PDA

View Full Version : Who gets into the playoffs first

trapezeus
01-27-2014, 04:45 PM
just a gut call for you all. does pettine and the browns make the playoffs first or the Marrone Bills?

swiper
01-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Nothing personal, but your gut is wrong. Pettine walked into a world of poop over there.

The team that will succeed first will be the one to find a franchise QB first. Neither team is now close to that.

IlluminatusUIUC
01-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Pettine is in a far worse division. I think Baltimore and Pitt rebound somewhat and Cincy is still formidable in the regular season.

YardRat
01-27-2014, 05:45 PM
The Bills make me want to SHOUT!

Mouldsie
01-27-2014, 05:53 PM
I'll wait until the draft is over

Novacane
01-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Whatever team is the first to solidify their QB spot with a legit above average NFL starter. If that's EJ we make it first. If not who knows.

TigerJ
01-27-2014, 09:34 PM
The Bills' front office is giving more evidence of competency than they have in years. I think Pettine's efforts are likely to be sabotaged by a bunch of idiots staffing the front office of the Browns. Go Bills!

Oaf
01-27-2014, 10:50 PM
TJ Ward and Josh Gordon look good out there Sunday. Definite building blocks. Close call..

Joe Thomas was abused though.

Skooby
01-28-2014, 10:22 PM
D.) Nevermind

malvado78
01-29-2014, 05:31 AM
Nothing personal, but your gut is wrong. Pettine walked into a world of poop over there.

The team that will succeed first will be the one to find a franchise QB first. Neither team is now close to that.
Looks like Pettine thinks he has one. So it must be the Browns that make it in first:

"I think he's a winner,'' said Pettine. "I think the intangibles with Brian are off the charts. I think he's a football junky and I think you can tell he loves the game. He came from a system where he learned from the best in the game and that showed on the field. A lot of people, based on his background, kind of fall asleep on him a little bit. I think he's a winning quarterback in this league.''

I'll wait until the draft is over
The draft of what year... Neither of these teams are one draft away from the playoffs.

jdaltroy5
01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
The draft of what year... Neither of these teams are one draft away from the playoffs.
Every team is one draft away from the playoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
01-29-2014, 10:24 AM
I vote Bills but nothing would surprise me.

CleveSteve
01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
The options do not include all the scenarios...

The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 15 years right?

The Browns, prior to Pettine, have had 7 head coaches since 1999. That's about 1 every 2 seasons.

Is Tom effin' Brady going to be the QB of the Pats for the next two seasons?

Perhaps the most likely possibility, that Pettine is fired before either team makes it, isn't listed with the Browns getting in ahead of the Bills.

Just sayin'... more of a reflection on the Browns than the Bills.

BertSquirtgum
01-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Neither and I don't care about Pettine leaving but I do hate the fact that he's poaching all the coaches from the Bills.

alohabillsfan
01-30-2014, 04:24 AM
If the bills stick with EJ the next 2 years then I say browns

sukie
01-30-2014, 07:23 AM
I had to vote Pettine and the Browns... I know somehow the Bills will muck it up and take a guard at 9 and never have a pick that high again for a decade.

7-9 here we come!!!!

better days
01-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Neither and I don't care about Pettine leaving but I do hate the fact that he's poaching all the coaches from the Bills.

Well, Pettine poached those same Coaches from the Jets when he left there.

I doubt any of them are all that great that they will be hard to replace.

The Bills retained the best Coach on the staff in Donnie Henderson.

ServoBillieves
01-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Both make it in 2015. They lose to the Jaguars and Raiders in the wildcard round, with the Titans losing to the Vikings in the Super Bowl.

Meathead
01-30-2014, 09:12 AM
bills are making it this year while the browns have no chance. so by assembling all the statistics and dividing by the distance of the earth to the sun we can safely predict it will be the bills

jdaltroy5
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
bills are making it this year while the browns have no chance. so by assembling all the statistics and dividing by the distance of the earth to the sun we can safely predict it will be the bills
You're doing your annual "Bills will make the playoffs" prediction mighty early this year.

Meathead
01-30-2014, 10:46 AM
well last season i said five wins so that was a good one. but yeah im back to my more typical 'ten wins' mantra. one of these years its gonna hit and i will pretend like i knew it all along

stuckincincy
01-30-2014, 03:18 PM
just a gut call for you all. does pettine and the browns make the playoffs first or the Marrone Bills?

If the Bills are dumb enough to once again fork over top $ to a center fielder named Byrd, I give the nod to CLE.

CleveSteve
01-30-2014, 03:22 PM
If the Bills are dumb enough to once again fork over top $ to a center fielder named Byrd, I give the nod to CLE.

Browns might end up paying $11 million to a center this offseason to balance that out.

stuckincincy
01-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Browns might end up paying $11 million to a center this offseason to balance that out.

Heh.

I'm looking forward to this year's performance of the Cleveland Follies. As well as you must look forward to year 12 of the reign of Marvin the Invincible. :censored: