PDA

View Full Version : Can we hunt for replacement coaches from teams that had winning records ?

Skooby
01-22-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm seeing coaches hated by their players being mentioned for our open / soon to be opened coaching spots.
I have a crazy idea, lets hunt for coaches with higher-levels of success instead of trying to pick-up retreads from losing team. Spend the extra money to get guys that might improve our team, lateral moves not wanted or needed.

better days
01-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Almost impossible to sign a guy to a lateral move.

Even if you could, why would anyone from a winning team want to leave unless it is for a promotion?

If you want to sign a guy from a winning team, you will have to offer him a promotion.

SpikedLemonade
01-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Of course we will recruit replacement coaches from teams with winning records -- Syracuse had a winning record this past year.

pmoon6
01-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Must be something in the water in Florida or maybe just the effects of long term abuse.

Skooby
01-23-2014, 07:22 AM
Must be something in the water in Florida or maybe just the effects of long term abuse.
They don't filter this prison water.

Historian
01-23-2014, 11:57 AM
In order to sway anyone decent, you would have to pay him more than Marrone.

Ain't gonna happen.

jdaltroy5
01-23-2014, 12:19 PM
I believe most teams will block an interview for a lateral move.

DraftBoy
01-23-2014, 12:42 PM
I believe most teams will block an interview for a lateral move.

One way around that is to offer Asst HC, so you can call it a "promotion" but I think even then teams still have the option.

GingerP
01-23-2014, 03:25 PM
One way around that is to offer Asst HC, so you can call it a "promotion" but I think even then teams still have the option.

All assistants are considered the same level, the only "promotion" is to HC. You can block any assistant from taking another job if under contract, even if it means being elevated to coordinator. For instance, the Steelers did that exact thing recently with Keith Butler.