PDA

View Full Version : Bills Are Going To Draft A Running Back - Raijon Neal?

BillsImpossible
01-18-2014, 05:24 PM
CJ Spiller can't block and Fred Jackson is approaching the expiration date for most NFL running backs. He'd like to play 3 or 4 more years, but as we all know all too well, age eventually catches up to us.

After 4 years in the NFL, CJ Spiller still has a hard time blocking and seeing open lanes. He likes to run outside, and has difficulty running between the tackles. 2014 is the last year of Spiller's contract.

The Bills can't afford to gamble and assume everything will be just fine and dandy with CJ and Fred.

They need to draft another running back in this year's draft.

5-11, 212 lbs

Rajion Neyland aka Raijun Neal - RB, Tennessee

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/504322/rajion-nea

Great balance. Great feet. Great vision. Cool name.

Look where he runs big - in between the tackles.

He instantly recognizes holes and bursts through them. Love the high step.

He's projected to be selected anywhere from round 4 to round 6.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bn9OCgeJX44?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stuckincincy
01-18-2014, 06:16 PM
The Bills led the league in runs up the middle - 71% (see the last chart of this reference):

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

YardRat
01-18-2014, 06:33 PM
I'm hoping for TJ Yeldon in '15.

YardRat
01-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Is it just me or does he look a lot like Thurman Thomas?

JoeMama
01-18-2014, 06:35 PM
RB is irrelevant in today's NFL.

They're a dime a dozen. You can find them anywhere in the draft.

All that matters is the HC/QB combo. That's it.

stuckincincy
01-18-2014, 07:07 PM

All that matters is the HC/QB combo. That's it.

Hmm...didn't rookies Lacy and Bernard help their clubs into getting into the playoffs?

JoeMama
01-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Hmm...didn't rookies Lacy and Bernard help their clubs into getting into the playoffs?

Perennial playoff teams with 2nd round RBs.

Sounds like it proves my point.

We find them in later rounds, we don't need to burn a first on one. Focus on more important positions.

YardRat
01-18-2014, 07:17 PM

We find them in later rounds, we don't need to burn a first on one. Focus on more important positions.

From the OP...

He's projected to be selected anywhere from round 4 to round 6.

Mr. Miyagi
01-18-2014, 07:21 PM
LOL Stampy this thread is a joke.

stuckincincy
01-18-2014, 07:24 PM

Er - you said dime a dozen. 2nd round picks are not dime a dozen. I didn't prove your point - you rationalized yours. No?

IlluminatusUIUC
01-19-2014, 07:26 AM
There's just something about halfbacks from Tennessee. I'd take one all day.

alohabillsfan
01-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Wait for the next pre draft event and I'm sure there will be another omg we have to draft x!

ParanoidAndroid
01-19-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping for TJ Yeldon in '15.

He's going to lose carries to Derrick Henry. That guy is unreal.

The Jokeman
01-19-2014, 10:39 AM
Er - you said dime a dozen. 2nd round picks are not dime a dozen. I didn't prove your point - you rationalized yours. No?

All he was trying to say is that you don't have to spend a 1st Round pick on a RB and find success. Back to the original topic, Raijon Neal is a guy that could very well follow suit as he won't be a 1st Round pick but might have some success in the NFL. I'm not sure if I'd be in a rush (pun intended) to use a draft pick on a RB this year. Next year definitely as it be one year closer to Spiller's contract ending and another year added to Freddie's tires.

feldspar
01-19-2014, 12:26 PM
2014 is the last year of Spiller's contract.

Actually, this isn't true.

Spiller signed a six-year contract, and 2015 is the last year of his contract. We have him for 2 more years on this deal.

I'm not too worried about RBs.

stuckincincy
01-20-2014, 11:50 AM
All he was trying to say is that you don't have to spend a 1st Round pick on a RB and find success. Back to the original topic, Raijon Neal is a guy that could very well follow suit as he won't be a 1st Round pick but might have some success in the NFL. I'm not sure if I'd be in a rush (pun intended) to use a draft pick on a RB this year. Next year definitely as it be one year closer to Spiller's contract ending and another year added to Freddie's tires.

No - unless another Adrian Peterson comes along, a 1st rounder seems a luxury late round pick for a well-stocked club.

I could see them spending a low pick on a back -Spiller's nagging injury, Freddie's age. I'd make darn sure he has decent ST creds, though. Not a priority, I agree.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 12:52 PM

All that matters is the HC/QB combo. That's it.You've got it all backwards.

OL and QBs are a dime a dozen and can be chosen anywhere in the draft. OLmen are just fat guys that stand there and look what the Pats did with Brady.

RBs and DBs are premiere players that have to be taken at the top if you want to win.

TigerJ
01-20-2014, 08:19 PM

All that matters is the HC/QB combo. That's it.It is true that running back is not the premium position it once was, few running backs are selected in the first round, and productive ones can be found in the late rounds or free agency. However, teams still have to do the research because not every back is going to have what it takes to do what a team acquired him to do.

WagonCircler
01-20-2014, 08:24 PM
OL and QBs are a dime a dozen and can be chosen anywhere in the draft..

Wow.

Do you even watch football?

JoeMama
01-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Wow.

Do you even watch football?

You're a smart guy.

Know sarcasm when you see it.

jdaltroy5
01-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Wow.

Do you even watch football?Do YOU watch football?

Name the last time a good QB won the SB. Ray Rice, Ed Reed, Brandon Jacobs, Charles Woodson, etc... those are the guys that win you championships.

I hope the sarcasm was more evident this time.

JoeMama
01-22-2014, 01:20 PM

I never want the Bills to draft an RB in the first round ever again. That's as simply as I can put it.

There's a ton of talent in the middle rounds.

jimmifli
01-22-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd rather see a guy that gets a lot of 3rd and short plays. I realize you need an Oline for that, so lets get that early, and a fat RB late.