PDA

View Full Version : Grigorengo decision was made because of Olympic break

DetDannyWilliams
01-15-2014, 08:17 PM
The kid needs to play. And we're coming up on a month where he wouldn't see much ice if he was still in the NHL.

"One of the big parts of the decision is that once the Olympics come around if he's not playing in Rochester, he's sitting around for 20 days," LaFontaine said. "A player at 19 years of age needs to develop. He needs to be playing. You also want to put a player in a position to succeed. Maybe he's played a few years already there and done very well, but he hasn't won a Memorial Cup yet."

LaFontaine said the message to Grigorenko was clear --
go to Quebec, play 20-25 minutes a game including power play time, improve his all-around skills to become a 200-foot player and try to become a leader on a championship team.

"We're doing what we think is best to help develop our players and care for them and what they need," LaFontaine said.
"I really think under the circumstances we're doing the best thing.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2014/01/lafontaine-on-grigorenko-nhl-olympic-break-factored-into-decision.html

love how Pat LaLa just comes out and says it! He doesn't dance around the question like the old Sabres organization did cough Regier. Sabres future is bright :candle:

Skooby
01-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah, in a fee years we might be decent.

Meathead
01-17-2014, 04:45 PM
theyve painted a pretty crystal clear pic for grigs. now go get it gorby

JATMtheJATM
01-17-2014, 05:08 PM
theyve painted a pretty crystal clear pic for grigs. now go get it gorby

no. the picture is unbelievably cloudy in so many ways.

http://sabrenoise.com/2014/01/16/mikhail-grigorenko-still-getting-toyed-nhl/

quebec loaned grigo to the SEL to finish out the season in the swedish elite league. the top euro pro league. the NHL stepped in, and nixed it. no reason why. no clue why. the transfer is legit. but the NHL nixed it.

i feel horrible for this kid. he could have played in a league that is slightly higher then the AHL.

JATMtheJATM
01-17-2014, 05:36 PM
sorry, finland. not sweden

Meathead
01-17-2014, 08:12 PM
they cant just say no and not have an explanation. it should be coming presently even if its lame as i would expect

Meathead
01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
sure it blows whats happened to him but ѕhit happens, man up and do what you gotta do where you are. have some freakin perspective and patience, be a professional. lock him in a room with matt ellis every night until he gets an attitude adjustment

coastal
01-17-2014, 08:26 PM
In retrospect... he is just a 19 y.o. kid...

JATMtheJATM
01-17-2014, 08:39 PM
they cant just say no and not have an explanation. it should be coming presently even if its lame as i would expect

what i think is that quebec cant loan him out, only buffalo can. so in order for him to go to finland, he would have to be released by quebec.