PDA

View Full Version : Brady Worship Fading In Boston

Night Train
01-20-2014, 06:46 AM
http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/steve_buckley/2014/01/buckley_tom_brady_far_from_terrific

Thurmal
01-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Pats fans are the worst. I hate Brady, but he carried that ****ty team to the AFC Championship game. Shows how little they know about football, and proves they all jumped on the bandwagon in 2001. Losers.

coastal
01-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Disagree with the op completly.

They didn't win because they got away from the power running game that got them there to begin with.

SquishDaFish
01-20-2014, 07:17 AM
I agree with you to a point Coastal BUT go back and watch again Brady had 2-3 long passes that he overthrew. If he hits those they win hands down

pmoon6
01-20-2014, 07:23 AM
And there ya have it sports fans. The Patriots did almost nothing their entire existence until Brady and Belichick got there. Now, their press turns on the guys that got them three titles, into 5 SBs and into 8 AFC championships. Reminds me of some Bills guys that poo poo getting to four straight SBs and losing.

"Winning isn't everything thing, it's the only thing".....Eh.

I'm sure some will come down on Peyton Manning should he lose to Seattle, as well.

Novacane
01-20-2014, 07:28 AM
The only reason they didn't abandon the running game against the Bills and the Colts is because they were gashing both right from the start. Denver was making Blount look like the un drafted RB he is. When you have Tom Brady and the running game isn't working you go to Tom Brady. What about the genius BB whose defense couldn't get Peyton off the field? Pats fans are a bunch of spoiled brats!

better days
01-20-2014, 08:02 AM
I posted in preseason there was talk of should Brady be traded now on Boston radio at that time.

Pats* fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the NFL.

And when the wheels really fall off that team, you will see a lot of empty seats in Foxboro.

Goobylal
01-20-2014, 08:07 AM
The Pats were playing with house money and never should have gotten as far as they did. Some incredibly lucky bounces got them the 2nd seed, which helped them advance far than they should have, as did facing a weak Colts team that should have been blown out by the Chefs at home.

Brady's best days are behind him. The Pats won't win another SB for awhile. It happens and I'm glad it's coming to an end.

Historian
01-20-2014, 08:11 AM
It's a team game.

That they made it to the AFC Championship game in the first place is quite an accomplishment IMO.

better days
01-20-2014, 08:12 AM
The only reason they didn't abandon the running game against the Bills and the Colts is because they were gashing both right from the start. Denver was making Blount look like the un drafted RB he is. When you have Tom Brady and the running game isn't working you go to Tom Brady. What about the genius BB whose defense couldn't get Peyton off the field? Pats fans are a bunch of spoiled brats!

And how does the genius BB not have Blount carry the ball for that 2 point conversion?

pmoon6
01-20-2014, 08:13 AM
I posted in preseason there was talk of should Brady be traded now on Boston radio at that time.

Pats* fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the NFL.

And when the wheels really fall off that team, you will see a lot of empty seats in Foxboro.Boston has always been somewhat spoiled historically with sports because of the Bruins and the Celtics. Then you have the Patriots and the Red Sox finally winning championships. What sport or sports does the average New Englander spend their money on? The answer is the ones that are winning. I think it's hard for Buffalonians to relate because you have only two choices and the economy hasn't been good since the '60's, although I understand it is improving.

better days
01-20-2014, 08:15 AM
It's a team game.

That they made it to the AFC Championship game in the first place is quite an accomplishment IMO.

It was an accomplishment no doubt.

But the Pats* got to the Championship game the way they always have, by winning an inferior AFC East division & getting home field advantage for the playoffs.

better days
01-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Boston has always been somewhat spoiled historically with sports because of the Bruins and the Celtics. Then you have the Patriots and the Red Sox finally winning championships. What sport or sports does the average New Englander spend their money on? The answer is the ones that are winning. I think it's hard for Buffalonians to relate because you have only two choices and the economy hasn't been good since the '60's, although I understand it is improving.

The Red Sox were supported even when they were TERRIBLE.

Boston is a baseball town.

pmoon6
01-20-2014, 08:19 AM
It's a team game.

That they made it to the AFC Championship game in the first place is quite an accomplishment IMO.If ya ask me, I think Belichick did a marvelous coaching job, probably his best, given the talent that he had and a tumultuous off season. The offense that was built to take pressure off the aging Brady went away with Hernandez and then Gronkowski's injury. So BB adapted with a power running game. I think he got away from it because Denver was loading up on the run and forcing them to pass. A couple of errant balls from Brady didn't help. Also, if Talib doesn't go out in the first quarter, they had a way better chance of winning.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-20-2014, 08:20 AM
However, there is no doubt in my mind that Brady is in decline. Denver's defense is not that great in reality. Even Rivers fared better I could argue. It's not like the Niners' or the Seahawks' where they have people in your face right away. Brady missed quite a few throws "easy" by his standard in this game.

Regardless, he had 3 superbowls which surprisingly came before he became a dominant all around QB. In a way you can say Belichick did a disservice wasting all those draft picks they had, not giving Brady enough weapons for more superbowl wins. Don't get me wrong - under his management, they are good, winning divisions almost every year, but just missing one or two weapons that put them over the top more.

I don't discount that Brady having a re-surgent year the rest of his career like Manning. But the law of biology is there and he is getting older. Everyone knows Brady is not the most physically gifted QB out there, but rather his quick decision making ability. When you age, your physical ability decline ...

The King
01-20-2014, 08:23 AM
For what it's worth the herald is the equivalent of the ny post

pmoon6
01-20-2014, 08:24 AM
The Red Sox were supported even when they were TERRIBLE.

Boston is a baseball town.You're right, of course, but traditionally a ticket for a baseball game is a lot cheaper. I don't know about now or the Red Sox, but I understand that for a Yankees ticket they want five years servitude from your first born.

pmoon6
01-20-2014, 08:27 AM
For what it's worth the herald is the equivalent of the ny post...and their sports writers are about as good as the Buffalo Evening News.

better days
01-20-2014, 08:31 AM
For what it's worth the herald is the equivalent of the ny post

But it is not just the Herald. As I said Brady worship is fading on Boston Sports talk radio as well.

I can't wait to listen to the crying on WEEI today.

pmoon6
01-20-2014, 08:46 AM
I also could not help but notice that the Refs called NE for a pick play that took them out of field goal range in the first quarter. Those infractions are almost never called. On Denver's next possession, Welker and another Denver receiver, in two separate cases, leveled the NE DBs on the exact same kind of plays. There were no flags.

Oldbillsfan
01-20-2014, 09:46 AM
too bad!

Meathead
01-20-2014, 10:18 AM
its basically become marinos dolphins without the early sb wins. and those were cheating wins. one man teams that cant do enough to get the whole load over that last hump. except when one of them cheated

Meathead
01-20-2014, 10:20 AM
But it is not just the Herald. As I said Brady worship is fading on Boston Sports talk radio as well.

i just pray to dog the genius decides to keep coaching to show the world it was pure coincidence his brilliance came packaged in a sixth round gift from dog

Mr. Miyagi
01-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Yesterday's game gave me almost as much joy as if Brady was literally killed on the field. ALMOST.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1571410/thumbs/o-TOM-BRADY-facebook.jpg

Meathead
01-20-2014, 10:27 AM
now that magic marcia is finally starting to show the age of her vestments they will do the same thing they tried with fading danny, put a stronger team around him for a last hurrah(s). i figure shes got one or two real good seasons left before both barn doors start yawning enticingly. but just like back then it will be too late, not enough magic left in those bones and not enough chemistry with the reinforcements. marcias nose will stay broken. the wicked witch will be dead

justasportsfan
01-20-2014, 10:28 AM
the best part of it all is that Bellicheat is whining about Welker :lolpoint: :wail:

black N yellow
01-20-2014, 10:38 AM
the best part of it all is that Bellicheat is whining about Welker :lolpoint: :wail:

I can't tell if it's that Belichick doesn't know how to lose, is blind to his hypocrisy, is just that arrogant, or is a complete moron. Either way, it's damn entertaining to see him whine.

Night Train
01-20-2014, 10:51 AM
It's a team game.

Not according to many here.

If your team is gashed by the opposing RB, takes bad penalties, makes mistakes in the secondary, can't prevent sacks or plays poorly on special teams....then you can trace ALL of the blame to the QB.

justasportsfan
01-20-2014, 10:52 AM
I can't tell if it's that Belichick doesn't know how to lose, is blind to his hypocrisy, is just that arrogant, or is a complete moron. Either way, it's damn entertaining to see him whine.

It's more about him being pissed that he couldn't record anyones hand signals anymore , otherwise he would have seen the broncos sending out their 5'9" dirty "hitman" to take out their 6'1" cornerback. :coocoo:.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 10:58 AM
now that magic marcia is finally starting to show the age of her vestments they will do the same thing they tried with fading danny, put a stronger team around him for a last hurrah(s). i figure shes got one or two real good seasons left before both barn doors start yawning enticingly. but just like back then it will be too late, not enough magic left in those bones and not enough chemistry with the reinforcements. marcias nose will stay broken. the wicked witch will be dead

He's the same guy he's always been.

That's why I laugh when people call him the greatest of all time. 8 AFC championship games and 5 Super Bowls is nothing to scoff at and I respect the hell out of him, but he's always had a great supporting staff and the best coach in the game. Not to mention playing in a very weak division for the last 15 years which affords you home field advantage in the playoffs.

The first year he won the Super Bowl he threw for 190 ypg, 1 TD and 1 INT in three games. Very Sanchezesque.

The second year he threw for 260 ypg, 5 TDs and 2 INT in three games. Much better, but still nothing to write home about. Those numbers were highly boosted by his one game of 354 yards and 3 TDs. His other two games were a pedestrian 219 YPG with 2 TDs and 1 INT to go with a 55% completion percentage.

The third year he threw for 195 ypg, 5 TDs and 0 INT in three games.

All the while, his defense gave up 17 ppg in the playoffs.

The only playoff game where he really put his team on his back and put up gawdy numbers during the super bowl years was against Carolina. The rest of the games, he just had to not screw up.

He could afford to have a sub-par game and still win.

I think he's played his best football from 2007-present. The team hasn't been that great and he's done a lot with a pretty weak supporting staff.

He's basically had to do what Manning has had to do his entire career.

Typ0
01-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Well ... Boston needs to make their peace with the end of this era somehow. I doubt BB will hang around for a rebuild.

OpIv37
01-20-2014, 11:28 AM
This reminds me of Bills fans *****ing about Kelly late in his career (I was one of them). Granted, he stuck around too long but we didn't know how good we have it.

NE has Brady, Bledsoe and a giant hunk of **** before that. I know there are fans too young to remember those days, but most fans should remember what it was like for that team before those two came along. Despite my hatred of Brady, I have to admit that he's the second best QB in the league over the last 15 years-arguably the best- and he's still easily a top 10 and probably a top 5 QB in the NFL.

If nothing else, you'd think Pats "fans" would know how good they have it by simply watching the QB cluster****s that have plagued the rest of their division during their run of success.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
One important lesson to me, though, is that you never stop looking for a miracle like Brady. Belichick learned his lessons in Cleveland. Having Bledsoe didn't stop him from drafting Brady; having Brady didn't stop him from drafting various QBs, even though Brady may have liked to use those picks on some weapons.

My biggest complaint against Buddy Nix is that the Bills werer late to the QB party under his watch. He liked to take sure things. QBs are hardest for a sure thing; you have to try with numbers, especially when you don't have one.

stuckincincy
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
If nothing else, you'd think Pats "fans" would know how good they have it by simply watching the QB cluster****s that have plagued the rest of their division during their run of success.

Truth.

TigerJ
01-20-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm just glad to be seeing cracks in that once (perceived to be) invulnerable shell that surrounded the Patriots. I think Brady probably reached his ceiling mentally as a QB a few years ago, and is now fighting to hold off the inevitable physical decline that comes with age. Every QB, even Peyton Manning, eventually must lose that battle. Now we just need Belichick to start showing signs of senility. Just kidding.

Goobylal
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
They won't spend the money to do that. Hell they let Welker walk for slightly more than what they paid Amendola. How'd that turn out for them?

Karma is a female canine. The Pats have done that type of stuff to the Bills for years.

He's the same guy he's always been.

That's why I laugh when people call him the greatest of all time. 8 AFC championship games and 5 Super Bowls is nothing to scoff at and I respect the hell out of him, but he's always had a great supporting staff and the best coach in the game. Not to mention playing in a very weak division for the last 15 years which affords you home field advantage in the playoffs.

The first year he won the Super Bowl he threw for 190 ypg, 1 TD and 1 INT in three games. Very Sanchezesque.

The second year he threw for 260 ypg, 5 TDs and 2 INT in three games. Much better, but still nothing to write home about. Those numbers were highly boosted by his one game of 354 yards and 3 TDs. His other two games were a pedestrian 219 YPG with 2 TDs and 1 INT to go with a 55% completion percentage.

The third year he threw for 195 ypg, 5 TDs and 0 INT in three games.

All the while, his defense gave up 17 ppg in the playoffs.

The only playoff game where he really put his team on his back and put up gawdy numbers during the super bowl years was against Carolina. The rest of the games, he just had to not screw up.

He could afford to have a sub-par game and still win.

I think he's played his best football from 2007-present. The team hasn't been that great and he's done a lot with a pretty weak supporting staff.

He's basically had to do what Manning has had to do his entire career.
True, but Delhomme played as well as he did in that game. There was no defense being played by either team.

better days
01-20-2014, 12:02 PM
This reminds me of Bills fans *****ing about Kelly late in his career (I was one of them). Granted, he stuck around too long but we didn't know how good we have it.

NE has Brady, Bledsoe and a giant hunk of **** before that. I know there are fans too young to remember those days, but most fans should remember what it was like for that team before those two came along. Despite my hatred of Brady, I have to admit that he's the second best QB in the league over the last 15 years-arguably the best-top and he's still easily a top 10 and probably a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Well, Brady was NOT a top 10 QB this year. Lucky if he was top 20.

I expect him to spend a lot of money on HGH this off season.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 12:04 PM
True, but Delhomme played as well as he did in that game. There was no defense being played by either team.Regardless of how the other team did, that was Brady's first playoff game where he actually put his team on his back and led them to victory.

In the other games, he was very Sanchezesque. But without those three rings, Brady wouldn't even be talked about in the same conversation as the best ever.

He would still be talked about as one of the best in the game right now, but he would be in the same class as Brees and Rodgers, not Elway and Montana.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Well, Brady was NOT a top 10 QB this year. Lucky if he was top 20.

Don't be ridiculous.

Goobylal
01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Regardless of how the other team did, that was Brady's first playoff game where he actually put his team on his back and led them to victory.

In the other games, he was very Sanchezesque. But without those three rings, Brady wouldn't even be talked about in the same conversation as the best ever.

He would still be talked about as one of the best in the game right now, but he would be in the same class as Brees and Rodgers, not Elway and Montana.
It does matter that Delhomme played about as well as he did in that game. Delhomme isn't considered a good QB, much less potential HOF'er like Brady, yet there he was lighting up the Pats' defense in the SB.

better days
01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

Peyton Manning: 55 TD's 10 Ints 68.3%

Tom Brady: 25 TD's 11 Ints 60.5%

Brady was the #17 QB this year according to ESPN.

OpIv37
01-20-2014, 12:27 PM

Well don't forget that it was you telling us how bad the Pats' receivers are.... That has to count for something.

better days
01-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Well don't forget that it was you telling us how bad the Pats' receivers are.... That has to count for something.

I was told before the season started that Brady could make mediocre receivers look GREAT.

Pretty sure you were among those that said that.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 12:44 PM

I'm not saying that he was better than Manning.

He was also 6th in yards and 11th in TDs and 7th in INT (from QBs that started 13+ games). That, despite the fact that he had NO ONE to throw to.

If you took his stats from when Gronk was healthy and averaged it out over an entire season, he would've had 5040 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INTs, 64% completion.

And I'm assuming you're using QBR to determine that he's 17th.

Take a look at some of the guys in front of him:

-Josh McCown
-Sam Bradford
-Matt Ryan
-Jay Cutler
-Alex Smith
-Andy Dalton
-Nick Foles
-Aaron Rodgers

Most of those guys had less than 200 attempts this year or weren't asked to do much in their offense.

better days
01-20-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm not saying that he was better than Manning.

He was also 6th in yards and 11th in TDs and 7th in INT (from QBs that started 13+ games). That, despite the fact that he had NO ONE to throw to.

If you took his stats from when Gronk was healthy and averaged it out over an entire season, he would've had 5040 yards, 30 TDs, 11 INTs, 64% completion.

And I'm assuming you're using QBR to determine that he's 17th.

Take a look at some of the guys in front of him:

-Josh McCown
-Sam Bradford
-Matt Ryan
-Jay Cutler
-Alex Smith
-Andy Dalton
-Nick Foles
-Aaron Rodgers

Most of those guys had less than 200 attempts this year or weren't asked to do much in their offense.

Why did he have no one to throw to?

And the Pats* paid a lot of money to Amendola in FA.

25 TD's, less than half of the amount of TD's Peyton threw.

IF, IF, IF I am so sick of people using that word in arguments.

If EJ was never injured, maybe he would have had a better year than Brady.

But EJ was injured, just like Gronk.

The fact is Brady barely broke the top 20 in the QB rankings so I was not being ridiculous.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Why did he have no one to throw to? Why did he have no one to throw to? Oh, I don't know, maybe it had something to do with the fact that he lost his top 3 receivers?

And the Pats* paid a lot of money to Amendola in FA.Not really, it was a backloaded deal with only 6 mil up front (over 5 years) and a base salary of 2 mil this year.

25 TD's, less than half of the amount of TD's Peyton threw.Yeah, nearly half the amount of the best season ever by any QB. How terrible. Again, I'm not saying he's as good as Manning. I don't know why you insist on comparing them for the sake of this thread. I've always maintained that Manning was better.

If EJ was never injured, maybe he would have had a better year than Brady.This isn't some hypothetical situation where I'm expecting Manuel to suddenly be good and throw a lot of TDs. This is a large sample size with a proven tandem.

The fact is Brady barely broke the top 20 in the QB rankings so I was not being ridiculous.And again, it's completely ridiculous. He's ranked 17th in ONE category and that's the only one you use to determine his worth. Despite the fact that some people that are ranked higher than him have less than half the amount of attempts.

Using your metric, Josh McCown is better than Tom Brady.

It's disingenuous at best.

better days
01-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Why did he have no one to throw to? Oh, I don't know, maybe it had something to do with the fact that he lost his top 3 receivers?

Not really, it was a backloaded deal with only 6 mil up front (over 5 years) and a base salary of 2 mil this year.

Yeah, nearly half the amount of the best season ever by any QB. How terrible. Again, I'm not saying he's as good as Manning. I don't know why you insist on comparing them for the sake of this thread. I've always maintained that Manning was better.

This isn't some hypothetical situation where I'm expecting Manuel to suddenly be good and throw a lot of TDs. This is a large sample size with a proven tandem.

And again, it's completely ridiculous. He's ranked 17th in ONE category and that's the only one you use to determine his worth. Despite the fact that some people that are ranked higher than him have less than half the amount of attempts.

Using your metric, Josh McCown is better than Tom Brady.

It's disingenuous at best.

BS. 10 QB's had more TD's than Brady. A few had just one or 2 lessTD's . And MANY QB's had less Int's than Brady.

Brady was lucky to break the top 20 this year, no excuses.

stuckincincy
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Why did he have no one to throw to?
And the Pats* paid a lot of money to Amendola in FA.
25 TD's, less than half of the amount of TD's Peyton threw.
If EJ was never injured, maybe he would have had a better year than Brady.
But EJ was injured, just like Gronk.
The fact is Brady barely broke the top 20 in the QB rankings so I was not being ridiculous.

NE* finished up the regular season 12 and 4, got a 1st round bye, knocked off the AFC South winner, then got beat on the road by 10 points. So you think Manual would have had a better year? :birds:

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 01:31 PM
BS. 10 QB's had more TD's than Brady. A few had just one or 2 lessTD's .Yeah and a few had just one or two more. They were lumped in pretty tightly. 5 TDs separated 7th from 15th.

And MANY QB's had less Int's than Brady.How many games did those "many QBs" play? How many attempts did they make?

Brady was lucky to break the top 20 this year, no excuses.Yeah I know. Just like how they were lucky to win the division yet again (despite the fact that they had the 26th ranked defense).

This team has been sliding for 3 years right?

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
By the way, the NFL.com QB index ranks Tom Brady at 4th overall this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304038/article/quarterback-index-yearend-rankings

The writer said that Brady would be his second half MVP.

He probably watches football though and doesn't just look up his QBR without taking into account the players around him, attempts, or games played.

justasportsfan
01-20-2014, 01:55 PM
:lolpoint:

better days
01-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah and a few had just one or two more. They were lumped in pretty tightly. 5 TDs separated 7th from 15th.

How many games did those "many QBs" play? How many attempts did they mak

All the QB's on the list played enough games to qualify to be on the list.

Yeah I know. Just like how they were lucky to win the division yet again (despite the fact that they had the 26th ranked defense).

The Pats* again won the inferior AFC East. Just as they have Brady's entire career. Win the division get home field advantage for the playoffs.

This team has been sliding for 3 years right?

better days
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM
By the way, the NFL.com QB index ranks Tom Brady at 4th overall this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000304038/article/quarterback-index-yearend-rankings

The writer said that Brady would be his second half MVP.

He probably watches PATRIOT football though and doesn't just look up his QBR without taking into account the players around him, attempts, or games played.

How would you judge a QB's play? I like to look at TD's myself & Brady only threw 25.

YardRat
01-20-2014, 02:28 PM
However, there is no doubt in my mind that Brady is in decline. Denver's defense is not that great in reality. Even Rivers fared better I could argue. It's not like the Niners' or the Seahawks' where they have people in your face right away. Brady missed quite a few throws "easy" by his standard in this game.

Regardless, he had 3 superbowls which surprisingly came before he became a dominant all around QB. In a way you can say Belichick did a disservice wasting all those draft picks they had, not giving Brady enough weapons for more superbowl wins. Don't get me wrong - under his management, they are good, winning divisions almost every year, but just missing one or two weapons that put them over the top more.

I don't discount that Brady having a re-surgent year the rest of his career like Manning. But the law of biology is there and he is getting older. Everyone knows Brady is not the most physically gifted QB out there, but rather his quick decision making ability. When you age, your physical ability decline ...

Not surprising at all when you understand 'franchise' QB's are for the 'flash' of the regular season, and it's defenses and strong oline play that bring home championships.

Goobylal
01-20-2014, 02:32 PM
The Pats this season proved just how much receivers are important to a QB. Brady's numbers dropped back down to his pre-Welker days, like I was predicting they would.

better days
01-20-2014, 02:35 PM
NE* finished up the regular season 12 and 4, got a 1st round bye, knocked off the AFC South winner, then got beat on the road by 10 points. So you think Manual would have had a better year? :birds:

Who knows? The Pats* SQUEAKED out the opening day win against the Bills with a last second FG.

If EJ had the entire off season, maybe the Bills win that game, giving EJ Confidence to play well the rest of the year.

And it would have been one less win for Brady & the Pats*

imbondz
01-20-2014, 02:36 PM
1989 I went to a Monday Night game between the Bills and Rams, Kelly got hurt, Reich went in and ends up winning the game. The entire stadium was changing we want Reich, no more Jim. haha. Every fan base does it.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 02:37 PM
All the QB's on the list played enough games to qualify to be on the list.But again, it's disingenuous. Do you really think that you can adequately compare a player that has LESS than 40% of the attempts that Brady had. Bradford played in 7 games and you're going to tell me that he had a better season? That's insane.

The Pats* again won the inferior AFC East. Just as they have Brady's entire career. Win the division get home field advantage for the playoffs.And they also beat the Broncos, Saints, Ravens, Dolphins, Jets, Pittsburgh and Indy. All teams with a .500 record or better.

Not bad for a team that is in decline.

better days
01-20-2014, 02:39 PM
The Pats this season proved just how much receivers are important to a QB. Brady's numbers dropped back down to his pre-Welker days, like I was predicting they would.

I predicted the same, but Op & others told me Brady could make even mediocre receivers look great.

NOW they are blaming his poor year on lack of weapons at the receiver position. TOO funny.

In Boston today, Pats* fans on WEEI are blaming Brady for missing open receivers as the reason the Pats* lost the game.

better days
01-20-2014, 02:42 PM
But again, it's disingenuous. Do you really think that you can adequately compare a player that has LESS than 40% of the attempts that Brady had. Bradford played in 7 games and you're going to tell me that he had a better season? That's insane.

And they also beat the Broncos, Saints, Ravens, Dolphins, Jets, Pittsburgh and Indy. All teams with a .500 record or better.

Not bad for a team that is in decline.

Well, the Bills beat the Ravens, Panthers, Jets & the Fins................TWICE.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 02:51 PM
How would you judge a QB's play? I like to look at TD's myself & Brady only threw 25."Only" 25? The Bills entire team hasn't thrown 25 TDs in nearly 25 years. That's nothing to scoff at.

And like I said, only 5 TDs separated 7th to 15th in TDs. He could've easily been anywhere in there. Had he had Gronk he very easily would've been in the top 5.

Also, New England was second only to Detroit in dropped passes this year. They had 41 drops. For comparison, 8 teams had less than 20 drops.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Well, the Bills beat the Ravens, Panthers, Jets & the Fins................TWICE.
So? They lost almost all of their other games.

I don't really understand your point.

better days
01-20-2014, 02:54 PM
"Only" 25? The Bills entire team hasn't thrown 25 TDs in nearly 25 years. That's nothing to scoff at.

And like I said, only 5 TDs separated 7th to 15th in TDs. He could've easily been anywhere in there. Had he had Gronk he very easily would've been in the top 5.

Also, New England was second only to Detroit in dropped passes this year. They had 41 drops. For comparison, 8 teams had less than 20 drops.

IF EJ was not injured in preseason, maybe the Bills win the first game.

And EJ goes on to throw for 30 TD's.

How many drops did the Bills have? I remember a lot against the Falcons.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 02:56 PM
I predicted the same, but Op & others told me Brady could make even mediocre receivers look great.

NOW they are blaming his poor year on lack of weapons at the receiver position. TOO funny.
Did you miss their 12-4 season and AFC Championship appearance with a 26th ranked defense?

He didn't make mediocre receivers look great, he made absolutely crap receivers look above average.

better days
01-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Did you miss their 12-4 season and AFC Championship appearance with a 26th ranked defense?

He didn't make mediocre receivers look great, he made absolutely crap receivers look above average.

Did you miss the year Cassel was QB for the Pats*?

IlluminatusUIUC
01-20-2014, 02:58 PM
http://deadspin.com/tom-brady-on-richard-sherman-we-win-with-graciousness-1505211287

"I don't know him at all. I've watched him play. He's that kind of guy," Brady said. "So, you know. I approach the game—and I have respect for my opponents. That's the way our team always plays. We win with graciousness, and when we lose, we could do better. Some teams don't always do that, or that's not their program."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bs

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 03:00 PM

How many drops did the Bills have? I remember a lot against the Falcons.This isn't some make believe "well maybe if EJ didn't get hurt then maybe he would be better than he actually is" scenario.

Brady has averaged 36 TDs over three years and was averaging over 2 TDs this year with Gronk in the lineup.

That is a valid sample size to deem that he would've maintained that pace.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Did you miss the year Cassel was QB for the Pats*?
You mean the year that they did not play in the AFC Championship game and missed the playoffs?

Yes, I saw that.

better days
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
This isn't some make believe "well maybe if EJ didn't get hurt then maybe he would be better than he actually is" scenario.

Brady has averaged 36 TDs over three years and was averaging over 2 TDs this year with Gronk in the lineup.

That is a valid sample size to deem that he would've maintained that pace.

NONSENSE, it is still make believe. Like I said, in Boston, Pats* fans are blaming Brady missing his open receivers for the reason the Pats* lost the game yesterday.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 03:12 PM
NONSENSE, it is still make believe. Like I said, in Boston, Pats* fans are blaming Brady missing his open receivers for the reason the Pats* lost the game yesterday.I don't think you understand the difference.

One is PROVEN. You understand what that means right? This isn't a small sample size like your QBR. This is 3.5 years of consistent play. It is completely reasonable to expect them to maintain the same pace over a 16 game span.

The other is complete speculation with absolutely no evidence to support it. You might as well be saying that EJ Manuel would've turned into a rocket ship and flown into outer space had he not hurt his knee.

stuckincincy
01-20-2014, 03:30 PM

How many drops did the Bills have? I remember a lot against the Falcons.

How many drops can fans of other teams recount? You also follow the Tampa club. I'm sure you have counted theirs.

jdaltroy5
01-20-2014, 03:36 PM

How many drops did the Bills have? I remember a lot against the Falcons.Sorry, I missed this.

Bills had the 9th most at 29 drops.

better days
01-20-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't think you understand the difference.

One is PROVEN. You understand what that means right? This isn't a small sample size like your QBR. This is 3.5 years of consistent play. It is completely reasonable to expect them to maintain the same pace over a 16 game span.

The other is complete speculation with absolutely no evidence to support it. You might as well be saying that EJ Manuel would've turned into a rocket ship and flown into outer space had he not hurt his knee.

I don't think you understand. NOTHING is PROVEN until it happens.

It is speculation in BOTH cases.

better days
01-20-2014, 03:47 PM
How many drops can fans of other teams recount? You also follow the Tampa club. I'm sure you have counted theirs.

I don't really count the number of drops when watching a game.

I can say the Bucs receivers looked a lot better with Glennon at QB than they did with Freeman.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Freeman this offseason.

WagonCircler
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
While we were watching a post game Brady interview, my son summed it up. He said "I'm getting used to Brady making these concession speeches, and I like it."

Owen DeBoard
01-20-2014, 07:17 PM
Andrew Luck can make T Y Hilton look like a very good WR and Luck is only been in the NFL for 2 years. Why cant Brady make his WRs look as good since hes been in the NFL for a long time? Its funny how people will make excuses for only certain QBs. I would say some people listen to the media to much instead of watching the games for themselves and actually see what goes on.

better days
01-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Andrew Luck can make T Y Hilton look like a very good WR and Luck is only been in the NFL for 2 years. Why cant Brady make his WRs look as good since hes been in the NFL for a long time? Its funny how people will make excuses for only certain QBs. I would say some people listen to the media to much instead of watching the games for themselves and actually see what goes on.

On WEEI Boston today, the host said this game changed his mind about Brady & Manning.

He said he had thought Brady was the better QB & was a clutch performer while Manning had the stats, but choked in big games.

He said in this game, it was the opposite of his perception, that Manning was money, while Brady was the choke artist.

He now is of the opinion Manning really is the better QB. And I didn't hear any callers disagree with him.

Mike13
01-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Boston fans are the ****ing worst.

He is right Welker ran a illegal pick, the same play Belichick ran for years when Wes was there. I guess he doesn't like the taste of his own medicine.

TY Hilton is just damn good WR. He kicked ass in college and he is kicking ass now.

pmoon6
01-21-2014, 04:19 AM
Boston fans are the ****ing worst.

He is right Welker ran a illegal pick, the same play Belichick ran for years when Wes was there. I guess he doesn't like the taste of his own medicine.Well, I've never saw NE run the pick where the receiver wiped out the DB and Denver did it twice. NE got points taken away getting called for the same thing. Interesting that with all the advantages the offense has that teams like Denver and NE have to run pick plays. It's tantamount to the offensive player hitting a "defenseless" DB. Personally, if I'm Belichick after that play, I send 8 at Peyton and hit him low...even if he dumps the ball. "Take him out", as Deacon used to say. Turnabout is fair play.

Goobylal
01-21-2014, 06:39 AM
Actually the play was legal, as per Mike Pereira, because the ball arrived at the same time Welker made the hit. Had Welker hit him prior to the ball getting to the WR, it would have been flagged. And I don't think Welker intended to hit Talib, and he shouldn't have wanted to considering he was getting over concussions, but just at least get in his path, and couldn't given the angle he had to take to get into Talib's path (it looks like he's trying to cut back toward the LOS to avoid hitting Talib, but there wasn't enough room).

feldspar
01-21-2014, 07:06 AM
It's more about him being pissed that he couldn't record anyones hand signals anymore , otherwise he would have seen the broncos sending out their 5'9" dirty "hitman" to take out their 6'1" cornerback. :coocoo:.

Not to mention the fact that Welker has had TWO concussions this year, and he's wearing a special helmet to help protect himself from further head injury. In fact, he was coming back from his second concussion just last week. Yeah, you are going to send guy like that out on a head-hunting mission to take out a much larger player. Sure. I think that Belichick assumes that other people think as underhandedly as he does. "One of the worst plays he's seen." Yeah, right. He just hates Wes Welker.

Plays are designed like that by every team, I'd say. You send a guy across one way, and send another receiver across the other way to misdirect direct defenders. So a guy like Wes is trying to make a guy like Talib go a certain way. If he realizes that and doesn't bite, it turns into a game of chicken. "I'm not going that way." It happens so fast, and then you have a collision. Projecting intent to injure on that play is baseless, classless, ridiculous...and well, it's just sour grapes.

The Patriots got KILLED in that game and didn't stand a chance anyway.

"Worse play I've ever seen." I bet it would take more than one hand to count all the cheap, dirty, health-endangering shots Welker took for the Patriots alone. You should see how the Pats fans feel about Welker, like he's public enemy #1, after all he's done for that team. We all know Belichick is a man of integrity.

mikemac2001
01-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Umm edelman did this on the pats drive like 5 mins before

i guess billy boy didnt see that play on the game film

**** the pats all i gotta say they are cheating ****s and there fans will fall.

Meathead
01-21-2014, 08:13 AM
buck fom trady

pmoon6
01-21-2014, 08:16 AM
Actually the play was legal, as per Mike Pereira, because the ball arrived at the same time Welker made the hit. Had Welker hit him prior to the ball getting to the WR, it would have been flagged. And I don't think Welker intended to hit Talib, and he shouldn't have wanted to considering he was getting over concussions, but just at least get in his path, and couldn't given the angle he had to take to get into Talib's path (it looks like he's trying to cut back toward the LOS to avoid hitting Talib, but there wasn't enough room).*** Mike Pereira, the sportswriter and commentator "experts". They exist to protect the league and are it's propaganda arm.

pmoon6
01-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Not to mention the fact that Welker has had TWO concussions this year, and he's wearing a special helmet to help protect himself from further head injury. In fact, he was coming back from his second concussion just last week. Yeah, you are going to send guy like that out on a head-hunting mission to take out a much larger player. Sure. I think that Belichick assumes that other people think as underhandedly as he does. "One of the worst plays he's seen." Yeah, right. He just hates Wes Welker.

Plays are designed like that by every team, I'd say. You send a guy across one way, and send another receiver across the other way to misdirect direct defenders. So a guy like Wes is trying to make a guy like Talib go a certain way. If he realizes that and doesn't bite, it turns into a game of chicken. "I'm not going that way." It happens so fast, and then you have a collision. Projecting intent to injure on that play is baseless, classless, ridiculous...and well, it's just sour grapes.

The Patriots got KILLED in that game and didn't stand a chance anyway.

"Worse play I've ever seen." I bet it would take more than one hand to count all the cheap, dirty, health-endangering shots Welker took for the Patriots alone. You should see how the Pats fans feel about Welker, like he's public enemy #1, after all he's done for that team. We all know Belichick is a man of integrity.Hmmm. I would say the Patriots have done a lot for Welker as well. An obscure free agent from Miami becomes a superstar player in NE and therefore garners millions of dollars as such.

pmoon6
01-21-2014, 08:23 AM
Umm edelman did this on the pats drive like 5 mins before

i guess billy boy didnt see that play on the game film

**** the pats all i gotta say they are cheating ****s and there fans will fall.Yes, and he got flagged for it. Didn't see any yellow when Denver did it twice. Of course, the "greatest offense in NFL history" according to Phil Simms, and the "greatest QB of all time" has to be protected so as to set NFL records. The Broncos could have five 300lb homeless guys protecting Manning and they still would be in the SB. The amount of holding the Denver O-Line gets away with makes me vomit.

feldspar
01-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Hmmm. I would say the Patriots have done a lot for Welker as well. An obscure free agent from Miami becomes a superstar player in NE and therefore garners millions of dollars as such.

Welker was grossly underpaid the whole time he was in New England except his last year when he was franchised. That's five years of being WAY underpaid. Dude had like a 5-year $18 million contract. During that span, he only led the league in receptions and was top-five in yardage, or something thereabouts...all the while making like $3.6 million per year before taxes. The Patriots never sought to regenotiate that deal when he outperformed it by a million miles consistently. Welker was a soldier about it and kept his mouth shut...team guy.

Welker wasn't as "obscure" as you think coming out of Miami. His talent was becoming known. I remember Steve Tasker calling Welker his favorite player while he was in Miami. He was coming on more and more there already. In fact, I always liked Welker even when he was with the Dolphins...and then the Patriots. Now I can finally actually root for him.

The Patriots traded a 2nd and 7th round pick for Welker for a reason. They recognized his talent, being in the same division. EVERY SINGLE player needs an opportunity, and Welker is no different. It was the Dolphins that gave him his first opportunity. Of course, his production has been better playing with Tom Brady and now Peyton Manning, but the guy has EARNED everything he's gotten. He "earned" a HELL of a lot more money than the Pats gave him, that's for sure. What he DIDN'T earn was for the Pats fans and Belijerk to **** down his neck.

pmoon6
01-21-2014, 09:00 AM
HaHa. Poor guy only got a 5 year contract for 18 million.

Man, that sucks.

better days
01-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Hmmm. I would say the Patriots have done a lot for Welker as well. An obscure free agent from Miami becomes a superstar player in NE and therefore garners millions of dollars as such.

Welker was not an obscure FA when he signed with the Pats*

He had played well for the Fins & they hated losing him.

He was the prize FA of the time.

feldspar
01-21-2014, 09:05 AM
HaHa. Poor guy only got a 5 year contract for 18 million.

Man, that sucks.

Don't be an asswhole, pmoon.

You know that it's relative to market value, and that he was GROSSLY underpaid for 5 years.

pmoon6
01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Don't be an asswhole, pmoon.

You know that it's relative to market value, and that he was GROSSLY underpaid for 5 years.Why? Being an asswhole is my most redeeming quality.

feldspar
01-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Why? Being an asswhole is my most redeeming quality.

Apparently so.

My most redeeming quality is that eat asswholes for dinner...no wait...

JoeMama
01-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Only a Bostonian fool would be mad at Brady.

He lost 70% of his receiving core and still led them to a #2 seed.

The man is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

And if his cheap ass ownership had put up the coin to retain Wes Welker, it would be NE in the Superbowl, not Denver.

I can't stand Brady and his Ugs and his stupid Brazilian wife and everything he represents, but he's the only reason NE isn't a bottom dweller. FACT.

Goobylal
01-21-2014, 10:35 AM
*** Mike Pereira, the sportswriter and commentator "experts". They exist to protect the league and are it's propaganda arm.
I agree about Pereira, but he's right.

EDS
01-21-2014, 12:03 PM

What are you trying to say here? Hilton is a good receiver.

As far as Brady goes, the only receiver on the Pats that was healthy all season was Edelman. Edelman had over 1000 yards receiving - which is more receiving yards than he had total in his first four seasons in the league. So all Brady did was turn a 4th stringer into a 1000 yard receiver.

EDS
01-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Welker was grossly underpaid the whole time he was in New England except his last year when he was franchised. That's five years of being WAY underpaid. Dude had like a 5-year $18 million contract. During that span, he only led the league in receptions and was top-five in yardage, or something thereabouts...all the while making like $3.6 million per year before taxes. The Patriots never sought to regenotiate that deal when he outperformed it by a million miles consistently. Welker was a soldier about it and kept his mouth shut...team guy.

Welker wasn't as "obscure" as you think coming out of Miami. His talent was becoming known. I remember Steve Tasker calling Welker his favorite player while he was in Miami. He was coming on more and more there already. In fact, I always liked Welker even when he was with the Dolphins...and then the Patriots. Now I can finally actually root for him.

The Patriots traded a 2nd and 7th round pick for Welker for a reason. They recognized his talent, being in the same division. EVERY SINGLE player needs an opportunity, and Welker is no different. It was the Dolphins that gave him his first opportunity. Of course, his production has been better playing with Tom Brady and now Peyton Manning, but the guy has EARNED everything he's gotten. He "earned" a HELL of a lot more money than the Pats gave him, that's for sure. What he DIDN'T earn was for the Pats fans and Belijerk to **** down his neck.

I guess Welker should talk to Jason Peters.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Well, I've never saw NE run the pick where the receiver wiped out the DB and Denver did it twice. NE got points taken away getting called for the same thing. Interesting that with all the advantages the offense has that teams like Denver and NE have to run pick plays. It's tantamount to the offensive player hitting a "defenseless" DB. Personally, if I'm Belichick after that play, I send 8 at Peyton and hit him low...even if he dumps the ball. "Take him out", as Deacon used to say. Turnabout is fair play.

New England practically built its offense around it. Watch how they used to play with Gronk and Hernandez in the lineup, they'd roll the two of them out as blockers and quickly flip it to Welker. It was practically a screen pass, except that it happened downfield. As long as the pass gets there before the blockers arrive, it's a legal play.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/15/new-england-patriots-denver-broncos-afc-championship-game-pick-plays/

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/0ap2000000287666/QB-Brady-to-TE-Gronkowski-33-yd-pass

^^ Here's a video of Edelmen running an actual illegal pick and getting away with it to spring Gronk.

DynaPaul
01-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Well with his average arm and no Ernie Adams there what did you expect from Brady?

Owen DeBoard
01-21-2014, 05:01 PM
What are you trying to say here? Hilton is a good receiver.

As far as Brady goes, the only receiver on the Pats that was healthy all season was Edelman. Edelman had over 1000 yards receiving - which is more receiving yards than he had total in his first four seasons in the league. So all Brady did was turn a 4th stringer into a 1000 yard receiver.
Edelman was behind Welker while Welker was there. Yeah Brady turned a 4th stringer into a 1000 yard receiver huh? I wonder how many of those yards were YAC yards which I would say was Edelmans doing. Edleman caught 105 balls for 1056 yards. That's 10.1 yards a reception. Are you blind? Brady cant hit Edelman when he is wide open more than 20 yards down the field. Also I recall Edelman being wide open in the endzone when the Pats were in the redzone and Brady threw the ball a good 10 feet over Edelman.

Owen DeBoard
01-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Only a Bostonian fool would be mad at Brady.

He lost 70% of his receiving core and still led them to a #2 seed.

The man is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

And if his cheap ass ownership had put up the coin to retain Wes Welker, it would be NE in the Superbowl, not Denver.

I can't stand Brady and his Ugs and his stupid Brazilian wife and everything he represents, but he's the only reason NE isn't a bottom dweller. FACT.
Welker doesn't play Defense. Denver still would've been unstoppable with the two Thomas's and Decker. Plus NE already has the same player in Edelman. Now if they had Wilfork and Mayo healthy I could see them maybe being able to beat Denver but that is the only way.

Skooby
01-22-2014, 03:39 AM
Where his wife saying he can't catch the ball as well? Fuzzy B she is.

Goobylal
01-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Well with his average arm and no Ernie Adams there what did you expect from Brady?
Where was Ernie Adams?

MikeInRoch
01-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I see. So the complains is that Brady is "only" 18-8 in playoff games.

Wow, he sucks.

trapezeus
01-22-2014, 12:51 PM
i firmly believe that brady has been cheating as there is no explanation as to why he would consistenly take off market deals while qb's he's better than in w/ls and a ton of other stats have been paid. maybe once he was told they'd get better weapons. but they've largely missed on that. so something doesn't add up

HOWEVEr, i will say his inaccuracy in the game was a big deal and possibly the difference in the game from 3 throws. personally i think he was sicker than they let on in the week and he didn't get the reps to ensure he could be as accurate as possible.

even his whining was lower key.

better days
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
I see. So the complains is that Brady is "only" 18-8 in playoff games.

Wow, he sucks.

The complaints I heard are that he has not won in a LONG time, including the AFC Championship game against the Broncos.

And many Pats* fans are blaming him for that loss.

pmoon6
01-22-2014, 12:57 PM
"What have you done for me lately"

better days
01-22-2014, 01:11 PM
"What have you done for me lately"

Exactly.

EDS
01-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Anyone who takes the comments of complainers on a local radio call in show, or third rate local newspaper that traffics in sensionalistic journalism to sell copy as a sign of the views of a general fan base/region probably should be neutered and not allowed to procreate.

better days
01-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Anyone who takes the comments of complainers on a local radio call in show, or third rate local newspaper that traffics in sensionalistic journalism to sell copy as a sign of the views of a general fan base/region probably should be neutered and not allowed to procreate.

Yeah right. Those are the ONLY Pats* fans that feel that way.

& you forgot to mention the hosts of the shows.

They were in agreement with the fans that called in.

Or I should say the fans that called in were in agreement with the hosts.

BillsFever21
01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

This is the same guy who said the Patriots were done back in August. Also when they were 6-2 he said they were a complete disaster.

You can make an argument he wasn't a top 10 QB this year but top 20 is just showing more blind hatred because he is the Bills nemesis.

Goobylal
01-22-2014, 06:36 PM
As if it weren't bad enough for Tommy Boy, the Pats' OL coach Dante Scarnecchia is retiring. He along with Belichick and Ernie Adams are responsible for the Pats' dominance and will be a huge loss for them.

better days
01-22-2014, 08:13 PM
This is the same guy who said the Patriots were done back in August. Also when they were 6-2 he said they were a complete disaster.

You can make an argument he wasn't a top 10 QB this year but top 20 is just showing more blind hatred because he is the Bills nemesis.

Get your facts straight.

Back in August, I said Brady was getting OLD & his best days were behind him.

I was proven correct about that.

I also said the Pats* would still most likely win the AFC EAST.

I also said the Pats* would get knocked out of the playoffs before they reached the Super Bowl.

I was proven correct about that as well.

My credibility is fully intact.

BillsFever21
01-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Get your facts straight.

Back in August, I said Brady was getting OLD & his best days were behind him.

I also said the Pats* would still most likely win the AFC EAST.

I also said the Pats* would get knocked out of the playoffs before they reached the Super Bowl.

I was proven correct about that as well.

My credibility is fully intact.

Or back in November they were a complete disaster at 6-2. This was supposed to be the year they would crumble. LOL You can try and state it anyway you want to hedge your predictions but they were pretty bad. Obviously I'm not the only one remembers.

Even if you did say they wouldn't reach the Super Bowl that's not really going out on a limb considering you have a 1/16 chance of making the Super Bowl in your conference. That and even those who didn't agree with your Patriots Armageddon scenario still didn't think the Pats would make the Super Bowl.

And obviously they weren't going to reach the Super Bowl if they were going downhill as much as you stated. Even if someone was wrong on their Super Bowl predictions that still means that they correctly predicted 30 teams that wouldn't make the Super Bowl. You said they wouldn't be as good as last season and they "might" win the division which obviously wasn't the case since they made the AFC Championship game.

If only had the time to go through the hundreds of posts within dozens of threads. The funniest one that sticks out the most was the "Patriots are a complete disaster" when they were 6-2.

BillsFever21
01-22-2014, 08:45 PM
If I remember correctly Chandler Jones wasn't anymore proven or better then Alex Carrington. Jerod Mayo wasn't really that good and neither was Sebastian Vollmer. The Patriots OL wasn't really any better then the Bills either.

BillsFever21
01-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Damn I wanted to go back and find some of the posts but it will only let you view the last 500 posts. That only takes you back to early December. I think many of us here remember your doomsday predictions and how X player was only average, etc. Too many of us here remember or you wouldn't be ripped on about it as much.

DynaPaul
01-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Where was Ernie Adams?

In New England.

better days
01-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Or back in November they were a complete disaster at 6-2. This was supposed to be the year they would crumble. LOL You can try and state it anyway you want to hedge your predictions but they were pretty bad. Obviously I'm not the only one remembers.

Even if you did say they wouldn't reach the Super Bowl that's not really going out on a limb considering you have a 1/16 chance of making the Super Bowl in your conference. That and even those who didn't agree with your Patriots Armageddon scenario still didn't think the Pats would make the Super Bowl.

And obviously they weren't going to reach the Super Bowl if they were going downhill as much as you stated. Even if someone was wrong on their Super Bowl predictions that still means that they correctly predicted 30 teams that wouldn't make the Super Bowl. You said they wouldn't be as good as last season and they "might" win the division which obviously wasn't the case since they made the AFC Championship game.

If only had the time to go through the hundreds of posts within dozens of threads. The funniest one that sticks out the most was the "Patriots are a complete disaster" when they were 6-2.

Easy to take a sentence or even an entire post out of context.

post a link to that thread if you like.

I said back in August that Brady was getting OLD & his best days were behind him.

I also said The Pats* as a team were not the team they used to be, but I also said they would probably still win the division.

I have to admit they won more games than I thought they would, getting 2nd seed in the division.

BUT I was correct in what I said for the most part.

Brady had a TERRIBLE year by his standards.

And he will be 37 years old before the start of next season.

BillsFever21
01-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Easy to take a sentence or even an entire post out of context.

post a link to that thread if you like.

I said back in August that Brady was getting OLD & his best days were behind him.

I also said The Pats* as a team were not the team they used to be, but I also said they would probably still win the division.

I have to admit they won more games than I thought they would, getting 2nd seed in the division.

BUT I was correct in what I said for the most part.

Brady had a TERRIBLE year by his standards.

And he will be 37 years old before the start of next season.

I would love to post a link and wanted to find some of the outrageous posts but it will only let you check the past 500 which only takes you till the middle of December.

And I don't think I was taking anything out of context. There is a reason why I'm not the only one who made jokes about your predictions. There are many that remember. You were all over the place during the offseason and training camp.

Some of them were even better then us having one of the best WR core in the league. And maybe even the best that TJ Graham was a proven WR because he had PROVEN speed. LOL.

Lighten up man. Everybody makes some bad predictions. Just some more often and worse then others. You were wrong(again) on their demise and own up to it. They were even supposedly a "complete disaster right now" after their loss to the Jets that put them at 5-2.

better days
01-22-2014, 09:07 PM
If I remember correctly Chandler Jones wasn't anymore proven or better then Alex Carrington. Jerod Mayo wasn't really that good and neither was Sebastian Vollmer. The Patriots OL wasn't really any better then the Bills either.

I don't remember talking about Vollmer at all.

I remember saying the Pats* of 2013 were not as good as Pats* teams of the past that won the Super Bowls & I will stand by that today.

I do remember comparing Jones & Carrington. Carrington was injured & Jones got a year of experience so going into next year I think Jones has a leg up on him now.

better days
01-22-2014, 09:10 PM
I would love to post a link and wanted to find some of the outrageous posts but it will only let you check the past 500 which only takes you till the middle of December.

And I don't think I was taking anything out of context. There is a reason why I'm not the only one who made jokes about your predictions. There are many that remember. You were all over the place during the offseason and training camp.

Some of them were even better then us having one of the best WR core in the league. And maybe even the best that TJ Graham was a proven WR because he had PROVEN speed. LOL.

Lighten up man. Everybody makes some bad predictions. Just some more often and worse then others. You were wrong(again) on their demise and own up to it. They were even supposedly a "complete disaster right now" after their loss to the Jets that put them at 5-2.

I already admitted the Pats* won more games than I thought they would.

BUT I was RIGHT about Brady, you can feel free to admit that.