Spirited argument: Religion or cash first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Spirited argument: Religion or cash first?

Sean Gilbert once sat out a season rather than sign with the Redskins for a piddling $4 million a year. As his agent, Gus Sunseri, so memorably explained it, "It's over money, but it's not about money. It's a spiritual thing. Sean feels he's had a revelation from God that this should be the figure."
    The figure, as it turned out, was $4.5 million. (And Carolina's gullible Panthers, bless 'em, eventually paid him that much and more.)
    Deion Sanders also has had a revelation from God, and he, too, has been given a figure. The figure, a lawsuit claims, is $1,500. That's all the Neon One was willing to cough up for repairs done on his '61 Lincoln Continental convertible two years ago, even though the bill was for $4,265.57. According the suit, Deion handed the repair-shop owner a check for $1,500 and said, "Praise Jesus ... I follow in my heart what I'm told to pay."
    Of course, that isn't all he said. Deion's gift for gab is second only to his gift for self-promotion. "I mean, there's so much of it, it was like a sermon," the repair-shop owner told the Dallas Morning News. "I just can't remember all of it

MORE
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
Working...
X