PDA

View Full Version : The only WR id want

Cali512
01-22-2014, 12:06 PM
Jarvis Landry WR LSU. Hes the only WR ive seen that will go after anything thrown near him. Hes not big but at 6-1 plays like brandon lloyd with better routes and less drops. Kelvin and mike adams are the 2 main other throw when not open Wrs but neither are ever open. There to slow and are in my opinion the next hardy, with a little more speed. Plus Landry can adjust to Ejs passes and can do jump balls just as good as a 6-5 WR. Unlike all the other top Wrs, his QB wasnt incredible and he was the reason alot of passes were tds not ints. Hes the type of scrappy WR we need. Get him in the 3rd. Trade byrd and move back in the 1st for Jenkins and draft khalil or jake matthews at 9

trapezeus
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
the size issue is a worry. we have those guys, it seems like we need at least one large guy who makes ej feel like he's always open.

your evaluation says he could be that guy, but the safer choice tends to be the guy who has size for whatever reason.

stuckincincy
01-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Landry's chit chat on CBSSport's site:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824833/jarvis-landry

Cali512
01-22-2014, 04:31 PM
I don't think size matters. Its clear his leaping ability and way he uses his 6-1 size, he can get the ball. He has the best hand eye coordination I've seen in a long time

trapezeus
01-22-2014, 04:37 PM
that may be true. and if he's in the 3rd round, yeah, sounds like a good move. but i think for a young inaccurate QB thus far, more sure handed big body receivers are better.

but the WR position is one of the hardest to get right in the draft.

not disagreeing with you, just saying that the risk reward situation is better with bigger WR specifically for a young qb. they like the TE early and as they develop, use the rest of the arsenal.

Cali512
01-22-2014, 04:50 PM
2 Other things. He's very good at fighting, has amazing heart. And he is very willing to block. And if we got a big TE would you be OK with a 6-1 WR

- - - Updated - - -

2 Other things. He's very good at fighting, has amazing heart. And he is very willing to block. And if we got a big TE would you be OK with a 6-1 WR

YardRat
01-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Anquan Boldin is 6'1", and he's one of the best at 'always open'.

Cali512
01-22-2014, 08:20 PM
After the combine well see his numbers. Its apparent to me that his vertical is gonna be one of the best. Think about this too. At 6-6 and 6-4 like Adams and Benjamin. They may be tall, but they may not have amazing verticals. If his vertical is about 4-5 inches over the huge WRs, then he will be able to get those passes and it will surprise DBs. A DB is going to always go strong for any pass vs huge WRz. If they are guarding a man there size during overthrown passes they might not think to fight as hard assuming they both have no shot at it. I have also seen him go after passes behind him, to far in front, and low. Any time that there's a pass to him, he goes all out for it.

Cali512
01-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Anymore thoughts? The pettine situation is bumping everything down lol