PDA

View Full Version : Replacement DC

lmcshadow
01-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Just to give it some thought who would by a good replacment just in case Pettine gets the job?

Ginger Vitis
01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Donnie Henderson

Mace
01-15-2014, 07:47 PM
Buddy Ryan.

T-Long
01-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Jauron for sure

BillsImpossible
01-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Wade Phillips? Oh wait, Ralph sued him.

SpikedLemonade
01-15-2014, 08:04 PM
Whoever is already in WNY at perhaps UB or Syracuse.

No stone unturned (as long as it is in WNY).

Mace
01-15-2014, 09:44 PM

I can do this. Oh I can do this, you want to see blitz and the fall down in front of the guy with the ball rushing D ? Trying to be the Browns HC though.

lmcshadow
01-15-2014, 09:45 PM
LOL!!

DraftBoy
01-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Ray Horton, no question.

DieHrdBillsFan23
01-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Ray Horton, without question

sukie
01-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Don't care if he was a Oline coach... We need to see this guy on the sidelines again... He's a young 66

http://i47.tinypic.com/n2d0tt.jpg

It's all about entertainmnet and not winning afterall.

Ed
01-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Ray Horton is likely to re-unite with Wisenhunt in Tennessee.

What's Ted Cottrell up to these days?

TigerJ
01-16-2014, 03:29 PM
If not a guy like Ray Horton, I think the Bills would be better off sticking to the Rex Ryan/Mike Pettine coaching tree for the sake of continuity. As per a column by Chris Brown at the Bills' web site, Pettine is not the favorite for the Cleveland job, so hopefully all the speculating is unnecessary.

The Jokeman
01-16-2014, 04:40 PM
If not a guy like Ray Horton, I think the Bills would be better off sticking to the Rex Ryan/Mike Pettine coaching tree for the sake of continuity. As per a column by Chris Brown at the Bills' web site, Pettine is not the favorite for the Cleveland job, so hopefully all the speculating is unnecessary.

From all the reports I've read it seems like Cleveland wants to nab the Broncos OC if the rumors of Josh McDaniels has in fact turned them down. In terms of Ryan/Pettine ties the Jets current DC Dennis Thurman is actually expired and so is their D-line coach's Karl Dunbar so we could try to lure one of them. Another name that doesn't have direct ties to Pettine or Ryan but might get some play is Ted Monachino who was rumored to be in the running for the Eagles DC position last year and gotten rave reviews from John Harbaugh in Baltimore since replacing Pettine.

Ed
01-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Chris Brown speculated on possible replacements for Pettine from the current coaching staff in his last fan friday blog. Here's what he said:

I respect and understand your concern with respect to Buffalo’s defensive coordinator. Mike Pettine is a sharp mind, who in time should be getting head coaching interview opportunities.
The good news is I do see two future defensive coordinator candidates on Buffalo’s defensive staff. I believe both defensive line coach Anthony Weaver and OLBs coach Jim O’Neil have the pedigree to eventually be defensive coordinators in the NFL.
The problem is Weaver and O’Neil have both worked with Pettine for some time now, and would likely be offered a position by Pettine if he was named a head coach elsewhere. My guess is whoever is not offered the defensive coordinator job by Pettine when he’s named a head coach somewhere else in the league down the road, should be the coach targeted to be promoted to defensive coordinator with Buffalo.

Night Train
01-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Kate Upton

DC means D Cup, right ?

Mace
01-16-2014, 05:52 PM
To actually be serious, Horton would be best, he runs an aggressive 3-4. I say best because of "aggressive", Pettine and the Ryan tree run 4-6 hybrid, if Pettine took the Cleveland job, and I don't think he will because he's not stupid, no offense to Browns fans but they have an issue in the FO, where if Pettine sits a year or two successfully, he'll be number 1 candidate instead of 7th interview with his pick of teams.....Pettine would take Henderson and OLB guy with him.

Henderson, a very experienced coach, worked one year with Pettine. Wouldn't be the same defense, which leads us back into the horror of changing defenses.

Pettine is not that dumb, Adam Gase is, fully inflated by Peyton Manning, and will be the next coach of the Cleveland Browns much to his ruin as he attempts to rein in an uncooperative Manziel, living as large in Cleveland as anyone can.

The Jokeman
01-16-2014, 06:00 PM
To actually be serious, Horton would be best, he runs an aggressive 3-4. I say best because of "aggressive", Pettine and the Ryan tree run 4-6 hybrid, if Pettine took the Cleveland job, and I don't think he will because he's not stupid, no offense to Browns fans but they have an issue in the FO, where if Pettine sits a year or two successfully, he'll be number 1 candidate instead of 7th interview with his pick of teams.....Pettine would take Henderson and OLB guy with him.

Henderson, a very experienced coach, worked one year with Pettine. Wouldn't be the same defense, which leads us back into the horror of changing defenses.

Pettine is not that dumb, Adam Gase is, fully inflated by Peyton Manning, and will be the next coach of the Cleveland Browns much to his ruin as he attempts to rein in an uncooperative Manziel, living as large in Cleveland as anyone can.
Ugh Donnie was a bad DC with the Jets. Much like the current Bills they seemed to be above average against the pass but dreadful against the rush.

Mace
01-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Ugh Donnie was a bad DC with the Jets. Much like the current Bills they seemed to be above average against the pass but dreadful against the rush.

Agree, if he was going anywhere in his career, he would have already.

BertSquirtgum
01-16-2014, 07:18 PM
I hope the Browns don't hire him because I like them and I sincerely hope they become good one day. I don't believe Pettine will be the guy to turn that franchise around. Granted, I don't really know who could/will.

coastal
01-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Chris Brown speculated on possible replacements for Pettine from the current coaching staff in his last fan friday blog. Here's what he said:
Plus u can get em cheap...

BertSquirtgum
01-16-2014, 07:25 PM
Ray Horton, no question.

Nailed it.

Mace
01-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Nailed it.

Yeah ? Why, Mr. Football ? Please explain ?

BertSquirtgum
01-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah ? Why, Mr. Football ? Please explain ?

because he is black and has corn rows.

User Manuel
01-17-2014, 06:41 AM
If Pettine gets Browns job I would bet the house on Schiano as the DC here.

GingerP
01-17-2014, 10:14 AM
What's Ted Cottrell up to these days?

He works for the league office. He is one of the guys who handles player appeals for fines. Not sure what else he does there.

stuckincincy
01-17-2014, 11:34 AM
If Pettine gets Browns job I would bet the house on Schiano as the DC here.

Oh my. Wouldn't that inspire the clubhouse? :anvil:

User Manuel
01-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I am betting Mario would be an unhappy man.....

Generalissimus Gibby
01-17-2014, 01:49 PM

Huntingdon College's Water boy

Mace
01-17-2014, 06:14 PM
because he is black and has corn rows.

You win, this time.

GingerP
01-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Ray Horton is likely to re-unite with Wisenhunt in Tennessee.

It is official, Horton signed with Tennessee.

lmcshadow
01-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Better take this serious Pettine just got a secound shot will interview again.