PDA

View Full Version : sabres trade winds blowing

JATMtheJATM
01-15-2014, 02:55 PM
word is that buffalo seeks a first + high prospect for moulson. the first doesnt have to be this year. buffalo is thinking 2015. they are thinking mcdavid.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/nhl-exec-moulson-trade-would-cost-first-round-pick-prospect/

LA and ottawa are interested in moulson. might be a steep price though. moulsons solid, but....

trapezeus
01-15-2014, 03:08 PM
murray comes to buffalo and then fleeces his uncle. That'd be something, wouldn't it.

but i think a first next year isn't going to help much in getting mcdavid. i don't think a team would give up their top pick overall for two firsts when mcdavid's talent is being bandied about.

and yes, i just assumed that the sabres are going to get a little depth via free agency and end this scoring drought that they've been mired in. I also realize that next year has the potential to be just as bad if we send miller packing.

Ginger Vitis
01-15-2014, 03:09 PM
So most teams are eyeballing next years draft and want to stockpile picks.. Any team picking out of the Top 5 next year would have to almost give up the farm to get to No.1.. The rumour last year was the Flames offered the Avalanche 2 1st rounders No.22 and No.28 to move from No.6 to No.1 and Patrick Roy never even gave that offer a 2nd thought

DetDannyWilliams
01-15-2014, 05:29 PM
This kid could also fall right into the Sabres lap http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/222381-USA-Hockey-announcement?p=3900716&viewfull=1#post3900716

Skooby
01-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Dump everyone now for more picks.

coastal
01-16-2014, 01:00 PM
This kid could also fall right into the Sabres lap http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/222381-USA-Hockey-announcement?p=3900716&viewfull=1#post3900716
The tank of all tanks by the Sabres and the Isles... Eichel and McDavid.

trapezeus
01-16-2014, 01:04 PM
that would be hilarious. we get a nice pick now, then top 2 next season. i would support this.

Downinfloflo
01-16-2014, 03:05 PM
The NHL trade deadline is fast approaching and teams have until March 5th to make deals. Trades can be made from now up until February 7th, as that is when the NHL freezes all trade activity for the duration of the Winter Olympics. But in the meantime, one name that many are expecting to hear more and more about as both deadlines near, is Buffalo Sabres (http://sabrenoise.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost) veteran Matt Moulson.
According to both the Ottawa Sun (http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/01/14/matt-moulson-may-cost-ottawa-senators-too-much-in-trade) as well as Kings beat writer John Hoven (https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/423223627887411200), theOttawa Senators (http://senshot.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost) and Los Angeles Kings (http://rinkroyalty.com/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=InPost) are the two teams most likely to make offers to Buffalo for Moulson.
Out of the two, Los Angeles is the team most likely to land Moulson as they have the money to make it happen (http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/15/nhl-exec-moulson-trade-would-cost-first-round-pick-prospect/) as well as a dire need for production out of their left wingers. Ottawa has started making it known they’d like to acquire veteran skaters (http://fansided.com/2014/01/15/nhl-trade-rumors-ottawa-senators-acquire-veteran-skaters/), but the Sun reports Moulson’s contract and his unrestricted free agent status at the end of the season could scare them off.

coastal
01-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Ottawa... I want Lazar. Heard he's an untouchable though.

SkateZilla
01-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Trade Miller and Moulson for Picks, Re-Sign Ott just because,

Buy Out Leino and Stafford, send them Packin'

Bring in someone to train with these guys well before training camp, because they still look lazy as shiz halfway through the season.

OpIv37
01-17-2014, 11:38 AM
No surprise here- everyone pretty much knew Moulson would be leveraged for mor picks when he was obtained.

Hockey is weird like that- Moulson is a good player but there's a realistic possibility that he could be on 4 different teams in under a year. In football, that only happens to scrubs.

G Wolly
01-17-2014, 12:31 PM
No surprise here- everyone pretty much knew Moulson would be leveraged for mor picks when he was obtained.

Except for all the people who brought in their Vanek jerseys to switch the nameplates...

The Jokeman
01-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Ottawa... I want Lazar. Heard he's an untouchable though.
He struggled lately but I'm not sure if I'd look past Tyler Toffoli of the Kings. They recently sent him back down to the minors for more seasoning but I'd move Moulson for him in a heartbeat. In terms of the 1st Rounder, it be an added bonus.

JATMtheJATM
01-18-2014, 11:17 AM
He struggled lately but I'm not sure if I'd look past Tyler Toffoli of the Kings. They recently sent him back down to the minors for more seasoning but I'd move Moulson for him in a heartbeat. In terms of the 1st Rounder, it be an added bonus.

it would be nice to get a 22-23 year old who will help sooner rather then later. i also hear ryan oreilly is in play. love to get him somehow.

The Jokeman
01-18-2014, 11:31 AM
it would be nice to get a 22-23 year old who will help sooner rather then later. i also hear ryan oreilly is in play. love to get him somehow.

His contract situation isn't something I'd be 100% comfortable with a new/rookie GM. Yet let the speculation of Grigorenko reuniting with Patrick Roy begin.

JATMtheJATM
01-18-2014, 11:41 AM
His contract situation isn't something I'd be 100% comfortable with a new/rookie GM. Yet let the speculation of Grigorenko reuniting with Patrick Roy begin.

moulson/grigo for oreilly? sign me up. oreilly is going to be 23 next month. so hes still young.

The Jokeman
01-18-2014, 11:49 AM
moulson/grigo for oreilly? sign me up. oreilly is going to be 23 next month. so hes still young.

O'Reilly can't be moved from Colorado until February 28th. Personally if I'm the Sabres the sooner we can move Moulson the better and why I'd hope the rumors to the Kings are true. As long as we get Tyler Toffoli back.

JATMtheJATM
01-18-2014, 12:45 PM
either way, oreilly is sexy. toffoli is sexy too. and lazar from ottawa is sexy too.

any of those combos (and maybe none happen) would be fine with me. if they can keep grigo, even better. but if hes part of a package for a young stud, fine by me.

for what its worth (nothing) eklund reports that LA is in on vanek and moulson. they wont take both. pens also in on moulson.

again, its eklund. so. more or less, im just reporting this for fun. because eklund is not very.... reliable.

clumping platelets
01-19-2014, 02:33 AM
I say keep Miller, Moulson, and Ott

Trade Ennis, Stafford, Enroth, prospects, and picks

This team is competitive right now.......a couple of moves to add veterans can propel this team into a legit playoff team next season

I want ROR

DetDannyWilliams
01-19-2014, 06:05 PM
interesting blurb in Ottawa Sun about what Sabres Murray might do with Miller

Buffalo GM Tim Murray has a decision to make on goalie Ryan Miller before the Olympic roster freeze kicks in on Feb. 7. Does he deal him before he goes to Sochi? The Sabres are expected to make one last ditch effort to sign Miller but do they want to risk him getting injured playing for Team USA and then not available for trade in March? Since he likely wouldn’t accept a deal to Edmonton, the market is limited. The St. Louis Blues have been mentioned as a top candidate and GM Doug Armstrong knows they won’t get many chances. The Blues will tell everybody they are fine with their goaltending, they aren’t.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/01/18/calgary-flames-fielding-plenty-of-offers-for-winger-mike-cammalleri

I wouldn't mind to see the Sabres trade for Cammalleri either, he could be the #1 center that the Sabres have been looking for

JATMtheJATM
01-19-2014, 06:11 PM
rumor has it the caps are interested in halak as well.

coastal
01-19-2014, 07:35 PM
interesting blurb in Ottawa Sun about what Sabres Murray might do with Miller

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/01/18/calgary-flames-fielding-plenty-of-offers-for-winger-mike-cammalleri

I wouldn't mind to see the Sabres trade for Cammalleri either, he could be the #1 center that the Sabres have been looking for
"Speaking of Buffalo, agent Craig Oster of Newport Sports may have declined an offer from Murray to be the assistant GM."

also so from the link... that's too bad. Sounded like a good hire.

mightysimi
01-20-2014, 01:33 PM
either way, oreilly is sexy. toffoli is sexy too. and lazar from ottawa is sexy too.

any of those combos (and maybe none happen) would be fine with me. if they can keep grigo, even better. but if hes part of a package for a young stud, fine by me.

for what its worth (nothing) eklund reports that LA is in on vanek and moulson. they wont take both. pens also in on moulson.

again, its eklund. so. more or less, im just reporting this for fun. because eklund is not very.... reliable.

Are you happy paying OReilly 6.5 million next year just as a qualifying offer? That seems like a lot. Thanks to Jay Feaster for the offer sheet that drove up the price. Also after the World Jrs No way is Lazar going anywhere.

JATMtheJATM
01-20-2014, 02:25 PM
id be ok with giving him that much. the sabres will have plenty of space.

YankeeInRaleigh
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM

Sigh...you really want to give shartacus ammunition for his next 11 gay threads?

Downinfloflo
01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Are you happy paying OReilly 6.5 million next year just as a qualifying offer? That seems like a lot. Thanks to Jay Feaster for the offer sheet that drove up the price. Also after the World Jrs No way is Lazar going anywhere.

O'Reilly is a RFA so there is no rush on his contract he can't go anywhere with out the AVS getting a huge return.. Statsny will be the odd man out, and O'Reilly will be resigned.

JATMtheJATM
01-20-2014, 05:19 PM
sabres open to moving grigo

http://fansided.com/2014/01/19/buffalo-sabres-open-trading-mikhail-grigorenko/

Skooby
01-20-2014, 05:57 PM
So we will give away a talented early first rounder ? Talk about going backwards, if I believed this guy (which I don't).

JATMtheJATM
01-20-2014, 06:09 PM
who the hell said the sabres are "giving him away"

clumping platelets
01-20-2014, 10:25 PM
This is what I would want:

ROR, Giguere, mid rd pick or mid level F prospect for Enroth, Grigs, NYI #1, and one of our top D prospects (McNabb, McCabe, or Zad)

Risto not available

Under this scenario..........Miller, Ott, and Moulson are re-signed. We also move out Ennis, Stafford, and Tallinder and use some of those assets to add another young forward with scoring upside (Fleischman?)

DetDannyWilliams
01-20-2014, 10:36 PM
trade rumors are now heating up for Moulson! Coyotes, Kings and Red Wings are also reported in the mix of teams that want Moulson

According to multiple league sources, the Coyotes are among a long list of teams interested in Buffalo Sabres sniper Matt Moulson.

Moulson, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1, was acquired by the Sabres from the New York Islanders earlier in the season.
Moulson has liked his time in Buffalo thus far and has expressed interest in re-signing with the Sabres, but it's strongly believed by a number of league sources that Buffalo will move him for young players and high draft picks.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phx140120.html

clumping platelets
01-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Boo!

clumping platelets
01-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Detroit's #1 and prospect F Sheahan

LA's #1 and F Nolan

Yotes #1 and prospect F Domi

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2014, 12:03 AM
id love for moulson to return and sign with buffalo. on july 1.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Detroit's #1 and prospect F Sheahan

LA's #1 and F Nolan

Yotes #1 and prospect F Domi

sheahan comes with some baggage. last halloween (2012), he stole a team mates ID (brendan smith) and used it to get into the bars (he was underaged).. he proceeded to get hammered, and get pulled over. he blew an impressive .30 BAC. the best part? he was dressed as a teletubby.

hes a good player, but i think detroit would have to do better

and if the sabres got domi, i would doubt PHX would part with its first as well. maybe a second.

clumping platelets
01-21-2014, 02:26 AM
sheahan comes with some baggage. last halloween (2012), he stole a team mates ID (brendan smith) and used it to get into the bars (he was underaged).. he proceeded to get hammered, and get pulled over. he blew an impressive .30 BAC. the best part? he was dressed as a teletubby.

hes a good player, but i think detroit would have to do better

and if the sabres got domi, i would doubt PHX would part with its first as well. maybe a second.

I'd take a #2 and Domi

Moulson for Brendan Smith :D

clumping platelets
01-21-2014, 02:28 AM
Then use Brendan Smith as part of a package for ROR :nod:

Meathead
01-21-2014, 09:52 AM
sabres gotta choose soon, do you retain guys like moulson and miller and try for a quick(er) turnaround or do you stick to the plan and commit to another year of sucking for more and better picks?

too bad grigs isnt pulling a gergs so far, that might make a fast turnaround more doable. but they could still go either way with the team. theyve got enough in the pipeline that with a little luck they could add some outside pieces to a rapidly maturing new core and be playoff spot competitive next season. the safer route is to get even younger and sacrifice another lost season, but thats tough on the fanship

personally id kinda like if they kept their best players and tried the quick route, but thats also playoff blueballs talking so my judgement might not be all that great

trapezeus
01-21-2014, 10:14 AM
trading guys for younger guys is an issue since the sabres could be woefully short of the cap floor next year. that means someoen is going ot get overpaid simply to get us to the floor. is it easier to throw stupid money at miller or at a young guy and have the money go to his head and not perform?

i don't know the answer to this. i just think that getting rid of stafford and leino will rapidly improve the "compete" in the team as a whole.

coastal
01-21-2014, 01:16 PM
I would trade Moulson for Domi straight up right ****ing now.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Then use Brendan Smith as part of a package for ROR :nod:

smith has taken a massive step backwards for whatever reason. but i really like his game. i think mcnabb can be on par with smith.

mightysimi
01-21-2014, 07:52 PM
O'Reilly is a RFA so there is no rush on his contract he can't go anywhere with out the AVS getting a huge return.. Statsny will be the odd man out, and O'Reilly will be resigned.

I know he is RFA. If you traded for him you would be on the hook for 6.5 just to qualify.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2014, 07:56 PM
apparently LA and ottawa are real high on moulson

Downinfloflo
01-21-2014, 08:55 PM
I know he is RFA. If you traded for him you would be on the hook for 6.5 just to qualify.

Not to mention it would also take a 1st rounder.

coastal
01-21-2014, 11:21 PM
apparently LA and ottawa are real high on moulson
Give me Curtis Lazar.

Now.

JATMtheJATM
01-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Give me Curtis Lazar.

Now.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/curtis-lazar/

this is what stood out to me

Talent AnalysisWill work his way onto a pro roster. A battler, power forward in the mold of a Milan Lucic. Very good offensive skills. Leadership skills in spades.

clumping platelets
01-22-2014, 12:07 AM
G Ryan Miller to Det for F Abdelkader and D B. Smith

draft choice to Caps for G Neuvirth

:idunno:

JATMtheJATM
01-22-2014, 12:31 AM

detroits not ready to give up on howard and thats too shallow of a return. smith and mantha, and we could have something.

coastal
01-22-2014, 05:49 AM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/curtis-lazar/

this is what stood out to me

Talent Analysis

Will work his way onto a pro roster. A battler, power forward in the mold of a Milan Lucic. Very good offensive skills. Leadership skills in spades.i see more of a Patrice Bergeron than a Lucic... but either way.

DetDannyWilliams
01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Sly (Sylvester) on Hockey Hotline this morning, rumored price for Miller 2 1st's, 2nd and prospect

<iframe src="http://audio.wgr550.com/audio-embed/86415234/embed.htm?width=500&height=350" width="500" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:0;padding:0;margin:0"></iframe>"

Skooby
01-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Sly (Sylvester) on Hockey Hotline this morning, rumored price for Miller 2 1st's, 2nd and prospect

<iframe src="http://audio.wgr550.com/audio-embed/86415234/embed.htm?width=500&height=350" width="500" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:0;padding:0;margin:0"></iframe>"

So we're keeping Miller, got it.

JATMtheJATM
01-22-2014, 07:54 PM
you really think murray is going to stay firm on that? he will take the best offer he gets. i bet its a first and maybe other smaller parts.

The Jokeman
01-23-2014, 06:07 PM
you really think murray is going to stay firm on that? he will take the best offer he gets. i bet its a first and maybe other smaller parts.

Smaller parts? are you advocating we trade to reaquire Gerbe? God I hope not.

JATMtheJATM
01-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Smaller parts? are you advocating we trade to reaquire Gerbe? God I hope not.

haha, no.

DetDannyWilliams
01-23-2014, 06:27 PM
tweet by Harrington...Sabres play in Columbus on Saturday and in Piitsburgh on Monday, Murray will meet the team in Pittsburgh, Penguins rumored to be interested in Moulson Penguins are also banged up maybe we see a trade on Monday?

The Jokeman
01-23-2014, 07:04 PM
tweet by Harrington...Sabres play in Columbus on Saturday and in Piitsburgh on Monday, Murray will meet the team in Pittsburgh, Penguins rumored to be interested in Moulson Penguins are also banged up maybe we see a trade on Monday?

Beau Bennett could be just returning from injury so he might be worth asking about.

don137
01-24-2014, 08:58 AM
If the Sabres trade Moulson sooner rather than later they are almost automatically going to finish dead last in points in league. Moulson does great in shoot outs and is probably their best offensive weapon.

JATMtheJATM
01-24-2014, 01:03 PM
if they trade away moulson for picks, i hope larsson or adam come up for the rest of the season to get their feet wet, or in adams case, his last chance.

swiper
01-24-2014, 01:34 PM

Hockey Central panel discusses whether the Washington Capitals will trade Michal Neuvirth by the trade deadline. The 25-year old Neuvirth carries a $2.5 million salary cap hit through next season. Brian Lawton and Billy Jaffe think they need to move Neuvirth.

Lawton thinks possible destinations are: Sabres, Red Wings and Predators. Jaffe thinks possible destinations are: Sabres, Panthers and Islanders.

Who do you think should go after Neuvirth and at what cost?

LINK (http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/)

clumping platelets
01-24-2014, 10:19 PM
:str8face:

JATMtheJATM
01-24-2014, 11:00 PM
i think washington gives us their first and neuvirth for miller. that just makes sense to me.

DetDannyWilliams
01-25-2014, 12:40 AM
this guy over on HF Boards has it down pat...

Since we are Buffalo and the most unluckiest team in the league, unless the Sabres finish last then we are not guaranteed a top 2 pick. If the Sabre finished 29th then a team who finished 3rd-14th would probably win the lottery dropping the Sabres to 3 and out of the top 2 superstar prospects.

I would be extremely happy with Ekblad at #2 if we finished last but lost the lottery. But if we don't get either him or Reinhart, then I would look at the season as the ultimate failure at rebuilding while being terrible.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1568803&page=25

JATMtheJATM
01-25-2014, 12:54 AM
sam bennet is good too. sabres would be fine in the top 3

clumping platelets
01-25-2014, 01:28 AM

OR that pick could be available to help acquire a ROR or Evander Kane :nod:

swiper
01-25-2014, 06:53 AM
Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe (http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/01/23/bruins-targeting-help-defense/xlGPTOsone0v6xKSHDm9vM/story.html): With the injuries to the Bruins blueline, they’ll look for a defenseman. They don’t want to be shorthanded for the playoffs on the blueline for the second consecutive season. They would like a rental defenseman, as they’ll need the extra money to re-sign Torey Krug and Reilly Smith, who will both get raises from their $925,000 and $900,000 deals. The Bruins may prefer a left handed shooting, stay-at-home defenseman. It would likely cost them a pick and/or prospect. Potential trade targets could be: Chris Phillips (OTT), Andrew MacDonald (NYI), Kyle Quincey (DET) and Henrik Tallinder (BUF).

Please. Take him!

coastal
01-25-2014, 06:56 AM
I think Sam Bennett is a great player for a coach like Nolan.

JATMtheJATM
01-25-2014, 10:51 AM

i, personally, wouldnt move away from the top 5. call it the allure of the unknown.

JATMtheJATM
01-25-2014, 10:57 AM
I think Sam Bennett is a great player for a coach like Nolan.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/103031/ekblad-bennett-lead-the-ohl-pack-for-the-2014-nhl-draft/#more-103031

i forgot about leon draisatl too. sabres should get a dandy wherever they end up. 1 2 or 3.

coastal
01-25-2014, 11:58 AM
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/103031/ekblad-bennett-lead-the-ohl-pack-for-the-2014-nhl-draft/#more-103031

i forgot about leon draisatl too. sabres should get a dandy wherever they end up. 1 2 or 3.
Draisatl will be out of top 5 by time draft rolls around.

JATMtheJATM
01-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Draisatl will be out of top 5 by time draft rolls around.

think so? i wouldnt mind, should the isles not defer, picking him up.

i also wouldnt mind, no, i encourage buffalo to draft a goalie high.

Ginger Vitis
01-25-2014, 03:28 PM
i also wouldnt mind, no, i encourage buffalo to draft a goalie high.

No goalie in this upcoming draft has a 1st Round Grade. I wouldn't mind Thatcher Demko somewhere between 40 and 50

JATMtheJATM
01-25-2014, 03:30 PM
No goalie in this upcoming draft has a 1st Round Grade. I wouldn't mind Thatcher Demko somewhere between 40 and 50

i havnt seen the goalie class this year. but when i say high, i mean second round or higher if it applies.

DetDannyWilliams
01-26-2014, 10:48 AM
Tim Murray wants rewards from any trades

Speaking with The Buffalo News prior to Saturday’s 5-2 win over the hottest team in the NHL, the Columbus Blue Jackets, Murray didn’t offer any new specifics on what might happen with the team’s key pending unrestricted free agents. But he did say he’s now casually chatted with Ryan Miller, Matt Moulson and Steve Ott – the trio of players widely believed to be available prior to the March 5 trade deadline.
And Murray made sure to emphasize this point: None of them are getting traded unless the Sabres reap significant rewards.

“I’ve told them all the same thing really and it was like, ‘It’s unfortunate you’re going to see your name in the paper. That’s just the nature of the game,’ ” Murray said. “They’re not young players. They’ve been around. They know the game. They know that this is part of it.

“I told them not to believe everything they read or everything they’ve heard on the sports channels. But certainly their names are in play and we’ll see what happens but it doesn’t guarantee they’ll be moved at all. For me, it’s all about return. These are good players. So if the return was up to a certain point and not great and we then decide we want to talk to them about staying, then that’s an option too.”
There will be an NHL roster freeze on Feb. 7 prior to the Olympics and there’s plenty of speculation that’s going to create an artificial first trade “deadline” prior to the official deadline on March 5.
Murray said many teams have reached out to him to discuss the Sabres’ plans.

“There’s been lots of interaction, a lot of early talking,” he said. “There’s been no real specifics. I think teams are just trying to feel us out, feel me out on what we want to do. There’s certainly been discussions. I’m not sure there’s any artificial deadline. I think people are in a wait-and-see mode, to tell you the truth.

“People are concerned about injuries this far out. If a contending team makes their one big move and that guy is not available when he needs to be, there’s concern there from those teams. I’m really not sure a lot of teams want to pull off the big trade this far out. It could happen, but it doesn’t seem to me there’s any urgency right now.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/tim-murray-wants-rewards-from-any-trades-20140124

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 11:21 AM
look out, a ryan miller trade rumor with names.

note, this is from mike straw, who ive been following for several years. so, while im not putting any real stock into this (hes been writing about the sabres for several years) hes not one thats ever made something up to get hits. so while im taking this with a HUGE grain of salt, it also makes some sense

http://fansided.com/2014/01/27/buffalo-sabres-close-trading-ryan-miller/#!txZ3t

it has miller going to minnesota for their first, heatley, and either granlund or coyle. the first and grandlund/coyle return is fair, and heatley is just cap space.

not holding my breath, but again, this guy is not someone to make something up, so i assume it has some shred of truth to it.

- - - Updated - - -

look out, a ryan miller trade rumor with names.

note, this is from mike straw, who ive been following for several years. so, while im not putting any real stock into this (hes been writing about the sabres for several years) hes not one thats ever made something up to get hits. so while im taking this with a HUGE grain of salt, it also makes some sense

http://fansided.com/2014/01/27/buffalo-sabres-close-trading-ryan-miller/#!txZ3t

it has miller going to minnesota for their first, heatley, and either granlund or coyle. the first and grandlund/coyle return is fair, and heatley is just cap space.

not holding my breath, but again, this guy is not someone to make something up, so i assume it has some shred of truth to it.

swiper
01-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Grandlund/Coyle stats are meh. Give me Koivu and a 1st. If they want us to take Heatley, we're 100% doing them a favor.

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 12:26 PM
miller rumors are out of control, ATM. people are reporting (incorrectly, as far as i know) that miller is on the way to the blues.

if you have twitter, miller is everywhere right now.

swiper
01-27-2014, 12:38 PM
I looked at it. Just a lot of aimless chatter and guessing.

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
98% of it is. but where theres smoke, there is fire.

theres a reason the rumors are swirling. is something imminent? hard to say, but things are getting interesting.

maybe nothing happens. maybe it happens in 4 minutes. either way, its interesting.

Downinfloflo
01-27-2014, 02:25 PM

That would be a fantastic move by the Sabres and something you fans should hope for.

If you could trade your 1st for a guy like Evander Kane who is only 22 and a PROVEN 30 goal scorer, You would have to be a ****** to turn it down.

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 02:51 PM
http://alloutsportsnetwork.com/2014/01/27/ryan-miller-on-the-move/

this echos the minnesota offer from the michael straw article.

time will tell, but this is interesting.

swiper
01-27-2014, 03:28 PM
http://alloutsportsnetwork.com/2014/01/27/ryan-miller-on-the-move/

this echos the minnesota offer from the michael straw article.

time will tell, but this is interesting.

The more recent, credible stuff on TWITTER was saying "all is quiet" per the Minnesota folks. Or the exact wording was "nothing was imminent."

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 04:08 PM
The more recent, credible stuff on TWITTER was saying "all is quiet" per the Minnesota folks. Or the exact wording was "nothing was imminent."
nope, nothing is imminent. but its certainly heating up.

trapezeus
01-27-2014, 04:50 PM
if they have to trade him, i just hope he stays until after the olympics. i just like the idea of miller heating up and announcers refering to buffalo a lot. if not, then, we got nothing out of him being in the olympics.

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 06:56 PM
if moulson goes to the kings, a player id like in return (not as a centerpiece) is kurtis macdermid. hes 6-4 and a bruiser. plays hyper physical. i watched him in the OHL earlier this year, and hes just a ****ing bruiser. like chara, actually. not the talent (hes a bottom pairing d-man) but hes just mean and big.

coastal
01-27-2014, 08:03 PM
I don't see anyone trading for miller before the olympics

clumping platelets
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Moulson for McDermid and Nolan :up:

JATMtheJATM
01-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Moulson for McDermid and Nolan :up:

im thinking tiffoli but hey, mcdermid would be a nice project. kids just mean.

clumping platelets
01-27-2014, 11:04 PM
im thinking tiffoli but hey, mcdermid would be a nice project. kids just mean.

Moulson, Tallinder, and LA's #2 2014 for Nolan, Toffoli, and McDermid :nod:

swiper
01-28-2014, 04:55 AM
Kyle Okposo is having a nice year. Would love to see him in place of Stafford. But, sadly, imo the Sabres still need a real #1 center.

SkateZilla
01-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Sabres need to buy out the 8.5 Million of Dead weight on the roster before they do anything.

JATMtheJATM
01-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Sabres need to buy out the 8.5 Million of Dead weight on the roster before they do anything.

you mean before they make trades prior to this deadline?

they wont buy out leino or stafford during the season. i dont even expect them to buy out stafford at all. leino, ive read, will be bought out this summer.

swiper
01-29-2014, 05:23 AM
So much for the credibility of your Mike Straw:

Chad Graff (https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/427904210504404992): The price tag for Ryan Miller is too high right now and the Wild don’t want to give up a lot for a rental. Have been told that the Wild are “absolutely not” trading Charlie Coyle or Mikael Granlund.

swiper
01-29-2014, 05:26 AM
More rumors published yesterday:

William DePaoli (https://twitter.com/TIOPS_DePaoli/status/427867142126436352): Clear that Penguins coach Dan Bylsma would endorse the addition of winger Matt Moulson. The Penguins do like him, but they expect a bidding war for him.

Chad Graff of the Pioneer Press (http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_25005597/minnesota-wild-trade-deadline-not-big-deal-this): The Wild sent two prospects and two picks to the Sabres last year for Jason Pominville and are less likely to make a deal involves their young prospects.

“I wouldn’t rule anything out, but those deals are hard to make,” general manager Chuck Fletcher said. “It’s tough to give up multiple assets on a yearly basis and stay competitive long-term, so you’re balancing the long term with the short term. Certainly, we’re happy with the deal last year, but that’s a difficult deal to make on a yearly basis.

“Any deal (we do) has to make sense in the long- and the short-term perspective, in my opinion, for where we’re at in the arch of our franchise.”

Barring an injury to Darcy Keumper and Niklas Backstrom, it’s unlikely the Wild would make a trade Ryan Miller, someone who they wouldn’t be interested in re-signing. The Wild are optimistic that Josh Harding will be able to re-join the team after the Olympic break.

Bob McKenzie (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/427847860613177346): Though there are lots of Ryan Miller rumors, McKenzie doesn’t sense anything if imminent. Things can obviously (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/427848371059961856) change quickly. (late morning yesterday)

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2014, 06:11 AM
So much for the credibility of your Mike Straw:

youll notice i said to take it with a grain of salt.

swiper
01-29-2014, 06:59 AM
youll notice i said to take it with a grain of salt.

I did. But IIRC, you've posted stuff from him before. Everybody believed Eklund and that other hockey guy on Twitter at first. Buyer beware.

And, FWIW, who knows the credibility of the rumor I posted going against it? :angel:

The reporter "had been told..." It's not like he's giving a direct quote from someone in the front office by name.

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2014, 07:12 AM
I did. But IIRC, you've posted stuff from him before. Everybody believed Eklund and that other hockey guy on Twitter at first. Buyer beware.

And, FWIW, who knows the credibility of the rumor I posted going against it? :angel:

The reporter "had been told..." It's not like he's giving a direct quote from someone in the front office by name.

i will still follow straw. hes been a good person to get info from so far. who knows whatll happen. hence why we gotta take these rumors with a grain.

i dont doubt he got that rumor. who knows where he got it.

sukie
01-29-2014, 09:00 AM
5 pages... Cannot sift through it all... Were there any trades or is there just more blowing?

swiper
01-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Nothing (http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/3772496+_8e32d6457fae765e0c3337dcd472e67e.gif) yet.

DetDannyWilliams
01-29-2014, 11:27 AM
HTM on Sirius/XM said that things have really heated up with Washington and Miller, "Washington was in Buffalo last night and Murray had a long talk with a scout of the Capitals and Washington says that the have offered a pick and a prospect for Miller but the Sabres want a player that will help the club NOW as well." Also the Blues are said to be interested in Miller and said that they would give up a couple of prospects but NO DRAFT CHOICE.

Downinfloflo
01-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Sounds like all the NHL GM's know the Sabres have their backs against the wall with Miller.

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2014, 02:03 PM
TSN.ca says minnesota is waiting to hear back about hardings health. apparently, miller to minnesota is indeed in play.

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=442460

Downinfloflo
01-29-2014, 02:20 PM
The wild don't want to give up any prospects tho.

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2014, 02:32 PM
gotta give to get

Downinfloflo
01-29-2014, 02:39 PM
gotta give to get

Indeed...That's why the GM's will be waiting...They know the Sabres are not in a position to play hard ball.

The longer they wait it out, The lower the price, There is no bidding war going on for Miller as good as he's playing.

Sabres either take what they can get, Or lose him for nothing.

coastal
01-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Indeed...That's why the GM's will be waiting...They know the Sabres are not in a position to play hard ball.

The longer they wait it out, The lower the price, There is no bidding war going on for Miller as good as he's playing.

Sabres either take what they can get, Or lose him for nothing.actually I've read Washington is interested. St. Louis is one team that I've consistently read won't spend the farm to get him.

Downinfloflo
01-29-2014, 02:44 PM
actually I've read Washington is interested. St. Louis is one team that I've consistently read won't spend the farm to get him.

From what I have read myself, Sounds like Washington is the most serious unless the Islanders jump in.

The problem with Washington and the Islanders, Will they be able to get Miller to resign in the east?

The whole UFA thing is what's scaring teams off at the moment.

So they don't want to over pay for someone who will only be on the team for a few weeks.

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2014, 02:47 PM
From what I have read myself, Sounds like Washington is the most serious unless the Islanders jump in.

The problem with Washington and the Islanders, Will they be able to get Miller to resign in the east?

So they don't want to over pay for someone who will only be on the team for a few weeks.

its not like its uncommon to trade UFAs as rentals at the deadline. and many of the UFAs dont resign after the trade. not uncommon. look at the rags. looks like they might trade pending UFA callahan. probably get a nice return too.

coastal
01-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Agreed... I've also seen some rumblings of Pitt being in play.

also... LeTang might be moved because of his contract.

Downinfloflo
01-29-2014, 02:54 PM
its not like its uncommon to trade UFAs as rentals at the deadline. and many of the UFAs dont resign after the trade. not uncommon. look at the rags. looks like they might trade pending UFA callahan. probably get a nice return too.

But Ryan Miller is a goalie, you can only play one of those at a time.

Callahan wants over $6 mill a year for 7 years...CYA!!

Girardi is a top pair blue liner who would also bring a nice return.

I would be fine with trading them both if they can't agree on a reasonable contract.

Could set the Rangers up nicely for the long haul.

DetDannyWilliams
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Bucky Gleason is at it again tweets...Hackett up sooner than later! Sabres have to see what he has before even thinking about trading Miller, Sabres ready to dump Enroth? "It's hard to win with this team" that quote might have been the one that might've broke the camels back. Enroth has only one win this whole season 1-11

JATMtheJATM
01-29-2014, 03:07 PM
But Ryan Miller is a goalie, you can only play one of those at a time.

Callahan wants over $6 mill a year for 7 years...CYA!!

Girardi is a top pair blue liner who would also bring a nice return.

I would be fine with trading them both if they can't agree on a reasonable contract.

Could set the Rangers up nicely for the long haul.

and an upgrade in goal could be the key to a teams run. look at edmonton in 2006. washington isnt a playoff team without a goalie. so trading for one makes sense. a non lottery first for miller seems fair.

- - - Updated - - -

Bucky Gleason is at it again tweets...Hackett up sooner than later! Sabres have to see what he has before even thinking about trading Miller, Sabres ready to dump Enroth? "It's hard to win with this team" that quote might have been the one that might've broke the camels back. Enroth has only one win this whole season 1-11

hacketts a good talent. starter material, if he can keep his emotions under control.

Ginger Vitis
01-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Bucky Gleason is at it again tweets...Hackett up sooner than later! Sabres have to see what he has before even thinking about trading Miller,

And what Hackett has shown in Rochester this year has been comme ci comme ca(Translation..so so)

Skooby
01-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Any updates ?

trapezeus
01-30-2014, 02:09 PM
if miller, pominville and vanek end up in Minny and win a cup......i swear to god, i don't know what i'll do with myself. Thinking of reiger laughing that he was right all along.

Skooby
01-30-2014, 03:16 PM
if miller, pominville and vanek end up in Minny and win a cup......i swear to god, i don't know what i'll do with myself. Thinking of reiger laughing that he was right all along.

Odds of that happening, .00001%.

mightysimi
01-30-2014, 07:16 PM

I'm pretty sure there was no one on the buffalo teams resembling Parise, Koivu and Suter.

JATMtheJATM
01-30-2014, 08:14 PM

regier was right. in 2006. was dumb luck, but he was right. the sabres were the class of the NHL that season. injuries did them in. it happens.

Skooby
01-30-2014, 08:26 PM
regier was right. in 2006. was dumb luck, but he was right. the sabres were the class of the NHL that season. injuries did them in. it happens.

Losing your whole starting defense is hard to overcome in one season.

Meathead
01-31-2014, 08:18 AM

lets make a pact right now to kill each other if that happens

DetDannyWilliams
01-31-2014, 11:21 AM
TSN McKenzie tweet...Ryan Miller's NTC list includes all Eastern Conference teams, He wants to go out West, only Western Conference teams needing goalies Minn. and St. Louis

JATMtheJATM
01-31-2014, 01:33 PM
TSN McKenzie tweet...Ryan Miller's NTC list includes all Eastern Conference teams, He wants to go out West, only Western Conference teams needing goalies Minn. and St. Louis

im not sure thats accurate. his NTC can only have up to 8 teams from my understanding.

trapezeus
01-31-2014, 03:13 PM
Wow, i guess it's 1832 and Minny and St louis is so much closer to his wife than buffalo. It's still a long flight to LA from those towns.

Skooby
01-31-2014, 05:04 PM
Wow, i guess it's 1832 and Minny and St louis is so much closer to his wife than buffalo. It's still a long flight to LA from those towns.

Those cities have drastically more flights out west than most Eastern cities do, unless it's of course NYC or Miami international.

swiper
01-31-2014, 06:31 PM

Yeah. That's not even close to being correct.

Meathead
01-31-2014, 07:11 PM
so you gonna make us guess or you gonna explain oh mr ntc swami

Meathead
01-31-2014, 07:12 PM
im still hoping they manage to keep miller but i realize that chance is shrinking by the minnit

WagonCircler
01-31-2014, 08:34 PM

I had the same thought, but I guess Minny and StL at least make a lot more trips out to play the Kings and Ducks, etc.

I've made my peace with him being gone and I'm really looking forward to watching Patty and Co. spend the war chest of draft picks. As long as the team is playing hard the way they have lately, I can even tolerate another year of tankage.

If they play their cards right, they're in a position to build a dynasty.

swiper
02-01-2014, 12:09 AM
so you gonna make us guess or you gonna explain oh mr ntc swami

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/notrades.html

Skooby
02-01-2014, 08:57 AM
The up to 8 teams thing is just so open ended, wow.

DetDannyWilliams
02-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Burnside tweets...asking price for Moulson 1st and prospect

The Jokeman
02-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Burnside tweets...asking price for Moulson 1st and prospect

Why are we being so greedy? Take the prospect and forget about the pick as how many damn picks do we really need? Especially if the prospect can be a top 6 guy. I mean to me we have two quality top 6 guys in CoHo and Zemgus. Grigo is still a question mark but has the chance to be one. Assuming we land Sam Reinhart then there's 4 guys.

DetDannyWilliams
02-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Eric Schmitz ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(177, 187, 195); ">@</s>3rdManIn (https://twitter.com/3rdManIn)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: static; float: none; margin-top: 0px; "> 33m (https://twitter.com/3rdManIn/status/430868061285924864)</small>
Bob McKenzie says on NHL on the Fly that "double digit" teams are interested in Moulson, even more interested in Ott. <s style="text-decoration: none; ">#</s>Sabres (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Sabres&src=hash)

JATMtheJATM
02-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Why are we being so greedy? Take the prospect and forget about the pick as how many damn picks do we really need? Especially if the prospect can be a top 6 guy. I mean to me we have two quality top 6 guys in CoHo and Zemgus. Grigo is still a question mark but has the chance to be one. Assuming we land Sam Reinhart then there's 4 guys.

you can never have too many picks or prospects. the sabres should get all they can.

Skooby
02-04-2014, 08:07 PM
you can never have too many picks or prospects. the sabres should get all they can.

When you have almost nothing, you have to try & improve.

Downinfloflo
02-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Sabres are going to be a CHL team next year if they don't do something.

Murray will move some of his picks for NHL ready talent, I doubt him and Pat would be dumb enough to field a team of children.

JATMtheJATM
02-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Sabres are going to be a CHL team next year if they don't do something.

Murray will move some of his picks for NHL ready talent, I doubt him and Pat would be dumb enough to field a team of children.

i expect them to, but without moving high picks and prospects.

swiper
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
From today:

Bob McKenzie: A lot of teams are calling the Sabres about Steve Ott, maybe more so than Matt Moulson. Other Sabres who could be on the move are Ryan Miller, Henrik Tallinder, Drew Stafford and Cody McCormick.

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 05:52 PM
NBC guys said Sabres have had no talks with Ryan Miller about a contract or a trade.

Pretty messed up to treat your best player that way after he's been with the franchise for 11 years.

SpillerThrills
02-05-2014, 06:09 PM
NBC guys said Sabres have had no talks with Ryan Miller about a contract or a trade.

Pretty messed up to treat your best player that way after he's been with the franchise for 11 years.

You actually listen to the idiots at NBC???

coastal
02-05-2014, 06:16 PM
It's not messed up. It's a business and they're in the process if rebuilding.

I'm sure they know Miller isn't a part of their plans just as miller knows the Sabres aren't part of his plan moving forward.

might as well get anything you can for him at this point.

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 06:17 PM
You actually listen to the idiots at NBC???

They know more then all of us here think we do.

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 06:20 PM
It's not messed up. It's a business and they're in the process if rebuilding.

I'm sure they know Miller isn't a part of their plans just as miller knows the Sabres aren't part of his plan moving forward.

might as well get anything you can for him at this point.

Not having a conversation with an 11 year veteran of your franchise is messed up.Business or not, It's not standard practice in the NHL.

Sounds like everyone on the roster is available for trade if Murray likes what he hears.

coastal
02-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Not having a conversation with an 11 year veteran of your franchise is messed up.Business or not, It's not standard practice in the NHL.

Sounds like everyone on the roster is available for trade if Murray likes what he hears.
The conversations have probably already happened dude.

Miller has on some level communicated his desire to move on.

Whats is there to talk about?

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 06:30 PM
The conversations have probably already happened dude.

Miller has on some level communicated his desire to move on.

Whats is there to talk about?

JR was saying no one from the Sabres had a conversation with him about staying or going.

Yeah he's communicated it through the Sabres post game interviews....LOL

UT-O JR called Tyler Myers an under-achiever.

Ginger Vitis
02-05-2014, 07:10 PM
The local media(WGR) have claimed there has been a offer made to Miller and it's been on the table for awhile

coastal
02-05-2014, 07:21 PM
JR was saying no one from the Sabres had a conversation with him about staying or going.

I heard that too. He hasn't become a franchise d like many thought he would become.

as far as miller... miller isn't staying in buffalo. The Sabres know it. Everyone knows it.

Like ive asked... wtf conversations are they going to have?

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 08:05 PM
I heard that too. He hasn't become a franchise d like many thought he would become.

as far as miller... miller isn't staying in buffalo. The Sabres know it. Everyone knows it.

Like ive asked... wtf conversations are they going to have?

Really?

You have a new front office and you don't even talk to your franchise goalie that's going to be a ****ing UFA?

It's simple, You sit him down and ask him, Any chance we can resign you Ryan? And what would it take?

You don't just ignore the guy and say "Every one and their mother knows" It's piss poor management.

coastal
02-05-2014, 08:12 PM
You're everything the Sabres organization does is poor mgmt schtick is tired.

Lafontaine, Murray and Patrick have been around a longtime.

I don't think they're ****ing up.

DraftBoy
02-05-2014, 08:13 PM

These things often get blown out of proportion and are leaked by one side to create artificial sympathy. Miller may not have been talked to but I can guarantee you his agent has.

Way overblown.

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 08:16 PM
You're everything the Sabres organization does is poor mgmt schtick is tired.

Lafontaine, Murray and Patrick have been around a longtime.

I don't think they're ****ing up.

And they NEVER done this before.

As for the Sabres...The franchise speaks for it's self.Fools Gold

Just like the Bills..And you point that out all the time so STFU...LOL

- - - Updated - - -

These things often get blown out of proportion and are leaked by one side to create artificial sympathy. Miller may not have been talked to but I can guarantee you his agent has.

Way overblown.

That's true, But you would think two rookies would talk to their franchise player face to face.

coastal
02-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Just like the Bills..And you point that out all the time so STFU...LOLyoure just hating at this point.

Trust me... if what I was seeing was BS in the makings... Id be crying foul too.

that's just not how I see it. They have good hockey people running the show... really good hockey people. Even Nolan has the team (as ****ty as it is) bought into the program and each other, in spite of many of the leaders possibly being traded here shortly.

It's also not a one headed Darcy monster.

The organization appears to be structured extremely well with good people in place. Let's see what they do within that structure now.

Or just keep on hating for no REASON whatsoever.

Downinfloflo
02-05-2014, 08:29 PM
I am YOU...Talking about the Sabres the same way you talk about the Bills. (I watch ever Sabres game, And have done so for years)

Nothing I have posted has been without reason.But if you want to make thing's up that's fine by me.

You just want to be surrounded by those who validate you're feelings and I don't do that, My bad.

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2014, 08:33 PM

id completely agree. myers has been disappointing for how much skill he has and size he has. but, he has been coming around this season for the most part, but its a work in progress.

coastal
02-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I am YOU...Talking about the Sabres the same way you talk about the Bills. (I watch ever Sabres game, And have done so for years)

Nothing I have posted has been without reason.But if you want to make thing's up that's fine by me.

You just want to be surrounded by those who validate you're feelings and I don't do that, My bad.This has nothing to do with having my feelings validated. If I need that I'll go do a skate and shoot with my son.

Listen... I've grown up around this game and know it pretty well.

here is my honest assessment of the Sabres right now...

they have the makings of a great organization but have ****ty players.

They will have plenty of opportunity over the next couple of years to correct that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

personally I hope they sign Callahan draft Ekblad, trade for Reimer and suck sack again next year... in the hopes of getting a shot at at least Eichel.

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2014, 09:08 PM
This has nothing to do with having my feelings validated. If I need that I'll go do a skate and shoot with my son.

They will have plenty of opportunity over the next couple of years to correct that.

personally I hope they sign Callahan draft Ekblad, trade for Reimer and suck sack again next year... in the hopes of getting a shot at at least Eichel.

why reimer? shoot, give the crease to hackett. kids got oodles of talent. sink or swim, baby.

enroth is decent but nothing special.

- - - Updated - - -

This has nothing to do with having my feelings validated. If I need that I'll go do a skate and shoot with my son.

why reimer? shoot, give the crease to hackett. kids got oodles of talent. sink or swim, baby.

enroth is decent but nothing special.

DraftBoy
02-06-2014, 07:23 AM
That's true, But you would think two rookies would talk to their franchise player face to face.

Why? That's not their job.

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2014, 08:34 AM
Really?

You have a new front office and you don't even talk to your franchise goalie that's going to be a ****ing UFA?

It's simple, You sit him down and ask him, Any chance we can resign you Ryan? And what would it take?

You don't just ignore the guy and say "Every one and their mother knows" It's piss poor management.

My god do you think they havent talked to him 50 times by now?

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2014, 09:58 AM

Why Eblad when we are DYING for talent up front and fully stocked with young talent on the back end? Is he that much better than Rinehart or Bennett?

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2014, 10:05 AM
ekblad probably has the highest ceiling. reinhart will be a first line player most likely, but ekblad is a potential superstar. like shea weber or chris pronger. he could be an elite dman down the line.

im ok with either ekblad or reinhart. i go back and forth constantly on the two. on one hand, we need offensive forwards and are already stacked at D. on the other, you take the best player. im torn.

Ginger Vitis
02-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Why Eblad when we are DYING for talent up front and fully stocked with young talent on the back end? Is he that much better than Rinehart or Bennett?

He isn't miles better than the 2 'Sams" but some do think he is the No.1 prospect. A defensemen with Ekblad's size and skill are rare. At the end of the day the Sabres should take BPA '

THATHURMANATOR
02-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks guys.

DetDannyWilliams
02-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Just like the Bills..And you point that out all the time so STFU...LOL

Patrick has...
In 1980, he became director of operations for the New York Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Rangers) and in 1981 became the youngest general manager in Rangers history. He also served as head coach of the Rangers for parts of two seasons (1980–81 and 1984–85).
He was named general manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Penguins) on December 5, 1989. During his tenure, the Penguins won two Stanley Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup) championships, one President's Trophy, and five division titles. Patrick also served as head coach of the Penguins twice, during the 1989–90 and 1996–97 seasons. n 1990, he spent his first round draft pick on Czechoslovakian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovakian) forward Jaromir Jagr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarom%C3%ADr_J%C3%A1gr).
After the 2004–05 lockout, in the 2005 off-season, Patrick drafted teen phenomenon Sidney Crosby (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Crosby) with the first overall pick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Patrick
- - - Updated - - -

sukie
02-06-2014, 03:10 PM
kay... Enough of this thread title.. There is obviously no 'blowing" only BLOWING.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2014, 03:56 PM
kay... Enough of this thread title.. There is obviously no 'blowing" only BLOWING.

feel free to excuse yourself from the thread.

DetDannyWilliams
02-06-2014, 03:58 PM
TSN 1200 ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(177, 187, 195); ">@</s>TSN1200 (https://twitter.com/TSN1200)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: static; float: none; margin-top: 0px; "> 1h (https://twitter.com/TSN1200/status/431516199059329024)</small>Sabres GM Tim Murray joins the Drive to ahead of tonight's tilt with The Sens http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/19541/hr1-2.mp3 … (http://t.co/uVaRGBztkN)

some good info including him saying outright the deals he is working on he's trying to get 2015 picks

Skooby
02-06-2014, 05:14 PM
TSN 1200 ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(177, 187, 195); ">@</s>TSN1200 (https://twitter.com/TSN1200)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: static; float: none; margin-top: 0px; "> 1h (https://twitter.com/TSN1200/status/431516199059329024)</small>Sabres GM Tim Murray joins the Drive to ahead of tonight's tilt with The Sens http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/19541/hr1-2.mp3 … (http://t.co/uVaRGBztkN)

some good info including him saying outright the deals he is working on he's trying to get 2015 picks

We need someone else who might get a lottery pick for 2015, besides ourselves.

Ginger Vitis
02-06-2014, 05:21 PM

The Sabres have already made a trade with a teams possible 2015 1st Round lottery pick lol well maybe..

swiper
02-06-2014, 05:58 PM
ROFL. I couldn't figure out where 2 pages came from after my last post. I see coastal and floflo are having a heated intercourse.

swiper
02-06-2014, 06:07 PM
More....

Paul Hamilton (https://twitter.com/pham1717/status/431164082197381120): Sabres GM Tim Murray said he’s had talks with teams about Ryan Miller, including on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mike Harrington (https://twitter.com/BNHarrington/status/431195875579133952): Scouting the Sabres – Penguins: Oilers, Blackhawks, Flyers, Avs, Bruins, Predators, Jets, Blues Stars, Maple Leafs, Canucks, Sharks, Panthers, Red Wings (2), Senators and Lightning.

Pierre LeBrun (http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/29065/rumblings-will-vanek-be-moved-soon): The Islanders have taken a number of calls onThomas Vanek and he could be dealt by tomorrow, but it’s far from certain. Vanek’s agent confirmed with ESPN that he’ll likely be testing out the free agent market. Asking price could be any three of a 1st round pick, prospects or a player. If one of the assets is high enough, it could only take two assets and not three. GM Garth Snow still hopes to sign him. The Kings are one team watching the situation, but Matt Moulson may be their top target. There are also reports of Sam Gagner and Mike Cammalleri interesting them.

Brett Cyrgalis (http://nypost.com/2014/02/05/islanders-vanek-determined-to-reach-free-agency/): Vanek on testing the open market for the first time in his career.

“I like it here in the organization, but there’s more to it than that,” Vanek told The Post on Wednesday, his team coming off a much-needed 1-0 win over the Capitals in Washington the night before and preparing for the Flames at the Coliseum on Thursday. “It’s the business part of it, and sometimes it sucks.”

“For me right now, hopefully I can stay here and finish the year, and if I get moved, I understand that side of it, too,” Vanek said. “But right now, I feel like I want to hit free agency.”

There is still a small chance that the Islanders will be able to re-sign him this summer.

“I think the chances are a lot higher now that I have been here, that’s for sure,” he said. “They’re definitely a team I would like to look again in the summer, but for me, being a little selfish I guess, I just want to hit [free agency] once.”

Skooby
02-06-2014, 06:31 PM
The Isles much needed win moved them up to 27th in the standings, phew.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
those wont be a dime dozen. firsts next year hold more value. its a deep draft with a generational player (possibly)

this year has 3 potential superstars, but nothing like next year.

Skooby
02-06-2014, 07:04 PM
those wont be a dime dozen. firsts next year hold more value. its a deep draft with a generational player (possibly)

this year has 3 potential superstars, but nothing like next year.

Well hopefully the Isles take their 5th pick or so this draft & completely crash so we can use their early pick next year.

Downinfloflo
02-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie)<small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: static; float: none; margin-top: 0px;"> 32m (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/431879725632352256)</small>
In case you were wondering, BUF, which may be a busy team leading up to trade deadline, didn't make a move by today's 3 pm deadline.

They did put Omark on waivers tho.

JATMtheJATM
01-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Bump. Rumors are Fletcher and Murray were talking trade that would send enroth to Minnesota. However, both GMs deny this report. But we shall see.

Downinfloflo
01-03-2015, 11:13 PM
Makes sense, Enroth is the better of the two by far, Can't have that in a tank season.

You trade the goalie that is 11-13-2 in favor of the goalie that is 3-10-1 and has looked like **** his whole career.

pmoon6
01-04-2015, 07:03 AM
I see coastal and floflo are having a heated intercourse.Be quiet. Those boys are on the down low.

Nobody is supposed to know.

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Bump for a rumor? I guess?
http://thehockeypress.ca/posts/12414213/nhl-trade-rumors--james-van-riemsdyk-to-chicago-blackhawks--very-close----scott-hartnell-to-new-york-rangers---keith-yandle-to-columbus-blue-jackets---tyler-ennis-matt-dumba-trade-info.html

Ginger Vitis
02-13-2016, 04:14 PM
The only extensive time Ive seen Dumba play was at the 2014 WJC and he took many dumb penalties.. But if they only have to give up Tyler Ennis go for it why not cross your fingers Dumba will figure it out and play better in his own end

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2016, 04:18 PM
I've read some great things about dumba.

YardRat
02-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Why does it say Ennis to Minnesota, Dumba to Columbus?

JATMtheJATM
02-14-2016, 01:35 AM
Why does it say Ennis to Minnesota, Dumba to Columbus?

There's a bjs rumour above it?

DetDannyWilliams
02-14-2016, 08:46 AM
WGR550 Sabres Pregame Murray addressed the media and says that "he has not talked to Tyler or his agent about any trade"

JATMtheJATM
02-14-2016, 11:15 AM
WGR550 Sabres Pregame Murray addressed the media and says that "he has not talked to Tyler or his agent about any trade"

Yeah, like anyone believes what you say