PDA

View Full Version : Flutie

BidsJr
01-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Like 4 inches shorter than Brees. Pretty amazing what he did.

***Flutie obviously I can't edit the thread title.

cookie G
01-26-2014, 08:36 PM
oboe was taller...but just wasn't as good..

BidsJr
01-26-2014, 08:40 PM
oboe was taller...but just wasn't as good..

Clever, I know you are too old to have an Apple product with auto correct.

DynaPaul
01-29-2014, 05:04 PM
More like piccolo.

swiper
01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm more of a woodwind man, myself.

BillsFever21
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Just because he was good as a short QB didn't make him a good QB. If he was 5 inches taller you would've barely ever heard a peep about him.

The Jokeman
01-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Like 4 inches shorter than Brees. Pretty amazing what he did.

***Flutie obviously I can't edit the thread title.

What exactly Flutie do? He was something unlike the NFL had seen in 1998 but literally dropped the ball in the Dolphins playoff game when the he got sacked by Trace Armstrong. By 1999 the rest of the league started catching up with him and he was a glorified game manager who struggled with turnovers and putting up more than 13 points a game who got benched after his replacement put up 31 against a playoff team Flutie himself lost to 15 weeks earlier and only managed to put up 14 points against.

Night Train
01-30-2014, 03:50 AM
What exactly Flutie do? He was something unlike the NFL had seen in 1998 but literally dropped the ball in the Dolphins playoff game when the he got sacked by Trace Armstrong. By 1999 the rest of the league started catching up with him and he was a glorified game manager who struggled with turnovers and putting up more than 13 points a game who got benched after his replacement put up 31 against a playoff team Flutie himself lost to 15 weeks earlier and only managed to put up 14 points against.

Flutie was good for half a season, the 2nd half of 1998. We won (Defense and running game) in spite of him after.

BidsJr
01-30-2014, 11:37 AM

He made it to the NFL as a QB at 5ft 6 or 7. Never said I thought he was great. I wanted to see RJ at the time.

stuckincincy
01-30-2014, 12:15 PM
He made it to the NFL as a QB at 5ft 6 or 7. Never said I thought he was great. I wanted to see RJ at the time.

Yep. Like him or not, he charged up the fans and and got some wins for a decent club.

He was doing color 2 years ago for college games. Pretty good at it IMO. I didn't come across him this year - maybe he wasn't doing games I viewed, maybe he got canned...he can be an irksome snot.

The Jokeman
01-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Yep. Like him or not, he charged up the fans and and got some wins for a decent club.

He was doing color 2 years ago for college games. Pretty good at it IMO. I didn't come across him this year - maybe he wasn't doing games I viewed, maybe he got canned...he can be an irksome snot.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wb_CLcTAUCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best Commercial Ever!

stuckincincy
01-31-2014, 05:52 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wb_CLcTAUCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best Commercial Ever!

:drive:

Meathead
01-31-2014, 08:26 AM
note how they have to pick the fattest gross bastard to be the red haired white guy. redhairedwhitemalecists

DraftBoy
01-31-2014, 08:37 AM

He's doing Notre Dame pre-game for NBC with Hines Ward.