X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

With The 9th Pick In The 2014 NFL Draft, The Buffalo Bills Select

Eric Ebron, Tight End from The University of North Carolina.

At 6'4 245 lbs, he will instantly become EJ Manuel's new best friend if the Bills draft him. Like a new soft pillow, so comfy.

Not sold on Mike Evans in round 1.

What about Sammy Watkins or Marqise Lee? The Bills already have those types of receivers on the roster, like 4 of them already. Graham, Stevie, Woods, and Marquice. They're not going to draft another 200 lb wideout. The Bills need a bigger, taller target for EJ Manuel to throw to in 2014 so those other guys can get open!

What I like most about Eric Ebron is his ability to catch the ball over the middle of the field. Definitely would not want to be a defensive back in the NFL playing against him. He has good hands, and plays like a natural born football player. He's not just an athletic weight room freak, he's a football player.

In order for the Bills offense to work as envisioned by coach Hackett, they need a dominate Tight End that defenses will focus on.

Chandler is a decent player, but teams don't game plan against him, and he's never covered by more than one player.

Oh how Tom Brady wishes Gronk never get hurt and Hernandez didn't go all gangman style.

The K-Gun offense is a memory, but Hackett has the old playbook and I'm sure he knows that offense was named after the Bills Tight End Keith McKeller, not Jim Kelly. McKeller was 6'6 240 lbs. Drafted in the 9th round. Bill Belichick learned a thing or two from the Bills back then about drafting big Tight Ends over the years.

The E-Gun offense? If not Eric Ebron, who else would be a better weapon for EJ Manuel and the Bills offense in 2014?

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: With The 9th Pick In The 2014 NFL Draft, The Buffalo Bills Select

I'd be ok with that.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Only thing that sucks about being a receiver for the Bills is the person who throws them the ball.
      He'll look like a bust until the Bills get the QB who can get him the ball.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Using the 9th pick overall for a non-elite TE is just plain stupid.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Not a fan of first round tight ends, but if they get 2 offensive linemen, a MLB and a DT in FA then what the hell.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

I'll take a killer TE all day in the first round.

We need weapons on offense and early reports say we can't afford Scott Chandler because someone else will overpay because he's 6'8".
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

He looks AWESOME to me! I'm no expert but would love to trade down if possible. Get him at 15 maybe and the best OL prospect then on the same first round, or early on second depending on the posible deal.
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

It depends what did we do in free agency first. Right now with nothing being done I'd say Greg Robinson assuming he's available but that's still in doubt. One guy who should be there and meets a need and can be an impact rookie is CJ Mosley. I understand the thinking of wanting a top flight TE but look at what rookie TEs as rookies over the last six years:

2013 - Tim Wright TAM — 54-575-5
                2013 - Jordan Reed WAS — 45-499-2
                2012 – Dwayne Allen IND — 45-521-3
                2012 – Coby Fleener IND — 26 -281-2
                2011 – Lance Kendricks, STL — 28-353-0
                2011 – Kyle Rudolph, MIN – 26-249-3
                2010 – Rob Gronkowski, NE – 42-546-10
                2010 – Aaron Hernandez, NE – 45-563-6
                2010 – Jimmy Graham, NO – 31-356-5
                2010 – Jermaine Gresham, CIN — 53-471-4
                2010 – Tony Moeaki, KC – 47-556-3
                2009 – Brandon Pettigrew, DET – 30-346-2
                2009 – Zach Miller, JAC – 21-212-2
                2008 – John Carlson, SEA – 55-627-5
                2008 – Dustin Keller, NYJ – 48-535-3
                2007 – Zach Miller, OAK – 44-444-3
                2007 — Greg Olsen, CHI – 39-391-2

Now some of these have had good years after their rookie years but as rookies I wouldn't call any of them impactful except for maybe Gronk for his TDs but does anyone expect Ebron to match those numbers? I know realistically I can so nope. So that's why I say fill the need with a veteran like Dennis Pitta.
                Last edited by The Jokeman; 01-20-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• clumping platelets

LEWAN

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                    LEWAN
                    I'd consider him if Richardson is off the board but he's a better candidate if we traded down to the mid to late teens.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      I'd consider him if Richardson is off the board but he's a better candidate if we traded down to the mid to late teens.

I've seen Richardson at #2 to the Rams but isn't he a LT? We need RT as much as we need help at LG........Lewan is better suited at RT IMO.

I agree about moving down a few spots..........worked damn well last year.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I'd move down a bit for him but I'd love to have that kid wear a Bills uni.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                          I'd move down a bit for him but I'd love to have that kid wear a Bills uni.

Lewan

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                            Lewan
                            If I didn't know better I'd think you want us to draft Lewan....

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Stay tuned to see if the bills re-sign Chandler. If they don't that could very well happen especiall with the salary 1st rounders get with the new CBA. Ralph is cheap.

I'd trade down and get a couple more picks like last year though.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X