• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Brady Worship Fading In Boston

DENVER — When his career is over, Tom Brady will be remembered as the quarterback who led his team to three Super Bowl victories. Maybe more. Who knows.In the here and now, though, Tom Brady …
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Brady Worship Fading In Boston

Pats fans are the worst. I hate Brady, but he carried that ****ty team to the AFC Championship game. Shows how little they know about football, and proves they all jumped on the bandwagon in 2001. Losers.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Disagree with the op completly.

They didn't win because they got away from the power running game that got them there to begin with.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

I agree with you to a point Coastal BUT go back and watch again Brady had 2-3 long passes that he overthrew. If he hits those they win hands down

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

And there ya have it sports fans. The Patriots did almost nothing their entire existence until Brady and Belichick got there. Now, their press turns on the guys that got them three titles, into 5 SBs and into 8 AFC championships. Reminds me of some Bills guys that poo poo getting to four straight SBs and losing.

"Winning isn't everything thing, it's the only thing".....Eh.

I'm sure some will come down on Peyton Manning should he lose to Seattle, as well.

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

The only reason they didn't abandon the running game against the Bills and the Colts is because they were gashing both right from the start. Denver was making Blount look like the un drafted RB he is. When you have Tom Brady and the running game isn't working you go to Tom Brady. What about the genius BB whose defense couldn't get Peyton off the field? Pats fans are a bunch of spoiled brats!

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

I posted in preseason there was talk of should Brady be traded now on Boston radio at that time.

Pats* fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the NFL.

And when the wheels really fall off that team, you will see a lot of empty seats in Foxboro.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

The Pats were playing with house money and never should have gotten as far as they did. Some incredibly lucky bounces got them the 2nd seed, which helped them advance far than they should have, as did facing a weak Colts team that should have been blown out by the Chefs at home.

Brady's best days are behind him. The Pats won't win another SB for awhile. It happens and I'm glad it's coming to an end.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

It's a team game.

That they made it to the AFC Championship game in the first place is quite an accomplishment IMO.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    The only reason they didn't abandon the running game against the Bills and the Colts is because they were gashing both right from the start. Denver was making Blount look like the un drafted RB he is. When you have Tom Brady and the running game isn't working you go to Tom Brady. What about the genius BB whose defense couldn't get Peyton off the field? Pats fans are a bunch of spoiled brats!
                    And how does the genius BB not have Blount carry the ball for that 2 point conversion?

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      I posted in preseason there was talk of should Brady be traded now on Boston radio at that time.

Pats* fans are the biggest bandwagon fans in the NFL.

And when the wheels really fall off that team, you will see a lot of empty seats in Foxboro.
                      Boston has always been somewhat spoiled historically with sports because of the Bruins and the Celtics. Then you have the Patriots and the Red Sox finally winning championships. What sport or sports does the average New Englander spend their money on? The answer is the ones that are winning. I think it's hard for Buffalonians to relate because you have only two choices and the economy hasn't been good since the '60's, although I understand it is improving.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                        It's a team game.

That they made it to the AFC Championship game in the first place is quite an accomplishment IMO.
                        It was an accomplishment no doubt.

But the Pats* got to the Championship game the way they always have, by winning an inferior AFC East division & getting home field advantage for the playoffs.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          Boston has always been somewhat spoiled historically with sports because of the Bruins and the Celtics. Then you have the Patriots and the Red Sox finally winning championships. What sport or sports does the average New Englander spend their money on? The answer is the ones that are winning. I think it's hard for Buffalonians to relate because you have only two choices and the economy hasn't been good since the '60's, although I understand it is improving.
                          The Red Sox were supported even when they were TERRIBLE.

Boston is a baseball town.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            It's a team game.

If ya ask me, I think Belichick did a marvelous coaching job, probably his best, given the talent that he had and a tumultuous off season. The offense that was built to take pressure off the aging Brady went away with Hernandez and then Gronkowski's injury. So BB adapted with a power running game. I think he got away from it because Denver was loading up on the run and forcing them to pass. A couple of errant balls from Brady didn't help. Also, if Talib doesn't go out in the first quarter, they had a way better chance of winning.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Brady is in decline. Denver's defense is not that great in reality. Even Rivers fared better I could argue. It's not like the Niners' or the Seahawks' where they have people in your face right away. Brady missed quite a few throws "easy" by his standard in this game.

Regardless, he had 3 superbowls which surprisingly came before he became a dominant all around QB. In a way you can say Belichick did a disservice wasting all those draft picks they had, not giving Brady enough weapons for more superbowl wins. Don't get me wrong - under his management, they are good, winning divisions almost every year, but just missing one or two weapons that put them over the top more.

I don't discount that Brady having a re-surgent year the rest of his career like Manning. But the law of biology is there and he is getting older. Everyone knows Brady is not the most physically gifted QB out there, but rather his quick decision making ability. When you age, your physical ability decline ...

Comment

Working...
                              X