X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2985
    • Mar 2004

Why does everyone want Glenn to change positions

I read many comment on here talking move him inside and bleacher reports talks about taking Robinson from auburn and move Glenn to the other side. He does good at LT. Seriously don't understand it
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Why does everyone want Glenn to change positions

Not everyone wants to move Glenn, just the IDIOTS.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lefty2985 View Post
      I read many comment on here talking move him inside and bleacher reports talks about taking Robinson from auburn and move Glenn to the other side. He does good at LT. Seriously don't understand it
      It's called putting the best group of talent on the field as you can. As while Glenn has played good at LT many predicted coming out he's be an above average guard in the pros so it just gives you a better O-line across the board.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
        Not everyone wants to move Glenn, just the IDIOTS.
        Idiots or forward thinkers, seriously, if we could have an above average LG and above average LT would you do it? Most say yes and I will admit Glenn has played better at LT than I'd ever imagine the idea he can be even better at LG and we can also have an above average LT makes me happier. I'm not sure how old you are but let's not forget that Joe Devlin moved from Tackle to Guard in able to let House Ballard play. Were you against that move too?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

I'd like the ability to run the ball & pass at will, that will more likely to happen when fielding a great O-line.

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

You don't mess with a stud LT that is developing into one of the games best, unless you're a "message board GM".

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Or if you're the Bills, you quickly decline to pay him and let him go to the Eagles.
              Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
              You don't mess with a stud LT that is developing into one of the games best, unless you're a "message board GM".

Comment

• Jry44
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                It's called putting the best group of talent on the field as you can. As while Glenn has played good at LT many predicted coming out he's be an above average guard in the pros so it just gives you a better O-line across the board.

Of course! You always want the best group out there. If you are going to have a player on that line only give up 1.5 sacks on the YEAR, what position would you want him to play along that line? ( Here's a hint.... our's plays Cordy Glenns' position)....

Wouldn't you agree that a sack and a half over the course of an entire season is better than above average? Why move a very good LT away from his position so that he can be just an above average guard?

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I can understand the mindset, because I feel the same way about KW, Kiko and Byrd on the other side of the ball. The difference to me is, those three can be upgraded with a little bit different kind of player, where in Glenn's case it would be much more difficult to get somebody to play at a more effective level. I like him where he is. If we're going to upgrade a position on the oline with the thought of moving the current guy to guard, it should be the center position.

Draft conventional wisdom had Glenn being pushed inside at this level, and I'm sure some are hanging on to that.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• feldspar
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Lefty2985 View Post
                    Does anybody else see the irony that this post was created by a guy named "Lefty?"

But he's right, no pun intended.

Glenn is good where he is. No reason to replace him there. None at all.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      I can understand the mindset, because I feel the same way about KW, Kiko and Byrd on the other side of the ball. The difference to me is, those three can be upgraded with a little bit different kind of player, where in Glenn's case it would be much more difficult to get somebody to play at a more effective level. I like him where he is. If we're going to upgrade a position on the oline with the thought of moving the current guy to guard, it should be the center position.

Draft conventional wisdom had Glenn being pushed inside at this level, and I'm sure some are hanging on to that.
                      All true. But BUF was in the bottom 3rd of sacks last season. On one hand - rookie qb and substitute qbs, on the other hand, a quick-snap offense that was meant to confuse defenses and inhibit pass rushing.

Consideration of moving Glenn inside is just that, a thought that it could help overall line play. All, of course, predicated on a viable LT acquisition.

I'll add that I see clubs - in response to the rule changes - putting on more interior defensive pressure to hurry a qb before the wrs leave the 5 yard chuck zone. I'm not so sure that a top LT is as valuable as in the past. Plenty of room for debate there, eh?
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        All true. But BUF was in the bottom 3rd of sacks last season. On one hand - rookie qb and substitute qbs, on the other hand, a quick-snap offense that was meant to confuse defenses and inhibit pass rushing.

Consideration of moving Glenn inside is just that, a thought that it could help overall line play. All, of course, predicated on a viable LT acquisition.

I'll add that I see clubs - in response to the rule changes - putting on more interior defensive pressure to hurry a qb before the wrs leave the 5 yard chuck zone. I'm not so sure that a top LT is as valuable as in the past. Plenty of room for debate there, eh?
                        The game could very well evolve in that manner. Buffalo's defense this season, though, has already shown how offenses can counter that tactic...Run the ball...up the middle.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

The game could very well evolve in that manner. Buffalo's defense this season, though, has already shown how offenses can counter that tactic...Run the ball...up the middle.
                          Heeeyyyy!!! It's a passing league.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

I'll point to M. Williams' putrid number of tackles. He did little to support KW and Dareus, a sin on a club with an iffy LB corps. Now, it might have been Pettine instructing pass rush as job #1 - if so you'd think he would have wised up mid-season as the club went on to its' 5th or 6th year of giving up rush yards near or at the bottom of the barrel.

If it was MW - he should have been set down. My suspicion is that they told him to go all out for sacks, to charm the fans and justify that nutty contract.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              I'll point to M. Williams' putrid number of tackles. He did little to support KW and Dareus, a sin on a club with an iffy LB corps. Now, it might have been Pettine instructing pass rush as job #1 - if so you'd think he would have wised up mid-season as the club went on to its' 5th or 6th year of giving up rush yards near or at the bottom of the barrel.

If it was MW - he should have been set down. My suspicion is that they told him to go all out for sacks, to charm the fans and justify that nutty contract.
                              Wouldn't surprise me. But the interior of the front seven is where the problem lies. Kyle Williams is exactly the player, using exactly the tactic, that you described previously. He rushed the passer (or the RB) from the interior to disrupt or get to the QB, instead of manning up and clogging the LOS. That opened up holes on the interior for RB's. Add a light MLB that ducks and evades, and it amplifies the issue. If more teams employ that kind of strategy defensively, offenses will adjust and run the ball up the gut, successfully, as was shown against Buffalo many times this season.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X