PDA

View Full Version : In Honor of the Grammys - First Idiot Mock of 2014 Awarded

TigerJ
01-26-2014, 10:07 PM
You know me by now. I look at mock drafts every day. Once in a while I come across one that excels in its idiocy. I've created a special award just for them. Today's award winner is a simple one rounder from a Green Bay Packer fan sight. The idiocy extends beyond the Bills pick, however. This mocker is unconventional as he starts the draft off by having Johnny Manziel go to the Texans. Unconventional - yes, but not unheard of. I've seen a couple others do the same. It gets weird when with the 8th pick Minnesota takes Allen Robinson from Penn State. I's not like Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans are off the board. Robinson is the first receiver taken. Then Buffalo picks Cyril Richardson. It must be Cyril Richardson's outstanding showing at the Senior Bowl. Oh, he struggled mightily against Aaron Donald, a very active, but under sized defensive tackle from powerhouse Pittsburgh. Even before that, he was widely considered a late first round prospect at best. Granted, guard might be the most acute need Buffalo has, but Doug Whaley should be fired if he reaches that far to fill a need he can easily fill later in the draft.

Later in the first, the Rams reach for the fast, but undersized Ryan Shazier. Maybe they like his name. It is kinda cool. There are a few other picks that seem well out of line with generally perceived values, but you get the idea.

ICRockets
01-27-2014, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Johnny Football go first. He's got plenty of time to move up the boards, and the narrative that could turn him into a Texas Hero is compelling.

B-DON
01-27-2014, 12:30 AM
allen robinson is a stud but no where near top 10 worthy right now

Night Train
01-27-2014, 04:47 AM
Mock drafts are fun to mock.

TigerJ
01-27-2014, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Johnny Football go first. He's got plenty of time to move up the boards, and the narrative that could turn him into a Texas Hero is compelling.My issue with this mock is not the Manziel pick. As I said, Manziel to the Texans is not unheard of in the world of 2014 mock drafts. As you suggest, there are certainly arguments in support of it.