PDA

View Full Version : Would you make this trade....1st Rounder for Andre Johnson and a 3rd Roud pick?

The Jokeman
01-25-2014, 09:58 AM
So I was busy reading a few internet articles about offseason moves and http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-draft-three-trades-could-ruin-tennessee-titans-222900779--nfl.html article mentions a scenario where the Bills trade their top pick and acquire Andre Johnson and Houston's 3rd Round pick. It's of course pure speculation and has no real legs but it was written by a Titans writer/fan so it wasn't Bills biased and I know it's unlikely to happen but of course it got my gears in my brain to thinking what if it could happen and would you want to do it? As Johnson would definitely give us the big WR we've been hoping for. Yet he's 33 so he could only be around for another two or three years. Yet that 3rd along with him makes the deal make sense from the Bills perspective. What say you?

Goobylal
01-25-2014, 10:04 AM
No. AJ is on the downside.

mikemac2001
01-25-2014, 10:23 AM
3Rd rd pick only

The Jokeman
01-25-2014, 10:27 AM

Downside yes but a proven #1 WR with size but we're also getting a 3rd Rounder that could use to develop someone behind him. I think it be a great trade but think it's just wishful thinking for me.

SpikedLemonade
01-25-2014, 10:31 AM
You only make that trade if you believe you are a contender and he puts you over the top.

We are not close to having a winning record yet so that trade makes no sense.

OLDSRIP
01-25-2014, 01:50 PM
You only make that trade if you believe you are a contender and he puts you over the top.

We are not close to having a winning record yet so that trade makes no sense.

I agree, he's to old. If he was 28, different story.

ublinkwescore
01-25-2014, 02:09 PM
keep our first and grab the best tackle or wr on the board at 9.

YardRat
01-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Hell no. What did SF give up for Boldin, a sixth? I'd go a fourth, no higher.

Skooby
01-25-2014, 02:20 PM
Lets swap our 4th for their 6th for him.

ublinkwescore
01-25-2014, 02:39 PM
let's just say no to Andre Johnson - he's done like Lee Evans was when we traded him to Baltimore.

swiper
01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Houston won't do that. They're drafting Bridgewater or Bortles. They'll need a proven #1 target to throw to. No way Houston lets Johnson go. Downside or not.

Don't Panic
01-25-2014, 02:49 PM
I'd rather trade Mario for a couple picks and break the bank on Jimmy Graham. Now THAT guy could greatly enhance our passing game, and for many years to come.

THATHURMANATOR
01-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Hell no

Lone Stranger
01-25-2014, 02:54 PM
No; age makes a difference.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-25-2014, 07:58 PM

He went for 1400 yards this year with some of the worst qbs in the league. He's clearly still got some tread on the tires. That said, or pick is too high for a rental.

TacklingDummy
01-25-2014, 10:13 PM
No.
What I would do is swap Johnson for Johnson and 1st round picks.

better days
01-25-2014, 10:54 PM
I hear Terrell Owens is available.

THRILLHO
01-25-2014, 11:01 PM
If we were a WR away from the post season, yes. But we are two WRs, half an offensive line, a TE, and some new LBs away from an 8-8 season. So no.

SpikedLemonade
01-26-2014, 12:14 AM
If we were a WR away from the post season, yes. But we are two WRs, half an offensive line, a TE, and some new LBs away from an 8-8 season. So no.

That was so well said.

Better Days is crying because he thinks we are going to make the play-offs THIS year.

pmoon6
01-26-2014, 07:18 AM
I'd rather trade Mario for a couple picks and break the bank on Jimmy Graham. Now THAT guy could greatly enhance our passing game, and for many years to come.HaHaHa. Payton and the Saints will never let Graham walk.

pmoon6
01-26-2014, 07:19 AM
That was so well said.

Better Days is crying because he thinks we are going to make the play-offs THIS year.As opposed to your crying about how badly we suck?

Here, have a tissue.

YardRat
01-26-2014, 07:44 AM
That was so well said.

Better Days is crying because he thinks we are going to make the play-offs THIS year.

We are.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-26-2014, 01:02 PM

You think we need 6-8 new starters to get two extra wins?

I disagree. I think a true #1 wideout pushes every one of our wideouts (and Chandler) down a slot to where they belong. We need some OL and LB help, but that can be found. The difference between us and a wildcard berth is consistent play and health from EJ Manuel. I don't know that we'll get it next year either, but that's the key. If he keeps the chains moving, everything falls into place.

better days
01-26-2014, 01:06 PM
You think we need 6-8 new starters to get two extra wins?

I disagree. I think a true #1 wideout pushes every one of our wideouts (and Chandler) down a slot to where they belong. We need some OL and LB help, but that can be found. The difference between us and a wildcard berth is consistent play and health from EJ Manuel. I don't know that we'll get it next year either, but that's the key. If he keeps the chains moving, everything falls into place.

I pretty much agree with you, but I think a healthy Stevie or a more experienced Woods may be that #1 receiver.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-26-2014, 01:13 PM
I pretty much agree with you, but I think a healthy Stevie or a more experienced Woods may be that #1 receiver.

I think that ship has sailed with Johnson, but that's the hope for Woods.

BillsFever21
01-27-2014, 06:22 PM
That's way too much for a 33 year old WR. It would be nice to have him but not for that price. The most you could hope for would be a couple decent seasons out of him. That's not worth giving up a 1st round pick for. It doesn't matter if would get a 3rd back in return it would still be too much.

The only way you would entertain the idea would be if you were a contending team with awful WR's and needed a good WR. Even then the price would be too high unless you thought it could put you over the top.

BillsFever21
01-27-2014, 10:27 PM
We need our top picks to fill all of our holes before we added a 33 year old WR. He may have a good two years of high level play left in him at the most. He's at that age for WR's where they can go downhill fast. If it was for a 4th round pick then many teams would jump on it.

I don't see where the Texans would get the value to trade him for his market value unless he became a hassle in the locker room or they desperately needed the cap space. I don't see where any team would give up anymore then a 3rd and a late second at the very most which would even be stretching it. Even with a late second a team would probably want that as a conditional pick or another draft pick in return with it. He's still a good WR but not for long. It would need to be on a contending team.

Plus why would Johnson want to be traded to Buffalo? He wants out of Houston so he can have a chance to play for a team contending for the Super Bowl. Why would he want to leave Houston who has at least made the playoffs outside of their meltdown last season for Buffalo? Buffalo would be lucky to be on a cusp of competing for a playoff spot let alone a Super Bowl.