PDA

View Full Version : #1 QB in pro football retires.

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 10:37 AM
http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/94209

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 10:48 AM

Mike13
01-21-2014, 10:51 AM
I came into this thread expecting this to be about an Arena Footall League QB.

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Actually I should have said #1 in passing in profootball, and arena is not real football. There is only 2 real football leagues in the world.

justasportsfan
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
There is only 2 real football leagues in the world.

I agree. NFL and NCAA :biggrin:

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/moffat-ac-a-winner-both-on-and-off-the-field

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 10:57 AM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/the-vegas-days-calvillos-long-road-started-down-south

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.cfl.ca/article/making-his-mark-how-ac-re-wrote-the-record-book

The last buffalo fan
01-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Congrats, JP Losman!

mightysimi
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Good riddance Calvillo don't let the door hit you on the way out.

WagonCircler
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Actually I should have said #1 in passing in profootball, and arena is not real football. There is only 2 real football leagues in the world.

In other news, Joe ****** "The Ragman", all time home run king of the East Aurora over 50 softball league has decided to call it a career.

mightysimi
01-21-2014, 11:47 AM
In other news, Joe ****** "The Ragman", all time home run king of the East Aurora over 50 softball league has decided to call it a career.

Get over yourselves, we are at what Superbowl 48? The last was the 101st Grey cup. Not some flash in the pan UFL or XFL league.

mightysimi
01-21-2014, 11:53 AM
79,816 yards and 455 touchdowns is nothing to scoff at.

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Trestman said he should have been in the NFL. And if you don't know who trestman is, he is the next NFL legend.

Mike13
01-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Trestman said he should have been in the NFL. And if you don't know who trestman is, he is the next NFL legend.

I think Cam Wake is proof positive that more CFLers should be given harder looks by the NFL.
Ideally the NFL should have a proper D-League.

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
I think Cam Wake is proof positive that more CFLers should be given harder looks by the NFL.
Ideally the NFL should have a proper D-League.The CFL will never be a D league for the NFL, we are our own league. But should he get canton consideration?

JediMindPowers
01-21-2014, 02:58 PM

Yea, and its from an even worse league.

ticatfan
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Yea, and its from an even worse league.I just can't get over how stupid people can be.

JediMindPowers
01-21-2014, 03:20 PM
I just can't get over how stupid people can be.

Kinda like how I cant get over how bad the CFL is.

WagonCircler
01-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Get over yourselves, we are at what Superbowl 48? The last was the 101st Grey cup. Not some flash in the pan UFL or XFL league.

First of all, Pop Warner football has been around for almost 100 years too.

Second, and I can't believe anyone can be this stupid, the Super Bowl only started counting by numbers after the merger of the AFL and NFL. DECADES after the beginning of AMERICAN football.

In fact, our first college football game was played in 1869.

BTW, Auburn, Alabama, or any US college team would kick the living ****** out of your Grey Cup champions.

Downinfloflo
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
It's weird how the WR's in the CFL get a 10 yard running start before the ball even gets to the QB.

WagonCircler
01-21-2014, 04:19 PM
It's weird how the WR's in the CFL get a 10 yard running start before the ball even gets to the QB.

It's even weirder how they're passed up by 32 NFL teams before they get to the border.

ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Wrong forum. And who cares?

THATHURMANATOR
01-21-2014, 08:35 PM
We don't care about the CFL. Sorry

gr8slayer
01-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Fake football.

- - - Updated - - -

Fake football.

YardRat
01-21-2014, 10:15 PM

You set your expectations too high.

jimmifli
01-22-2014, 01:51 AM
Ideally the NFL should have a proper D-League.
CFL OT's are smaller and faster with NFL quality pass blocking, the NFL guys can do that while weighing 300lbs and running blocking that's why they're in the NFL. But it also means a pass rusher that can beat those little guys with speed and finesse has a reasonable chance of doing the same against NFL lineman. CFL passrushers can be legit.

Also, I'm surprised the punters don't fare better. Heavier ball... 40+ punts /game... seems like they'd be good in the NFL too.

feldspar
01-22-2014, 06:24 AM
I've never even heard of Anthony Calvillo.

That's what the CFL means to me. Calling it pro football is like calling the kid who made my hamburger at McDonald's a chef.

mightysimi
01-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Second, and I can't believe anyone can be this stupid, the Super Bowl only started counting by numbers after the merger of the AFL and NFL. DECADES after the beginning of AMERICAN football.

BTW, Auburn, Alabama, or any US college team would kick the living ****** out of your Grey Cup champions.

It's a different game. Why does every QB that goes up to Canada not dominate? If they are so much better why didn't they crush the competition? Why didn't Ricky Williams in his prime not just run all over the league?

Also I would like to see a college team play CFL rules. I don't think it would turn out the way you think. There is a reason that the players are smaller and faster. The field is way bigger. You think a 260 LB can cover that much ground?

How many years before the merger did they play a championship game? I don't think it was 60. My basic search got 1932.

Right I get it you guys don't like the CFL but to act like the accomplishments are pedestrian is plain ignorant.

jdaltroy5
01-22-2014, 09:21 AM
It's a different game. Why does every QB that goes up to Canada not dominate? If they are so much better why didn't they crush the competition? Why didn't Ricky Williams in his prime not just run all over the league?

Also I would like to see a college team play CFL rules. I don't think it would turn out the way you think. There is a reason that the players are smaller and faster. The field is way bigger. You think a 260 LB can cover that much ground?

How many years before the merger did they play a championship game? I don't think it was 60. My basic search got 1932.

Right I get it you guys don't like the CFL but to act like the accomplishments are pedestrian is plain ignorant.It's a different game.

If Alabama or Auburn played against Saskatchewan tomorrow with CFL rules, I think Saskatchewan would probably win. If they played with NFL rules, I think the NCAA team wins.

A CFL DL isn't really meant to plug gaps and stop the run. It's meant to get to the QB before they can get rid of the ball.

Anyway, if Anthony Calvillo could've played in the NFL, he would have.

mightysimi
01-22-2014, 09:30 AM
It's a different game.

If Alabama or Auburn played against Saskatchewan tomorrow with CFL rules, I think Saskatchewan would probably win. If they played with NFL rules, I think the NCAA team wins.

A CFL DL isn't really meant to plug gaps and stop the run. It's meant to get to the QB before they can get rid of the ball.

Anyway, if Anthony Calvillo could've played in the NFL, he would have.

You are right about that. No way he would have stayed if he could have played down south.

ticatfan
01-22-2014, 09:47 AM

BTW, Auburn, Alabama, or any US college team would kick the living ****** out of your Grey Cup champions.This has to be the stupidest post I have ever read. If you had paid attention thru the yrs you would know canada taught america about about football and maybe 2-4 players per college team will make a CFL roster. A college team against the Grey Cup champs probabaly would even get on the score board. This is just a thread about a guy that put in 20 yrs as a pro football player and deserves some credit. So take you stupid remarks and your ignorance about the history of football and go home and whack off to your LP Loseman poster..

ticatfan
01-22-2014, 09:49 AM
It's a different game.

Anyway, if Anthony Calvillo could've played in the NFL, he would have.That is BS, alot of players up get ignored and when he was making a 1/2 mil , king of a city #1 in a league and respected by a country ,with a goodlooking canadian wife. sometimes the lure of big money in the NFL is not enough.

jdaltroy5
01-22-2014, 10:16 AM
That is BS, alot of players up get ignored and when he was making a 1/2 mil , king of a city #1 in a league and respected by a country ,with a goodlooking canadian wife. sometimes the lure of big money in the NFL is not enough.A lot of players get ignored because they simply aren't good enough or they stay in the CFL because they know they can't cut it in the NFL. Great players in the CFL move up to the NFL and crap players from the NFL move down to the CFL. That's the way it works. That's not to say that just because you're in the NFL automatically means that you would dominate the CFL. Like I said, it's a different game with a different skill set required.

They guy was making the league max at 400k per year, which is a little more than he would've made on the practice squad of an NFL team. It's about 15% of what a decent backup makes.

Why on Earth would he want to make significantly less money to play in a second tier league? He either wasn't good enough or he thought he wasn't good enough (which is not a great trait to have as a QB).

And he's not "king of the city." That's like saying Ricky Ray is king of Toronto. Respected and admired, sure, but Montreal is a hockey town first and foremost. The Als had to move out of the O because it was always half empty.

WagonCircler
01-22-2014, 11:00 AM
This has to be the stupidest post I have ever read. If you had paid attention thru the yrs you would know canada taught america about about football and maybe 2-4 players per college team will make a CFL roster. A college team against the Grey Cup champs probabaly would even get on the score board. This is just a thread about a guy that put in 20 yrs as a pro football player and deserves some credit. So take you stupid remarks and your ignorance about the history of football and go home and whack off to your LP Loseman poster..

Hahahahaha!!!! What a ******** joke this entire thread is.

You are the most delusional poster on this or any other football board. Nobody,, and that includes most Canadians, gives a good God damn about the CFL. It's a minor league at best that's always teetering on the brink of extinction.

Curling literally gets more play here.

The biggest joke is your thread title. You and a couple of your homeboys backtrack and say "It's a different game" but you know damned good and well that your thread title was meant to imply the the nobody it refers to is the greatest QB on Earth.

Absolutely asinine.

And you're out of your mind if you don't think that even the worst SEC team would kick the snot out of your best band of minor league wannabes. I don't care what rules they're playing.

One last logical fallacy, among the dozen or so in your lame ass argument--that only one or two players from each US college make each CFL roster. There are TWO HUNDRED FORTY FIVE US college football programs. There are NINE ragged ass CFL teams.

Do the math, Sparky.

I'm pretty sure you and BuffaloSuperFan from the other Bills Fan site are the same guy. There can't be too many whack jobs out there to think that any football player on Earth would rather play in the CFL than the NFL.

ticatfan
01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Don't waste your time, I have been here long enough to know that you are just a little arrogant punk, and that hardly anyone here pays attention to you. And by the way you said 1st college game was 1869 ,well that was the yr my tigercats came in existence, the oldest professional sports team in north america. And yes of course people want to go where the money is, at one time it went in the other direction. But when established in the CFL, doing better then most people sometime it is not worth the risk to chance it .

ticatfan
01-22-2014, 12:20 PM
A lot of players get ignored because they simply aren't good enough or they stay in the CFL because they know they can't cut it in the NFL. Great players in the CFL move up to the NFL and crap players from the NFL move down to the CFL. That's the way it works. That's not to say that just because you're in the NFL automatically means that you would dominate the CFL. Like I said, it's a different game with a different skill set required.

They guy was making the league max at 400k per year, which is a little more than he would've made on the practice squad of an NFL team. It's about 15% of what a decent backup makes.

Why on Earth would he want to make significantly less money to play in a second tier league? He either wasn't good enough or he thought he wasn't good enough (which is not a great trait to have as a QB).

And he's not "king of the city." That's like saying Ricky Ray is king of Toronto. Respected and admired, sure, but Montreal is a hockey town first and foremost. The Als had to move out of the O because it was always half empty.It is a differenr game with different skill sets and alot of NFL'ers would not make it here also. Yes the NFL is the big league ,but it has peaked and the CFL is #2 that is growing by leaps and bounds and with the new TV deal finally the player can get the pay they deserve. Just like when ricky williams came her he was going to burn the league up, he sucked and went back to the NFL.

EricStratton
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
A quick look at the Toronto roster shows at least 30 players from US colleges.

EricStratton
01-22-2014, 12:30 PM
Hell, Anthony Calvillo is from LA and played at Utah State

stuckincincy
01-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Hahahahaha!!!! What a ******** joke this entire thread is.

You are the most delusional poster on this or any other football board. Nobody,, and that includes most Canadians, gives a good God damn about the CFL. It's a minor league at best that's always teetering on the brink of extinction.

Curling literally gets more play here.

The biggest joke is your thread title. You and a couple of your homeboys backtrack and say "It's a different game" but you know damned good and well that your thread title was meant to imply the the nobody it refers to is the greatest QB on Earth.

Absolutely asinine.

And you're out of your mind if you don't think that even the worst SEC team would kick the snot out of your best band of minor league wannabes. I don't care what rules they're playing.

One last logical fallacy, among the dozen or so in your lame ass argument--that only one or two players from each US college make each CFL roster. There are TWO HUNDRED FORTY FIVE US college football programs. There are NINE ragged ass CFL teams.

Do the math, Sparky.

I'm pretty sure you and BuffaloSuperFan from the other Bills Fan site are the same guy. There can't be too many whack jobs out there to think that any football player on Earth would rather play in the CFL than the NFL.

What a bunch of vicious, rude, personally attacking, demeaning spew. You are a poster boy for our society that is sadly swirling down the toilet.

jdaltroy5
01-22-2014, 01:15 PM
It is a differenr game with different skill sets and alot of NFL'ers would not make it here also. Yes the NFL is the big league ,but it has peaked and the CFL is #2 that is growing by leaps and bounds and with the new TV deal finally the player can get the pay they deserve. Just like when ricky williams came her he was going to burn the league up, he sucked and went back to the NFL.Yes, there are some NFLers that just aren't suited to play in the CFL, Ricky Williams was one of them.

That still doesn't change the fact that when a guy can't make the NFL, he goes and plays in the CFL, and not the other way around.

It doesn't matter if the CFL is growing by leaps and bounds. It was on the brink of collapsing just a few short years ago. The CFL is entertaining, but it will never be the juggernaut that is the NFL.

It's as popular as it's ever been, but it still only brings in a small fraction of the revenue that the NFL does.

ticatfan
01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Yes, there are some NFLers that just aren't suited to play in the CFL, Ricky Williams was one of them.

That still doesn't change the fact that when a guy can't make the NFL, he goes and plays in the CFL, and not the other way around.

It doesn't matter if the CFL is growing by leaps and bounds. It was on the brink of collapsing just a few short years ago. The CFL is entertaining, but it will never be the juggernaut that is the NFL.

It's as popular as it's ever been, but it still only brings in a small fraction of the revenue that the NFL does.America is 10x bigger ,I think the old girl has done well. But the thing is,this was never about what is better, unfortunitly some ass holes here start that ****. All this was about was a kid from east LA that has done pretty dam good for himself. It is a good football story.

feldspar
01-22-2014, 02:45 PM
America is 10x bigger ,I think the old girl has done well. But the thing is,this was never about what is better, unfortunitly some ass holes here start that ****. All this was about was a kid from east LA that has done pretty dam good for himself. It is a good football story.

It's something the vast majority Americans don't care about in the slightest, including football fans.

May as well start a thread about about a great soccer player...after all, that's "football" too, isn't it? Also a "different game."

You should not be surprised in the least on how this thread was received on this board, especially considering the obvious bait of a title.

WagonCircler
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
America is 10x bigger ,I think the old girl has done well..

You just made my point for me.

The fact is, you implied that your boy Cavawhatever is the best QB in professional football.

Horsescheidt. Period.

I remember you posting once that the Grey Cup got higher TV ratings than the Super Bowl. You have your own little reality.

WagonCircler
01-22-2014, 02:50 PM
You should not be surprised in the least on how this thread was received on this board, especially considering the obvious bait of a title.

EXACTLY. And he started the thread in the BUFFALO BILLS forum.

This thread asked for a *****-slapping and it got one.

DraftBoy
01-22-2014, 02:51 PM
That is BS, alot of players up get ignored and when he was making a 1/2 mil , king of a city #1 in a league and respected by a country ,with a goodlooking canadian wife. sometimes the lure of big money in the NFL is not enough.

Calvillo had NFL workouts over the years, he never got an offer. Like many said if he was good enough for the NFL he would of been in the NFL. Let's not forget that Ricky Ray was in the league for a while. So its not like players get ignored, the CFL is well scouted by NFL teams. Just a different style that doesn't transition well.

ticatfan
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
A letter to the editor shows what a great guy he was.
As a nurse at the Montreal Children’s Hospital, I first saw Anthony Calvillo in 2009, soon after his team won the Grey Cup. He came that day to see some of our sick children and put a smile on all their faces.

Many professional athletes come to the hospital from time to time, but Calvillo seemed different; he dressed in regular clothing and was extremely friendly and approachable. The kids loved him. I can remember shaking his hand and congratulating him on his thrilling victory, and thinking to myself, “why does this guy seem so down to earth?”

I later learned from one of my patients — a teenage boy stricken with a rare form of lung cancer — that he and “A.C.” had become “buddies.” Over the next year, my patient became more and more ill and his death, as we all feared, was approaching. In 2010, after Calvillo himself was battling his own cancer, I caught a quick glimpse of him on my ward, sneaking in to see his buddy. There were no cameras, no photographers, just Calvillo, alone, with an autographed football, for his friend.

My patient — who loved football — died in January 2011, and at his wake, he was holding the ball that was given to him by a great quarterback who loves people.

We at the Children’s wish him the best in his retirement.

But later in his carreer I am sure he could have done better then some that play in the NFL, alot of americans say troy smith can play in the NFL compared to some QB 's that are in it. And of course the one peice of evidence is tebow and tebow certainly can not make a CFL club, andf if he can win in the NFL A.C would not have a problem.

feldspar
01-22-2014, 03:07 PM
A letter to the editor shows what a great guy he was.
As a nurse at the Montreal Children’s Hospital, I first saw Anthony Calvillo in 2009, soon after his team won the Grey Cup. He came that day to see some of our sick children and put a smile on all their faces.

Many professional athletes come to the hospital from time to time, but Calvillo seemed different; he dressed in regular clothing and was extremely friendly and approachable. The kids loved him. I can remember shaking his hand and congratulating him on his thrilling victory, and thinking to myself, “why does this guy seem so down to earth?”

I later learned from one of my patients — a teenage boy stricken with a rare form of lung cancer — that he and “A.C.” had become “buddies.” Over the next year, my patient became more and more ill and his death, as we all feared, was approaching. In 2010, after Calvillo himself was battling his own cancer, I caught a quick glimpse of him on my ward, sneaking in to see his buddy. There were no cameras, no photographers, just Calvillo, alone, with an autographed football, for his friend.

My patient — who loved football — died in January 2011, and at his wake, he was holding the ball that was given to him by a great quarterback who loves people.

We at the Children’s wish him the best in his retirement.

But later in his carreer I am sure he could have done better then some that play in the NFL, alot of americans say troy smith can play in the NFL compared to some QB 's that are in it. And of course the one peice of evidence is tebow and tebow certainly can not make a CFL club, andf if he can win in the NFL A.C would not have a problem.

LOL, give it up dude.

BillsFever21
01-22-2014, 06:26 PM
The first time any of the top NFL prospects from college choose to enter the CFL instead of the NFL draft then you can rave about the CFL being a top professional football league. Hell even the lower rated prospects. That's where they end up when they can't make an NFL team.

DraftBoy
01-22-2014, 06:34 PM
The first time any of the top NFL prospects from college choose to enter the CFL instead of the NFL draft then you can rave about the CFL being a top professional football league. Hell even the lower rated prospects. That's where they end up when they can't make an NFL team.

That's not entirely true, plenty of prospects sign with CFL teams instead of going through the NFL draft and UDFA process. Most do it because they are better suited for the game. Most notably would be LB JC Sherritt. He signed with Edmonton of the CFL on 4/20/11 well before the draft even took place.

He was the FCS Defensive Player of the Year and has gone on to be one of the best LB's in the CFL. He'll never get a NFL shot though because he's only 5'9.

mightysimi
01-22-2014, 06:35 PM

Rocket Ismail is the only one I can think of that turned down the NFL to play in the CFL. He was a Heisman finalist and potential top 5 pick in the draft. He made the jump eventually but originally went to Toronto. I don't think anyone (at least from what I can see) is saying it is a better league. Everyone knows where the best talent (and money) is. The point of this all is that regardless of the league almost 80000 yards and over 450 TD's is quite a feat and shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

WagonCircler
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Rocket Ismail is the only one I can think of that turned down the NFL to play in the CFL. He was a Heisman finalist and potential top 5 pick in the draft. He made the jump eventually but originally went to Toronto. I don't think anyone (at least from what I can see) is saying it is a better league. Everyone knows where the best talent (and money) is. The point of this all is that regardless of the league almost 80000 yards and over 450 TD's is quite a feat and shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

The Rocket signing was an expensive publicity stunt. (Apparently Rodgers wasn't the only idiot in Toronto who liked to piss away millions of dollars on pipe dreams):

It would have been difficult to offer Ismail enough money to join the CFL, but Bruce McNall, who with hockey player Wayne Gretzky and actor John Candy had recently purchased the Toronto Argonauts, tried. The Argonauts made Ismail a then unheard of offer for a CFL player: $18.2 million over four years. The average value of his full contract, $4.55 million per season, was more than the anticipated 2006 CFL salary cap of $3.8 million per team. The CFL had a salary cap in place since 1991, but the rules contained an exemption for a "marquee player" who would not count against the cap. Doug Flutie of the BC Lions was about to be paid a million dollars under the exemption, but Ismail's contract was more than anything North American football had ever seen, as his yearly salary was then the largest in Canadian or American football history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raghib_Ismail

He played two years, collected his money, then left to play in a real league.

Listen, if this thread was posted in the correct forum, nobody would bat an eye. But TicatFreakishlyObsessiveCreeper intentionally posted it in the Buffalo Bills forum and titled it to imply that this also-ran was the best QB in pro football.

feldspar
01-22-2014, 07:21 PM
The Rocket signing was an expensive publicity stunt. (Apparently Rodgers wasn't the only idiot in Toronto who liked to piss away millions of dollars on pipe dreams):

It would have been difficult to offer Ismail enough money to join the CFL, but Bruce McNall, who with hockey player Wayne Gretzky and actor John Candy had recently purchased the Toronto Argonauts, tried. The Argonauts made Ismail a then unheard of offer for a CFL player: $18.2 million over four years. The average value of his full contract, $4.55 million per season, was more than the anticipated 2006 CFL salary cap of $3.8 million per team. The CFL had a salary cap in place since 1991, but the rules contained an exemption for a "marquee player" who would not count against the cap. Doug Flutie of the BC Lions was about to be paid a million dollars under the exemption, but Ismail's contract was more than anything North American football had ever seen, as his yearly salary was then the largest in Canadian or American football history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raghib_Ismail

He played two years, collected his money, then left to play in a real league.

Listen, if this thread was posted in the correct forum, nobody would bat an eye. But TicatFreakishlyObsessiveCreeper intentionally posted it in the Buffalo Bills forum and titled it to imply that this also-ran was the best QB in pro football.

Yeah, but the guy likes kids...you got something agianst sick children or something? LOL.

I did not know that about the Rocket.

Mace
01-22-2014, 07:37 PM

I think I know him. He was phenomenal.

Props to Calvillo though. I'm glad he found a place to play, had fun, tore it up and doesn't seem at all regretful. Took a lot of work. Can't not like a guy for that.

WagonCircler
01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
I think I know him. He was phenomenal.

Props to Calvillo though. I'm glad he found a place to play, had fun, tore it up and doesn't seem at all regretful. Took a lot of work. Can't not like a guy for that.

I have zero problem with Joe Calvillo. I have a problem with someone calling him the #1 QB in pro football.

He couldn't carry Joe ****** The Ragman's jock strap. (Much less any NFL QBs)

ticatfan
01-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Yeah, but the guy likes kids...you got something agianst sick children or something? LOL.

I did not know that about the Rocket.

Alot of people don't know **** about the CFL and how close it is to the NFL, alot closer then the salaries. But size was the main factor in him not making the CFL , but now that has changed where guys like flutie and AC will get a better chance at playing in the NFL. Funny how the NFL is changing it ways and looking more and more like the CFL, they have realized people want action now ,not 3 yrs and a pile of dust. What you guys should do is watch the series engraved on a nation
http://adsales.bellmedia.ca/Network/TSN2/CFL-Documentaries-Engraved-on-a-Nation 8 CFL short stories on the league and since 50% of the players are american, alot of america content like The chuck ealey Story another black QB that was the best in america and had to come north, moon was not the 1st. Watch these shows sometime and you will feel different about the CFL and it rich canadian and america history.

WagonCircler
01-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Alot of people don't know **** about the CFL and how close it is to the NFL, alot closer then the salaries. But size was the main factor in him not making the CFL , but now that has changed where guys like flutie and AC will get a better chance at playing in the NFL. Funny how the NFL is changing it ways and looking more and more like the CFL, they have realized people want action now ,not 3 yrs and a pile of dust. What you guys should do is watch the series engraved on a nation
http://adsales.bellmedia.ca/Network/TSN2/CFL-Documentaries-Engraved-on-a-Nation 8 CFL short stories on the league and since 50% of the players are american, alot of america content like The chuck ealey Story another black QB that was the best in america and had to come north, moon was not the 1st. Watch these shows sometime and you will feel different about the CFL and it rich canadian and america history.

You live in your own little fantasy world.

No one outside of a small group in Canada will ever give a damn about the CFL.

What you're doing here is no different than a fan of the Medicine Hat Tigers spamming a Chicago Blackhawks message board.

ParanoidAndroid
01-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Let. This. Thread. Die.

ticatfan
01-23-2014, 12:43 PM
You live in your own little fantasy world.

No one outside of a small group in Canada will ever give a damn about the CFL.

What you're doing here is no different than a fan of the Medicine Hat Tigers spamming a Chicago Blackhawks message board.Well actually you are wrong, viewership in the states is growing and alot of america football fans are loving the game. You see there is 2 fans, NFL and a football fans. So if you are not a football fan then STFU. And I hate to tell you this but in canada CFL ratings are alot better then NFL ratings.

DraftBoy
01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Well actually you are wrong, viewership in the states is growing and alot of america football fans are loving the game. You see there is 2 fans, NFL and a football fans. So if you are not a football fan then STFU. And I hate to tell you this but in canada CFL ratings are alot better then NFL ratings.

No they aren't and its not close.

Super Bowl draws around 9 million viewers in Canada, Grey Cup gets around 5. Division Series and Conference Championship games also get higher ratings then their CFL counterparts. On a week to basis where the local CFL team is on v. a bad NFL game the CFL may get better ratings. But as a whole they don't draw better.

feldspar
01-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Alot of people don't know **** about the CFL

Could it be that's because they don't give a rat's ass?

You are just digging yourself in a deeper hole here the more you post. We're just not interested in the three-and-a-half teams you got there, eh? Take that personally or not, but just please stop trying to gain our interest. It's just not gonna happen.

Or keep it up...this is humorous to me.

WagonCircler
01-23-2014, 02:02 PM
No they aren't and its not close.

Super Bowl draws around 9 million viewers in Canada, Grey Cup gets around 5. Division Series and Conference Championship games also get higher ratings then their CFL counterparts. On a week to basis where the local CFL team is on v. a bad NFL game the CFL may get better ratings. But as a whole they don't draw better.

CFL games average 311,000 viewers in the US. That's the TV equivalent of pocket lint.

But in Ticat's fantasy world, the CFL is blowing it up!