• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

There goes Weaver.

Bills head coach Doug Marrone expressed concern Monday that he may lose defensive line coach Anthony Weaver to the Browns. On Tuesday the Bills granted Cleveland permission to interview Weaver.

No surprise here.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: There goes Weaver.

Our players respected and liked Pettine and Weaver. Listening to what people have to say about Schwartz , players like playing for him and play hard for him as well. Should be interesting how Mario and co. react with the new DC and DL coach.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Weaver? We hardly knew you. I'm not gonna shed a tear.

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

pop goes the weaver
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

I wonder if Pettine will go after anyone on the Jets roster.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

If they don't want to lose him why did they grant him permission.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I'll take Micheal Sinclair who was non-renewed by Chicago or Chuck Smith.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                  If they don't want to lose him why did they grant him permission.
                  you cant hold ppl against their will, even if its technically legal it will be counterproductive plus youll look like a dick. when guys like pettine get their chance at a hc job teams generally let the position coaches decide which team they go with, then both teams fill in whats left
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

Taking an interview doesn't mean he'll go. Why wouldn't he listen to an offer ? I think Weaver will consider that he has a better chance of being/looking successful coaching the Bills DL, than he would coaching the Browns DL. The Browns DL isn't really bad, but the Bills are coming off a season where they had close to 60 sacks and that looks good on Weaver, which would help in some day maybe getting an offer to be a DC. I think (hope) he stays with the Bills.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                      you cant hold ppl against their will, even if its technically legal it will be counterproductive plus youll look like a dick. when guys like pettine get their chance at a hc job teams generally let the position coaches decide which team they go with, then both teams fill in whats left
                      NFL rules, if I am not mistaken, say that any position coach or coordinator can interview for a position that is considered a step up (as LB coach to coordinator). The time limit given to the Bills? IDK. Was that so the Bills had an exclusive time period to try and retain their staff member?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Our D staff was gutted, basically starting from scratch on that side of the ball.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          NFL rules, if I am not mistaken, say that any position coach or coordinator can interview for a position that is considered a step up (as LB coach to coordinator). The time limit given to the Bills? IDK. Was that so the Bills had an exclusive time period to try and retain their staff member?
                          No, you are mistaken Swiper. No NFL team is responsible for letting any coach under contract interview with another team for any position even if it is a promotion.

It is the Bills philosophy do to so. As Marrone said, we want people here that want to be here.

The Browns put the time limit on O'Neil saying if the Bills did not grant permission by Monday, they would consider someone else for that job.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                            Our D staff was gutted, basically starting from scratch on that side of the ball.
                            It does however provide the ready made excuse when the Bills end up at 7-9 this year. Look on the bright side.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                              It does however provide the ready made excuse when the Bills end up at 7-9 this year. Look on the bright side.
                              Pretty much, also doesn't say much about the org or Marrone.

I know it's a new scheme under Schwartz for some of these coaches, but everyone took off for Cleveland. Some received promotions so it makes sense to leave, for others it was a lateral move. What is interesting is that these coordinators don't have much security, no coach does, but they all left for an org which cleaned house two years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                              X