Possible new DCs now that Pettine is gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Uncle Jesse
    • Sep 2004

Possible new DCs now that Pettine is gone.

Wade is an obvious choice. Proven. Top 10 Ds all the time. Wants a gig.

Also Donnie Henderson, a in house move. Knows the system, been around Pettine for a while. Players, including Byrd, love him.

Who else? The Bills say they have a plan in place.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Possible new DCs now that Pettine is gone.

I wonder if Henderson stays if he is passed up for the DC job.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

I think Henderson will be DC, and our D will be awful under him if he is tagged as DC.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

The question will be better answered after we see what coaches Pettine takes with him. O'Neil is likely gone, Henderson could go as well.

Personally I'm calling Pats fmr LB Coach Pepper Johnson and bringing him in today.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Marrone's said he wanted an attacking style defense and offense. Based on Wades history, he should fit that desription. Maybe Marrone looks at one of seahawks' assistants.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-23-2014, 10:55 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bone
            Bone
            • Oct 2006

Henderson to DC. I love the defense and don't want to see it change.
            BILLIEVE

Comment

• DesertFox24
              • Jul 2005

I want Weaver and Henderson to stay. Oneil can guy as far as I am concerned, I like the guy and all but I think Weaver and Henderson were the two crucial positions coaches to our defense last year.

I like the idea of Wade but I am not sure he would be able to call the defense that we ran last year.

I think the best choice is Henderson and the new guy they hired takes over as DB coach (he coached DBs in Tampa last year and they had a good year).

As for LB coach I would look to see if they can convince Pepper to come in as LB coach but with some bigger title like run d coordinator and Henderson DC and Pass game coordinator.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Don't know much about Henderson in particular but I like the idea of continuity. The D made some big strides last year and I want to improve on that rather than have to start over yet again. Hopefully we can find someone who has worked with Pettine in the past- either internally or elsewhere at previous jobs- so we have as little change as possible.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bone View Post
                  Henderson to DC. I love the defense and don't want to see it change.
                  I can't recall what Henderson ran in NYJ and DET but wasn't it a 43? There is no guarantee he keeps the current scheme.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    I can't recall what Henderson ran in NYJ and DET but wasn't it a 43? There is no guarantee he keeps the current scheme.
                    Herm was there so lots of two deep coverage, rush four or bust. Nothing like Pettine, but you know that.

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                      • Sep 2004

The good thing is, we ran a hybrid defense. So we can really do whatever with the guys we have right now. Should be a nice option for whoever fills in.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                        I want Weaver and Henderson to stay. Oneil can guy as far as I am concerned, I like the guy and all but I think Weaver and Henderson were the two crucial positions coaches to our defense last year.

I like the idea of Wade but I am not sure he would be able to call the defense that we ran last year.

I think the best choice is Henderson and the new guy they hired takes over as DB coach (he coached DBs in Tampa last year and they had a good year).

As for LB coach I would look to see if they can convince Pepper to come in as LB coach but with some bigger title like run d coordinator and Henderson DC and Pass game coordinator.
                        I read Pepper Johnson left the Pats* because he wanted to advance in his career.

He was passed over as DC by the Pats*

If the Bills name him DC, I think he would come to Buffalo & I think he would be a GREAT hire.

NOBODY spent more time with Belicheck & knows him better than Johnson.

If you thought the Bills Jets games were interesting because of Rex & Mike, could you imagine Bills Pats* games with Bill & Pepper?

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                          • Sep 2004

Gregg Williams rumors are now out there...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                            The good thing is, we ran a hybrid defense. So we can really do whatever with the guys we have right now. Should be a nice option for whoever fills in.
                            We ran a lot of 34, hybrid or not. Pettine's D was attacking the LOS with blitzes and schematics. Henderson has never run that kind of scheme before so to expect him to be named DC and continue it is a large reach.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
                              Wade is an obvious choice. Proven. Top 10 Ds all the time. Wants a gig.

Also Donnie Henderson, a in house move. Knows the system, been around Pettine for a while. Players, including Byrd, love him.

Who else? The Bills say they have a plan in place.
                              Wannstadt... proven, top ten D, Wants a gig... Oh!... nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X