PDA

View Full Version : Jim Schwartz: We’re going to be an attack scheme

swiper
01-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Jim Schwartz: We’re going to be an attack scheme

The Bills introduced their new defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz at a press conference on Monday, which is just one of many changes to come for the team’s defensive staff.

Head coach Doug Marrone said that he expects linebackers coach Jim O’Neil to join former defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in Cleveland. Marrone said he believes quality control coach Brian Fleury and defensive assistant Jeff Hafley will also be heading to the Browns and added that he “doesn’t feel good” about defensive line coach Anthony Weaver staying.

Defensive backs coach Donnie Henderson and assistant defensive backs coach Samson Brown are expected to stay with the team and Schwartz gave some hints about the kind of defense they’ll be running. While he didn’t address too many specifics about what the team would do defensively, Schwartz did say they wouldn’t be tied to any one approach as they try to find what works best for the Bills.

“You can’t put it in a box. It’ll be opponent-specific and multi-dimensional. We are an attack scheme,” Schwartz said.

That is a similar approach to the one that the Bills rode to 57 sacks and 23 interceptions under Pettine, which could mean that the changes in Buffalo under Schwartz fall short of drastic.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/27/jim-schwartz-were-going-to-be-an-attack-scheme/

ParanoidAndroid
01-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Marrone is excited. Obviously.

Skooby
01-27-2014, 06:44 PM
Sweet, just stop the run as well.

BillsImpossible
01-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Marrone sounded pissed off today.

One night stands suck.

The Jokeman
01-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Marrone sounded pissed off today.

One night stands suck.

One nights stand do suck but even worse is the damn "girl" also took a bunch of "cookies out of the cookie jar" (see all the departing defensive coaches) before "she" left.

Meathead
01-27-2014, 08:03 PM
im excited to be here and first off id just like to say that we are not going to be an attacking defense. we are going to try to let the opposing offense dictate things to us on the field and play the game on their terms. we are going to be a stay at home unit, and we are not going to just go out there and get after them. i will now take questions

malvado78
01-27-2014, 08:07 PM
im excited to be here and first off id just like to say that we are not going to be an attacking defense. we are going to try to let the opposing offense dictate things to us on the field and play the game on their terms. we are going to be a stay at home unit, and we are not going to just go out there and get after them. i will now take questions

Wandstat? Is that you?

jimmifli
01-27-2014, 10:53 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/84095-sensible-chuckle-magazine-laug-gCzo.gif

swiper
01-28-2014, 04:18 AM
One nights stand do suck but even worse is the damn "girl" also took a bunch of "cookies out of the cookie jar" (see all the departing defensive coaches) before "she" left.

Hey. As long as she doesn't leave you with crabs, you can recover your dignity and go on about your life.

http://imgsrv.wgr550.com/image/DbLiteGraphic/201308/13273075.jpg

Forward_Lateral
01-28-2014, 09:04 AM
If nothing else, this team is going to have the most passionate coaches in the NFL.

Something I can't say I've seen in Buffalo in a very long time.

The King
01-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Marrone was definitely pissed I'd be willing to bet they had to reopen the check book to Donnie Henderson too.

But Marrone said if you don't want to be here than GTFO.

stuckincincy
01-28-2014, 12:01 PM
What's he supposed to say? We will be laid back?

It's just the usual fluffy goodness spiel that teams spout after a coaching change.

BertSquirtgum
01-28-2014, 02:21 PM
I fully expect another under .500 season this coming year.

Don't Panic
01-28-2014, 02:32 PM
I fully expect another under .500 season this coming year.

Of course you do.

BertSquirtgum
01-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Of course you do.

Anyone who doesn't is dumb or senile or both.

Meathead
01-28-2014, 02:56 PM
marrone might have been a little pissed but i think hes also just being professional. i say that bc it is in contrast to what he has done early on being perhaps a little too friendly and laid back sometimes. ive wanted to see him be just more mature and collected in his overall approach. maybe he got that same kind of message somewhere or maybe hes just growing into it. or maybe he really is just pissed. but he got a very good replacement with schwartz so it should all be good once they get the staff filled out

Famous Amos
01-28-2014, 05:37 PM

His broad flew the coop---with another guy and all the bread!

Famous Amos
01-28-2014, 05:50 PM
the guy sounds allright but one thing kind of irked me that brought back heavy flashbacks of Wannstache. Schwartz said, "Its a scheme built on the guys up front getting pressure on the QB." Every Bills fan knows that that's what Wannstedt tried to do with the defense and it failed miserably. The defense rarely generated pressure and with very little blitzing, it gave the opposing QB ample time to make the throw downfield.

Maybe someone with better football acumen than me can explain it to me why this might be a good idea with the current personnel. The Bills did accumulate a ton of sacks this year. But that was with a ton of blitzing from the linebackers and the secondary.

All I can think of is seeing Kyle Williams or Marcel Dareus or Aaron Schobel back in the day fruitlessly throw a swim move or bull rush or spin and not get any closer to the QB. it seemed like it was all up to them to generate pressure but they couldnt ****ing do it without help from a blitz or running a stunt or whatever.

swiper
01-28-2014, 06:17 PM
http://h3.abload.de/img/it2vg50.gif

mrbojanglezs
01-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Marrone was definitely pissed I'd be willing to bet they had to reopen the check book to Donnie Henderson too.

But Marrone said if you don't want to be here than GTFO.

Donnie is a Marrone guy....he was with him at Syracuse