PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI Bills Preview

NC-BILLS44
07-15-2003, 07:45 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/preview/bills/

I didn't know we had a kicker named John Hollis.

Also, look at the players lost. Chad Cota???? He never signed, so how could we have lost him. And when did we actually loose Kenyatta Wright? Wasn't he already gone last year?

Jan Reimers
07-15-2003, 08:49 AM
NC - You're right, plus Boldin was signed in the offseason and cut before minicamp. He was about as much of a loss as Cota. You have to wonder about some of these reports.

WG
07-15-2003, 10:09 AM
What you have to wonder about is how many of our signings will make any impact.

From the list on ESPN, of all the signings from other teams/FAs, how many will make an impact?

I'll say 2, perhaps 3. Spikes b/c he's an animal, Adams b/c he fills in for a void, and possibly Posey if he works out like many of you and TD think he will.

After that there's not a player in that list that is an upgrade over what we had or who will even start besides Lindell, again, but who isn't an upgrade!

Certainly the draft did little for us this upcoming season.

So essentially, the difference between last season and this one will be the three of them w/ some differences in depth.

OL: Depth -
WR: Depth -
QB: Depth =
TE: Depth -
RB: Depth +

DL: Depth -
LB: Depth = (but not good)
DB: Depth +

BillsNYC
07-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Gash is an absolute upgrade for the kind of offense we are running this year, Centers couldn't block for $#!T, now we have one of the best blocking FB's in the league. True we lose his pass catching, but we don't need it anymore.

Gash = upgrade

ryven
07-15-2003, 11:26 AM
And again Gash can catch if need be.

mypoorfriendme
07-15-2003, 12:25 PM
id say reese will also make some sort of an impact, considering hell give PP a run for his money a the FS spot

WG
07-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
Gash is an absolute upgrade for the kind of offense we are running this year, Centers couldn't block for $#!T, now we have one of the best blocking FB's in the league. True we lose his pass catching, but we don't need it anymore.

Gash = upgrade

Correction! Gash was one of the best blocking FBs in the league years ago.

Who knows how good he'll be this year. Is he slower? Who knows. He didn't play much FB for Antoine last year. Why not? All he played was STs.

I don't see Crosby beating out Gash as any sort of reach at all. Gash is 34 and who knows what's left in the tank and how much he's lost. Crosby is a Gash clone anyway except 8 years younger.

NC-BILLS44
07-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

He didn't play much FB for Antoine last year. Why not? All he played was STs.

Maybe they didn't need a blocking FB.
If I remember correctly, A. Smith doesn't like having a FB in front of him. He likes a single back set. When the Bills implemented a two back set, he had a rough time.

Jan Reimers
07-15-2003, 01:51 PM
I think that as a blocker, Campbell is also an upgrade, similar to Gash for Centers. Gary should also contribute, because in a power running game, TH will have to take a series or two off in order to stay fresh.

Tatonka
07-15-2003, 03:03 PM
last time i checked.. gash played for baltimore last year... so what does antwain have to do with this?

venis2k1
07-15-2003, 03:41 PM
i was wondering the same thing

BillsNYC
07-15-2003, 05:01 PM
me too?

BillsNYC
07-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Correction! Gash was one of the best blocking FBs in the league years ago.

Who knows how good he'll be this year. Is he slower? Who knows.

what player in the entire NFL could you NOT say this about? Maybe Drew won't have as strong as an arm, maybe Pennington won't be as good, maybe Jason Taylor won't be as dominant. And it wasn't that long ago, it was 3 years ago. hell, 3 years ago peerless price was a nobody.

JefftheBillsfan
07-15-2003, 10:45 PM
Anyone else like our depth @ LB now at a reasonable level? Spoon/Polk/Crowell?

NC-BILLS44
07-16-2003, 07:41 AM
That is correct. Gash was with the Ravens last year, mainly on special teams. Maybe they brought him in to help Crosby and ST.