• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Compare this to Buffalo?

From the draft room to the locker room to the practice field, there's one constant in Seattle: the music. Michael Silver chronicles DJ Pete Carroll and the omnipresent grooves that fuel his sociable Seahawks.

"From DJs at practice to first-class chefs, Seattle has become the NFL's most popular destination."

An article on how players love to play for the Seahawks, with a big contribution from Lynch.

Does Buffalo's midgrade facility and the varying opinions on the town affect our ability to be competitive?

• MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Compare this to Buffalo?

Our chefs made wings, it's showed on the field.

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

There's more of a sell with Buffalo, but I don't see it being a hindrance. Remember tat many former players still reside there, including Jimbo, who wouldn't even come at first.

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
        There's more of a sell with Buffalo, but I don't see it being a hindrance. Remember tat many former players still reside there, including Jimbo, who wouldn't even come at first.
        or maybe they stick around because Ralph is so cheap and Buffalo is one of the most affordable places to live Kidding a bit as am born and raised in Buffalo and there's plenty to do here but it's a matter of finding it. Or if you don't like the bigger city feel spend a few nights in Toronto before coming back.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
          or maybe they stick around because Ralph is so cheap and Buffalo is one of the most affordable places to live Kidding a bit as am born and raised in Buffalo and there's plenty to do here but it's a matter of finding it. Or if you don't like the bigger city feel spend a few nights in Toronto before coming back.
          ...not to mention that come January (or February in another year or two) you can pack up and go wherever you want until the winter ends and spring arrives again. Shoot... I may still live in Buffalo if I could pull that trick.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
            There's more of a sell with Buffalo, but I don't see it being a hindrance.
            I guess this is what I'm wondering about when you compare opportunities elsewhere.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
              http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...stop-the-music

"From DJs at practice to first-class chefs, Seattle has become the NFL's most popular destination."

An article on how players love to play for the Seahawks, with a big contribution from Lynch.

Does Buffalo's midgrade facility and the varying opinions on the town affect our ability to be competitive?
              I read that article and wondered, then remembered LA is probably the best place for such, has lost more NFL teams than we have, and less of them than we do.

I don't like Carroll, but that's all Pete Carroll to his credit, and would be no matter where he went. You'd be seeing the same stuff had he gone to Jacksonville or started out with a new franchise in Boise.

I'm still not convinced it means they roll up titles though they're having fun.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Players used to tell me that they loved Buffalo, because despite the taxes, their money went much further here.

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

How many players did you speak to exactly?

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                    I guess this is what I'm wondering about when you compare opportunities elsewhere.
                    It definitely depends on your priorities. That's why we need to have an "all about football" sell to it. I mean, if Green Bay can get/keep guys, there's no reason Buffalo shouldn't be able to. We definitely have more going on than that town. Plus, the weather's not all bad. I mean, there aren't many better places in America from camp through September. It all comes down to making guys want to be a part of what's happening on the field though. Do that and the rest will take care of itself.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Seattle is an awesome city. So much to do there and the weather is pretty mild compared to here. I spent about a year and a half out there when I was in the military.

Comment

• EricStratton
                        • Jul 2002

It seems that every few years the hot new team pops up. It was Jerry's palace in Dallas that would draw players, Dan Snyder's new jet in Washington, the new facility for the Jets etc etc etc.

Winning makes Seattle an attractive location right now, if they had missed on Wilson and had Matt Flynn as QB none of this stuff would have mattered.

In the end most players play for the money and for the opportunity to win and an opportunity to get playing time over all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Working...
                        X