat
01-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I wish him all the luck in the world, but being an OC is an entirely new ball of wax than QB coach. Would've loved to see him come back here to mentor our QB's instead.

Oldbillsfan
01-14-2014, 07:49 PM
One of the greatest Bills ever

lmcshadow
01-14-2014, 07:54 PM
You gotta love the guy

Albany,n.y.
01-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Me because it means Marrone and EJ failed in their attempts to lead us to greener pastures. I'm tired of the defeatist attitude and I'll admit I was part of it in years past but something tells me that things are going to change for the better,

Or two years from now Marrone wins the Super Bowl then quits when Ralph, who is still alive, refuses to pay him the going wage for a Super Bowl winning coach and Frank Reich jumps at the chance of returning to Buffalo as head coach for what Ralph believes is a "reasonable" wage for a head coach.

Seriously, when Reich was playing many of us thought he'd end up coaching the Bills some day in the future. It may not be 2 years from now, it could be 5, but at some point there's a good chance he'll be HC of the Bills.

Historian
01-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Kind of surprising that he got into coaching in the first place.

He's an ordained Minister, ala TigerJ.

I thought he would travel that career path.

Meathead
01-15-2014, 05:50 PM
if hes really saved then hes doing both

BillsFever21
01-15-2014, 06:02 PM
Or two years from now Marrone wins the Super Bowl then quits when Ralph, who is still alive, refuses to pay him the going wage for a Super Bowl winning coach and Frank Reich jumps at the chance of returning to Buffalo as head coach for what Ralph believes is a "reasonable" wage for a head coach.

Seriously, when Reich was playing many of us thought he'd end up coaching the Bills some day in the future. It may not be 2 years from now, it could be 5, but at some point there's a good chance he'll be HC of the Bills.

I would take that trade off for a Super Bowl victory. The sad part is you would have to wonder if Ralph would pay a SB winning coach 6-7 million dollars a season. By that time the coordinators will also be up for extensions and would demand more money if they did a good job. There is another 3 million each for the coordinators. Usually Ralph doesn't even have 6 or 7 million tied up between all three of them positions put together.

Albany,n.y.
01-15-2014, 06:17 PM
I would take that trade off for a Super Bowl victory. The sad part is you would have to wonder if Ralph would pay a SB winning coach 6-7 million dollars a season. By that time the coordinators will also be up for extensions and would demand more money if they did a good job. There is another 3 million each for the coordinators. Usually Ralph doesn't even have 6 or 7 million tied up between all three of them positions put together.

I don't think Ralph will be around by the time the Bills win a Super Bowl. Chances are none of us will be the way things are going. The Vikings haven't been back in 37 years & counting. The Lions have never been to any of the 48 Super Bowls.

trapezeus
01-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Frank Reich OC strategy...."guys we just have to give up the first 32 points, then, let's go get 'em"

Mace
01-16-2014, 06:31 PM
I sure wish we'd hire a QB coach.

Good luck to Frank.