PDA

View Full Version : So is Russell Wilson's game like Flutie's?

ghz in pittsburgh
01-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Seems to me the best part of his game is when things break down. And of course, he's more athletic than Flutie so people respect his legs and arms more.

This whole Seattle team reminded me of the Bills last playoff run where they have dominating D, run the ball, and a so-so QB play just keeping things together. Not to say had Wade played Flutie instead of Johnson, the Bills would go to Superbowl; this Seahawks team is younger in all key positions than the Bills team at that time, which eliminated decisions like starting Johnson in the playoff where Flutie played all season.

Thurmal
01-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Flutie sucked that year and Johnson effectively won that Titans game; still can't believe there are Bills fans that forget this.

The Jokeman
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Flutie sucked that year and Johnson effectively won that Titans game; still can't believe there are Bills fans that forget this.

Flutie apologists can never look past how bad he was at times because all they equate to his play was winning. RJ did his best Flutie impression that game when he drived us in position to win with a last second field goal but sadly a miracle kickoff return cost us the win.

stuckincincy
01-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Flutie apologists

The proper term is "The Flutopians." As in coming from another planet. :boozer:

Bangarang
01-20-2014, 12:02 PM
All I know is that our QBs would never get away with throwing up prayers like I see Wilson do a lot and having his WRs make great catches.

For us, those are INTs all day. We're just unlucky like that.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Wilson scrambles around and makes things happen where they shouldn't, but unlike Flutie he's got an arm cannon. Basically, Wilson is what we all hoped we were getting with JP Losman. Losman is what Seattle fans are terrified Wilson might regress into.

justasportsfan
01-20-2014, 12:34 PM

lol. Funny.

You're forgetting which qb got us to the playoffs to begin with. It wasn't Johnson.

justasportsfan
01-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Flutie apologists can never look past how bad he was at times because all they equate to his play was winning. RJ did his best Flutie impression that game when he drived us in position to win with a last second field goal but sadly a miracle kickoff return cost us the win.

I'm not a Mullet apologist but while Flutie was far from being a great qb, he gave us the best chance to win over dink and dunk .

ghz in pittsburgh
01-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm not a Mullet apologist but while Flutie was far from being a great qb, he gave us the best chance to win over dink and dunk .
There is no way to know what might happen but I agree with you. You just don't pull this kind of thing in the playoff.

By now we know Flutie probably is not the best teamate in an NFL team (probably due to years of snub). No such problem for Wilson though.

Turf
01-20-2014, 06:44 PM
In regards to Wilson, I don't think he gets as many wins without all the crowd noise in his favor. I think Denver crushes Seattle.

TacklingDummy
01-20-2014, 07:22 PM
If Johnny Flutie Manziel is there at 9, they got to take him.

They would even find my azz in the seats next year.

Turf
01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
After watching the arms and accuracy of real NFL QB's in this playoff, it aint EJ. We need a QB and I would take Manziel in a heartbeat.

JoeMama
01-20-2014, 08:46 PM
No, Russell Wilson is a better pocket passer than Flutie.

Even if you shadow him with an OLB, he still has the smarts and arm to get the ball where it needs to go. He's a very good pocket passer.

TigerJ
01-20-2014, 09:45 PM
Wilson can improvise the way Flutie could, and not a lot of QBs can, but as has been stated, he has a better arm, and in general I think he plays with more discipline than Flutie did.
I think next season we'll probably see something close to the second coming of Flutie in Johnny Football.

Spiderweb
01-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Flutie sucked that year and Johnson effectively won that Titans game; still can't believe there are Bills fans that forget this. What I recall was that Johnson sucked in the first half of that game, and that both our OT's (Fina and Hicks) were playing on fumes being that both were hurting and got hurt further during the game. Strange as it sounds, Johnson played a gutsy second half and the game was in the bag with 16 seconds left to go.

I also do recall the 1999 version of Flutie was one that was as bad as the 1998 version was good. Yet, hindsight (well expressed around here) would say that Flutie should have played, especially with Johnson playing as poorly as he did in the first half.

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 10:36 AM
lol. Funny.

You're forgetting which qb got us to the playoffs to begin with. It wasn't Johnson.And flutie having a bad day was still better then johnson on a good day.

ghz in pittsburgh
01-21-2014, 11:00 AM
I think Seattle wins as well but not because of Wilson. Defense wins championships and I still believe that.

From my seat, I saw a Wilson this season needed time to decide what to do with the ball. He has the athletic ability to find time unless it is teams like the Niners or Panthers who is tough on passers. I expect Denver to do the same like they did to Brady, rushing 3 and drop most to coverage, throwing in the occasion blitz. So we'll see what happens when the play gets extended a lot as Wilson is much more elusive than Brady.

Buffalogic
01-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Wilson, Kaepernick, Griffin...They are all the same guy. All three will be backups or out of the league in 3 years.

EDS
01-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Wilson, Kaepernick, Griffin...They are all the same guy. All three will be backups or out of the league in 3 years.

For posterity.